Elizabeth on 37th
105 E. 37th St.
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Elizabeth on 37th
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elizabethon37th.net/
- Phone: 9122365547
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 6:00pm - 9:30pm Please note: not all tables available are posted online.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kelly Yambor
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The second floor banquet rooms can accommodate parties of up to 50 people (completely private with foyer/reception area and private courtyard).
- Private Party Contact: Morgen Schaff 9122365547
- Special Events: Elizabeth on 37th occasionally offers special wine tasting/winemaker dinners. Please call if you would like to be added to our mailing list.
A word from Elizabeth on 37th
Southern hospitality, fine coastal cuisine, and well-chosen wines in a comfortable, elegant 1900 mansion have made Elizabeth on 37th a favorite destination in Savannah for 24 years. Inspired by Chef Elizabeth Terry, Elizabeth on 37th continues to serve a sumptuous combination of traditional and innovative dishes, directed by Chef Kelly Yambor. The wine program and service staff are led by owners Greg and Gary Butch. Elizabeth on 37th is located in the Victorian District. The mansion, built for a cotton broker, is decorated with historic Savannah colors and patterns, fresh flowers, original paintings and ceramics, and is entered through fragrant herb gardens. *For parties larger than 8, please contact the restaurant for availability via phone or email. Thank you.*Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Elizabeth on 37th - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
Elizabeth on 37th reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (129)fit for foodies (112)romantic (100)notable wine list (70)neighborhood gem (56)good for groups (23)hot spot (7)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- You'll be taken care of...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Elizabeth's is elegant but cozy, a hidden gem and a local icon...the owners see that everyone receives the most attentive service, delicious, unique dining experiences tailored to their tastes and restrictions (coming from a gluten/dairy/garlic free person, this is a must!) paired with brilliant wines and delectable desserts. Dining at Elizabeth's is a magical experience, perfect for Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014A fabulous evening, wonderful food, great service, a truly fantastic experience.Special Features:
- Excellent food; other aspects workGary2014Dined on 10/17/2014We came for the food and we were not disappointed. Having said that, we felt the service to be almost indifferent - a little warmth would help! We also found the number of helper rushing around the room, going to and from the kitchen, to be distracting and annoying.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014Top restaurant in Savannah. A bit pricy but the portions warrant the prices. Friendly and knowledgable staff. Quaint old southern decor. This is a must do on your Savannah vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CulinarykitchenVIPDined on 10/15/20149 course tasting menu was exquisite! We loved everything about the restaurant from outstanding artfully prepared food to ambiance and service. We had a lovely banquette corner window table which made for a romantic intimate dining experience. The amuse bouche with 2 seafood selections and petite choux were divine. The staff did a great job pacing the courses and paid attention to detail. If we are ever in Savannah again, we will dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceJohnSDined on 10/14/2014Our waiter had been there since 1983 and was very knowledgeable and helpful. The service was outstanding. The food was excellent if a little pricey. My only complaint was that we were seated in what was once a side porch and so the ambience was not very good. I advised the restaurant beforehand that this was a special occasion for us (36th wedding anniversary) so it would have been nice to be seated in the romantic part of the house rather than the addition. Cannot fault the service and food though....wonderful.Special Features:
- Flawless serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014The service at Elizabeth on 37th is flawless. Everyone was wonderful, from the host to the multiple waiters who helped us. The atmosphere is very quiet and peaceful. The diver scallops with chanterelles and beurre blanc were amazing. I would walk over hot coals for them. The seafood with red rice was tasty, but nothing remarkable. Our appetizer, a special of roasted oysters with curry sauce, was hugely disappointing. Gritty, miniscule oysters swimming in sauce, half of them sitting in broken shells, arranged haphazardly on a plate with wilted greens. I love oysters, and I expected much better from such a lovely restaurant. Given the high prices, I would have hoped for more dishes like the scallops.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceLC14Dined on 10/13/2014I would recommend this restaurant to anyone for a special occasion. Make the effort to dress up and treat yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerStLouisFamilyDined on 10/12/2014We Went to Elizabeth's on a recommendation from a friend. The setting was amazing! It was a beautiful old home in a lovely area. There were so many items to choose from on the menu that looked incredible and that did not count the specials. Each of us ordered a different menu item and none of the three of us were disappointed. We shared a wonderful chocolate pecan torte for desert that also was delectable. As far as the service, it started out excellent but then I think the Captain forgot about us for a bit. After that though, the service caught back up. Overall it was a wonderful experience with amazing food! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Savannah.Special Features:
- Excellent experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/12/2014The food, service, and ambiance are terrific. Our second time; we will return on our next visit.Special Features:
- weloveelizabeths2Dined on 10/11/2014We arrange our journey from the Northeast to Florida around a dinner at Elizabeth's. It is superb dining and we have never been disapponted!!!Special Features:
- Satisfaction GuaranteedHappyDinnersDined on 10/11/2014I wanted to take my wife to a very special place for her birthday on our trip to Savanna. Looked up reviews of different locations and found that Elizabeth on 37th was highly recommended; it was described as a very nice restaurant, we were not disappointed. The food was served in a way as not to rush the dinner, the Sommelier, or Captain, was fairly knowledgeable. Food served was excellent and we will do our best when in Savanna again, to visit Elizabeth on 37th again for another unforgettable experience.Special Features:
- What a fun night!ShanaDined on 10/10/2014I brought my friends from out of town here since they requested "very nice". I had been to this restaurant about 10 years before so knew it is "very nice". What I didn't expect was how incredibly fun it was too! The waiters made it a party so not only was our dinner delicious, we ended up closing the place down and had a blast! Thank you to the wait staff for such a great experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingKat505Dined on 10/9/2014Excellent food and beautiful ambiance, but very difficult to access for parking. Did not see any valet services and this would have been helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Savannah 'MUST'!WonderlustDined on 10/7/2014My husband and I were in Savannah for five days and dined here our last night. It capped off our entire Savannah experience: a beautiful historic home, gracious southern hospitality and beautiful, delicious food. We asked for a candle for our table, and our server brough NOT a tea light but a candlestick. Within half an hour, three other diners also had candles on their table and the diningroom was cast in a romantic glow. I highly recommend Elizabeth's!Special Features:
- Way over-ratedSis3306Dined on 10/7/2014We had high hopes for Elizabeth's. The low lights, however, were so extreme that it colored the entire experience. A $40 filet entree, ordered medium rare, should never be served well done. And when it is, the waiter should be on top of the correction. Ours was not. Not only did he disappear after the error, he dispatched the back servers to our table for the rest of our dinner. My entree didn't reappear until after everyone else finished their dinners. There were apologies offered, but not as much as a complimentary dessert or glass of wine. Our waiter literally disappeared while 3 others filled in, bumbling over each other. It took 3 tries to get someone to recite the dessert menu.Special Features:
- IdontcookIdontcookDined on 10/5/2014Really nice restaurant. Came highly recommended and did not disappoint. Had a party of 8 that went to 9 at the last minute, staff seamlessly set an extra place. Tasty mussel dish prepared by the chef, came out first - YUM. Oyster ap was awesome. Had the snapper special, delish. Everything was great. Waiter was adorable. Would go back tomorrow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treat.wtxyzDined on 10/5/2014My wife thoroughly loved her birthday dinner. Was especially pleased with her salmon entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Yet Modern SouthernNCFoodEnthusiastDined on 10/5/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Elegant setting with a knowledgeable and seasoned senior waitstaff. Elizabeth's interprets Southern classics w a modern twist. After we indicated to our captain we were both interested in the Carolina red rice seafood jambalaya - he asked how hungry we were. We said moderately. He suggested that we share the main dish and share two appetizers which we did. We so appreciated that! The resulting portion size was pitch perfect. We had the sublime curried oysters, followed by the soup of the evening- a puréed mushroom soup topped w forested mushrooms. Simply delicious. We then had room for their signature angel food cake- their riff on an English Trifle. If you're looking for a fine dining restaurant - a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elizabeth on 37th: best of SavannahMoose26Dined on 10/5/2014My wife and I were visiting Savannah for a wedding. The two big places to eat a nice meal in Savannah were the Old Pink House and Elizabeth on 37th. The Old Pink House was like a Cheese Cake Factory and I mean that in a good way. On the other hand, Elizabeth on 37th is what you would expect from a top tier restaurant. It is set in a beautiful old southern home and the service is unparalleled. The restaurant is quiet and stunning to look at. This was the best meal we ate in years. Both my wife and I were amazed at our dishes. I can say this was the best pork chop I've had in my life. They also brought us little extras that were great. We had a tasty mussel to start our night out. Goto Elizabeth on 37th and you will be ecstatic that you did.Special Features:
- Nice Dinnersoles1121Dined on 10/3/2014we really enjoyed our night here. The food and service were both great. It is a beautiful old house with a lot of charm. Everything we had to eat was delicious. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of SavannahGunzDined on 10/3/2014Simply put, this is best restaurant in the Savannah area.Special Features:
- Great food but lackluster servicefoodie5Dined on 10/1/2014The grouper and the scallops were wonderful. The clam appetizer was excellent. However the noise level was high and the service not great for this high end restaurant. It felt like the wait staff each had too many tables to take care of. They had to be reminded that they had to pour more wine into our empty glasses.Special Features:
- Overrated!Love2eatDined on 10/1/2014Ambiance was nice - Service was outstanding - food was so-so - Elizabeth's was OK but vastly overrated! Especially at the prices they charge - would not go back.
- An inconvenient reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/30/2014My husband and I recently dined at Elizabeth on 37th and intentionally made a later reservation to allow us time for sightseeing during our trip to Savannah. After trying to get us to change our reservation to an earlier time (via a phone call offering a "found" earlier reservation), the staff proceeded to rush us through dinner with every course arriving as soon as the prior one left the table. The entire dining experience - which covered 4 courses - took only an hour, which feels like a more appropriate pace for fast food. And the food, while decent, is certainly not worth the $35-40/entree price point they charge. Overall, an extremely disappointing experience.
- lovely dining experienceemp690Dined on 9/30/2014Our first time there and it did not disappoint. Terrific service. Very friendly and ready to meet our every need. Food was excellent. Great presentation and spool delicious. Fresh and beautiful.Special Features:
- Outstanding restaurantSFTravelerDined on 9/28/2014We had the 7-course tasting menu. The house is quite elegant and sets the scene for a quiet romantic dinner. The food was outstanding and the service impeccable. Definitely one of the best, if not the best, restaurant in Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fresh local with wonderful flavorTobyBostonDined on 9/27/2014it was out third time at Elizabeth's, each time the food and service are top rate. tastes are blended with to honor each ingredient and allow the main item to shine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Here by LocalsMikeODined on 9/27/2014My wife & I celebrated her birthday last night at Elizabeth's. This was our first time here. All in all, our evening was very good. The ambiance & service makes Elizabeths special. The special soup, Mushroom soup was outstanding, however, at $16.95 one didn't get very much of it. My wife got the almond/sesame crusted grouper which was fabulous, should be at nearly $38. I ordered the most expensive entree, filet at $41. The only downside of the whole evening was my filet. The sauce was wonderful but the filet? Was not good. For a $40+ cut of beef, one would expect a little bit more in quantity and of better quality. We wanted to make Elizabeth's our go to place for special occasions.Special Features:
- Evening close to perfectFoodieVIPDined on 9/26/2014Our food was delicious but delayed due to an oversight in the kitchen. The staff admitted the problem and more than compensated for delay. Lovely. Will definitely put this at the top of the special occasion places in Savannah.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurantMimiVIPDined on 9/25/2014It was a pleasure to enjoy our evening at Elizabeth on 37th. The food was wonderful and the atmosphere was fabulous.Special Features:
- Happy Happy Birthday!KCB1Dined on 9/22/2014Took my mother here for her 76th birthday. It was a Monday night in Savannah and the restaurant was packed! We had excellent service as usual. We started out with a soup that was featured... cremini mushrooms with shaved parm, it was delicious! Next, we both had mixed green salads with sliced apples, bleu cheese crumbles and a vinaigrette. I had the seared scallops for my entree and she had the grouper, both were done to perfection. We love this restaurant. They pride themselves in doing everything to perfection and trying to make your experience at Elizabeth's one you will not forget!Special Features:
- Elizabeth on 37th ReviewCtownfoodloverDined on 9/21/2014This was one of the best dining experiences we have had ever. We went for our anniversary and the service, ambiance and food were all equally 5 Star. The owner served a course and was very gracious. You can tell how engaged ownership was and the passion for food and service was evident. Will go back as many times as I can! Wine was fantastic as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!DTrosDined on 9/20/2014This was a wonderful spot for a romantic dinner or a dinner with friends. Absolutely wonderful!Special Features:
- awesomebethrocksDined on 9/20/2014for someone who eats out frequently ,this place was an absolute treat. From the service to, food, to wine it was a memorable evening. any other restaurants in Savannah fail to compare only because this place is a few notches above them all.Special Features:
- Ranks up there with Commander's PalTCinATLDined on 9/19/2014One of the two best restaurants at which I have eaten. Exquisite from the time you walk in the door.Special Features:
- A Savannah ClassicEdwardVIPDined on 9/18/2014I have not been to Elizabeth's in several years and was happy to see it still lives up to its fantastic reputation. We enjoyed the house made mozalella carprese salad, the tenderloin, the grouper and finished with the Savannah cream. All was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment!SavfooddemonDined on 9/18/2014Very expensive for less than mediocre food. The biscuits tasted like Bisquik that was made 1 week in advance. The regular entree was okay (nothing to rave about) but the special was awful. The dessert was a rubbery cake and inedible.
- Great evening in SavannahAussieJBDined on 9/17/2014My friends and I were visiting from Australia, and visited this restaurant based on its inclusion in the "1,000 Things To Do Before You Die" book. The restaurant really lived up to the recommendation and we just loved the food. Our waitress helped make the evening a fun and happy occasion, and we just had a great time. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Best in TowndiscerningdinerDined on 9/14/2014This old standby is easily the best in town. Service is excellent and the food never disappoints. Excellent wine list. Specials are usually just that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.