17785 No. 10 Highway
Surrey, BC V3S 1E2Neighborhood:
GermanPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elisabethchalet.com/
- Phone: 6045741474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM;
Dinner: Daily: 4:30 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: German, Austrian
- Executive Chef: Max Blaker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Sunny Manihani 6045741474
A word from Elisabeth's Chalet
Elisabeth's Chalet Restaurant has a unique European atmosphere. With its authentic Bavarian woodworks and its cozy lay-out, you soon imagine yourself in an Austrian "Gasthof:," right in beautiful "Downtown" Cloverdale. The fresh flower arrangements everywhere, crisp linen and friendly, knowledgeable servers make these surroundings relaxing and very comfortable. Elisabeth Chalet has been serving the Fraser Valley for 30 years with delicious Schnitzels, Steaks, Bratwurst and fresh Seafood. Our Chefs are European trained and have been working with us for 30 years! "Consistency is our trademark."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Elisabeth's Chalet reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (3)romantic (2)neighborhood gem (1)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- DissapointedMickeyDined on 10/14/2014We have been going to Elizabeth's for years and years. This night was a real disappointment,It was my 50th Birthday celebration and I had a ton of family in town from all over Canada. One of my sisters' had the night special of Ribs and said it was very good. My husband and I ordered mushroom caps and they were barely warm and runny. Our prime rib was not Prime Rib. It was the thinnest piece of roast beef I have seen that was meant to be Prime Rib. There was little or no gravy and it was completely congealed. We were offered comp desserts but, The meal was already ruined. Although I did appreciate the lovely grouping of flowers and the Happy Birthday song I was very embarrassed. WE had five other family members with us!
- Favorite for yearsOregonianDined on 10/14/2014Bring my 88 year old Mom for special occasions. Believe or or noyt,she can still polish off a whole Hunter Schnitzel and trimmings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodchicky81Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I were the youngest people in there by a few decades. The décor is a little dated. But, the food is amazing. Rich, flavourful and delicious. Wine list is pretty decent, and they serve an amazing German beer that we can't find anywhere else.Special Features:
- The following 34 reviews are from the Elisabeth's Chalet reviews archive.
- Service was very good, ourElisabethsDined on 9/16/2013Service was very good, our meals arrived at our table fairly quickly after we ordered, not a long wait like some other restaurants, food was very good, would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a nice place to eat on a special occasion.Special Features:
- Better than last time,SparkyWhiteRockDined on 9/16/2013We hadn't been there in over 3 years. Pleasantly surprised. No longer rushed as in the past. Good food and generous portions.Special Features:
- First ChoiceflowergirlDined on 9/13/2013Elizabeth's has it all and very much up there in the 'fine dining' with "relaxed feel" category, with the added bonus of making their customers feel special whether you are celebrating an event with a crowd or just dropping in for dinner. The staff is very professional and treat you with respect, courtesy, friendliness and all around add a personal touch to your dining experience. Not to mention the food is always prepared to perfection and tastes great and the service is top notch. Also, I feel I should mention that you get all this at a very reasonable price. I have been going here for many years and honestly have enjoyed each visit. I plan to have many more meals here in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was great as wasbecausewecanDined on 9/12/2013The service was great as was the wait staff. Food was piping hot when delivered and the portions were generous. Would definitely go back again. We went for a special occasion but would go again just because we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful experiencewinstonDined on 9/8/2013We had a wonderful experience at Elizabeth's Chalet - I was a little sceptical about reserving on-line with a few requests - but I didn't need to worry as everything went without a hitch, food was tasty and lots of it, the servers were very attentive to our needs, quiet music in the background, as we were a large group we were never waiting long for food, drinks etc., I would definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food DeliveryDixieDined on 8/16/2013I think that waiting for 1.5 hours to get a meal is ridiculously slow. The schnitzels were recommended by the server but they were just average - nothing to rave about. I later heard from someone that they also had to wait for about 1.5 hours to get their meal so it seems this is the norm for this restaurant. I doubt we will be back.
- Good spot for regularsAuntiDoDined on 8/11/2013Some of the menu items were very tasty and some only so so. We missed the prime rib not being on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Ambiance & Great ServiceQuasarDined on 8/2/2013The food was excellent, the service was great and I cannot think of a better place to take that "first" date. I did and it was perfect. The table in the corner, a beautiful setting and quiet enough that we could talk and get to know each other. I will definitely be going back there for that "second" date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here is consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2013The food here is consistently good and the ambiance is perfect for group / family gatherings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SchnitzelCeyaziaDined on 7/25/2013I've only ever ordered the Schnitzel (which is pork, not veal). I've also learnt to order the smaller portion which is still a huge amount of food. The full portion almost covers a large dinner plate, accompanied by roasted potato, veggies, and a German red cabbage dish. I ordered mine with the crab, asparagus and a delicious hollandaise sauce. There's many ways on the menu to order Schnitzel....just pick your favorite and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality German foodhungergamesVIPDined on 7/16/2013An excellent selection of schnitzel and other German specialties. Unlike at many other German restaurants I've tried over the years, the food was not overcooked. The vegetables and spaetzle that accompanied my combination dinner were tender and very flavorful. The schnitzel was cooked perfectly, the accompanying sauce was really tasty, and the portions were just right. The restaurant has an old-fashioned dining room that suits the cuisine, but the tables are placed a little to close to one-another. We were there on quiet Tuesday night, so it wasn't a problem overhearing the neighbors, but it could be at a busier time. The staff were very welcoming and professional. Check it out if you like German/central European food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great German foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2013This is the last German restaurant in the Vancouver are and lower mainland which is quite sad. All the other great German/Swiss restaurants have closed due to retirement. However, the Elisabeth's Chalet still has the great Schnitzels which is the reason I go there. The staff is still the same, waiter and waitresses which is a good sign. Food is awesome. The only thing was that there was a huge group in the restaurant and even though we had a reservation - we did not get a table at the window but close to the washrooms which is not something I do like. So when you have a reservation made about 2 weeks in advance, they should give you a nice table. Otherwise everything else was great as usual.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2013Enjoyed our experience. . Would definitely keep going. Love this place. Delicious foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elizabeth's Is AwesomeBAKESDined on 6/12/2013We were celebrating my wife's birthday with 11 friends. The staff was very hospitable and our server was very attentive. Everyone went out of their way to make a special occassion very special. The food was outstanding and the ambiance was perfect. We have always celebrated our special occassions at Elizabeth's and have never been disappointed. Needless to say we will continue to do do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebratory DinnerDeenieRDined on 6/9/2013We went to celebrate my son's grad. He really enjoyed the Schnitzel Charlotte, my mother and I both had Prime Rib. It was nice to be offered a 6 oz cut rather than the usual massive cut that's just too big to eat. It was no problem to get spatzel instaed of garlic mashed and everything was really tasty.Special Features:
- Feel welcomedLarrykDined on 5/24/2013Feel of having dinner at a friends house. Warm cozy atmosphere with good food and service. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new ownersOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/22/2013just not the same quality.. no prime rib on the menu...that was one of the best items at the place, took a friend and very disappointed, glad i had a coupon....bartender also needs to know how to make a proper caesar. Schnitzel was tough...goulash soup horrible, waiter took it off the bill..
- Good food - good servicegniesnerDined on 5/17/2013The Steak Josef was terrific! We were referred to you from someone else. We will come again.Special Features:
- Excellent food in large servings!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Excellent food in large servings! Very pleasant serving staff and an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Had a great meal and enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2013Had a great meal and enjoyed ourselves - not noisy.Special Features:
- I was there with a fairlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013I was there with a fairly large group and there was a mix of opinions in regards to the food. The majority of us were quite happy with their meals. My mom really appreciates that some menu items are available in senior's portions. I found that the wait staff had improved since the last few times I've been there.Special Features:
- Schnitzel and goolash wereHeaterDined on 2/25/2013Schnitzel and goolash were great. So was the Germain beer. Service was perfect and food came fast enough from kitchen.Special Features:
- Been several times, menu itemsLarrykDined on 2/18/2013Been several times, menu items extensive, known for their prime rib. RecommendedSpecial Features:
- this is our special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013this is our special occasion gem. we like the food and the service is always excellent./ the prime rib is my favorate.Special Features:
- we love this restaurant theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/10/2013we love this restaurant the food is always good and service is great.Special Features:
- If you enjoy schnitzel thisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013If you enjoy schnitzel this is the place for you. The quality is excellent and the portion size is huge. Of course there are other very good menu items to enjoy so if you like German/Austrian type of food this is the place for you. The atmosphere is warm and cozy and the service is very good too.Special Features:
- We have always enjoyed Elizabeth'sLoveGoodFoodDined on 1/19/2013We have always enjoyed Elizabeth's Chalet. The owners Franz and Elizabeth were gracious hosts and dinner was always superb. Things went radically downhill after the owners retired and we had 2 meals there that were less than great. We had prime rib there and it was cooked to shoe leather. However on this occaision Franz was back and even thought the staff were complaining he was back service was up to its usual superb level and the food was excellent. As long as this level of service and quality of food is maintained I would recommend it as an eating delight.Special Features:
- Consistently one of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/8/2013Consistently one of the best restaurants in the Lower Mainland.Special Features:
- Dinner was awesome, gld toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Dinner was awesome, gld to Joseph back where he should be running the business.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the evening and easyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Enjoyed the evening and easy to make reservation online. Will recommend to friends and family. Was also nice to have delivered flowers to our table upon arrival.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)lovegoodfoodVIPDined on 12/18/2012We have been to Elisabeth's Chalet many times over the years for both lunch and dinner and it remains constant. The food and service is consistently excellent,(their schnitzel is wonderful) the ambience is perfect for a quiet romantic dinner or lunch or dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Still waitingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2012Experience started with them accepting a reservation for a day they were not open, they then called to cancel. Upon arrival not asked if we had a reservation - just seated at closest to the door table. We had checked the lunch menu on line but when we asked the server we were told there was no lunch menu on line. Schnitzel was luke warm and tough and the server brought the wrong salad. The price on the bill did not match the on line menu prices. Upon returning home I checked the online menu and phoned the restaurant about the price discrepancy. I was given an apology for the service and the phone number of the owner - I called and he did return my call and said he would get back to me and make whatever adjustments necessary - still waiting.
- My Mom's schnitzel was soOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/1/2012My Mom's schnitzel was so tough I had to help her cut it. My Dad's vegetables were so cold that the butter he put on them would not melt. He asked the server to bring some hot vegetables and she was more than willing. Too bad about the tough meat. Mom took most of it home but I'm sure she will feed it to the garburator. My husband had the fish combo special and the cod was over cooked. They served it with rice instead of garlic mashed as was described by the server. They brought the proper side when my husband brought it to her attention. All in all, not the best dining out experience.
- We all had a lovely meal andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012We all had a lovely meal and enjoyed the evening. We will certainly come again.Special Features: