8611 3rd Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11209Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://eliarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7187489891
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private events can be held at the restaurant for 30 to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Pete 718-748-9891
A word from Elia Restaurant
Elia opened in 1998 to owners Pete & Christina Lekkas. There goal was to introduce modern Greek cooking to the Bay Ridge, Brooklyn area.They have done so to rave reviews from the local papers as well as zagat reviewersContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Elia Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (12)romantic (8)special occasion (5)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- A WONDERFUL GREEK DINING VENUECANDIDWITDined on 8/14/2014OUR PARTY OF FOUR DINED OUTSIDE IN A GARDEN SETTING ON A BEAUTIFUL EVENING AND DEVOURED SCRUMPTIOUS GREEK DELITES INCLUDING HORYIATIKI SALAD; PIKILLA; SAGANAKI; MOUSAKA MADE UP OF ARTICHOKES, ZUCCHINI, EGGPLANT, POTATOES AND YOGURT BECHAMEL; GRILLED SHRIMP WITH POMEGRANATE COUSCOUS AND AVGOLEMONO SAUCE; GRILLED BABY LAMB CHOPS; AND BRONZINI, FILETED AT OUR REQUEST--NOT ONE BONE INCLUDED. EACH APPETIZER AND ENTREE WAS TASTY AND DELICIOUS. THIS DEFINITELY IS A RESTAURANT WORTHY OF REPEATED VISITS. THE PERSONNEL WERE ACCOMMODATING AND PLEASANT. VALET PARKING AVAILABLE.Special Features:
- Manhattan quality in Bay RidgeNYCRestaurateurDined on 8/1/2014We love Elia - it never disappoints! The food is fresh, delicious, and reasonably priced. Sometimes you just want to go to a great local establishment, and this place definitely tops the list for quality/variety/overall value. We went out with another couple on Friday night and by the time we were leaving just after 8pm, the restaurant was packed. They even have an outdoor patio in the back for al fresco dining. HIGHLY recommend Elia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent OverallGregvsDined on 6/28/2014The food was great. The service was great. I really enjoyed myself.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceJack8901Dined on 6/26/2014I expected great things based upon others' experiences, but found my own and that of my guests to far exceed this expectation. The service was great. The food was first class. I shall return.Special Features:
- 2nd Time's the CharmtheplatoguyVIPDined on 6/12/2014We dined here about 6 months ago - on a week-end in the holiday season - and found the food unspectacular. We came again - on a Thursday in June - and had a terrific dinner. Excellent grilled sea bass and excellent grilled branzino, preceded by a terrific grilled octopus salad.Special Features:
- Nice Greek PlaceDoc255VIPDined on 5/13/2014Good neighborhood greek dining with owner that is very hands on.Special Features:
- Revia Elia RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Family oriented. Foof and Service excellent. A little pricey for what you get but since we don't eat here often still worth it because the food is so good.Special Features:
- The following 158 reviews are from the Elia Restaurant reviews archive.
- Greek specialty -best fish in BklynBKfoodnwineDined on 4/16/2014If you want a great meal, and especially a great fish meal, Elia can't be beat IMO. The service is excellent. The apps are terrific beginning with their grilled octopus down the list to the 'spanikopita'. Always wait to hear about the fresh fish of the day. Whatever it is they can grill it to perfection and serve it whole or boned. In addition to the fish I have had the veal chop and lamb and all are good. The wine list features Greek wines and a few others, with very reasonable prices. Your server will help with a selection but I suggest trying one of the Greek whites if you are eating fish. At any rate, I will guarantee that you will enjoy a great meal at Elia - and make sure you use Open Table to book ahead!Special Features:
- This place was just lovely.AnderahliDined on 4/5/2014This place was just lovely. We were treated like old friends. The bartender and all of the staff were professional, yet welcoming. The food was very tasty and filling. Get the Saganaki...amazing! My sister who hardly ever likes anything loved the chicken dish. It was an overall wonderful evening. It would be great if they added a few more vegetarian entree options, but the Moussaka was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in Bay RidgeAndioDined on 2/28/2014I dined here recently with some old HS friends. The room is lovely and the food is truly fantastic. Who ever is in that kitchen know quality and balance. The only glitch was the reservation. I made it on Open Table and the night of the reservation I was running late. I called the restaurant and first they didin't have the reservation, then they gave away our reservation! Needless to say, I was a bit miffed at this point but, the very lovely woman I was speaking with immediately said, "of course we'll have a table for your party." It all worked out quite well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bay Ridge at it's best!MikeWDined on 2/27/2014If you are looking for an excellent night out and a terrific dinner, go to Elia. The food is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were bothNJOYDined on 2/14/2014Food and service were both excellent...... Recommended highly..........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely timeStevepoptonesDined on 2/8/2014Just got home from eating at Elia. Had a lovely time and meal. Wait staff were nice, food delish. Will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place. Always getOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Love this place. Always get the special fish of the day. Have never been disappointed..the owner and his staff are very welcoming..always a great food experience.Special Features:
- Food was good but management rudeJessNYCVIPDined on 2/4/2014This was my first dining experience at Elia and I will not be returning. The owner was loudly speaking to a group of his friends who were sitting in the back. He was using profanity and standing directly behind my chair speaking in an outdoor voice to his buddy. I was unable to focus on my meal or conversation and since the restaurant was empty, it was impossible not to hear the entire conversation. We tried to get his attention but he was so engrossed in his conversation nothing could interrupt. I'd never return after that experience.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesSuzieqDined on 1/31/2014Elia is one of our favortite restaurants in Bay Ridge. It is family owned and you always feel like you are eating at a good friend's home. The food is a cut above your typical Greek fare. Their pikilia or Greek spreads is wonderful as is the tomato salad for appetizers. Any of their grilled fish entrees are delicious. Definitely make a reservation because it is small and can really fill up, especially on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently excellent, thecurtmanDined on 1/11/2014consistently excellent, the fish dishes are outstanding as well as your standard greek specialties, no need to drive into manhattan for excellent greek cuisineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualSteveDined on 12/31/2013Food very good. Arni Youvestsi (braised lamb shank) was exceellent. Avgolemono soup was also a big hit. We were a party of five and everyone enjoyed their meal with no complaints. We had the Veal, lamb, chicken, steak and seafood. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely gem in Bay RidgecoloratoDined on 12/19/2013We took our cousin to Elia for her birthday. It was the perfect place. The food was excellent, and our server couldn't have been sweeter. We'll be coming back many times. We have to try all the entrees!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best GreekBlooming2VIPDined on 12/18/2013Elia’s is always splendid. The food never disappoints, it is consistently delicious. The bread and olive oil are wonderful. We have tried the lamb, beef, chicken, fish and shrimp dishes and all have been very tasty and enjoyable. The Horyiatiki salad is best salad we have ever had.The service is superb, very professional, helpful and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant space, disappointing foodtheplatoguyVIPDined on 12/7/2013The menu is limited and many traditional Greek dishes are not on it. Much of it involves fish and shellfish, which is fine. But the limited selection of mezedes was very disappointing. The grilled octopus was excellent and the roasted beets very good. But special entree of braised rabbit was good and quite expensive. It would be a fine place the dine if you lived nearby, but is not worth the major trip from Manhattan I made to try it.
- ConsistencyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/3/2013It amazes me how this place is always on the mark. Just great food all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as alwaysMollygirlDined on 11/30/2013My choice for the best restaurant in Bay Ridge. Visited again with friends to celebrate a birthday. We had cod, salmon, shrimp and lamb shank at our table and all were superb. Appetizers and desert were fab as well. Do not pass this one up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREECE IN BAY RIDGETheRavenDined on 11/19/2013You can not tell from the outside, but this hidden gem in Brooklyn is a wonderful dining expierence. With Zorba playing in the background, you are treated to excellent service and very good food. The lamb shank was plentiful and one of the best that I have had. The traditional Greek food was ordered by others with nothing but raves. Give this restaurant a try if you are from Brooklyn, or if you need to travel, you will find out it was worth coming to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2013The food was delicious and the service was congenial and professional. The ONLY complaint is that we were seated near a wall and there must have been a pipe there. It was REALLY hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy Greek foodeveaftVIPDined on 11/9/2013We had a delicious time! All our food was well prepared. The specials were interesting and very well presented. We really enjoyed the flavor combinations.Special Features:
- One of NYC's better Greek placesNYCGourmandVIPDined on 11/2/2013Elia's kitchen isn't much to look at as you pass by to enter it's back garden patio. But wait until you eat what comes out of it. Everything from fresh salads and tasty appetizers to their grilled items that include chicken, shrimp (a bit overcooked, however) and succulent lamb chops. Drinks are needlessly pricey but I guess they need the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Nice OccassionDanelleDined on 10/26/2013Food and Service were great- ambiance also very nice. It was a bit pricier than expected so I'd say its a really great choice for a special nicer occassionSpecial Features:
- the food is consistently excellent.curtmanDined on 10/26/2013the food is consistently excellent. the grilled fish and all the greek specialities are well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- City Service in Bay Ridge BrooklynQuickbanterDined on 10/25/2013Took a friend out for a birthday , I have been eaten here before and every time it's amazing. But what I like the most it's the service the staff is amazing and helpful.They helped in making this night one if the best nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedRemsenburgVIPDined on 10/16/2013Elia is one of our favorite restaurants in the area. We meet friends here and always enjoy the meals. Fresh ingredients, beautiful presentation and delicious .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in Bay RidgeBrooklynFoodieDined on 9/29/2013Superb food at this neighbourhood gem. My favourite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFrankVIPDined on 9/28/2013I've been to this restaurant many times for dinner and it has been wonderful. The last two visits have been very disappointing. They seem to be having problems in the kitchen and the food has not been up the their usual standards. I had the Pan Fried Cod and it was not good at all. I hope they can get back on track but I don't plan to go back anytime soon.
- A very nice place but be carefulNYCGourmandVIPDined on 9/21/2013Elia does what it does very well: Greek food expertly and attractively prepared. Spiced well, wonderful food comes out of the kitchen promptly even on busy nights. Appetizers were succulent from the octopus to the various Greek spreads on pita. Salads were vey flavorful. Portions were ample. Our only complaint was that two rounds of drinks came to.....drumroll....$70....(yes, we're including tax and a 15% tip even though we probably left 18%-20% on the entire bill). We're not talking about a bottle of wine, just two plum vodka cocktails apiece. Now, that's just unneighborly and ridiculous to charge Madison Avenue or Park Avenue prices for cocktails in Bay Ridge. $70? So enjoy the food and watch your bill. It all adds up quickly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice reastaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/11/2013My friends and I all like the food. It's a really good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Dinner2eatoutDined on 9/8/2013This is my second time at Elia. The first time was an afternoon baby shower and it was such an intimate and family like experience that we decided to return for a small family gathering. They do not rush you,and the waiters are not on top of you, but they seem to be there when you need something. Great balance! Food was good, they do change they way they prepare their dishes a bit, so you may not get the same exact thing if you return, so always ask. Love the spanakopita!! The fried calamari, good!. I had the chicken dish and it was very good too. Overall, we did enjoy our experience and I will return for dinner again. Parking is a bit hard , but I do believe they have valet : ) We were lucky to find parking right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like being in Greece...AndiamoDined on 8/29/2013It's a little touch of Greece in Bay Ridge....Food is outstanding....My favorite is Thalasino Yuvetsi which is similar to a seafood stew, full of clams, mussels,shrimp,and huge scallops with saffron....Simply out of this world...The service is impeccable...The ambiance is very warm and cozy...Special Features:
- Food was amazing. Will definitelyluvfoodDined on 8/27/2013Food was amazing. Will definitely go back and recommend this restaurant to all. Service was great. My favorites are the Mussels, Tomato Salad and Lamb Chops.Special Features:
- Elia's - gets our Do-Over ratingYeatsSisVIPDined on 8/20/2013Elia's is a very good Greek restaurant in Bay Ridge that we would return to and recommend to our friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Greek food I have everOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/17/2013Best Greek food I have ever had. Been here several times and each time better then the previous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.