Eleven:Eleven Restaurant and Bar
607 West Gray Street
Houston, TX 77019Neighborhood:
Midtown / Montrose
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Eleven:Eleven Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elevenxihouston.com/
- Phone: 7135295881x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Closed (will open for special events)
Tuesday - Saturday - 4pm- close
Kitchen closes daily at 10pm!
Happy Hour Daily- 4pm-7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Kevin Bryant
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Whether you are planning an office-staff brunch, business lunch meeting, or
private formal dinner, Eleven XI's banquet and hospitality team will assist you in customizing your memorable event.
To inquire about having your next private event at ElevenXI, please contact Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.elevenxihouston.com/events
- Entertainment: House music daily
3 TV's in the bar area
Live Music during brunch
- Special Events: To inquire about having your next private event at ElevenXI, please contact Lauren at email@example.com or www.elevenxihouston.com/events or 713-529-5881
A word from Eleven:Eleven Restaurant and Bar
Eleven:Eleven brings sophisticated Southern Coastal fare and creative cocktails to a renovated 1940s-era house on a tree-lined Montrose block at the gateway to Midtown. An expansive patio overlooking West Gray sets the casually cool tone for the neighborhood-centric gathering place, offering continuous service from lunch through dinner, late night bites, a multitude of wines by-the-glass, as well as complimentary wi-fi. A thoughtful blend of classic and contemporary design elements. The venue features an expansive patio, main dining room and bar on the main level and a dedicated, second floor private dining room with a built-in bar, separate bathrooms and climate-controlled wine cellar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Eleven:Eleven Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (66)neighborhood gem (58)great for outdoor dining (45)notable wine list (40)special occasion (40)hot spot (37)good for groups (33)great for brunch (24)romantic (23)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (13)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Off night.TastinggiantVIPDined on 10/25/2014I had been before an thought it was a place worth trying again. Everything was off on this visit. The service was horribly slow and many item were overlooked.
- Fan foreverBusinessTravelerDined on 10/22/2014Love this restaurant! Truly fantastic cuisine with an eclectic atmosphere and knowledgeable staff offering top notch service. I will be back again and again.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food & ServiceStaceyMDined on 10/22/2014We came here for a group (6) birthday dinner as all of us have Fall birthdays. We had such a great time, wonderful service, awesome food. Just a great time had by all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Great meal and great service! We will be back in the future.Special Features:
- Good Food - Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014Come for the food and not the service. I would consider this to be a higher end restaurant because of the prices. I will pay for good food and their food is good that's why I keep coming back. But on this occasion the service was horrible. It was almost non existent. Party of 4 had reservations for 8:15 pm. We arrived and was told our table would be ready in about 15 minutes. They said we could wait outside or hang out at the bar. So we hung out at the bar and after about 30 mins no one came to get us and we notice there was an empty table at the bar area so we sat ourselves there. 30 mins for drinks? and they came out wrong. solution, we got them ourselves since we were next to the bar. Food was good!Special Features:
- Top 10 ListWineDine69VIPDined on 9/26/2014Fantastic in every way - service - food - ambiance - such a great place we will return again & again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenuAlexDined on 9/20/2014If you like Southern cooking you will love this restaurant and if you like Scotch they have some wonderful single maltsSpecial Features:
- First time visitChuckDined on 9/12/2014The service was super friendly and professional. Lots of smiles and details about the menu; both for the food and drinks. The oysters were fabulous. We had just had a dozen great oysters at Julep (also great!) and got another dozen of mixed oysters here. The waiter did a great job of explaining the differences in the 10 or so types on offer. The draft beer selection was very good with local craft beers to choose from. The turducken was amazing for the main meal. The ahi tuna was very good but I liked the turducken better. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicePearlandAggieDined on 9/9/2014My spouse and I had dinner here a couple of days ago and the service was great. Our waiter was very attentive and answered all of our questions. We also enjoyed the ambiance. The drop ceiling really helped to give a more intimate feel to the room. Our food was quite good, too. We thought maybe the risotto was a bit overdone, but the flavor was great.Special Features:
- Overall very goodMBODDined on 8/31/2014Brunch was solid at Eleven:Eleven, a very expansive seafood menu with oysters and all. Good drinks, you can load up the bloody mary's with fixins, etc. Reasonably priced and good service. Smaller space so it can be intimate which is nice as well!Special Features:
- HappyfoodieDined on 8/31/2014I've been to eleven XI twice now. Once for dinner and once for brunch. The service was great on both occasions. Dinner was wonderful, the food was flavorful and beautifully presented. I was not a fan of brunch, the food was heavy and every dish was covered with a think cream sauce. The brunh drinks were fantastic and saved the meal. I will definitely be back but, not for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent experience!TCA5VIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was delicious, creative, nicely prepared, and beautifully presented. Our server was uncommonly welcoming, energetic, knowledgeable, and helpful. His suggestions caused us to order things at the edge of our comfort zone, but we were glad we did. The whole fish was impressively presented and cleverly designed to be easy to eat, a special mushroom "twinkie" side dish was creative and tasty, the curry coleslaw had a nice edge to it without being hot. We arrived shortly before scheduled closing, which can be an awkward time, yet were treated extremely well, with perhaps the most pleasant, helpful, personalized service we've experienced at any restaurant. We look forward to going back to Eleven:Eleven and are happy to recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisydinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent, but the noise was unbearable. We moved out of the dining area to the bar because of a large table of screaming women. In the bar we had to compete with the televisions and a yelling bartender in order to have a conversation. The experience was not enjoyable. We won't return.
- ExcellentRhonda123Dined on 8/29/2014First visit and will definitely return. Had the fried octopus appetizer, whole fish entree and white chocolate macadamia bread pudding. All scrumptious. Great service. Full bar with good selection of beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time - Good ImpressionJerryEDined on 8/29/2014We tried the Houston Restaurant Weeks menu. Excellent food. Well prepared. Served in a timely fashion. Will definitely go back for a second time. Wine pairings were a little disappointing.Special Features:
- Business Dinner treatBusinessTravelerDined on 8/28/2014Our guests from CA, GA, and NJ, were wowed by the fantastic food and the service was top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perhaps it was a bad nightMadisonDined on 8/23/2014A very foul smell @ valet so not a good start for dining experience There 15 minutes early 4 our reservations but not seated until 45 minutes after our reservation They touted the pork chops as 1 of their specialties but it was obviously boiled 4 speed then not seared/grilled enough to cover the boiling taste plus so bland...just awful. the waiter brought a glass of chardonnay after ordering a beer, the oysters had too much grit in them, not rinsed well enough The scallops were "ok" nothing special but not too bad Coffee was old/burnt-had to ask for fresh Liked the 11:11 salad The prices are much too high for things like this Just not a very good experience but others have raved about it so maybe it was just an off Sat night for themSpecial Features:
- Good timeHardyLeeDined on 8/23/2014Pork chop was great. Next time I want to try some fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Curiousity Brought Us HerejimminycricketDined on 8/19/2014Visited during HRW. We found that the HRW menu actually upcharges on some of the same items found on the regular menu. So one of us ordered off the HRW menu and the other ordered off the regular menu. Overall, the food was ok, not transcendent. The wait staff was excellent. Expect to pay $4 to have the valet park your car.Special Features:
- Frequent visitorPamelaVIPDined on 8/17/2014As a frequent visitor, I know just how great the food is. For that reason, I will be back. This visit was for Sunday Brunch. What spoiled the meal was the extremely loud noise level. There were a couple loud parties who seemed to want to shout to each other at the other end of a very long table. When we first arrived, it was perfectly fine. As soon as the larger groups were seated, the noise level went from 0 to 100 in no time. Once that is established, there is no going back. I left with such a headache. It is too bad because the food is great. I will be back, but not for Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-not so great serviceJeffVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was fantastic. The service not so good. We waited 20 minutes after getting seated before we got our first drink. The food made up for it so I will try it again.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Josh was outstanding service and vibe made this my new favorite place in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't hear myself think...FoodLoverVIPDined on 8/14/2014I will start by saying I will return and give this place another chance, BUT I will go back post Restaurant Week. It was stupid loud inside the restaurant and our party of 6 had to be just as loud and yell to hear each other. Therefore we asked to move outside, in Houston, in August. That's how bad the noise level was. Fortunately it was bearable outside, few bug bites, but we could hear each other. Any way the food was ok. It took way too long between courses to get our food and when I got my main course, the shrimp and risotto, it was barely warm. I ate it anyway knowing it would take forever to get another. Flavors of all the food was good and our whole party enjoyed their dishes but as I said before, I will go back, post RWeek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeLovenewfindsDined on 8/14/2014We have been twice and the food and service is consistently fantastic. Great Happy Hour items and dinner menu awesome. Definitely a repeat place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local CharmHungry4HistoryDined on 8/9/2014Uber-hip, w/requisite exposed brick walls, polished cement floors and chandeliers made of giant wine jugs, it was the gourmet Southern food that won us over. Grilled oysters, 6 on the half shell w/a delectable sauce, was a plentiful starter for two. Seared scallops were sheer perfection resting on creamy mascarpone risotto, but a well-seasoned grilled pork chop w/candied pineapple was atop gouda-infused blue grits that were a little gluey. A side of grilled asparagus came from an array of Southern sides we're eager to try another time. Desserts heavy on fruity pie/cobbler types, light on chocolate, but we enjoyed a flan-like bread pudding. The next morning we were still enamored with the place, checking the online menu for future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time - all excellent.VoraciousDined on 8/9/2014Have taken three different friends. For each, it was their first time. They raved. The cream corn? To die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedCjandcjVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was our first time here. We're trying new restaurants because of HRW. I ordered HRW menu while my husband ordered off the menu. Everything was delicious. For HRW menu, I got fried oysters, salad, shrimp risotto. I usually don't end up ordering HRW menu, bc options aren't usually what I want. But these dishes were really good. My husband's ribs were delicious as well. Very nice relaxing atmosphere. Would definitely come back and try other dishes. Our waitress was always smiling and perky. Service was commendable; even the water girl was smiling:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great EveningmikeDined on 8/9/2014This was our fourth time to enjoy an evening out and dine at Eleven XI. We were seated at our favorite table, the service was great and there were some adventuresome offerings on the menu. We look forward to coming back soon.Special Features:
- HmmmmmMontroseFoodieVIPDined on 8/5/2014If you are hankering for some meat and the comfort food sides to go along with it . . . you've come to the right please. I think this is a good place if you have a craving for something hearty, but my guess is that the lack of lighter options will deter a lot of potential repeats. I had heard amazing things, so I was excited to finally try the place. My filet was well cooked, but not particularly flavorful. Cream corn was the highlight with all the cream and bacon flavor you could ask for. And the mushroom salad was just okay. Glad to have another option in the neighborhood, but I think I'll save this one for the next cold, rainy day this winter.Special Features:
- One of my FavesEpicuriousDined on 8/3/2014Eleven XI is always a great meal and dining experience. The mussels are the best in town, and we get them every time we go, whether as a main course or an appetizer. Great wine list, great martinis, great service, amazing food. Usually crowded, so reservations should be considered on peak nights. Valet parking is a must if you drive...or just try Uber and let someone else drive. Favorite dishes include the Apricot Glaze Flounder and the Fried Cornish Hen. On the expensive side for a full course meal, but very reasonable for a glass of wine and the mussels. Atmosphere buoyant if not noisy. A happening place!Special Features:
- we love this placeKeroniVIPDined on 7/31/2014You really want to try something new when you eat here but there's that one dish that you just love that you just have to order....decisions, decisions. Guess we'll just have to come back more often. and you have to have at least 1 jalapeno ricki every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good with some reservations...kittyproVIPDined on 7/25/2014Granted, we went on a Friday night, but we still had to wait an additional 20 minutes for a table to open up, even with a reservation. And then, the table we were offered was the one right next to a VERY busy kitchen door. I refused this one and told the hostess I'd rather wait at the bar for a different table. After another 15 minutes, we were given a second table - this one next to the path to the restrooms on one side and the waiters' station on the other. Not the best but better than next to the kitchen. Aside from that, the meal was good. Nice, rather standard offerings of meats and seafood. The oysters from the raw menu were really good, though pretty pricey. Expensive wine list. We may go back sometime.Special Features:
- Love this place!!ElyseVIPDined on 7/25/2014We have eaten here several times and love the food however, the last time we were there we had gotten the feeling we were being herded in like cattle. We had order cocktails and shortly after that our dinner order was placed. Which to me is great service except after 2 sips of my cocktail dinner had arrived and shortly after that we were presented with the dessert option while still eating dinner. So, no joke we had arrived and eaten and they were ready for us to depart. The total time span was 25 minutes. I am sure there are people that are in that big of a hurry but for us we felt WAT TO RUSHED!!!! After all it was a Friday night and time to chill.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Jeff was a great waiter and the specials were awesomeI would recommend this to a friend.
- First time VisitTCBartonVIPDined on 7/18/2014Absolutely will return. Our waitress, Leah was great! The filet was incredible, my husband's tuna was good but the portion was a little small. The truffle fries were so tasty as was the peanut butter tower for dessert. A great place to sit outside once the weather gets a little cooler. The decor is very pretty with works of art for sale on the walls. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- OldtimerOldtimerDined on 7/16/2014Repeat visit to Eleven:Eleven was a most delightful experience. It was not as busy on a Wednesday nite as usual, and noise level was lower than previous weekend visit. Great menu, oyster selection is wonderful...wine list a bit scanty in the non-chardonnay whites. Server was an absolute hoot! Good but not pushy service, over all a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place, good foodAlbertDined on 7/12/2014First time here, a little small, but very accommodating, food was very good, peanut butter tower was great as others have saidSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/11/2014What a delectable restaurant. Steak Salad was so delicious and my boyfriends rack of ribs was to die for!!! Highly recommend. Wow!!!Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceGogirlhou18VIPDined on 7/10/2014One of those great finds! Everything was so good and service was exceptional and look forward to the next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!PrincessFlowerDined on 7/5/2014This is by far one of the best places to wine and dine. We have enjoyed every dish we have tried, never the same thing twice. Chef Kevin is superb! It's nice to sit in the dining room and see all the activity in the kitchen. But we especially love the bar with our server Anastasia, she is entertaining and makes great suggestions. She might not look like she eats but from what Chef Kevin says he has to tell her "enough already get out of the kitchen". Haven't sat on the patio yet - too hot but you can bring your dogs, so we might have to try this in the fall. We will continue to come back and recommend Eleven IV to all our friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.