1150 Smallman Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bigburrito.com/
- Phone: 4122015656
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 2:00pm Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Derek Stevens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available through "Big Catering", part of the big Burrito Restaurant Group. For information please call (412) 361-3272 ex 210.
- Private Party Facilities: ELEVEN can accommodate private parties of up to 36 guests (options available for larger groups.) Additional amenities for private parties include: TV/DVD, conference phone, wireless access, and laptop/projector hook ups. Food and beverage minimums apply; deposit required.
- Private Party Contact: Ron Ausnehmer 4122015656
- Special Events: Join us for Sunday Brunch! Visit www.bigburrito.com/eleven for more information.
A word from ELEVEN
ELEVEN, where Downtown meets the Strip, is the eleventh & most innovative restaurant from the big Burrito Restaurant Group. CONTEMPORARY American flavors are combined with invention to create a fresh & truly original menu. The KITCHEN, the center of Eleven’s high-energy urban atmosphere, is where indigenous & seasonal ingredients provide inspiration for Chef Derek Stevens & his team. ELEVEN CONTEMPORARY KITCHEN - Complex flavors, simply prepared. Price: Lunch $10-25; Dinner $30-50Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
ELEVEN - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
ELEVEN reviews from OpenTable diners
268 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (182)fit for foodies (171)romantic (131)notable wine list (102)good for groups (71)vibrant bar scene (52)neighborhood gem (51)hot spot (48)great for brunch (39)great for outdoor dining (25)great for lunch (23)late-night find (16)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- susieqDined on 10/20/2014Once again an exceptional dining experience . Wish they would update the dessert menu and bring back the Meyer lemon pudding cake - one of the best things I have ever eaten. Tried the steak tartar this visit - I could eat a whole bowl, it was so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Our server Kris was top rate. The food, cocktail and wine was second to none. We had a great time and will be back in the near future.Special Features:
- 30th Wedding AnniversaryMikeDined on 10/19/2014This is my wifes favorite restaurant --I wanted to make her happy for our 30th Wedding Anniversary. The service was great. The food was outstanding. I think they do a great job all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014A perfect place for Sunday brunch. Delicious pastries, great setting, presentation of food was beautiful and food was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Taste buds were in overdrive!Javo73Dined on 10/18/2014My Taste buds were in overdrive! This is a great restaurant, the place is nice and the service very good. But the food is amazing, it was a long time that I had a plate with so many flavors that could create a unified theme, but also stand on their own. You could taste every ingredient and yet the dish overall had a special signature of the chef. The food is fresh and the entrees abundant. The wine list is a little bit overpriced, as in most restaurants, and has a good variety; you will find something to pair perfectly with your food. Or if you prefer they have a taste menu for which they will pair the wine for each plate. Great restaurant for food lovers!Special Features:
- Incredible.Nalak2Dined on 10/17/2014Service was top notch and food was delicious. We were a group of four and we all enjoyed our food and time. For appetizers, Id highly recommend the crab cakes and the steak tartar. For the entree, both the ribeye steak and the braised short ribs are fantastic choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Night!RussDined on 10/17/2014I took my girlfriend to Eleven to propose to her. I said that in the notes when I made the reservation. Eleven gave us a special, secluded table with a balcony and a privacy drape, gave us our own personal waiter and the food was perfect! Everyone from the hostess to the manager went out their way to make our night perfect! Ads in the great atmosphere and ambiance of Eleven and we couldn't have asked for more. And yes, and said yes!Special Features:
- it was just ok this time..ucredDined on 10/17/2014We go there every 6 months or so as it is always a great dining experience. However, this time, the food was just mediocre. It is very expensive so mediocre does just not cut it! Definitely disappointed this time around. Server was nice but was so over expressive that it came off as annoying. Unfortunately it was just ok this time. I will try it again and I usually recommend it to others so I'm hoping next time will be better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but deliciousbourbondrinkerDined on 10/17/2014We can't go to Eleven regularly, but it is quite delicious and great for a special occasion. Their salmon was excellent. I was in the mood for it, but a little concerned it might be boring, but it was anything but. My partner loved his meal as well. I wish that one could enjoy the happy hour prices in the dining area.Special Features:
- SuccessmitziDined on 10/16/2014Thursday's dinner to honor a friend's birthday was a total success. Only the noise level interferred...and when I asked for the (inapporpriate) music to be turned down, it was. I had been to Eleven a few weeks before and had a mediocre experience with ambiance and food. Do not know why the difference.Special Features:
- Great eveningColbyDined on 10/11/2014Great cocktails, great service and delicious food. Our friend is a foody and very particular about where she dines. She had never been to Eleven and I was nervous to suggest it. She loved the restaurant and enjoyed the Vegetarian tasting menu to the max. We were 2 couples and we all enjoyed the food, from salads through desserts, immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Someone took us thereNewlywedDined on 10/9/2014We went to Eleven the night before our wedding; my brother took us. The food was great and ambiance lovely and quiet. Great wine. Our server, Brian, was terrific. It was a lovely calm place to go before the craziness of our wedding day. We couldn't afford to go to a place like this regularly--the bill was more than our monthly mortgage--but as a special treat, it was wonderful.Special Features:
- A culinary gemTripleLDined on 10/9/2014Eleven is my special place to celebrate my birthday every year. The menu is artistic, the wait staff solicitous, the atmosphere relaxing and understated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected perfectiongoguins66VIPDined on 10/6/2014though u had high hopes for dinner at Eleven, I did not expect to be completely blown away by every aspect of the evening. The space is misleading, as it is quite large but designed to feel intimate. The decor is understated elegance and boast extremely comfortable seating. The service was spot on and everything from drinks to dessert was a perfect accompaniment to the main act...dinner. The food was outstanding, creative and delicious. Every bite was a treat.Special Features:
- Some gems, but ultimately a letdownHungrYYDined on 10/6/2014The Chef's Tasting Menu & Wine Pairing, while delicious in theory and in description, did not exhibit much innovation or character. We enjoyed our courses, but none of them stood out to us as being particularly memorable. My dining companion was so unimpressed by the steak from the third course that he did not finish it, but we added an admittedly far superior yellowtail sashimi without sending it back. In fact, we both commented that dessert (brown butter ice cream sandwiches & flourless chocolate cake with the tasting menu, creme fraiche brûlée by our own addition) was by far the highlight. Maybe we came on an off-night, or perhaps we are just spoiled by LA dining, but I would not make Eleven a priority on future trips to Pittsburgh.Special Features:
- Great 1st timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/5/2014Delicious brunch. Wonderful menu choices. Rachel was very friendly and attentive, but not hanging over us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent overall experiencemrtesorDined on 10/4/2014We are at Eleven for our first marriage anniversary, and it was the perfect choice. The food was delicious, the menu was exciting (seasonal and changes daily), and the amviance was perfect. We were able to dress up for our date night and not feel out of place. The service was excellent and our waiter provided great wine pairing suggestions for our meals. Highly recommend for a nice evening for two to twenty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FitzDined on 10/2/2014Everything was first class from the host/hostess to the service and food. My husband and I enjoyed our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodRCARLDined on 10/1/2014The food offerings here are thoughtfully conceived, well prepared and properly presented. The waitstaff is polite, well trained and not noisy. For many years this has been one of the most consistent dining venues around. Love their devotion to local sourcing.Special Features:
- Good food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/29/2014I enjoyed the food and the atmosphere of the restaurant. It took a very long time to get our food and drink order in. Once that happened, the food did come out in a timely manner.Special Features:
- Best wine pairing in PittsburghOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Excellent service. Excellent food as always!! We had the wine pairing dinner and every morsel was amazing! Thanks!Special Features:
- So-soOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/26/2014We arrived to big expectations. We were greeted right away by the valets and seated at a big booth even though there was only two of us. Then served water right away and then.....the server came. She was tight lipped and all business. She didn't crack a smile throughout our meal. When I asked what her favorites were on the menu, she actually said that everything on the menu is good (she said good, not excellent) and if it wasn't good, then the chef takes it off. Didn't answer my question. And I didn't care to ask again after that answer. The meal that followed was indeed about....good, not any better and I will not be back again.
- great place!diane1999Dined on 9/25/2014Really enjoyed our dinner. Not too happy with the seating though. The small tables next to strangers that are too close really aren't my preference. Especially with a reservation made somewhat early on, I guess you have to request a booth then. Food was excellent. Crab cakes were delicious, but they could have used a little sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJTucDined on 9/23/2014I highly recommend the pork chop. Dinner was delicious, and the atmosphere was romantic. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonnieVIPDined on 9/22/2014Eleven is a major hot spot that is great for a special occasion like a birthday or any time. We started with drinks in the sleek bar before heading in for dinner. Since i was not wild about the two salads offered or the soup (gazpacho), i went with a crab cake appetizer that was wonderful. I wound up duplicating that somewhat in my entree but who is complaining? I had the seafood combo trio, with crab cake, salmon and huge scallop. My companion had a salad and the wonderful locally sourced lamb. For dessert, I enjoyed creme brulee with a raspberry macaron and he had a candy bar chocolate concoction. And have i mentioned their wonderful house-baked breads?Special Features:
- Good experience.EATNPGHDined on 9/21/2014Great food and service. We will go back again. I look forward to trying other items on the menu. A good list of wines to choose from as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/21/2014experience. Food was great. Service was wonderful. Would go back again in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- First time there for brunchsusieqDined on 9/21/2014We have been to Eleven many times for dinner and lunch - this was our first time for brunch, and they did not disappoint. Impeccable service, delicious food and great presentation. It only reinforced our opinion that Eleven is the best restaurant in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014It was fantastic. The food was outstanding and the waiter very knowledgeable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT A FABULOUS PLACE!!OOPSDined on 9/20/2014We had a truly marvelous time at Eleven!! The ambiance was LOVELY, the service was FRIENDLY, SPOT ON IMPECCABLE, and, the food was FANTASTIC! Each course of the meal was a joy and done to perfection. WE COULDN'T HAVE HAD A MORE WONDERFUL EVENING OF CELEBRATION!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner with colleaguesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Eleven does not disappoint! A great spot to take the boss when she's in town. Excellent cocktailss and menu selections. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingChurchDined on 9/14/2014Overall, great food, fast service, and a fantastic atmosphere. Definitely need to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Everything was amazing from the walk-in to the exit. Service was extremely professional and our waiter Mike was very helpful, friendly, and overall excellent. A+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place, lackluster serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014I had high hopes for ELEVEN, but the service was lackluster at best. The table was not ready when we arrived (on time), a huge pet peeve of mine. So we waited, for some time, in front of a sign that said "Coat Room", but no one offered to take my date's coat. Our food was delivered to the table next to us, which sat there a few before being relocated immediately to our table, which was weird. Food was okay but severely overpriced; $40 for a seafood platter, you expect some panache. I got a sliver of salmon, a lonely crab cake, and a few small scallops unceremoniously plated. Finally, they brought the wrong bill,which I paid. One foot out the door, they grabbed me to pay the other.If you screw up a bill like that you should honor the price.Special Features:
- Good Food. Subpar Service.MegFDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary. I requested a quiet/private table when I made the reservation. We were seated just outside of the kitchen...not the most quiet part of the restaurant. We politely asked our server if another table was avail in a quieter part of the restaurant. She confirmed w/the hostess, no other 2 tops were avail and they were booked for the night. We didnt make a big deal about it and said thank you for checking. I think from the moment we "complained" about our table, the server wasn't the most pleasant, or thats just her personality. Either way,she was helpful w/our questions, but could have at least smiled once and had a better attitude and we felt rushed. Food was great! I would def recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was awesome. Dessert was fantastic!! We sat above the bar so it was a bit loud but we still enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- not what it use to bebarbDined on 9/12/2014the server was so uninterested in our table that it was odd. I had to ask him for any any specials and request to start ordering. We were done with our entrees and again had to ask the person in charge of the bread to get my server to order the main dish. It used to be that the cook would send some small samplers between dishes as an attention. That didn't happen either.Special Features:
- Great meal; wonderful servicePDEatsDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I chose Eleven for our 28th anniversary dinner. I loved my meal from wine to dessert. The presentation was wonderful and everything was done to perfection. Kudos to the chef. David, our server, was a delight.Special Features:
- Fortieth Birthday CelebrationHusbandDined on 9/6/2014We had a wonderful time. The service was very excellent! I would label my entree (Seafood Tasting) as very good! My wife would order the Prime Strip gave her entree an even higher review. The Tomato Salad and desert (Candy Bar) were also delicious. It was a beautiful night of dinning. Thank you, Eleven!Special Features:
- WonderfulJinxxycatDined on 9/6/2014Worth the ride down to the Strip District. Valet parking at curb, lovely atmosphere, requests made for reservation were honored. Great seasonal menu. Would definitely recommend.Special Features: