1150 Smallman Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bigburrito.com/
- Phone: (412) 201-5656
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 2:00pm Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Derek Stevens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available through "Big Catering", part of the big Burrito Restaurant Group. For information please call (412) 361-3272 ex 210.
- Private Party Facilities: ELEVEN can accommodate private parties of up to 36 guests (options available for larger groups.) Additional amenities for private parties include: TV/DVD, conference phone, wireless access, and laptop/projector hook ups. Food and beverage minimums apply; deposit required.
- Private Party Contact: Ron Ausnehmer 4122015656
- Special Events: Join us for Sunday Brunch! Visit www.bigburrito.com/eleven for more information.
A word from ELEVEN
ELEVEN, where Downtown meets the Strip, is the eleventh & most innovative restaurant from the big Burrito Restaurant Group. CONTEMPORARY American flavors are combined with invention to create a fresh & truly original menu. The KITCHEN, the center of Eleven’s high-energy urban atmosphere, is where indigenous & seasonal ingredients provide inspiration for Chef Derek Stevens & his team. ELEVEN CONTEMPORARY KITCHEN - Complex flavors, simply prepared. Price: Lunch $10-25; Dinner $30-50Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
ELEVEN - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
ELEVEN reviews from OpenTable diners
258 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (186)fit for foodies (180)romantic (139)notable wine list (104)good for groups (85)vibrant bar scene (53)neighborhood gem (52)hot spot (49)great for brunch (43)great for lunch (28)great for outdoor dining (20)late-night find (14)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Celebrated a birthday.c2javaDined on 11/16/2014Very nice service, excellent food with nice portions and did not feel rushed. Did not drink any wine. The wine list is very impressive, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrPeteDined on 11/14/2014Great dinner experience. Went there before the opera with my wife. Was able to have an excellent meal and make it to a 7:30 show on time. Cocktails were excellent. Food was exquisite. Staff courteous and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary NightAnniversaryCelebrationDined on 11/13/2014It was a fantastic evening that I shared with my girlfriend. I surprised her with dinner here and flowers from FlowerPetals.com. The service and food were phenomenal, I would do this a thousand times and not tire for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularBrunoDinnerDined on 11/11/2014Every aspect of ELEVEN is superb. The overal ambiance ... lighting, furnishings, wine display, fireplace, bar arrangement ... just extraordinary. The best part of ELEVEN is that the food matches the overall ambiance quality. Just spectacular! Go and enjoy this gem.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant in the StripMikeGDined on 11/11/2014First time that I've been back in awhile. Still a great place to dine. Food, service and ambience are fantastic. Our waiter this time was especially attentive, friendly and helpful to us throughout our entire meal. Highly recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite Pittsburgh restaurantchelseaDined on 11/8/2014With my husband and I relocating out of the area, we wanted to have one last dinner in pittsburgh and we immediately knew it had to be at Eleven. The food is absolutely outrageous, and the ambiance is beautiful. It manages to be sophisticated and romantic without being stuffy or pretentious. But what continues to astound us is the service. The servers know their menus inside and out and are able to make perfect recommendations. We mentioned when we made our reservation that it was our last night in the city and they sat us in the most beautiful location and continued to provide the amazing service I've always experienced at Eleven. This place is a MUST for anyone in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationMimiDined on 11/8/2014We had a delicious meal, beautifully prepared and we all enjoyed our food. This restaurant is very expensive and we save it for special occasions.Special Features:
- AmazingSBH1374Dined on 11/7/2014The food here was outstanding. We both ordered the chef's tasting menu with the wine pairings (one vegetarian, one not). This was a splurge, but totally worth it. Restaurant was very busy but I noticed they did have some semi-private alcoves available if you were looking for privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot for Happy Hour!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014so enjoyed our visit here during a Friday Happy Hour (4-6PM)--welcoming and comfortable bar, attentive and knowledgeable service, wonderful wine list and creative and tasty small plates menu will certainly return when back in Pittsburgh -evening parking across the street for $5 -on the waterfront to enjoy the view or to take a stroll -next to Museums and within walking distance of the StripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twice the LoveEkayDined on 11/6/2014This was our second trip to Eleven. The food continues to be top-notch. The service was flawless. The setting is gorgeous.Special Features:
- Yum!JennaDined on 11/6/2014The food was excellent. This was my first time here and we had a really great experience. I had the seafood tasting and everything was cooked to perfection! The service was awesome and they knew that I was there for my birthday, so they wrote Happy Birthday on the piece of chocolate that they bring out at the end of your meal. Very nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014The ambiance is fabulous - the service was top-notch, even though Rachel was brand new - she was knew the menu and was delightful. The curried pumpkin soup was warm and seasoned to perfection. The tenderloin could be cut with a butter knife and melted in my mouth and the accompaniments were delicious. The pumpkin cavatelli was outstanding as was the swordfish. All in all it was the perfect meal!Special Features:
- Another Great Birthday DinnerdavehereVIPDined on 11/2/2014Have been stopping at Eleven more frequently now, especially for great weekday Happy Hour specials in the Tavern area. Took the more upscale route on Sunday for a birthday celebration. As always, service un-fussy but correct with just the right balance of friendly but reserved. Food up to the usual high standards and a great cuppa' Joe to finish. Eleven probably will remain our go-to location for celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!BraddockSmashDined on 11/2/2014Great brunch-- all of the food was tasty and fresh and our server was really nice! Loved the hash and the yogurt apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Ocasion RestaurantSaintRichardDined on 11/2/2014We are fans of Eleven and visit many times each year. We like to go to Eleven for special occasions, "birthdays, anniversaries etc." It is a place where you can always know you will be receiving great service and consistently wonderful food. The Sunday brunch is the best in the Burgh and one that we sample numerous times through out the year. This time we invited guests who have never been there and they loved it. Thank You Eleven.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceMurryGrDined on 11/1/2014We took a friend from Switzerland and it was everything it has been every time I've been there. The service is always gracious and inviting. We sat upstairs and David was our server. He was fun, knowledgeable about the menu and helped construct an alternative meal for me since I don't eat meat but love scallops. I had sea scallops potato-wrapped with a coffee aioli. My husband had roasted pumpkin and quince soup and seared salmon with cauliflower and polenta. Our friend had the pork chop with pumpkin gnocchi. We also had the Three Greens Salads--quite good and fresh and crunchy. I have a lot of restaurants I love to go to and Eleven is always at the top of the list. It's a classy, comfortable place to have a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The waiter talked me out of a dish I knew was good, the swordfish. He pushed for the roasted chicken which I did not like. I've been there before and this time I was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it every timekoalaloverDined on 10/30/2014I have never had a mediocre meal here, everything is delicious from the breads and butter to the most phenomenal imaginative desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as always!Dee14Dined on 10/28/2014Eleven is my fave restaurant & we went with another couple who hadnt been there before. We ordered 4 apps... All terrific! Entrees were delish as well. Much love to our waiter who really knew the menu and his wines as well!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite restaurantlebeukVIPDined on 10/28/2014Eleven is and has been our favorite restaurant; we always have consistently outstanding meals there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eleven is Special.SaintRichardDined on 10/26/2014My wife and I have been using Eleven for years as a special place to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and other memorable occasions. We find that they also have the best Sunday brunch in Pittsburgh. Eleven has a nice comfortable and easy going atmosphere with super service and excellent food. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- 11 was worth the 4CBK1973Dined on 10/25/2014We were in town for a couples weekend to see the Colts play the Steelers. The game was a disaster but the experience at 11 was well worth the $. I believe you get what you pay for and 11 delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an enjoyable evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014We had the best server (John P.) with a great knowledge of the food, wine and a must have dessert that was out of this world! The dining experience is amazing and relaxing. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it hereEmemceeDined on 10/24/2014Everything about eleven is excellent. Anything you order will have amazing flavor and a great taste. Always get dessert... There the best in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantRonSDined on 10/23/2014Pleasant dinner on a Thursday evening. Dinner without the $30.00 coupon would have been too expensive for the food that we had.Special Features:
- susieqDined on 10/20/2014Once again an exceptional dining experience . Wish they would update the dessert menu and bring back the Meyer lemon pudding cake - one of the best things I have ever eaten. Tried the steak tartar this visit - I could eat a whole bowl, it was so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service was great.JimGDined on 10/20/2014Our server Kris was top rate. The food, cocktail and wine was second to none. We had a great time and will be back in the near future.Special Features:
- 30th Wedding AnniversaryMikeDined on 10/19/2014This is my wifes favorite restaurant --I wanted to make her happy for our 30th Wedding Anniversary. The service was great. The food was outstanding. I think they do a great job all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchdlmmDined on 10/19/2014A perfect place for Sunday brunch. Delicious pastries, great setting, presentation of food was beautiful and food was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Taste buds were in overdrive!Javo73Dined on 10/18/2014My Taste buds were in overdrive! This is a great restaurant, the place is nice and the service very good. But the food is amazing, it was a long time that I had a plate with so many flavors that could create a unified theme, but also stand on their own. You could taste every ingredient and yet the dish overall had a special signature of the chef. The food is fresh and the entrees abundant. The wine list is a little bit overpriced, as in most restaurants, and has a good variety; you will find something to pair perfectly with your food. Or if you prefer they have a taste menu for which they will pair the wine for each plate. Great restaurant for food lovers!Special Features:
- One of Pittsburgh's FinestJMS1Dined on 10/18/2014Enjoyed another great meal at one of Pittsburgh's top restaurants. Always fresh, always new and interesting combinations on the menu, and prices are accessible.Special Features:
- Incredible.Nalak2Dined on 10/17/2014Service was top notch and food was delicious. We were a group of four and we all enjoyed our food and time. For appetizers, Id highly recommend the crab cakes and the steak tartar. For the entree, both the ribeye steak and the braised short ribs are fantastic choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Night!RussDined on 10/17/2014I took my girlfriend to Eleven to propose to her. I said that in the notes when I made the reservation. Eleven gave us a special, secluded table with a balcony and a privacy drape, gave us our own personal waiter and the food was perfect! Everyone from the hostess to the manager went out their way to make our night perfect! Ads in the great atmosphere and ambiance of Eleven and we couldn't have asked for more. And yes, and said yes!Special Features:
- it was just ok this time..ucredDined on 10/17/2014We go there every 6 months or so as it is always a great dining experience. However, this time, the food was just mediocre. It is very expensive so mediocre does just not cut it! Definitely disappointed this time around. Server was nice but was so over expressive that it came off as annoying. Unfortunately it was just ok this time. I will try it again and I usually recommend it to others so I'm hoping next time will be better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but deliciousbourbondrinkerDined on 10/17/2014We can't go to Eleven regularly, but it is quite delicious and great for a special occasion. Their salmon was excellent. I was in the mood for it, but a little concerned it might be boring, but it was anything but. My partner loved his meal as well. I wish that one could enjoy the happy hour prices in the dining area.Special Features:
- SuccessmitziDined on 10/16/2014Thursday's dinner to honor a friend's birthday was a total success. Only the noise level interferred...and when I asked for the (inapporpriate) music to be turned down, it was. I had been to Eleven a few weeks before and had a mediocre experience with ambiance and food. Do not know why the difference.Special Features:
- Great eveningColbyDined on 10/11/2014Great cocktails, great service and delicious food. Our friend is a foody and very particular about where she dines. She had never been to Eleven and I was nervous to suggest it. She loved the restaurant and enjoyed the Vegetarian tasting menu to the max. We were 2 couples and we all enjoyed the food, from salads through desserts, immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Someone took us thereNewlywedDined on 10/9/2014We went to Eleven the night before our wedding; my brother took us. The food was great and ambiance lovely and quiet. Great wine. Our server, Brian, was terrific. It was a lovely calm place to go before the craziness of our wedding day. We couldn't afford to go to a place like this regularly--the bill was more than our monthly mortgage--but as a special treat, it was wonderful.Special Features:
- A culinary gemTripleLDined on 10/9/2014Eleven is my special place to celebrate my birthday every year. The menu is artistic, the wait staff solicitous, the atmosphere relaxing and understated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected perfectiongoguins66VIPDined on 10/6/2014though u had high hopes for dinner at Eleven, I did not expect to be completely blown away by every aspect of the evening. The space is misleading, as it is quite large but designed to feel intimate. The decor is understated elegance and boast extremely comfortable seating. The service was spot on and everything from drinks to dessert was a perfect accompaniment to the main act...dinner. The food was outstanding, creative and delicious. Every bite was a treat.Special Features: