1150 Smallman Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bigburrito.com/
- Phone: 4122015656
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 2:00pm Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Derek Stevens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available through "Big Catering", part of the big Burrito Restaurant Group. For information please call (412) 361-3272 ex 210.
- Private Party Facilities: ELEVEN can accommodate private parties of up to 36 guests (options available for larger groups.) Additional amenities for private parties include: TV/DVD, conference phone, wireless access, and laptop/projector hook ups. Food and beverage minimums apply; deposit required.
- Private Party Contact: Ron Ausnehmer 4122015656
- Special Events: Join us for Sunday Brunch! Visit www.bigburrito.com/eleven for more information.
A word from ELEVEN
ELEVEN, where Downtown meets the Strip, is the eleventh & most innovative restaurant from the big Burrito Restaurant Group. CONTEMPORARY American flavors are combined with invention to create a fresh & truly original menu. The KITCHEN, the center of Eleven’s high-energy urban atmosphere, is where indigenous & seasonal ingredients provide inspiration for Chef Derek Stevens & his team. ELEVEN CONTEMPORARY KITCHEN - Complex flavors, simply prepared. Price: Lunch $10-25; Dinner $30-50Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
ELEVEN - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
ELEVEN reviews from OpenTable diners
271 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (184)fit for foodies (172)romantic (128)notable wine list (104)good for groups (78)vibrant bar scene (58)hot spot (49)great for brunch (47)neighborhood gem (46)great for outdoor dining (34)great for lunch (33)late-night find (20)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- A little disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014We had heard rave reviews about Eleven, so had high expectations. While the food and service were quite good, neither met my expectations, especially considering the final bill. A nice place with a good atmosphere, but not outstanding.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014A positively delicious dining experience with complex flavors that are not a usual part of my somewhat unrefined palate. Well worth every penny and a wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Last minute reservation. Food was very good . Definitely want to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceGoochDined on 8/26/2014We have had a special-occasion dinner here in late August for the last few years, and are particularly fond of their inventive gazpacho, which I have not seen equalled elsewhere (this year it had cantaloupe in it!). The food, both beef and fish, was extremely well-prepared, and the service was flawless, attentive but not fawning. The wine list has many expensive bottles, but also a good range of midprice values. The two factors that lead me to give four rather than five stars: the sides were over-salted, and there was overly loud music piped in. (There are no salt shakers on the table. I'd vastly prefer, as would my doctor, that they reduce the salt in the kitchen and let the diners decide how much NaCl they prefer.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantJeffDined on 8/23/2014Second time at Eleven. Went with the Chef's selection for dinner choice. Food and service were spectacularSpecial Features:
- Great for date nightfitddsDined on 8/23/2014I brought my wife here on a Saturday night. Good drinks, especially the Manhattan. Our waiter Andrew was quite attentive. We never felt rushed, but our next course of food was always ready to soon after we finished the current course. Our Entrees of Beef Tenderloin and Salmon were excellent. There was a choice of bread with the meal - sesame crusted, sea salt, and whole wheat. Sea salt bread was best. Next time we would come earlier and get a drink at the bar which looked very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntreeredroseDined on 8/22/2014One of our entrees was the Wild Black Bass served over polenta. Unfortuantely, the polenta was washed away with the broth/juices added to the dish. Not a good presentation...no bass to the dish. The bass was fair.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/21/2014The food was wonderful. The service was also attentive but not overbearing. All around great night. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone in the Pittsburgh area!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!MimiDined on 8/19/2014Enjoyed celebrating a special birthday at Eleven. Although there were many choices on the menu I would probably want to order the same meal again as it was the best tasting scallops and crabcake ever! Servers were all very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceRudyVIPDined on 8/18/2014Everyone was friendly, knowledgable and accommodating. I had swordfish which I thought was over cooked and overwhelmed by the accompaniments; sausage and pasta with heavily spiced red sauce. The fish sampler was great and nicely done as we're the deserts. I would definately return. The server could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Annual anniversary dinner. Wouldn't go anywhere else!Special Features:
- Perfect!SSAersVIPDined on 8/17/2014Our favorite place for Sunday brunch is at Eleven. Delicious food, excellent service. Thank you!Special Features:
- consistently greatlebeukVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been to Eleven many times, and the food is always outstanding...always. The local tomato salad was amazing, and a definite re-order. We love the bar as well.Special Features:
- Fair experience overalljrbell71Dined on 8/16/2014Bottom line: severely overpriced for what you get, will not be going back. Get the sense this place became popular and has since let its quality slide downward while pricing goes up. Serving staff were great, so it isn't a staffing problem. Food wasn't memorable but price (ouch!) was. Cocktails were disappointing. One gin drink was supposed to be mixed with citrus twist and instead just had wedges stuck to the outside of the glass. A berry rum mojito came out looking like a blended berry smoothie--should have been listed as a daiquiri instead.
- Great Friday Night DinnerPBC531Dined on 8/15/2014Four of us went there on a Friday night. The food was delicious and waitstaff was very friendly. You really can't go wrong with anything on their menu. As for appetizers I have to mention how good the oysters are there as well as the house made sauces served with them. Also, I recommend the Eleven Mule cocktail is refreshing and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet good but all else so soOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Waitress had no personality, would not customize our salad so could not order it. Place was to cold in temp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceFancyFelDined on 8/9/2014Went to celebrate my babe's birthday dinner, requested special seating side-by-side and it was happily and easily accommodated. They called a car at end of night to get us back to hotel since it is located a bit on the outskirts of downtown. We didn't have to wait long, not a big deal. I would go there again. Nice balance of fancy without being pretentious. A little pricey but tolerable. Safe bet to take her here and be satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average foodKananiDined on 8/9/2014Recently we have been to Eleven on three different occasions. The food quality and taste have been a hit or miss at best. For a fine dining experience, i would expect better and more consistent taste and quality. At the last visit last week, the gazpacho was just too sweet, the sashimi very average and tomato salad and chocolate desserts were excellent. My husband ordered the vegetarian tasting and the hummus and squash appetizer was very good but rest of dishes were very average. Most disappointing is that their breads are not warm. For an average price of $75/- per person when the bill arrives, one would expect warm breads and better food for your taste buds.
- Memorablecab315Dined on 8/8/2014A great experience from start to finish. The food, presentation, service, etc. THE BEST*Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/6/2014We dine here every several months and quality of food and service never falters. Fantastic place.Special Features:
- Always a great placepaulsailingDined on 8/5/2014Love it. We have to drive 2 hours to have a meal at Eleven and stay at a hotel !. The bar scene is indeed vibrant and was packed.. A good selection of beer on tap and a notable wine list. The valet parking is great and the charge is fair Great selection of food on the menu. We will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunchGoGirlDined on 8/3/2014All around a very nice experience. Food, service, ambiance, all wonderful!Special Features:
- Dining at ElevenchefwiferubyDined on 8/1/2014Our service and the food were excellent!! Everything was lovely but lighting was a too low making it slightly difficult to read menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImprovedmgordonDined on 8/1/2014Food much improved from our last visit several months ago. We especially liked the vegetarian fixed price menu. All selections were creative and high quality.Special Features:
- OutstandingPDEatsDined on 7/30/2014Every facet of my meal, from appetizer to delectable dessert, was fantastic. The wine was a terrific match with my meal as well. Tom was a very attentive server and had good recommendations from the menu. If you are a chocoholic, the dark chocolate cake with caramel chocolate chip ice cream will induce ecstasy. Wonderful meal; I'll be back and will bring others!Special Features:
- Not greatPghGuyWhoLikesToEatDined on 7/28/2014Took my wife here for her birthday dinner. They did a fine job on the appetizers and my entree, but they made mistakes on her food twice. She vowed to never return. The server was great and he really did all he could to to make it right. The manager covered our check, which was the right thing to do. I will return, as I think the food is pretty good, but I guess I will be eating alone.Special Features:
- Terrific!YooieDined on 7/24/2014Again, the service and the food from start to finish was impeccable. This restaurant has always shown signs of consistency from one visit to the next. Always a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- As always, outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/23/2014I am not sure why we don't go here all the time, as there is always something seasonal and new on the menu. In an era when too many places take themselves to seriously, the remains simply great. We never have the same thing twice and have always loved our choices. Great service A bit more expensive than some places in town, but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be fooled...PLarwayDined on 7/22/2014What may appear very officious or too fancy upon first glance is revealed to be an affordable and welcoming top shelf restaurant with advice, smiles, and most importantly exquisite food. If you're in Pittsburgh and want the best it has to offer, look no further. Would have slept there if they had let us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh my goodness - what a night!SewickleyBobDined on 7/19/2014To say this restaurant was good is to understate the evening. From the moment we walked in to the first service of bread to the way the wait staff ensured that we had a top notch experience all was to be expected for a restaurant with the reputation that Eleven has. The food was prepared immaculately - the scallops were seared perfectly and the halibut was beyond compare. The meal made the evening something very memorable for the two of us - set the stage for a very romantic evening. Thanks for helping to make the night perfect!Special Features:
- food tastekevco73Dined on 7/19/2014Atmosphere and Service outstanding. Average food....we loved our app and salad and drinks just entree was lacking. poor complements to salmon. way to bitter and vinegarySpecial Features:
- Jerry67VIPDined on 7/18/2014Good food in clean, contemporary environment. Service was flawless. (Thank you, Elizabeth.)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eleven is a "A Ten"OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/17/2014We love Eleven for special occasions. And we love the bar. Great Happy Hour. My salmon was cooked perfectly. .. melt in your mouth. The accompaniment, red cabbage with bacon and I don't know what other ingredients, was outstanding ....I keep talking about it. My dining mates had the Halibut and the Swordfish, and were equally happy. Whenever we go to Eleven, and we try to get there often, we are always amazed at the new flavors presented and how the menus is always tantalizing. No pretention, no gimmicks, just delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit and a Very Good DinnerfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 7/17/2014I went for the tasting menu with wine pairings. yellowtail sashimi was fresh and had a tasty aioli, braised bacon with kale was too heavy for me, good steak, nice blueberry tart. Thought wine pairings were good quality in light of the affordable menu pricing. Good, friendly service, prompt clearing. Liked the music programing: something for most generations. Impressed with bar: one of the very few places that carry my favorite gin: Old Raj. I would go back next time in P. and try the regular menu.
- Mixed bagpuprunamokDined on 7/16/2014The service was great! The sea scallops were seared to perfection. The greens that came with them, however, were over-dressed and way too salty. I found them downright inedible, in fact. My companion felt the same way about his greens, but said the flank steak was among the best he ever had.Special Features:
- very nice mealdinerpgh34Dined on 7/15/2014Nice dinner, a little noisy but good food. They have been out of the roasted brussels sprouts the last 4 times I've been there. Dessert was excellent. Very diverse dessert menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Great spot and not too loud. My only complaint is that the dining room was a bit dark but the food was fantastic and more than made up for it!Special Features:
- Service & Food Always Excellentrun4beerDined on 7/12/2014We had the nicest server-always excellent service, always excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014The service was impeccable. They had read my request when I made the reservation, and were on point the entire night. The restaurant was dimly lit and had a great layout.Special Features:
- dukeVIPDined on 7/12/2014Consistently one of the best restaurants in any city. Whether dinner, bar menu or wine bar a wonderful place to dine.Special Features: