1150 Smallman Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bigburrito.com/
- Phone: 4122015656
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 2:00pm Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Derek Stevens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available through "Big Catering", part of the big Burrito Restaurant Group. For information please call (412) 361-3272 ex 210.
- Private Party Facilities: ELEVEN can accommodate private parties of up to 36 guests (options available for larger groups.) Additional amenities for private parties include: TV/DVD, conference phone, wireless access, and laptop/projector hook ups. Food and beverage minimums apply; deposit required.
- Private Party Contact: Ron Ausnehmer 4122015656
- Special Events: Join us for Sunday Brunch! Visit www.bigburrito.com/eleven for more information.
A word from ELEVEN
ELEVEN, where Downtown meets the Strip, is the eleventh & most innovative restaurant from the big Burrito Restaurant Group. CONTEMPORARY American flavors are combined with invention to create a fresh & truly original menu. The KITCHEN, the center of Eleven’s high-energy urban atmosphere, is where indigenous & seasonal ingredients provide inspiration for Chef Derek Stevens & his team. ELEVEN CONTEMPORARY KITCHEN - Complex flavors, simply prepared. Price: Lunch $10-25; Dinner $30-50Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
ELEVEN - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
ELEVEN reviews from OpenTable diners
263 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (177)fit for foodies (168)romantic (125)notable wine list (100)good for groups (72)vibrant bar scene (54)hot spot (53)neighborhood gem (51)great for brunch (41)great for outdoor dining (29)great for lunch (27)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (6)Show More
- Best wine pairing in PittsburghOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Excellent service. Excellent food as always!! We had the wine pairing dinner and every morsel was amazing! Thanks!Special Features:
- So-soOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/26/2014We arrived to big expectations. We were greeted right away by the valets and seated at a big booth even though there was only two of us. Then served water right away and then.....the server came. She was tight lipped and all business. She didn't crack a smile throughout our meal. When I asked what her favorites were on the menu, she actually said that everything on the menu is good (she said good, not excellent) and if it wasn't good, then the chef takes it off. Didn't answer my question. And I didn't care to ask again after that answer. The meal that followed was indeed about....good, not any better and I will not be back again.
- DeliciousJTucDined on 9/23/2014I highly recommend the pork chop. Dinner was delicious, and the atmosphere was romantic. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonnieVIPDined on 9/22/2014Eleven is a major hot spot that is great for a special occasion like a birthday or any time. We started with drinks in the sleek bar before heading in for dinner. Since i was not wild about the two salads offered or the soup (gazpacho), i went with a crab cake appetizer that was wonderful. I wound up duplicating that somewhat in my entree but who is complaining? I had the seafood combo trio, with crab cake, salmon and huge scallop. My companion had a salad and the wonderful locally sourced lamb. For dessert, I enjoyed creme brulee with a raspberry macaron and he had a candy bar chocolate concoction. And have i mentioned their wonderful house-baked breads?Special Features:
- Good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014Great food and service. We will go back again. I look forward to trying other items on the menu. A good list of wines to choose from as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/21/2014experience. Food was great. Service was wonderful. Would go back again in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- First time there for brunchsusieqDined on 9/21/2014We have been to Eleven many times for dinner and lunch - this was our first time for brunch, and they did not disappoint. Impeccable service, delicious food and great presentation. It only reinforced our opinion that Eleven is the best restaurant in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014It was fantastic. The food was outstanding and the waiter very knowledgeable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT A FABULOUS PLACE!!OOPSDined on 9/20/2014We had a truly marvelous time at Eleven!! The ambiance was LOVELY, the service was FRIENDLY, SPOT ON IMPECCABLE, and, the food was FANTASTIC! Each course of the meal was a joy and done to perfection. WE COULDN'T HAVE HAD A MORE WONDERFUL EVENING OF CELEBRATION!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner with colleaguesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Eleven does not disappoint! A great spot to take the boss when she's in town. Excellent cocktailss and menu selections. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingChurchDined on 9/14/2014Overall, great food, fast service, and a fantastic atmosphere. Definitely need to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Everything was amazing from the walk-in to the exit. Service was extremely professional and our waiter Mike was very helpful, friendly, and overall excellent. A+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place, lackluster serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014I had high hopes for ELEVEN, but the service was lackluster at best. The table was not ready when we arrived (on time), a huge pet peeve of mine. So we waited, for some time, in front of a sign that said "Coat Room", but no one offered to take my date's coat. Our food was delivered to the table next to us, which sat there a few before being relocated immediately to our table, which was weird. Food was okay but severely overpriced; $40 for a seafood platter, you expect some panache. I got a sliver of salmon, a lonely crab cake, and a few small scallops unceremoniously plated. Finally, they brought the wrong bill,which I paid. One foot out the door, they grabbed me to pay the other.If you screw up a bill like that you should honor the price.Special Features:
- Good Food. Subpar Service.MegFDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary. I requested a quiet/private table when I made the reservation. We were seated just outside of the kitchen...not the most quiet part of the restaurant. We politely asked our server if another table was avail in a quieter part of the restaurant. She confirmed w/the hostess, no other 2 tops were avail and they were booked for the night. We didnt make a big deal about it and said thank you for checking. I think from the moment we "complained" about our table, the server wasn't the most pleasant, or thats just her personality. Either way,she was helpful w/our questions, but could have at least smiled once and had a better attitude and we felt rushed. Food was great! I would def recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was awesome. Dessert was fantastic!! We sat above the bar so it was a bit loud but we still enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- not what it use to bebarbDined on 9/12/2014the server was so uninterested in our table that it was odd. I had to ask him for any any specials and request to start ordering. We were done with our entrees and again had to ask the person in charge of the bread to get my server to order the main dish. It used to be that the cook would send some small samplers between dishes as an attention. That didn't happen either.Special Features:
- Great meal; wonderful servicePDEatsDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I chose Eleven for our 28th anniversary dinner. I loved my meal from wine to dessert. The presentation was wonderful and everything was done to perfection. Kudos to the chef. David, our server, was a delight.Special Features:
- Fortieth Birthday CelebrationHusbandDined on 9/6/2014We had a wonderful time. The service was very excellent! I would label my entree (Seafood Tasting) as very good! My wife would order the Prime Strip gave her entree an even higher review. The Tomato Salad and desert (Candy Bar) were also delicious. It was a beautiful night of dinning. Thank you, Eleven!Special Features:
- WonderfulJinxxycatDined on 9/6/2014Worth the ride down to the Strip District. Valet parking at curb, lovely atmosphere, requests made for reservation were honored. Great seasonal menu. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Dependable venue for very good food, ambience and service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/3/2014Our favorite fine-dining restaurant in Pittsburgh!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014Went to celebrate our 43rd wedding anniversary. Service was attentive and great. Food was outstanding and the red Zinfandel was a treat. Expensive, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014We had heard rave reviews about Eleven, so had high expectations. While the food and service were quite good, neither met my expectations, especially considering the final bill. A nice place with a good atmosphere, but not outstanding.Special Features:
- Great FoodennuiDined on 8/31/2014A positively delicious dining experience with complex flavors that are not a usual part of my somewhat unrefined palate. Well worth every penny and a wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- great pittsburgh findkathymccDined on 8/31/2014searched for a place that was open sunday, near the warhol museum, worked for vegetarians and was nice enough to celebrate a birthday- and eleven was PERFECT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousTylerDined on 8/30/2014The hardest part was deciding what to have from all of the delicious options on the menu. Everything was fantastically prepared and the service was gat! Well definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VPMexperienceDined on 8/29/2014Last minute reservation. Food was very good . Definitely want to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceGoochDined on 8/26/2014We have had a special-occasion dinner here in late August for the last few years, and are particularly fond of their inventive gazpacho, which I have not seen equalled elsewhere (this year it had cantaloupe in it!). The food, both beef and fish, was extremely well-prepared, and the service was flawless, attentive but not fawning. The wine list has many expensive bottles, but also a good range of midprice values. The two factors that lead me to give four rather than five stars: the sides were over-salted, and there was overly loud music piped in. (There are no salt shakers on the table. I'd vastly prefer, as would my doctor, that they reduce the salt in the kitchen and let the diners decide how much NaCl they prefer.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantJeffDined on 8/23/2014Second time at Eleven. Went with the Chef's selection for dinner choice. Food and service were spectacularSpecial Features:
- Great for date nightfitddsDined on 8/23/2014I brought my wife here on a Saturday night. Good drinks, especially the Manhattan. Our waiter Andrew was quite attentive. We never felt rushed, but our next course of food was always ready to soon after we finished the current course. Our Entrees of Beef Tenderloin and Salmon were excellent. There was a choice of bread with the meal - sesame crusted, sea salt, and whole wheat. Sea salt bread was best. Next time we would come earlier and get a drink at the bar which looked very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntreeredroseDined on 8/22/2014One of our entrees was the Wild Black Bass served over polenta. Unfortuantely, the polenta was washed away with the broth/juices added to the dish. Not a good presentation...no bass to the dish. The bass was fair.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/21/2014The food was wonderful. The service was also attentive but not overbearing. All around great night. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone in the Pittsburgh area!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RestaurantchinitaDined on 8/20/2014I visited this establishment for a celebration. The waiter was decent and knowledgeable in the menu. He seemed to recommend more of the higher priced items rather than suggesting by taste. I also did not like that the tables were so close to others. They seat the parties of 2 so close to one another that you feel awkward attempting to leave your table and could also hear others' conversations. Other than that, the experience was great. I would visit again.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!MimiDined on 8/19/2014Enjoyed celebrating a special birthday at Eleven. Although there were many choices on the menu I would probably want to order the same meal again as it was the best tasting scallops and crabcake ever! Servers were all very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceRudyVIPDined on 8/18/2014Everyone was friendly, knowledgable and accommodating. I had swordfish which I thought was over cooked and overwhelmed by the accompaniments; sausage and pasta with heavily spiced red sauce. The fish sampler was great and nicely done as we're the deserts. I would definately return. The server could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Annual anniversary dinner. Wouldn't go anywhere else!Special Features:
- Perfect!SSAersVIPDined on 8/17/2014Our favorite place for Sunday brunch is at Eleven. Delicious food, excellent service. Thank you!Special Features:
- consistently greatlebeukVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been to Eleven many times, and the food is always outstanding...always. The local tomato salad was amazing, and a definite re-order. We love the bar as well.Special Features:
- Fair experience overalljrbell71Dined on 8/16/2014Bottom line: severely overpriced for what you get, will not be going back. Get the sense this place became popular and has since let its quality slide downward while pricing goes up. Serving staff were great, so it isn't a staffing problem. Food wasn't memorable but price (ouch!) was. Cocktails were disappointing. One gin drink was supposed to be mixed with citrus twist and instead just had wedges stuck to the outside of the glass. A berry rum mojito came out looking like a blended berry smoothie--should have been listed as a daiquiri instead.
- Great Friday Night DinnerPBC531Dined on 8/15/2014Four of us went there on a Friday night. The food was delicious and waitstaff was very friendly. You really can't go wrong with anything on their menu. As for appetizers I have to mention how good the oysters are there as well as the house made sauces served with them. Also, I recommend the Eleven Mule cocktail is refreshing and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.