Eleven South Bistro
216 11th Avenue South
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Eleven South Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elevensouth.com/
- Phone: (904) 241-1112
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch : Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Eleven South offers delectable menus for all of your private party needs. Whether you are seeking a private dining room or a lovely get together on our outdoor patio, let us create a personalized experience for you and your guests with the unique atmosphere and menus that are unique to Eleven South.
- Private Party Contact: Sandy Ingalls 904-241-1112
A word from Eleven South Bistro
At Eleven South, our food philosophy is simple – a taste for every palate and a palette for every season. Our menu is the centerpiece of the dining experience and features an exclusive variety of seafood, steaks, fresh fish and pasta dishes. Our open flame mesquite wood grill is our distinction and adds delectable flavor to many of our signature dishes from our signature Sea Bass to our steaks and appetizers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Eleven South Bistro - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville Beach ›
Eleven South Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)fit for foodies (79)neighborhood gem (67)romantic (67)notable wine list (58)great for outdoor dining (38)vibrant bar scene (26)good for groups (20)hot spot (17)great for lunch (16)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- This is a great little neighborhood restaurantOneofthelsDined on 11/24/2014Our 2nd visit to and everything was just perfect. Ambience and layout are great. We sat inside this time but on a good night the outside patio is also great. Bar area looks fun and inviting, we'll try that another time. Good selection of wines for the most discerning enthusiast. We skipped the appetizers and went straight to main courses. The ceasar salad is splendid. Wifey ordered fettuccini Alfredo with shrimp which was fabulous. I had the strip steak with whipped potatoes and couldn't finish it all. We skipped the dessert and just enjoyed the rest of the evening. You have to give these guys a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningDiningDocDined on 11/21/2014Spent a wonderful evening with my husband, brother and his wife recently. Jeremy was our waiter and was exceptional. His suggestions were spot-on and his understanding of the cooking helpful. The food was refreshingly different. Great choices for surf or turf. Everything from appetizer (loved the burrata) to salad (try the salad with vanilla pickled onions and sweet blue-cheese dressing) to entrees (horseradish encrusted fish) to dessert (triple chocolate pot de creme with raspberry reduction and biscotti). Even the coffee with dessert did not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodSLW01Dined on 11/13/2014Good wine list , food is quite good. smells from the grill are nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends who lunchfriendswholunchVIPDined on 11/12/2014This is a wonderful restaurant to meet with friends and enjoy the wonderful food. The patio is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent, Good.SLW01Dined on 11/11/2014This was a first here, but my steak was way way too salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceRandiDined on 11/10/2014I have taken clients weekly for the last several weeks. The service is outstanding and the food is consistently amazing. The specials are always on point and the wine list is all inclusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/8/2014It was very good. Not over the top in creative or fancy foodie trends but very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingcottagebytheseaDined on 11/8/2014I've had lunch and dinner here several times, but dinner this week was truly outstanding, usually like to go into town for a special dinner, but just didn't want to drive that far Saturday night, made my reservation here, and was so estatic about the whole dining experience. Waitress and service was extraordinary, food and selection was out of this world. Tuna Tartare appetizer was the best ever. Already recommended to several of my friends. Certainly going again, in fact tonight!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time thereDan1577Dined on 11/7/2014My wife and I just tried this place. It was very good. It's pricey, but you get what you pay to a greater extent than a lot of other pricey places. I ordered the filet and my wife ordered the scallops. I'd recommend the scallops but if you want a filet, at $35, go somewhere else like capital, Ruth Chris, or Orsay. The filet was probably one of the best quality prices of meat I've found in town, but it's preparation I found to be lacking any flavor. And the menu didn't prvide any raspy options for toppings, sauces, or add ins like crab meat etc. The scallops were amazing! The atmosphere was exceptional. We will go back again, but next time I'm trying the fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperiencelovefoodpvDined on 11/7/2014Hosted a recent birthday luncheon for five and we were pleased with every aspect of the meal. Our waitress was exceptional and food outstanding. I'd been here years ago, after they first opened, and it must not have been the same experience, as I hadn't been back. This time, nothing but accolades from me. There are so many items I want to try on the menu, I'm planning my return visit soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.Beautiful settingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2014My husband and I went to Eleven South for my birthday dinner and ate outside in the lovely outdoor room. I highly recommend both the atmosphere and the food. I had the grouper-superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarisueDined on 11/6/2014Somehow they had us in and out in 45 minutes. When you go out to an upscale restaurant that is not what you are looking for. The salad was warm, my steak was barely hot. My husband had the Mongolian noodles dish which was excellent. That was the second time we were there and we probably won't go back. For the money it is not the food and experience I was hoping for.Special Features:
- Terrible WaiterDebbieVIPDined on 11/1/2014We enjoyed the food and the ambiance but our waiter was very rude and inattentive.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 11/1/2014Affordable fine dining. Great food lovely atmosphere. Knowledgable staff. Attentive and courteousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XxxxxxxDddddddDined on 10/25/2014JkkllllgsdcvjgxxcvxbxaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately over ratedAdamp3p4VIPDined on 10/24/2014Nice spot, noisy inside then the food was a let down. Two apps one hot one arrived cold. Two Mains one hot one arrived cold Slow service Steak was very poor, no bone in choice, cold and full of fat 50% could not be eaten. Wine was amazing.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/23/2014Creative, flavorful lunch offerings in pleasant settings indoor and out.Special Features:
- LouMarDined on 10/17/2014Food was really the highlight of the night. Grouper and Mongolian Beef entrees were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DickDined on 10/11/2014The food, the service was fantastic. Unfortunatly the noise level was so loud, you could barely carry on a conversation. Wewill certainly go back and try again to see if the noise level was just a rare happening.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experienceJimHDined on 10/11/2014From the moment the valet greeted us until they brought us our car the entire experience was first class. The ambiance was perfect for our anniversary celebration. Our waiter Jeremy was outstanding and really made our night great. The food from start to finish was spectacular.Special Features:
- A really great spot for fine diningTBoneDined on 10/10/2014I have visited Eleven South Bistro on several occasions in the past, I took my Wife for our Anniversary because I was missing the Rack of Lamb (always on the menu) and wanted to visit again. I made online reservations and typed a message that it was my Anniversary but there was no mention of the occasion when we arrived by the staff. Our Server was awesome, I could never have received better (extremely friendly but not bothersome) service, and there was no excessive delays in the preparations from the Kitchen. I did order the Rack of Lamb and the "Buffalo Rib Eye" (special) which was excellent! No complaints on any of the food, we topped dinner off with a Creme Brulee and paid the check (with a 20% tip came to about $75.00 each).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Very good service. But I ordered the lamb and it wasn't wasn't tender at all. Everything out I the kitchen should be perfect when your tab is exceeds $150 for two.Special Features:
- Above and beyondOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/8/2014This was my 5th visit, and I've always enjoyed the experience. This time they went above-and-beyond to earn my loyalty. I was dining with a couple, and had just started on a Paleo program (no grains, sugar or dairy). In fact all 3 of us had various dietary restrictions. Our server was gracious about all the special needs and offered viable substitutions; the kitchen staff was spot-on with the results. I ended up with their grilled salmon entree, served over a bed of perfectly sautéed leaf spinach and sliced asparagus accents. Hated to forego the sauce that normally comes with this dish, but that was my choice. Since none of the desserts were within my dietary needs, our server offered to bring a bowl of assorted berries. Standing ovation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th anniversary dinnerOutstandingDined on 10/7/2014We were vacationing in Ponte Vedra and the conceirge recommended Eleven South as a special occasion place for dinner in Jacksonville. We were greeted to extra special attention and perfect table location and two glasses of champagne to help us celebrate. Johnny was our server and was fabulous. Will return when we visit Jacksonville beach again!!Special Features:
- Great.DisappointedDined on 10/7/2014We had been here for lunch a few months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it and the food was great. We just returned for our anniversary dinner. It was lovely. The food and service were great. We will be back.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014The food was good but there was a one inch square piece of paper in the scallops....:( The right thing to do would have been not to charge for the plate. However, they decided to offer us dessert instead, even if we were not hungry anymore.Special Features:
- MehhThedobbieDined on 10/4/2014The good wasn't that great! The lobster Mac was horrible. The service was excellent! The outside patio was charming. I had a stomach ache for the rest of the night, not happy!Special Features:
- 11 SouthMcRibmeDined on 10/3/2014This was my first experience going to 11 South and it was absolutely fantastic. The ambiance was noticeable the moment you walked in the door - the restaurant and dining area is very quaint and provides a very romantic setting. Our server was extremely polite and knowledgeable; also, he gave my date and I enough space, time to talk, and enjoy our evening (I like that a lot). My girlfriend got the scallops and he let me try and a bite AND probably the best scallops I've had in my life. All the food was extremely fresh and delicious. Our server recommended getting the short-rib and it did not disappoint - very tender with great flavor. We also got the truffle fries and WOW those were incredible. All-in-all, I highly recommend going!Special Features:
- 1st time impressionbubbe4VIPDined on 10/3/2014Outstanding service and attention to detail, loved that the owners engaged with patrons; service personnel very knowledgeable of wine list & foods would definitely come backSpecial Features:
- Great foodtimDDined on 9/29/2014Very nice atmosphere. Great service. Portions were perfectly filling without waste. Raspberry Sorbet is incredible for dessert!Special Features:
- less than expectedMerryMarDined on 9/28/2014Eleven south has a nice atmosphere with what appeared to be a very active bar. The menu was interesting, though a little pricey. Our food was good, but not amazing for that cost. Might return for appetizers, soups, salads, since there were several on the menu that I may like to try.Special Features:
- Manager kept it from being horribleOneofthelsDined on 9/26/2014Arrived on time for our reservation and got a great vibe walking in. Great bar area. We were seated quickly outside. We ordered drinks and looked over the menu. We ordered our entrees and that's about when things turned for the worst. People that were seated long after us started receiving their food ahead of us. The table behind us was served the wrong dish and we overheard the waitress mention scallops which is what my wife ordered. She left the dish and told that table she wouldn't charge for the upgraded meal. Then the waitress came back and apologized and took the food back. Shortly thereafter our waiter brought the scallops to is and I lost it. The mgr recovered and gave us a gift cert for 2 entrees on a future visit.Special Features:
- jbjbVIPDined on 9/25/2014Went with friends for our September birthday celebration and as always, they did not disappoint. Everyone enjoyed their meals...Salmon, Tuna, Grouper. The Bone In Veal Chop was very good as was the Green/White Asparagus Soup with Truffle Oil -- both were specials for the night. Servers were attentive but did not hover. Eleven South is the best restaurant at the beach.Special Features:
- Great Date NightTonyDined on 9/20/2014I have been to 11 South on several occasions. It is one of the best places to take your date for dinner. The food is superb, the specials Devine, and the ambiance wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wine and atmosphereShelleyDined on 9/20/2014We had a group of 6 for dinner, sometimes it can be a tad difficult noise wise for conversation but we were seated in a comfy booth with pillows and it was perfect! Great wine list, delicious appetizers, soups and deserts as well as interesting specials. Ideal service too! No complaints from any of us...... If you have not dined here yet... it is time you did!Special Features:
- Consistent, Good.SLW01Dined on 9/19/2014The food is always timely and good. Great wine list. Great martinisSpecial Features:
- Always a great experience11southfanDined on 9/17/2014We love to come to Eleven South for special occasions, but any time you go to dinner there, it makes it feel like it is a special occasion. After eating at every "high end" rest. and bistro in Jax over the years, this is definitely the best food in town! There are no end to the sauces and glazes and xtra touches, and their steaks are Prime! Get the rib eye with reduction and truffle butter add on, its a steak lovers dream steak. What we love the most is to sit at the bar on Sundays(half-price bottles of select wines are a another bonus)and have bar apps and wine. It is warm a and inviting vibe, and the bar has such a cool retro look. Plus you get to watch the meats being grilled on the open pit oven. Our favorite place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the beachesBeachPoppaDined on 9/16/2014Entertained out of town guests and had a lovely time. Service is excellent, food is always superb and the atmosphere is perfect. This place is the class of Jax Beach. It's a great adult restaurant with a small but lively bar and an indoor or outdoor dining option. I have been many times and never been disappointed.Special Features:
- AwesomeAdivineliteDined on 9/14/2014From the time you valet, to being seating. Everything was absolutely wonderful, the food was very fresh, down to the sauce! My husband and I will definitely be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!dpr17Dined on 9/12/2014Eleven South is a must whenever we are in Ponte Vedra and they did not disappoint tonight! Fantastic service, amazing food, and a killer dessert. Christi did a great job with recommendations, and our food was perfect. The NY strip paired with a lobster tail was outstanding and the baseball sirloin and lobster baked potato was delicious. Topping it all off was what they call Coffee and Doughnuts - light coffee flavored custard, fresh beignets, and chocolate covered coffee beans! Wow! My second time eating there this week. Do not miss it whenever you are in Jax Beach or Ponte Vedra!Special Features: