Eleven South Bistro
216 11th Avenue South
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Eleven South Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elevensouth.com/
- Phone: 9042411112
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch : Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Eleven South offers delectable menus for all of your private party needs. Whether you are seeking a private dining room or a lovely get together on our outdoor patio, let us create a personalized experience for you and your guests with the unique atmosphere and menus that are unique to Eleven South.
- Private Party Contact: Sandy Ingalls 904-241-1112
A word from Eleven South Bistro
At Eleven South, our food philosophy is simple – a taste for every palate and a palette for every season. Our menu is the centerpiece of the dining experience and features an exclusive variety of seafood, steaks, fresh fish and pasta dishes. Our open flame mesquite wood grill is our distinction and adds delectable flavor to many of our signature dishes from our signature Sea Bass to our steaks and appetizers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Eleven South Bistro - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville Beach ›
Eleven South Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (84)fit for foodies (75)romantic (73)neighborhood gem (72)notable wine list (61)great for outdoor dining (35)vibrant bar scene (25)good for groups (17)hot spot (15)great for lunch (15)late-night find (6)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- LouMarDined on 10/17/2014Food was really the highlight of the night. Grouper and Mongolian Beef entrees were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DickDined on 10/11/2014The food, the service was fantastic. Unfortunatly the noise level was so loud, you could barely carry on a conversation. Wewill certainly go back and try again to see if the noise level was just a rare happening.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experienceJimHDined on 10/11/2014From the moment the valet greeted us until they brought us our car the entire experience was first class. The ambiance was perfect for our anniversary celebration. Our waiter Jeremy was outstanding and really made our night great. The food from start to finish was spectacular.Special Features:
- A really great spot for fine diningTBoneDined on 10/10/2014I have visited Eleven South Bistro on several occasions in the past, I took my Wife for our Anniversary because I was missing the Rack of Lamb (always on the menu) and wanted to visit again. I made online reservations and typed a message that it was my Anniversary but there was no mention of the occasion when we arrived by the staff. Our Server was awesome, I could never have received better (extremely friendly but not bothersome) service, and there was no excessive delays in the preparations from the Kitchen. I did order the Rack of Lamb and the "Buffalo Rib Eye" (special) which was excellent! No complaints on any of the food, we topped dinner off with a Creme Brulee and paid the check (with a 20% tip came to about $75.00 each).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Very good service. But I ordered the lamb and it wasn't wasn't tender at all. Everything out I the kitchen should be perfect when your tab is exceeds $150 for two.Special Features:
- Above and beyondOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/8/2014This was my 5th visit, and I've always enjoyed the experience. This time they went above-and-beyond to earn my loyalty. I was dining with a couple, and had just started on a Paleo program (no grains, sugar or dairy). In fact all 3 of us had various dietary restrictions. Our server was gracious about all the special needs and offered viable substitutions; the kitchen staff was spot-on with the results. I ended up with their grilled salmon entree, served over a bed of perfectly sautéed leaf spinach and sliced asparagus accents. Hated to forego the sauce that normally comes with this dish, but that was my choice. Since none of the desserts were within my dietary needs, our server offered to bring a bowl of assorted berries. Standing ovation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th anniversary dinnerOutstandingDined on 10/7/2014We were vacationing in Ponte Vedra and the conceirge recommended Eleven South as a special occasion place for dinner in Jacksonville. We were greeted to extra special attention and perfect table location and two glasses of champagne to help us celebrate. Johnny was our server and was fabulous. Will return when we visit Jacksonville beach again!!Special Features:
- Great.DisappointedDined on 10/7/2014We had been here for lunch a few months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it and the food was great. We just returned for our anniversary dinner. It was lovely. The food and service were great. We will be back.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014The food was good but there was a one inch square piece of paper in the scallops....:( The right thing to do would have been not to charge for the plate. However, they decided to offer us dessert instead, even if we were not hungry anymore.Special Features:
- MehhThedobbieDined on 10/4/2014The good wasn't that great! The lobster Mac was horrible. The service was excellent! The outside patio was charming. I had a stomach ache for the rest of the night, not happy!Special Features:
- 11 SouthMcRibmeDined on 10/3/2014This was my first experience going to 11 South and it was absolutely fantastic. The ambiance was noticeable the moment you walked in the door - the restaurant and dining area is very quaint and provides a very romantic setting. Our server was extremely polite and knowledgeable; also, he gave my date and I enough space, time to talk, and enjoy our evening (I like that a lot). My girlfriend got the scallops and he let me try and a bite AND probably the best scallops I've had in my life. All the food was extremely fresh and delicious. Our server recommended getting the short-rib and it did not disappoint - very tender with great flavor. We also got the truffle fries and WOW those were incredible. All-in-all, I highly recommend going!Special Features:
- 1st time impressionbubbe4VIPDined on 10/3/2014Outstanding service and attention to detail, loved that the owners engaged with patrons; service personnel very knowledgeable of wine list & foods would definitely come backSpecial Features:
- Great foodtimDDined on 9/29/2014Very nice atmosphere. Great service. Portions were perfectly filling without waste. Raspberry Sorbet is incredible for dessert!Special Features:
- less than expectedMerryMarDined on 9/28/2014Eleven south has a nice atmosphere with what appeared to be a very active bar. The menu was interesting, though a little pricey. Our food was good, but not amazing for that cost. Might return for appetizers, soups, salads, since there were several on the menu that I may like to try.Special Features:
- Manager kept it from being horribleOneofthelsDined on 9/26/2014Arrived on time for our reservation and got a great vibe walking in. Great bar area. We were seated quickly outside. We ordered drinks and looked over the menu. We ordered our entrees and that's about when things turned for the worst. People that were seated long after us started receiving their food ahead of us. The table behind us was served the wrong dish and we overheard the waitress mention scallops which is what my wife ordered. She left the dish and told that table she wouldn't charge for the upgraded meal. Then the waitress came back and apologized and took the food back. Shortly thereafter our waiter brought the scallops to is and I lost it. The mgr recovered and gave us a gift cert for 2 entrees on a future visit.Special Features:
- jbjbVIPDined on 9/25/2014Went with friends for our September birthday celebration and as always, they did not disappoint. Everyone enjoyed their meals...Salmon, Tuna, Grouper. The Bone In Veal Chop was very good as was the Green/White Asparagus Soup with Truffle Oil -- both were specials for the night. Servers were attentive but did not hover. Eleven South is the best restaurant at the beach.Special Features:
- Great Date NightTonyDined on 9/20/2014I have been to 11 South on several occasions. It is one of the best places to take your date for dinner. The food is superb, the specials Devine, and the ambiance wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wine and atmosphereShelleyDined on 9/20/2014We had a group of 6 for dinner, sometimes it can be a tad difficult noise wise for conversation but we were seated in a comfy booth with pillows and it was perfect! Great wine list, delicious appetizers, soups and deserts as well as interesting specials. Ideal service too! No complaints from any of us...... If you have not dined here yet... it is time you did!Special Features:
- Consistent, Good.SLW01Dined on 9/19/2014The food is always timely and good. Great wine list. Great martinisSpecial Features:
- Always a great experience11southfanDined on 9/17/2014We love to come to Eleven South for special occasions, but any time you go to dinner there, it makes it feel like it is a special occasion. After eating at every "high end" rest. and bistro in Jax over the years, this is definitely the best food in town! There are no end to the sauces and glazes and xtra touches, and their steaks are Prime! Get the rib eye with reduction and truffle butter add on, its a steak lovers dream steak. What we love the most is to sit at the bar on Sundays(half-price bottles of select wines are a another bonus)and have bar apps and wine. It is warm a and inviting vibe, and the bar has such a cool retro look. Plus you get to watch the meats being grilled on the open pit oven. Our favorite place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the beachesBeachPoppaDined on 9/16/2014Entertained out of town guests and had a lovely time. Service is excellent, food is always superb and the atmosphere is perfect. This place is the class of Jax Beach. It's a great adult restaurant with a small but lively bar and an indoor or outdoor dining option. I have been many times and never been disappointed.Special Features:
- AwesomeAdivineliteDined on 9/14/2014From the time you valet, to being seating. Everything was absolutely wonderful, the food was very fresh, down to the sauce! My husband and I will definitely be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!dpr17Dined on 9/12/2014Eleven South is a must whenever we are in Ponte Vedra and they did not disappoint tonight! Fantastic service, amazing food, and a killer dessert. Christi did a great job with recommendations, and our food was perfect. The NY strip paired with a lobster tail was outstanding and the baseball sirloin and lobster baked potato was delicious. Topping it all off was what they call Coffee and Doughnuts - light coffee flavored custard, fresh beignets, and chocolate covered coffee beans! Wow! My second time eating there this week. Do not miss it whenever you are in Jax Beach or Ponte Vedra!Special Features:
- Nice but priceyNicebutpricey33Dined on 9/10/2014The food was yummy but over priced for the quantity.Special Features:
- Bad choiceSunnyDined on 9/9/2014Having been to 11 South many times before......and enjoyed it......this time was a bit disappointing. After a very nice appetizer, I ordered another appetizer as my entrée. It was tasteless. I will say, after having the chef taste same and agreeing with me, they did not charge me. However, everyone else at table was finished, so I didn't order anything else.....and left a bit hungry. I would still go back, however, as everyone else seemed to enjoy their meal.Special Features:
- Vegan request for special dinner!HappyVeganDined on 9/9/2014We are plant-based and enjoyed a fabulous vegan meal. The Chef was so polite and called ahead to learn what we wanted. He designed a special menu just for us! Truly great service for our special occasion and we were really impressed by the Chef catering to our needs with an elegant meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed!JaxfoodDined on 9/6/2014Everything was great about our experience at Eleven South, including the service, the food, and the ambiance. Waiter was very knowledgeable and friendly. This competes as one of the best restaurants in Jax.Special Features:
- Local Secret in Jax Beachfoodtour1Dined on 9/4/2014This is a great small dining est that is really been kept a gem in Jax Beach always the best and freshest seafood especially the black grouper and tuna tartare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upscale restaurant in Jax beachjaxdaughertyDined on 9/4/2014Took us awhile to get here.Food was great wait staff was wonderful hostess was a little rigid in her seating assignments otherwise a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated Hotspot for GeriatricsFoodiesinJaxDined on 8/30/2014Found the restaurant via open table app, but since we were so close we decided to just walk-in. The restaurant was empty except for 1 table but the hostess told us w/o a reservation they had no availability - pulled out my phone & clicked "confirm" for the reservation and suddenly they had room to seat us - very odd The food was pretty bland - after seeing the age of their other patrons we assumed they stopped using salt all together - The fried shallots were neither crispy nor hot The spooned raw bell peppers on top of the corn bisque, which completely overpowered any flavor other than raw bell pepper - the broccolini was cooked on such a high heat the outside was brown & burnt while still being raw inside. Would not go back.
- Fabulous Find!SouthernladyDined on 8/29/2014Visiting Jax Beach for a quick getaway, I read great reviews and decided to try 11 South. What a fabulous experience!! Truly exceptional food and exceptional service by Jeremy. We will be back and have already recommended to local friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Talking about!ShakalegDined on 8/29/2014One of our JAX Beach favs! Eleven South and Marker 32 are both worth worthy of your dining dollars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dineoutVIPDined on 8/27/2014I have been to this restuarant twice now and both times have been fantastic. The patio seating is very nice also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic first time!!LuvthisplaceVIPDined on 8/24/2014Awesome shrimp appetizer, goat cheese salad and lamb perfect!! Desserts and wine excellent!! Thanks Christy!!Special Features:
- A little busyJPSF68Dined on 8/20/2014Love 11 South. Been there many times. An expected party of about 40 arrived shortly after we arrived. Our dinner choices were good not great as they most often are. I want to attribute this to the kitchen being overloaded by such a large group.Special Features:
- friendswholunchVIPDined on 8/19/2014The patio is really nice for a quiet lunch with good friends. The service is always great and they make great soup and interesting salads.Special Features:
- Birthday funPvbobDined on 8/18/2014Arrived on time table ready, great waiter, delicious wine and food. A little noises from other parties celebrating same occasion. Fish was a good as ever. I think a menu overall haul is in order for the fall....never disappoints.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncooked LambCleanfoodDined on 8/18/2014We regularly eat at Eleven South & have recommended it to numerous friends. But to my dismay I was less then impressed this visit. It was my husbands birthday. Our server did not even acknowledge it. I had the rack of lamb. When it arrived at the table it was basically raw. Politely I asked them to cook it further. It came back cooked very rare. The gentlemen whom was the waiter didn't even ask if the lamb was okay or if they could bring me something else. It was a total lack of customer service. My husband has traveled all around the Middle East & has eaten lamb numerous times & he even couldn't eat it! It was a waste of $30 dollars! I requested veggies because I could not eat anything else do to a special diet. There were mushed & soggy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/17/2014As usual, the entrees were delicious although the 1/2 rack of lamb portion was quite small for the price. My husband's short rib entree was a better option in terms of value. And speaking of value, we took advantage of the half-price bottle of wine promotion offered on Sunday. Approximately 20% of the wine list is eligible for the discount and includes nice selections of most varietals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceHAYESVALLEYDined on 8/15/2014Knowledgable server, wine list more than adequateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.