Eleven South Bistro
216 11th Avenue South
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Eleven South Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elevensouth.com/
- Phone: 9042411112
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch : Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Eleven South offers delectable menus for all of your private party needs. Whether you are seeking a private dining room or a lovely get together on our outdoor patio, let us create a personalized experience for you and your guests with the unique atmosphere and menus that are unique to Eleven South.
- Private Party Contact: Sandy Ingalls 904-241-1112
A word from Eleven South Bistro
At Eleven South, our food philosophy is simple – a taste for every palate and a palette for every season. Our menu is the centerpiece of the dining experience and features an exclusive variety of seafood, steaks, fresh fish and pasta dishes. Our open flame mesquite wood grill is our distinction and adds delectable flavor to many of our signature dishes from our signature Sea Bass to our steaks and appetizers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Eleven South Bistro - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville Beach ›
Eleven South Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)romantic (60)neighborhood gem (60)fit for foodies (59)notable wine list (52)great for outdoor dining (35)vibrant bar scene (22)great for lunch (17)good for groups (14)hot spot (13)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Overrated Hotspot for GeriatricsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Found the restaurant via open table app, but since we were so close we decided to just walk-in. The restaurant was empty except for 1 table but the hostess told us w/o a reservation they had no availability - pulled out my phone & clicked "confirm" for the reservation and suddenly they had room to seat us - very odd The food was pretty bland - after seeing the age of their other patrons we assumed they stopped using salt all together - The fried shallots were neither crispy nor hot The spooned raw bell peppers on top of the corn bisque, which completely overpowered any flavor other than raw bell pepper - the broccolini was cooked on such a high heat the outside was brown & burnt while still being raw inside. Would not go back.
- Fabulous Find!SouthernladyDined on 8/29/2014Visiting Jax Beach for a quick getaway, I read great reviews and decided to try 11 South. What a fabulous experience!! Truly exceptional food and exceptional service by Jeremy. We will be back and have already recommended to local friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Talking about!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014One of our JAX Beach favs! Eleven South and Marker 32 are both worth worthy of your dining dollars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dineoutVIPDined on 8/27/2014I have been to this restuarant twice now and both times have been fantastic. The patio seating is very nice also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic first time!!LuvthisplaceVIPDined on 8/24/2014Awesome shrimp appetizer, goat cheese salad and lamb perfect!! Desserts and wine excellent!! Thanks Christy!!Special Features:
- A little busyJPSF68Dined on 8/20/2014Love 11 South. Been there many times. An expected party of about 40 arrived shortly after we arrived. Our dinner choices were good not great as they most often are. I want to attribute this to the kitchen being overloaded by such a large group.Special Features:
- friendswholunchVIPDined on 8/19/2014The patio is really nice for a quiet lunch with good friends. The service is always great and they make great soup and interesting salads.Special Features:
- Birthday funPvbobDined on 8/18/2014Arrived on time table ready, great waiter, delicious wine and food. A little noises from other parties celebrating same occasion. Fish was a good as ever. I think a menu overall haul is in order for the fall....never disappoints.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncooked LambCleanfoodDined on 8/18/2014We regularly eat at Eleven South & have recommended it to numerous friends. But to my dismay I was less then impressed this visit. It was my husbands birthday. Our server did not even acknowledge it. I had the rack of lamb. When it arrived at the table it was basically raw. Politely I asked them to cook it further. It came back cooked very rare. The gentlemen whom was the waiter didn't even ask if the lamb was okay or if they could bring me something else. It was a total lack of customer service. My husband has traveled all around the Middle East & has eaten lamb numerous times & he even couldn't eat it! It was a waste of $30 dollars! I requested veggies because I could not eat anything else do to a special diet. There were mushed & soggy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/17/2014As usual, the entrees were delicious although the 1/2 rack of lamb portion was quite small for the price. My husband's short rib entree was a better option in terms of value. And speaking of value, we took advantage of the half-price bottle of wine promotion offered on Sunday. Approximately 20% of the wine list is eligible for the discount and includes nice selections of most varietals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceHAYESVALLEYDined on 8/15/2014Knowledgable server, wine list more than adequateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrateMw2eDined on 8/12/2014Wonderful dining experience for 8 people to celebrate an 86th birthday! Food was spectacular and the sever, even better than that! Thank you....Special Features:
- Continued ExcellenceJaxBeacherDined on 8/7/2014Eleven South has been our favorite restaurant at the Beaches for at least five years. It's somewhat remarkable that a restaurant can maintain its personality and quality of food and service for such an extended period, but Eleven South does just that. While the bar area is clearly a local favorite meeting area, we prefer the dining rooms - both inside and out on the patio. We recommend Eleven South to all our friends and will continue to do so based on our recent experiences this summer.Special Features:
- Sit on the patioOPZODined on 7/29/2014Did you notice how I said the "noise level" was quiet? That is only true if you sit outside. There you can enjoy your meal and easily converse with your dinner partners. Inside the energy and noise level is high so unless that's what you're looking for you might be uncomfortable. Regardless, inside or outside the service and meals were very enjoyable. I heard raves about the salmon over pappardelle and my rack of lamb was very good.Special Features:
- First Time ExperienceJayJayDined on 7/26/2014A beautiful place! My husband and I decided on this restaurant to celebrate his birthday. We really hate the typical chain restaurants like Ruby Tuesdays, Red Lobster, etc. (so those are ALWAYS out of the question) and even other restaurants in Jax aren't really worth the time or money spent in their establishment. It wasn't hard at all to fall in love with this place. There was a great vibe and great service before you even walk in the door! The food tasted great and the presentation was just as nice. Another romantic spot for my husband and I to enjoy a great evening out in Jax!Special Features:
- Negative 11OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Small intimate looking place, tables are only inches from each other. Noise level inside was deafening. You're totally in your neighbors conversations. We were seated in the middle of the dining room and the waitstaff put their hands on our chairs at our table and bumped us every time they walked by (I moved my seat to the other side), then they just kept hitting the table and not me personally. Very burnt prosciutto on shrimp appetizer, again black burnt prosciutto on chicken saltimbocca. Sloppy presentation of side dishes and just disappointing quality in the food prep and execution. Steak very fatty. Went somewhere else even for dessert and coffee it was that disappointing. Valet parking was perfect! That's about it.
- Great placejll4Dined on 7/26/2014Eleven south is an awesome restaurant. You will not be disappointed. Food and service are excellent!Special Features:
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Exceptional food, outstanding service. Top 5 places in entire Jacksonville arezSpecial Features:
- SnickDined on 7/15/2014Everything was perfect. Great service abd wonderful food. A variety of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhanceDined on 7/14/2014This is one of our favorites due to food, service levels. The bar can be a distraction because of noise which effects ambiance and romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathyVIPDined on 7/9/2014As usual, it was a wonderful dining experience from start to finish. The cheese course was excellent, as was the wine, and our steaks and lobster were perfectly cooked. The spinach and frites sides were tasty, and the dessert that we split was decadent. We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchfriendswholunchVIPDined on 7/9/2014The patio is wonderful for a well paced lunch with friends. We try to visit about once a month and love to sit on the patio and have some wine and bread prior to our main course. The staff is very attentive but you will not feel rushed.Special Features:
- IMO. Best resturant in areaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014Have been here 4 times during our vacation stay in the ponte vedra area. Never disappointed . Upscale , fine service, interesting but approachable menu. Would not hesitate to recommend at all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014Great service and very good food.close to my home so easy access.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/6/2014One of our favorite places. The menu is hard to choose - 3 guests had fish - scallops and grouper were amazing. One had two appetizers - a duck special which was very unusual and delicious. The service is always good and consistent.Special Features:
- Had a great experienceTrpvDined on 7/5/2014Recently dined at Eleven South, food and service were excellent. Wine selection great. Cheese plate appetizer off the chart. Will return as soon as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Independence Day Dinner w/ a Bang!!diningout63Dined on 7/4/2014This night was a special offering for the 4th, with valet parking & a short walk to the beach to view the fireworks!! We were fortunate find a place the bar, so we could socialize and have a view of the open fire hearth used for cooking! Martha, as always, was a friendly and attentive bartender and server! We chose the Classic Wedge Salad, with an awesome Blue cheese dressing, followed by the Basil Parmesan Fettuccine topped with a large portion of Grilled Atlantic Salmon that was absolutely delicious!! The house Chardonnay is very enjoyable, and on Happy Hour $3.50 a glass. We love the Belle Glos Pinot Noir, with the sliders, but that will be next time!! Topped the meal off with a delicious glass of the Laetitia Brut Rose Sparkling Wine!!Special Features:
- Excellent Food and MartinifoodismythingDined on 7/4/2014We are never disappointed when dining at Eleven South. The Martini's are the right temperature and taste. The food cooked to perfection as requested, and the ability to choose your sides and preparation confirms that everything is cooked to order. Add something, take something away, adjust to your pallet.......The service is attentive yet not over bearing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014Wonderful restaurant. It's nice and quiet, a real luxury today.Special Features:
- DisappointedBigWallyDined on 6/29/2014Eleven South has been our favorite restaurant for several years. Two nights ago we dined there with friends. The corn chowder was OK. A fettuccini dish was very bland. It had far too many ingredients, and the sauce bordered on tasteless. When will American chefs learn that less is often more? In Italy the chef would have had a single ingredient, e.g. artichokes or asparagus and a delicious cream sauce. Very disappointing meal. Any restaurant can have an off night. We will return but select dishes more carefully. One friend ordered the lamb chops, and he indicated they were excellent.Special Features:
- OK, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/27/2014The price value is not there. For the price I expected a much better food experience then we had. The escargot were different with overkill of tarragon, and under amount of garlic. Fish was ok but the portion was too small.Special Features:
- Don't misss this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Jacksonville Beach jewel. Food is always excellent. Service very good. Just learned we could bring our own wine for a corkage fee. Think we will try that next time. Three different entrees and three different salads at our table and all enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinnerGeorgeT56Dined on 6/26/2014My wife and I eat out a lot and during a work conf we had the opportunity to visit 11 South. The dinner and service was FABULOUS. The place is loud however so I would not call it a romantic spot. We would highly recommend this place and will definitely visit there again if in the JAX area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Local SpotPingVIPDined on 6/24/2014This restaurant is attractive but pricey. The three cheese appetizer is skimpy for the price and the cheese portions are miserly. I will not order this again. The scallops with risotto were excellent and well presented. The steak my husband ordered had a lot of gristle and had no taste. This is the second time he has ordered steak at Eleven South and he has been disappointed both times. We won't be ordering steak again. Our martinis were well prepared. I like Eleven South but I wish they would pay more attention to the portions and quality of their raw materials. If the food was a little better, we would go there more often. Upscale ambiance does not always translate into good value for money.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/11/2014Great restaurant with good selection of food. Requested salad dressing on the side and was told that it was light. Not the case in my opinion. Overall a great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/10/2014Great dining place at the beach. Fantastic menu and wine list. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- very nice -- will be backElenaVIPDined on 6/8/2014Probably one of the best places in Jacksonville. Service was great. Food was amazing. I loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itMissyGDined on 6/7/2014This was my first time eating at the restaurant and the first thing that impressed me was the valet parking. The restaurant had a nice aura and I loved it very much.Special Features:
- Excellent findQualityOneDined on 6/7/2014A nice car parked in the parking lot, I'm thinking it was the owner's vehicle. I drive trough the parking lot in front of the building and it appeared to be a nice place I would like to try. A couple of days go by; I go on line. Much to my surprise I was very impressed about the restaurant's web-site. An impressive menu that a lot of thought went into. Menu selections to accommodate different palate tastes. Excellent appetizer choices, main dinner selections and desserts. Not at all expensive considering the "QUALITY". The service was 'SUPERB". There was an assistant to assist the waiter who was just outstanding. This is "NOT" a chain restaurant. A proprietor who knows the restaurant business!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than evereagleVIPDined on 5/31/2014We have always found this restaurant to be spot on!,and it has not changed,we be back more frequently,Catherine great job.Special Features: