eleven plates & wine
3801 N Capital of Texas Hwy
Austin, TX 78746Neighborhood:
West Austin / Westlake
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
eleven plates & wine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elevenplates.com/
- Phone: (512) 328-0110
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm. Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 3pm - 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Dominique Labeaud
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Office Box Lunches – For up to 30 guests, we can deliver box lunches to your staff for a quick, healthy lunch.
Corporate Catering – Have a large staff, but no time to go off-site for lunch? We can bring a full-service catering to your office.
Private Home Catering – The perfect party for you and your friends in your own home. From hand-passed tapas to a full dinner.
- Private Party Facilities: Wine Wall – Seating up to 12 guests, the semi-private tall tables lining the wine wall make an excellent happy hour and small party spot.
Wine Room – Seating for a plated event for up to 28 guests or a standing-mingling event for up to 40, our private dining room can offer a unique dining experience for you and your guests.
Great Room – Seating up to 55 guests, our main dining room is bright and open able to configure into many different types of seating arrangements. This room can be made available for private events. The entire restaurant may also be bought out, plated dinner service for up to 30, buffet and hand-passed service for up to 120.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Swartz 512-328-0110x
- Special Events: Visit elevenplates.com to view our upcoming events and to join our mailing list.
A word from eleven plates & wine
Eleven Plates & Wine is a casual wine bar that offers new American food that’s locally sourced and made fresh daily. Our wine list features over 100 fine wines from around the world as well as 11 different LOCAL beer selections. Come in and enjoy anything from a great hamburger to an elegant duck confit and – of course – some terrific wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
eleven plates & wine - Best Restaurants in West Austin / Westlake ›
eleven plates & wine reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (24)notable wine list (21)great for outdoor dining (17)scenic view (10)special occasion (9)great for lunch (8)good for groups (7)romantic (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- good food good winejohnMDined on 11/14/201411 is hidden upstairs in Davenport Village at 360 and Westlake. It is definitely worth a trip up the stairs. The noise level allows conversation. The food has been excellent both times we have been there. Nice variety in the wine list. Vegetarian friendly. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Great!iheartfoodDined on 11/8/2014The food was very good, and reasonably priced! Wait staff were attentive, friendly and casual. Atmosphere was nice, but not stuffy. We started with wild boar wings - YUM! Fell off the bone and super moist. The glaze was delicious. Hubby had salmon. I had pork steak. We cleaned our plates! For dessert we shared the lava cake. Perfect little treat for two. Best to call ahead for reservations. It's not very big and does fill up quickly. We sat in the back room. A little cozier than the front room, for us.Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointingHerndonDined on 11/1/2014Had a birthday dinner here. The table was ready when our party of 6 arrived. The menu selections were balanced and ample. The most disappointing aspect of the experience was the service. Our waitress was very nice and friendly. However, the attentiveness lacked. We had to ask for several things that should have been obvious. One member of our party ordered the Steak Frits. the steak was order rare plus and came out well. When he cut into the steak and discovered the error he tried several times to get the attention of a wait person to return the steak. He finally took the steak toward the kitchen where he ran into three wait people huddled and conversing. One of them took the steak back. When it returned it was cooked properly.Special Features:
- Needs some RefinementRevlimiterVIPDined on 10/31/2014Overall experience was good. Service wasn't perfect but was acceptable. This is a small place, great neighborhood gem. We didn't find it noisy as some reviewers had noted. They do have some high tables on the side that are quieter if that is an issue for some patrons. they could also sit outside. Wine list is great. They have a choice of eleven different entries (thus the name) so anyone should find something they want or like. Food was good and the value was great. I will come back. As a wine bar, it's great. As a wine bar with full entries, it's good. As a restaurant, it is not the best but certainly not bad.Special Features:
- Always a winner!MimiDined on 10/22/2014I am always amazed by the great food! I especially love the cheese plate and the delicious brussel sprouts!Special Features:
- krayDined on 10/6/2014Menu is limited, but the quality of food if wonderful. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay but not greatMarleepsDined on 9/29/2014We tried this restaurant for the first time while visiting Austin. It was pricey for lunch with less than exceptional food. The gazpacho had a very vinegar undertone that was not pleasant and left me wishing I had ordered the less expensive cup than the whole bowl. Burgers were average at best. Service was slow but the worst part was the staff. There was not a smile in the place. It was almost as if they had rather be somewhere else than serving our table of four. We left with a bigger bill than anticipated, saw no reason to order dessert and snacked in the afternoon before our painting session, I would not recommend this restaurant nor would we return.Special Features:
- 11 Plates is our Go-ToAusDanDined on 9/26/2014Fantastic food and great vibe. This is probably our most frequented restaurant in Austin. Love the friendly service, and can't beat the food. The Steak Frites and the Hangar Steak are excellent. Also, you must try the brownie dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BetsyDined on 9/22/2014Wonderful food and quiet so we could hear each other talk!!Special Features:
- Great birthday dinner!wjk1431Dined on 9/20/2014Everyone at the table commented that their food was excellent. Service was a bit slow and occasionally lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Nice ExperienceP31202VIPDined on 9/5/2014A great destination for a light meal (small plates) and a couple of glasses of wine. Service has always been excellent. Just know it is a very loud room if lots of people are dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always spot on here.2foodloversDined on 8/28/2014We've eaten here 3 or 4 times in the last year; lunch and dinner. The menu is very creative, fresh, local ingredients. We always have high hopes but leave less than thrilled with the service. This week we went for a group lunch of 8 on a weekday, 11:30 to beet the crowd a little. Food was, great, came out fast. Brussel sprout appetizers, salmon salad, grass fed burgers, caprese salad & grilled chicken sandwhich, redfish bib lettuce tacos with lemon aioli, blistered tomatoes (my selection) and everyone raved about their dishes. Then the server disappeared as the lunch crowd grew. She was server, hostess & bar tender making mixed drinks. Not a great idea at your busiest time of the day. I've had the same slow service many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RestaurantwinberiesVIPDined on 8/9/2014The owner Mike is fantastic. we actually did a wine tasting before the dinner, so we met the owner Mike. He came to our table later to talk with us. He has done a wonderful job with the restaurant since it opened. Many people have told me they went to it when it first opened a few years ago and the service was bad and they didn't have a great experience. The owner is more involved now and he changed chefs and the waitstaff is very good. We go there often and you should also. The food is great. it is a small menu , thus the name 11 plates. But everything is great. I think I've had everything on the menu already, but having it again is just as good as the 1st time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Wine with a ViewAdventurerDined on 8/4/2014Very tasty food. Salmon cooked to order with very nice lemon vinaigrette. Hanger steak with very interesting salsa marinade. The mac and cheese was very cheesy with a crunch. All this accompanied with beautiful views of the Hill Country.Special Features:
- txagdinertxagdinerDined on 8/4/2014Service was really good. The waitress was very knowledgeable, helpful and personable. All of our meals were excellent and very tasty. The dining room was pretty full but still not too loud.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood diningDinerminerDined on 8/1/2014Excellent contemporary menu, great service, original cocktail drinks, and warm ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food near 360christyDined on 7/26/2014This Davenport Village restaurant is a find. The food is consistently very good although I wish they'd freshen up the menu periodically to add variety. The shaded porch is delightful. Excellent wine choices that aren't just the same old thing.Special Features:
- The following 275 reviews are from the eleven plates & wine reviews archive.
- Nice surprise.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014We were pleasantly surprised by this neat little bistro in Westlake. Everyone at our table enjoyed their meal. We will definitely return. When the weather cools a bit we will dine outside on the pretty balcony.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great care for my Mom's 94 birthdaySsmmrrDined on 7/10/2014The food was wonderful, the atmosphere was exactly as requested and most especially, the service was so caring for my a Mom.Special Features:
- great little restaurantsus9nrDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant is small so I would recommend a reservation especially if you have more then 4 people. It is a place where you can relax with a glass of wine and have a great conversation. The food was good. We had the wild boar wings which were tender and tastey. For entrees we had the pork steak which was very juicy. I had the red fish which was good but the artichoke mix that was on top over powered it. A dressing had the steak which he enjoyed and another off or group had the lamb chops which he said lacked flavor. The brownie desert was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulous!!!Happy2eatDined on 6/20/2014I love this restaurant!! The food is outstanding and the service is flawless!!Special Features:
- Too loudfms1103Dined on 6/12/2014I would hardly call the noise level "energetic". It was so loud that we could not hear each other across the table. It was even hard for the waitress to hear us when we were trying to place an order. The bar scene was quite lively. The redfish and steak were very good. We will probably not dine there again because of the noisy atmosphere.
- A little disappointingdrntxVIPDined on 6/3/2014Went to eleven plates and wine on a Tuesday evening. The restaurant was maybe a third full, so not overly crowded and appeared to be appropriately staffed. However, the service was pretty poor, waitress took order, brought 2 glasses of wine, then we waited for almost an hour for the food (ordered off the regular eleven selection menu). The quality of the food was marginal and the portions very skimpy (I am used to small portions for high-end cuisine or small plates) especially for full entrees that were pretty basic. I always look for excuses for poor service, such as understaffing or unexpected situations, but this situation seemed more like apathy or a training issue. Overall a nice venue. Hopefully they will get it together.
- Consistently well prepared dishesTXBBCVIPDined on 5/31/2014Eleven Plates offers an excellent bar serving original "craft cocktails" (try the ZFashion if you're a bourbon drinker) and reasonably priced wines to accompany a changing menu of specials that add variety to the staples on the dinner menus. The everyday menu -offers the usual selection of salmon and a white fish or two, chicken , steak, pork ribs, lamb chops and a house burger but all entrees are well prepared using locally sourced ingredients when practical. I've never been disappointed by the preparation, ingredients or presentation of our dinner. This is a pleasant place to have dinner with the spouse or with friends and the atmosphere is casual enough that families with with children can dine comfortably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great All AroundGoodEaterDined on 5/30/2014Nice wine list. Choice of 6 or 9 oz wine by the glass is great when a bottle is too much but normal glass is too little. Never disappointed with Chef's original creations. Best salmon I've ever had. Nice original cocktail list as well. Service is attentive, but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchHsoliverDined on 5/27/2014Best turkey sandwich I've ever had! Brewed iced tea at your table...such a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 11 PLATES = NO BIRTHDAYSOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014Food was amazing. Hospitality=COLD. Greeter at the door which I came to find out later was actually a manager unbelievably rude. It was my fiancé's birthday so we happily decided to try 11 plates as we heard it had great food. Food was superb. Water was served right when we sat down. Drink orders took 20 minutes, 2 of those being draft beers, not acceptable. Appetizers were brought and we had no appetizer plates. I waited 5 minutes then had to get up and ask for plates. I later saw the (rude) manager hanging on a guy at the bar. I brought in a cake for a BIRTHDAY...HELLO! Manager SCOLDED me for brining in a cake yet made no accommodations for my fiancé's Bday..even though I put this in the comment section when I reserved a table.Special Features:
- The French Fries!pbillings512Dined on 5/21/2014The french fries that came with my burger were very addictive. I could have eaten an entire plate of just the fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Craft Cocktails and small...yumFoodaholicVIPDined on 5/20/2014Eleven has a great concept, which fit perfectly for us the other night. Known for its excellent wine selections, we discovered an inventive menu of craft cocktails and small plates, in addition to a wideranging full dinner menu. But our appetites tended towards a smorgasbord of smaller plates (sort of like tapas) and we made a meal of several along with an assortment of their craft beverages...making for a very nice experience without getting too stuffed!Special Features:
- Very disappointedCvisitorVIPDined on 5/14/2014Decided to try the restaurant week menu, and went with the waiter's recommendations. Really weird food. Started with the small lamb sausage links (bad appetizer -- and I like lamb), followed by a high-priced truffle burger that was ordered medium well -- came out rather pink and dripping with grease. Not much taste for the price. Tons of fries, which were the best part of the meal. And a dessert that was something that you might have with High Tea (but with coffee) -- but not at all what I pictured from the waiter's description. Maybe their other food is good, but this was a really poor introduction if they were trying to lure return customers through Restaurant Week participation.
- A favoriteKKWAustinDined on 5/9/2014This restaurant has never failed me. The food is consistently great, service is extremely good, and setting is lovely. At times I forget about this neighbor gem since I do not go by this location on a regular basis, but when I go, I am always pleased and vow to return soon again. I had the red snapper with artichokes and yummed it down til the plate was clean. The chocolate dessert is just way too good...just order it and deal with calories later. Wine list is nice and prices are good for the quality. This restaurant is just darn good, period!Special Features:
- Good lunch but don't take your timeSunriseVIPDined on 5/2/2014We had a birthday luncheon there. the food was good but the Brussels sprouts were excellent! our waiter seemed a bit exasperated by my group of friends. We hadn't seen each other in a while took our time before looking at the menu and making our lunch choices. He seemed irritated by the fact that we were not paying attention to him when he came to try to take our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive fare, with a view, too!FoodaholicVIPDined on 4/28/2014A great find in the Davenport Village center in Westlake, Eleven P&W (despite the odd name) has many more items on their menu than just eleven, do don't be deterred from sampling this delicious spot. A great place to sit outdoors on the shaded porch overlooking the Hill Country, the service was mpeccable and attentive, without being invasive. The meals were tasty, and nice twists on old favorites. AS this was lunch we didn't explore the wines being served, but the wine list looked intriguing and worthy of a return trip.Special Features:
- Great foodCGaustinDined on 4/24/2014The menu is varied and the food was great. The service was not great and our server was sort of surly. We will try it once more. If the service doesn't pick up, we will go elsewhere. There are too many great places in Austin to put up with mediocre service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014I was somewhat disappointed in the menu for Easter brunch. The quality was very good but simply not my choice for brunch fare.Special Features:
- Another fun eveningNjwatxVIPDined on 3/29/2014They always tuck us in a quiet corner when I request it. Appreciate that! Many were dining outside this time, but the weather was still a little too cool for us. Great food and service. Go with good friends and you'll have a perfect time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great but theippoDined on 3/28/2014The food was great but the noise level is very high inside in the side roomSpecial Features:
- Great find!TexgirlDined on 3/17/2014I went here for my birthday with family members and was blown away by the great service and delicious entrees. The fried brussel sprouts were especially good, as were the salmon and frito misto entrees. When my husband made reservations online, he told them it would be my birthday, and I was so surprised when the wait staff all wished me happy birthday, and even brought champagne on the house. The restaurant is kid friendly and there were several items on the kids menu to choose from. They even brought my 10 year old a cherry flavored water in a champagne glass that he could toast with. The prickly pear margaritas are to die for! Great job Eleven plates! We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 11 plateswinberiesVIPDined on 3/15/2014we've been here many times. have never been disappointed. i've had everything on the menu now, since there are just 11 plates. food is always good. service is always friendly and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RepeatableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2014We had a delicious dinner out on the porch while the sun was going down. I had the arugula and grilled asparagus salad with manchego. Delish! My husband and I share the steak frites. The aoli was addictive. We ended with the bread pudding. It was warm comfort food. I nice evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.