1677 N Main Street
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eleverestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9259791677x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pmn & Bar Serves to Midnight, Sunday Brunch 10:30 - 2:30pm & Dinner 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian, Pan-Asian, Vietnamese
- Executive Chef: Michele Nguyen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private upstairs dining room can accommodate up to 80 people for sit down dinner and 100 for cocktail reception.
- Private Party Contact: Michele Nguyen 9259791677x
- Special Events: We can easily accommodate everything from a small private group event to 150+ people. Whether it's the formal upstairs setting with its grand windows, modern downstairs with full counter bar, or the entire 6000 square foot two-story restaurant.
A word from Eleve Restaurant
Élevé is a modern Vietnamese restaurant located in downtown Walnut Creek, one block from Lesher Center for the Arts. We offer a casual dining experience that delivers exceptional cocktails, wines, personable service and high quality food. Our menu is an update on classic Vietnamese cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Eleve Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (12)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (10)special occasion (9)great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- hardcastleDined on 8/1/2014Convenient to the theatre which is good but too noisy and the drinks were too expensive. Not a good choice for a visit with a friend with hearing loss. Also it didnt have the ambience I expected. I will probably not be back.Special Features:
- Price not worth the valuezglsn49Dined on 7/31/2014I met my girlfriend there for dinner on a Tuesday night. The restaurant is conveniently located in downtown Walnut Creek. It is a very stylish and contemporary. That said, we had 2 drinks each which were ridiculously priced. My Tito's vodka martini was $19 which is more than the cost of an entire bottle. We had 2 drinks each, 2 appetizers and 1 main course. The total with tip was $157. I will not be going back to this restaurant unless I hear that they address the stupid cost of drinks.
- Great Food and ServiceQuietVIPDined on 7/1/2014We went here to celebrate a special anniversary and Eleve was the perfect spot. We usually spotlight the food first -and it was excellent. But the service was really, really good: professional, friendly, prompt, responsive. We each had a salad (she the kale and me the arugula). The salads were fresh, tasty and large! We shared the filet mignon entree, which was sufficient for our appetites. All was accompanied by an excellent malbec (thanks to the waitress' recommendation).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's an East Bay "Slanted Door"TrLoveDined on 6/21/2014This is a win-win for a theater night in Walnut Creek. Awesome cocktails first. Then a perfectly designed eclectic dinner menu that contained something adventurous for each of our picky diets. Every dish was perfectly prepared. Beef Carpaccio bursting with flavor; savory Pork Firepot; Roasted Chicken Salad was fresh and surprising; and the Carmelized Prawns were jewels.Special Features:
- Food was GOOD!!!LikeableDined on 6/18/2014Yes, it may appear to be pricey but I feel it is well worth it. It is similar to a topas bar based on the quantity of food for the pricingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for drinks and...OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/13/2014We have eaten here four times in the past year. Very pleasant staff at all stations. Comfortable seating inside and out. Close to Lesher Center so perfect for before or after a show. Vietnamese cuisine with lots of interesting spice.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseLetsEatVIPDined on 5/17/2014Have not frequented this restaurant because parking is not that easy, but definitely will be back. Excellent drinks, and service. My friend and I shared the citrus salad and it terrific. Then we had an order of Brussels sprouts and filet mignon which were really flavorful. Noisy and decor is not my style, but would still say GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service okay, lacking valueandyhollinDined on 5/16/2014Although the location is on the edge of downtown, the setting is nice with the floor to ceiling windows and it's decorated nicely inside with a modern feel. The food was pretty good and at least one of the three beers on tap was pretty good with a good selection of beers in bottles. The service simply wasn't up to par with the $45/person per meal price. To be honest- I was disappointed as from the outside I always looked at Eleve as the restaurant I would own if I were in the business, but I'm not so sure after dining there.
- Great, but not for vegansOakvgnDined on 5/16/2014Great food, but not outstanding for vegans. Several dishes I'd hoped to order had hidden non-vegan ingredients (like the eggplant, which had butter and the garlic sauce which was not vegan). They accommodated me by making some green beans with tofu in a soy sauce with salt/pepper, which was decently tasty, but a bit dry. Quite overpriced at $18. I can get a wide variety of much more delicious vegan tofu/veggie dishes for much less elsewhere. With some minor shifts and accommodations, I would be happy to recommend the place and return often, pre-Lesher shows. Service was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautifully prepared, yummy foodKKluvsgoodfoodDined on 5/11/2014Eleve is a gem of a restaurant! The service was excellent, the food beautifully prepared and presented, and extremely flavorful. The specialty cocktails are great. We had several dishes and appetizers to share bad enjoyed all. The calamari was lightly batter fried- perfect! The eggplant ans shrimp very flavorful, and the Brussels sprouts tasty. Can't go wrong! Please eat here and support this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North end GemKoolpopa838Dined on 5/9/2014The absolute best cocktails. The attention to detail, the emphasis on the ingredients right down to the size of the ice cubes separates these guys from the rest. And the rest includes the entire east bay. The staff is on the spot with device, a smile and an answer for every question. What a great findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealWildElkVIPDined on 5/6/2014Katie was our server and she was nice and very knowledgeable on all menu items and cocktails. We enjoyed our meals pet her recommendations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guide Dogs and the ADA?AllegroDined on 5/3/2014We had reservations. The couple ahead, without reservations, got a four-top booth. We were led to a two top. Noting the size of the table for Allegro to squeeze under., we asked if this was the best table for us, and asked the couple next to us if they were OK with dogs.There were empty tables so it seemed important to ask- though we asked on the restaurant's behalf.After we ordered, the management came by and asked us to move the Guide Dog to the other side of the table- without asking the seated guests next to us. He said a reservation would be soon seated at the four- top next to us.A half hour later, a couple sat down. The food is good: Still, not feeling welcomed as a customer with a disability leaves a bad taste in one's mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get out of town.............ToeatornottoeatDined on 4/26/2014Our third visit did was spot on again. Great location with comfortable ambiance, blended Vietnamese food & novel cocktails, expedient, knowledgeable service............removed from the downtown commotion. Come here to have a great meal with friends, not to be seen. We will return for the patio when the weather warms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Asian than VietnameserobinVIPDined on 4/26/2014We enjoyed the food we had at Eleve and the service was very fast and good. Eleve bills itself as gourmet Vietnamese. Though the food was good, it was typical Asian, somewhat like PF Chang's, rather than a gourmet Vietnamese. We didn't find any signature dishes that made us feel like we had to go back to try again.
- The following 458 reviews are from the Eleve Restaurant reviews archive.
- theater choice1nuttynanaDined on 4/17/2014Thus is our choice when going to play afier dinner. Food is good not excellent. Service is normally very good. Price is high for size of servings. Usually quiet at earlier dinner hours and easy to have a nice conversstion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDavidandPatDined on 4/12/2014Eleve is a true find (although I've been there many times before). Everything about it is terrific. A unique dining experience for someone who likes Vietnamese food but hasn't experienced gourmet Vietnamese food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very vegetarian friendlySandyDined on 4/5/2014I'm a vegan and up to now, almost every Asian restaurant I've ever been to, has been very accommodating and I've always had multiple choices. Not here. There was only two salads and one entree that could be converted to vegan. But even more than that, my vegetarian friend also had a difficult time because they put fish sauce on almost everything (including salad dressings!). I'm not sure why they couldn't just leave out the fish sauce on some of the other entrees. Anyway, the curry I had (replacing chicken with tofu) was good, but obviously since that is the only thing I could eat, I probably won't be returning. It's a little pricey too and very noisy (at least on Saturday night).Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicetom1938Dined on 4/5/2014Excellent food and service as usual. Always a good spot for a special event.Special Features:
- Enjoyed appetizers-only dinnerLocaldinerDined on 3/29/2014Three appetizers with a glass of wine was plenty for us two ladies before the theatre. Easily shared and each very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014We had a glass of wine, a cocktail, and the calamari starter prior to an event at the Lesher Center (short walk away). We were seated at a very nice table for two at the front window. Staff was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. Interior was modern and tasteful. Noise level was moderate - we could easily talk with a sense of privacy. Starter and drinks were all good. We did not have a full meal, but menu looked inviting. We would go back and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delectable Food!AGuilloryDined on 3/29/2014The Shrimp Spring Rolls, dumplings and ceviche are to die for! Highly recommended place for great food and ambience! Chicken with yellow curry was delicious with their jasmine brown rice.Special Features:
- Met expectations for foodNotafanDined on 3/21/2014Met expectations for food - good flavors and quality ingredients. Small portions for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePickAndGoDined on 3/19/2014It was a great experience. Foods were good and great service! Our server was very friendly! We had good time there and definitely will come back with friends!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and high noise levelSummerDined on 3/14/2014Five of us dined and enjoyed the food. There were two drawbacks to our experience. Unfortunately, Eleve does not accommodate groups of 5 well. There are only tables that seat four comfortably. And, it was difficult to hear one another. So, my recommendation is to sit outside and enjoy good food and conversation! The upstairs, although mentioned in their website as an area to dine, was not available on this Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Eleve!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014Great Vietnamese food, great cocktails, fun servers! We loved this place and will definitely be back. My only complaint was it was hard to find parking on a Saturday night, but after several circles we found a spot and it was as free!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great apps and drinks. Diverse menuKK925Dined on 3/1/2014Eleve definitely impressed! The drinks were so delicious (pisco sour and Moscow mule) and well-crafted and presented. Also, the shrimp spring rolls and ceviche were stellar, but I wish the ceviche had more fish. I recommend the fish hot pot if you like updated Asian cuisine. It was rich and filling but not oil heavy at all, very well-prepared. I'm not crazy about the small tables, but the service made up for it. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and timely!HappyVIPDined on 2/22/2014This was our first time to Eleve - 6 PM,Saturday, 2/22. We allowed time because we had tickets for show at Lesher Theater. Our reservation was acknowledged and we were seated immediately. Prompt, friendly, knowledgeable service followed. Every dish was amazingly tasty! We will certainly go back and will share the experience with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Datejegar44Dined on 2/15/2014I chose Eleve as the spot for a first date. We were seated early when we arrived 15 minutes early. The waitress was courteous and knowledgeable. The food was great. We started with appetizers. I had the dumplings and my date had the prawns. The prawns were excellent. The dumplings I thought were a little chewy, but flavorful. My date had the crab entrée and I had the Cornish hen. Both were top rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vday experienceRum5Dined on 2/14/2014Went here for date night dinner. Nice setting, quiet and intimate. Service was a little delayed but overall good. Food was very delicious and uniqueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, small portionsVdaydinerDined on 2/14/2014Food solid, consistently good but not stellar. Portions quite small. 2 starters, 2 entrees, and dessert left this party of 2 still hungry. Service was ok. Attentive enough, but again, not outstanding. Cocktails are phenomenal, though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/5/2014The food and service were superb. It is a little out of my price range for it to be a place we go regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTEDDdslauraDined on 1/31/2014Brought a group of 8 people for an office celebration. We were seated at the large table next to the bar. We were having a good time and laughing. We were scolded by the waiter/manager. What a turn off! This was my second time at this restaurant and at the same table with a large group. I will NOT be returning. There are too many nice restaurants in WC to waste money here. Food was marginal at best.
- It was on the expensive sideOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/26/2014It was on the expensive side and the portion was small. Food was only fair, nothing special.
- The food was wonderful andwmpgalVIPDined on 1/25/2014The food was wonderful and our waitress was pleasant but incompetent! It took her a long time to come back to the table after her first pass when we weren't ready to order yet. She took the drink menu away when we said we didn't want cocktails before dinner so that we had to have her bring it back so we could look at the wine list. In spite of those and other irritations, I'd recommend Eleve to a friend and we will go back. The prawn and dumpling appetizers, mango salad and mushroom side dish were all winners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2014Nice cocktails and good food. A bit noisy. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful flavor and freshLindaDined on 12/31/2013My husband had the rack of pork and said it was the best he has had and I had the crab with noodles . You could taste the fresh crab and the hot spice made all the flavorse work together with nothing being overpowered. We had a nice taste treat salad of arugula as well.Special Features:
- Very interesting menu, however,foodie2013Dined on 12/27/2013Very interesting menu, however, rather expensive especially when you factor in the cost of drinks. We were there on a Friday night at 6:30pm and it was very noisy! Would recommend with the above issues factored in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, no conversationspeeder43Dined on 12/21/2013I love Eleve's food - we have gone there often - and their service is amazing. However, they do need to install a little sound dampening material. When we last went there, there was a party of 20-somethings who were having a wonderful time, and they showed it by screams. There was also a large family group who had to talk all up and down a long table - at the top of their lungs. My husband and I couldn't hear each other talk without hollering across the table (for 2).Special Features:
- Poor service. Blah foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/19/2013Went for lunch, and had a schedule to keep. Our orders were not taken in a reasonable amount of time, and our food took way too long to be served (not until I specifically told a waiter that we needed our food right away). And when the food did arrive, it just wasn't any good. Furthermore, our waitress never once checked on us. All in all, not a good dining experience. Won't be going back.