1677 N Main Street
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eleverestaurant.com/
- Phone: (925) 979-1677
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pmn & Bar Serves to Midnight, Sunday Brunch 10:30 - 2:30pm & Dinner 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian, Pan-Asian, Vietnamese
- Executive Chef: Michele Nguyen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private upstairs dining room can accommodate up to 80 people for sit down dinner and 100 for cocktail reception.
- Private Party Contact: Michele Nguyen 9259791677x
- Special Events: We can easily accommodate everything from a small private group event to 150+ people. Whether it's the formal upstairs setting with its grand windows, modern downstairs with full counter bar, or the entire 6000 square foot two-story restaurant.
A word from Eleve Restaurant
Élevé is a modern Vietnamese restaurant located in downtown Walnut Creek, one block from Lesher Center for the Arts. We offer a casual dining experience that delivers exceptional cocktails, wines, personable service and high quality food. Our menu is an update on classic Vietnamese cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVietnamese
Eleve Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Walnut Creek ›
Eleve Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (27)vibrant bar scene (13)special occasion (13)neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (8)romantic (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)good for groups (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Fun place to drink and dineMaryVIPDined on 11/21/2014My friend and I went to Eleve for my birthday before a show at the Lesher. I had forgotten that she cannot eat spicy food so her choices were pretty limited. I had a delicious shrimp and eggplant dish with just the right amount of hot. My friend was able to find a pork dish that wasn't too spicy for her. The restaurant really filled up and it was a vibrant fun place to be. We could still hear each other talk. I wonder why the happy hour prices are not offered at tables (have to sit at the bar). I would like to see that changed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but noisycasualdiningFolksDined on 11/15/2014The food was very good, bistro cuisine -- excellent small plates --but it was very noisy and difficult to talk on a Saturday evening. Our service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOrindamomVIPDined on 11/14/2014It was our first time to Eleve and I called prior to coming to be sure that they did not use MSG as I have a severe allergy to it. They assured me that there were items on the menu without this ingredient, so we kept our reservation. After we got there, we were told that the chef used MSG in everything as the sauces all had it in them. I was very disappointed and as we were about to leave, the waitress came back and had spoken to the chef who agreed to make me something t without MSG. I was very grateful that they were willing to be of such service to our party. I tasted a tiny bit of my friend's meal and it was delicious. So was my prawn dish that they had made specially for me. In the end, it was a nice fit, but these days, I am surprised that a restaurant as fine as Eleve still uses MSG as the food can be just as tasty without.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Plate DiningSuziemcdDined on 11/9/2014Reasonably priced for small plates but more eonomical to order a dinner. They are more like "small bites" than "plates." Okay to try one time, however our party of 6 all agreed not worth returning to try again. One drink per person, two small plates and a couple of vegetable plates came to over $300.00.
- SurprisedMmJmSmLmDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I had heard great things from friends and web and couldn't wait to celebrate her birthday at this hot spot. That said, we were disappointed when we waited twenty minutes for a member of the wait staff to acknowledge us. Ultimately, I had to get up from my table, go to the bar and order our drinks from Pedro...the star of the restaurant. After that unfortunate start, the evening was outstanding! The food was wonderful, the ambiance vibrant, and the cocktails were delicious and unique. Overall, a terrific experience...recommend you check it out!Special Features:
- disappointedinwcDined on 11/8/2014Our Saturday evening dining experience was mixed as the food was delicious but the service terrible. It took a long time for our waitress to come to our table and then each of the dishes arrived at different times so that we were all eating at different times! We may not return as it was a strange evening.Special Features:
- Exceptional Food - Great ServiceNotafanVIPDined on 11/2/2014I am extremely picky about restaurants, downright hard to please. We love Eleve - so much that we over eat each time we visit. This is one of my favorite restaurants in the Bay Area and clearly the best in Walnut Creek. Thank you!Special Features:
- great but super emptyCOB1VIPDined on 10/28/2014good food, wine and ambience and service was friendly and knowledgeable. But it was Game 6 World Series and it was petty empty at 7 pm. I hope it was just that night, because all three of us really liked it. Filet Mignon entrée was perfect!
- Nice placedariaarianDined on 10/25/2014Great food good wine and nice service. I will recommend this place to all my friends and can't wait to go again :-)Special Features:
- MarilynDined on 10/18/2014Food was delicious ...lots of flavor and spices...not overbearing just yummySpecial Features:
- CalGalDined on 10/15/2014We love Eleve! The food is delicious. We have so many favorites: the spring rolls, carpaccio, cubed beef, clay pot, prawns with eggplant. All delicious! This is my go-to spot for lunch, because it's not too noisy. And the artisan handcrafted cocktails are amazing, so this is one of our favorite places to go for a drink, too. The outdoor patio is lovely. And they have room upstairs for parties.Special Features:
- Good foodFoodieDined on 10/14/2014The food service and location are great. It was very quiet though. Just 2 other tables were occupied the whole time on a Tuesday for lunch. It's a shame as the restaurant is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- leesellsDined on 9/27/2014Food was all very tasty. Everything sounded good so we had 4 people and tried 8 dishes. Difficult to choose. Drinks were good, Server was friendly, knowledgeable of the menu and efficient. did not feel rushed. Too loud. Had to say what often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always good food/ excellent servicebarbaraVIPDined on 9/17/2014Wonderful intimate place for dining with great food and excellent cocktails as well as a good wine list. Staff is very courteous and gives excellent, attentive service. I highly recommend this restaurant. BarbaraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tom1938Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent food and service. Waiter Khan always friendly and gives us the window table we like.Special Features:
- Another great time at Eleve!DoclorenDined on 9/2/2014I have been to Eleve many times and am always happy with the dining experience there. My last visit was especially good because our server, Rachel, was so patient, attentive, and willing to make the experience a great and satisfying one. My friend is a strict vegan and sometimes has some difficulty finding acceptable dishes and/or having her preferences accomodated at restaurants around town. Rachel patiently made sure everything was to her satisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must try Eleve!FoodfanDined on 8/30/2014Once again, Eleve lived up to my expectations with their fresh ingredients and unique dishes! My husband and I went there for our anniversary dinner and everything from the argula/mango/carrot salad to the frozen smores for dessert was amazing. I highly recommend the pork firepot. You mix the boiled egg into the broth and pork and it so delicious and different. We also had the prawn eggplant stirfry which was also wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was really promptChrisDined on 8/23/2014The atmosphere was really nice, the service was very good, our waiter made great recommendations!! Our food was good not to the level it has been in the past.... although still tasty.... will still recommend you give this restaurant a try....I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed ourselveseatsout2muchDined on 8/19/2014I took my friend to Eleve to celebrate her birthday. The bartender made a great, tart cosmopolitian. The food was tasty. We started with the shrimp roll and papaya salad, both good. I particularly liked the prawn and eggplant dish, but the chicken in curry sauce was also well seasoned. Since, it was a Tuesday evening, it was pretty quiet. The server was very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- hardcastleDined on 8/1/2014Convenient to the theatre which is good but too noisy and the drinks were too expensive. Not a good choice for a visit with a friend with hearing loss. Also it didnt have the ambience I expected. I will probably not be back.Special Features:
- Price not worth the valuezglsn49Dined on 7/31/2014I met my girlfriend there for dinner on a Tuesday night. The restaurant is conveniently located in downtown Walnut Creek. It is a very stylish and contemporary. That said, we had 2 drinks each which were ridiculously priced. My Tito's vodka martini was $19 which is more than the cost of an entire bottle. We had 2 drinks each, 2 appetizers and 1 main course. The total with tip was $157. I will not be going back to this restaurant unless I hear that they address the stupid cost of drinks.
- The following 472 reviews are from the Eleve Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great Food and ServiceQuietVIPDined on 7/1/2014We went here to celebrate a special anniversary and Eleve was the perfect spot. We usually spotlight the food first -and it was excellent. But the service was really, really good: professional, friendly, prompt, responsive. We each had a salad (she the kale and me the arugula). The salads were fresh, tasty and large! We shared the filet mignon entree, which was sufficient for our appetites. All was accompanied by an excellent malbec (thanks to the waitress' recommendation).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's an East Bay "Slanted Door"TrLoveDined on 6/21/2014This is a win-win for a theater night in Walnut Creek. Awesome cocktails first. Then a perfectly designed eclectic dinner menu that contained something adventurous for each of our picky diets. Every dish was perfectly prepared. Beef Carpaccio bursting with flavor; savory Pork Firepot; Roasted Chicken Salad was fresh and surprising; and the Carmelized Prawns were jewels.Special Features:
- Food was GOOD!!!LikeableDined on 6/18/2014Yes, it may appear to be pricey but I feel it is well worth it. It is similar to a topas bar based on the quantity of food for the pricingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for drinks and...OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/13/2014We have eaten here four times in the past year. Very pleasant staff at all stations. Comfortable seating inside and out. Close to Lesher Center so perfect for before or after a show. Vietnamese cuisine with lots of interesting spice.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseLetsEatVIPDined on 5/17/2014Have not frequented this restaurant because parking is not that easy, but definitely will be back. Excellent drinks, and service. My friend and I shared the citrus salad and it terrific. Then we had an order of Brussels sprouts and filet mignon which were really flavorful. Noisy and decor is not my style, but would still say GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service okay, lacking valueandyhollinDined on 5/16/2014Although the location is on the edge of downtown, the setting is nice with the floor to ceiling windows and it's decorated nicely inside with a modern feel. The food was pretty good and at least one of the three beers on tap was pretty good with a good selection of beers in bottles. The service simply wasn't up to par with the $45/person per meal price. To be honest- I was disappointed as from the outside I always looked at Eleve as the restaurant I would own if I were in the business, but I'm not so sure after dining there.
- Great, but not for vegansOakvgnDined on 5/16/2014Great food, but not outstanding for vegans. Several dishes I'd hoped to order had hidden non-vegan ingredients (like the eggplant, which had butter and the garlic sauce which was not vegan). They accommodated me by making some green beans with tofu in a soy sauce with salt/pepper, which was decently tasty, but a bit dry. Quite overpriced at $18. I can get a wide variety of much more delicious vegan tofu/veggie dishes for much less elsewhere. With some minor shifts and accommodations, I would be happy to recommend the place and return often, pre-Lesher shows. Service was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautifully prepared, yummy foodKKluvsgoodfoodDined on 5/11/2014Eleve is a gem of a restaurant! The service was excellent, the food beautifully prepared and presented, and extremely flavorful. The specialty cocktails are great. We had several dishes and appetizers to share bad enjoyed all. The calamari was lightly batter fried- perfect! The eggplant ans shrimp very flavorful, and the Brussels sprouts tasty. Can't go wrong! Please eat here and support this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North end GemKoolpopa838Dined on 5/9/2014The absolute best cocktails. The attention to detail, the emphasis on the ingredients right down to the size of the ice cubes separates these guys from the rest. And the rest includes the entire east bay. The staff is on the spot with device, a smile and an answer for every question. What a great findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealWildElkVIPDined on 5/6/2014Katie was our server and she was nice and very knowledgeable on all menu items and cocktails. We enjoyed our meals pet her recommendations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guide Dogs and the ADA?AllegroDined on 5/3/2014We had reservations. The couple ahead, without reservations, got a four-top booth. We were led to a two top. Noting the size of the table for Allegro to squeeze under., we asked if this was the best table for us, and asked the couple next to us if they were OK with dogs.There were empty tables so it seemed important to ask- though we asked on the restaurant's behalf.After we ordered, the management came by and asked us to move the Guide Dog to the other side of the table- without asking the seated guests next to us. He said a reservation would be soon seated at the four- top next to us.A half hour later, a couple sat down. The food is good: Still, not feeling welcomed as a customer with a disability leaves a bad taste in one's mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get out of town.............ToeatornottoeatDined on 4/26/2014Our third visit did was spot on again. Great location with comfortable ambiance, blended Vietnamese food & novel cocktails, expedient, knowledgeable service............removed from the downtown commotion. Come here to have a great meal with friends, not to be seen. We will return for the patio when the weather warms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Asian than VietnameserobinVIPDined on 4/26/2014We enjoyed the food we had at Eleve and the service was very fast and good. Eleve bills itself as gourmet Vietnamese. Though the food was good, it was typical Asian, somewhat like PF Chang's, rather than a gourmet Vietnamese. We didn't find any signature dishes that made us feel like we had to go back to try again.
- theater choice1nuttynanaVIPDined on 4/17/2014Thus is our choice when going to play afier dinner. Food is good not excellent. Service is normally very good. Price is high for size of servings. Usually quiet at earlier dinner hours and easy to have a nice conversstion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDavidandPatDined on 4/12/2014Eleve is a true find (although I've been there many times before). Everything about it is terrific. A unique dining experience for someone who likes Vietnamese food but hasn't experienced gourmet Vietnamese food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very vegetarian friendlySandyDined on 4/5/2014I'm a vegan and up to now, almost every Asian restaurant I've ever been to, has been very accommodating and I've always had multiple choices. Not here. There was only two salads and one entree that could be converted to vegan. But even more than that, my vegetarian friend also had a difficult time because they put fish sauce on almost everything (including salad dressings!). I'm not sure why they couldn't just leave out the fish sauce on some of the other entrees. Anyway, the curry I had (replacing chicken with tofu) was good, but obviously since that is the only thing I could eat, I probably won't be returning. It's a little pricey too and very noisy (at least on Saturday night).Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicetom1938Dined on 4/5/2014Excellent food and service as usual. Always a good spot for a special event.Special Features:
- Enjoyed appetizers-only dinnerLocaldinerDined on 3/29/2014Three appetizers with a glass of wine was plenty for us two ladies before the theatre. Easily shared and each very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014We had a glass of wine, a cocktail, and the calamari starter prior to an event at the Lesher Center (short walk away). We were seated at a very nice table for two at the front window. Staff was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. Interior was modern and tasteful. Noise level was moderate - we could easily talk with a sense of privacy. Starter and drinks were all good. We did not have a full meal, but menu looked inviting. We would go back and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.