1677 N Main Street
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eleverestaurant.com/
- Phone: (925) 979-1677
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pmn & Bar Serves to Midnight, Sunday Brunch 10:30 - 2:30pm & Dinner 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian, Pan-Asian, Vietnamese
- Executive Chef: Michele Nguyen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private upstairs dining room can accommodate up to 80 people for sit down dinner and 100 for cocktail reception.
- Private Party Contact: Michele Nguyen 9259791677x
- Special Events: We can easily accommodate everything from a small private group event to 150+ people. Whether it's the formal upstairs setting with its grand windows, modern downstairs with full counter bar, or the entire 6000 square foot two-story restaurant.
A word from Eleve Restaurant
Élevé is a modern Vietnamese restaurant located in downtown Walnut Creek, one block from Lesher Center for the Arts. We offer a casual dining experience that delivers exceptional cocktails, wines, personable service and high quality food. Our menu is an update on classic Vietnamese cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVietnamese
Eleve Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Walnut Creek ›
Eleve Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)vibrant bar scene (12)neighborhood gem (12)special occasion (12)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (8)romantic (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)good for groups (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Met expectations for foodNotafanVIPDined on 3/21/2014Met expectations for food - good flavors and quality ingredients. Small portions for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePickAndGoDined on 3/19/2014It was a great experience. Foods were good and great service! Our server was very friendly! We had good time there and definitely will come back with friends!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and high noise levelSummerDined on 3/14/2014Five of us dined and enjoyed the food. There were two drawbacks to our experience. Unfortunately, Eleve does not accommodate groups of 5 well. There are only tables that seat four comfortably. And, it was difficult to hear one another. So, my recommendation is to sit outside and enjoy good food and conversation! The upstairs, although mentioned in their website as an area to dine, was not available on this Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Eleve!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014Great Vietnamese food, great cocktails, fun servers! We loved this place and will definitely be back. My only complaint was it was hard to find parking on a Saturday night, but after several circles we found a spot and it was as free!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great apps and drinks. Diverse menuKK925Dined on 3/1/2014Eleve definitely impressed! The drinks were so delicious (pisco sour and Moscow mule) and well-crafted and presented. Also, the shrimp spring rolls and ceviche were stellar, but I wish the ceviche had more fish. I recommend the fish hot pot if you like updated Asian cuisine. It was rich and filling but not oil heavy at all, very well-prepared. I'm not crazy about the small tables, but the service made up for it. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and timely!HappyVIPDined on 2/22/2014This was our first time to Eleve - 6 PM,Saturday, 2/22. We allowed time because we had tickets for show at Lesher Theater. Our reservation was acknowledged and we were seated immediately. Prompt, friendly, knowledgeable service followed. Every dish was amazingly tasty! We will certainly go back and will share the experience with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Datejegar44Dined on 2/15/2014I chose Eleve as the spot for a first date. We were seated early when we arrived 15 minutes early. The waitress was courteous and knowledgeable. The food was great. We started with appetizers. I had the dumplings and my date had the prawns. The prawns were excellent. The dumplings I thought were a little chewy, but flavorful. My date had the crab entrée and I had the Cornish hen. Both were top rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vday experienceRum5Dined on 2/14/2014Went here for date night dinner. Nice setting, quiet and intimate. Service was a little delayed but overall good. Food was very delicious and uniqueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, small portionsVdaydinerDined on 2/14/2014Food solid, consistently good but not stellar. Portions quite small. 2 starters, 2 entrees, and dessert left this party of 2 still hungry. Service was ok. Attentive enough, but again, not outstanding. Cocktails are phenomenal, though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/5/2014The food and service were superb. It is a little out of my price range for it to be a place we go regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTEDDdslauraDined on 1/31/2014Brought a group of 8 people for an office celebration. We were seated at the large table next to the bar. We were having a good time and laughing. We were scolded by the waiter/manager. What a turn off! This was my second time at this restaurant and at the same table with a large group. I will NOT be returning. There are too many nice restaurants in WC to waste money here. Food was marginal at best.
- It was on the expensive sideOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/26/2014It was on the expensive side and the portion was small. Food was only fair, nothing special.
- The food was wonderful andwmpgalVIPDined on 1/25/2014The food was wonderful and our waitress was pleasant but incompetent! It took her a long time to come back to the table after her first pass when we weren't ready to order yet. She took the drink menu away when we said we didn't want cocktails before dinner so that we had to have her bring it back so we could look at the wine list. In spite of those and other irritations, I'd recommend Eleve to a friend and we will go back. The prawn and dumpling appetizers, mango salad and mushroom side dish were all winners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2014Nice cocktails and good food. A bit noisy. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful flavor and freshLindaVIPDined on 12/31/2013My husband had the rack of pork and said it was the best he has had and I had the crab with noodles . You could taste the fresh crab and the hot spice made all the flavorse work together with nothing being overpowered. We had a nice taste treat salad of arugula as well.Special Features:
- Very interesting menu, however,foodie2013Dined on 12/27/2013Very interesting menu, however, rather expensive especially when you factor in the cost of drinks. We were there on a Friday night at 6:30pm and it was very noisy! Would recommend with the above issues factored in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, no conversationspeeder43Dined on 12/21/2013I love Eleve's food - we have gone there often - and their service is amazing. However, they do need to install a little sound dampening material. When we last went there, there was a party of 20-somethings who were having a wonderful time, and they showed it by screams. There was also a large family group who had to talk all up and down a long table - at the top of their lungs. My husband and I couldn't hear each other talk without hollering across the table (for 2).Special Features:
- Poor service. Blah foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/19/2013Went for lunch, and had a schedule to keep. Our orders were not taken in a reasonable amount of time, and our food took way too long to be served (not until I specifically told a waiter that we needed our food right away). And when the food did arrive, it just wasn't any good. Furthermore, our waitress never once checked on us. All in all, not a good dining experience. Won't be going back.
- The food was very good. ThenonieVIPDined on 12/10/2013The food was very good. The service was slow in spite of the fact it was mostly empty. It is a bit cold and drafty.
- Went home hungry!KNortDined on 12/5/2013I look my friend here for her birthday dinner. I read reviews on yelp and most of them were good, so we thought we would try it out. None of the reviews I read mentioned anything about how small the portions were for the entrees. We had the slow roasted pork with whole egg and the filet mignon with a small watercress salad on the side. The pork had about 8-9 small cubes of pork in a sauce and the egg which they mashed up in the sauce. The there were about 7 cubes of filet and it was a little on the tough side. We had a small bowl of brown rice on the side. We did have a tasty arugula salad that was actually a decent size. The pork was $16 & the filet $25. We were very disappointed by the small portions for the money I paid and left hungry.Special Features:
- Good food but....rachelDined on 11/21/2013We tried this restaurant for the first time on a Thursday night. The food was interesting and tasty although the portions are small so the recommended family style method left us hungry and having to order another dish. The most disturbing part of the evening was the noise level. For two hours we had to shout to hear each other across the table. The room is big with hard surfaces. Add to that the close tables and alcohol consumption and it makes for an unpleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience ruined the experienceNaomiDined on 11/16/2013You are basically sitting IN the bar for half the seats. Food was decent but nothing outstanding and not good enough to overcome the atmosphere. Afterwards we went to Prima for dessert and drinks. What a difference.Special Features:
- Great for dinner with a friendTalkerDined on 11/15/2013I had dinner with my friend I hadn't seen in quite some time. We were treated perfectly! The waiter was pleasant and helpful. We were not rushed and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopping Vietnamese FusionTheStarLadyVIPDined on 11/9/2013This Walnut Creek eatery is buzzing. Four of us made a meal of light appetizers: dumplings, shrimp, green papaya salad, calamari, kale salad, vermicelli. The salads are large, the other appetizers were small with prices around $12 per plate. Two orders of each were necessary to give four people a bite. Everything was fresh and flavorful. We were celebrating two birthdays and oddly enough, our server told us that they did not have any desserts. None at all. Zero! NADA! Weird! Service is very good and the ambiance is modern and loud. Being an aficionado of Asian inspired dishes, the menu didn’t boast enough variety from my perspective. IThe food is good but not phenomenal with prices a bit steep for the size of the dishes. 3.5 starsSpecial Features:
- High qualityRollieDined on 11/2/2013This restaurant has top quality asian preparations, well prepared and presented. Menu is somewhat limited, but each dish is carefully crafted. Space is small to medium in size. It has very little noise buffering, so when full. it is difficult to carry on a normal conversation. Staff is attentive but not overbearing and quite knowledgeable about wine pairings. Wine selection is somewhat ;limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool vibe and delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2013Great place to go for a night out in WC. The cocktails are yummy as is the Asian nuanced dishes.Special Features:
- well stocked barnicknameDined on 10/17/2013good food well prepared. ample portions. well stocked barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...BrittVIPDined on 9/13/2013I LOVE Vietnamese & Vietnamese fusion, so I was really excited to try this place out. However, my husband & I left Eleve feeling entirely so-so about our experience. We will probably never go back. To start on a positive note, the cocktails are very good. The list is inventive and delicious, easily the best part of the menu. That said, for $11 a drink, it better be delicious. From there it was downhill. Flavors are not authentically Vietnamese, entree plates are very small (which my hungry husband hates) and overpriced for their portions/quality. The garlic noodles tasted like rubber, utterly flavorless. Our server was nothing special to remember, except that we repeatedly had to wave our hands in the air to flag him down... which I hate.
- Overpriced and deceptivemadabouttownVIPDined on 9/10/2013The restaurant is attractive and the staff are friendly, but the wine and the food are overpriced. They charged $20 for Cornish Hen and green salad, but it tasted more like chicken parts and the seasoning was overpowering. My friend order beef skewers but instead, they were like spring rolls on a skewer with minimal beef inside, also overpriced considering there was barely any meat in them. This is not a restaurant I would go back to as there are other attractive Vietnamese restaurants with better food and not as pricey.
- appealing appetizerskimmerDined on 9/10/2013The food was beautifully presented , every appetizer and entree ordered was delicious. The wait staff was courteous and attentive. Overall I enjoyed my lunch but felt that it was a little pricey for lunch. I will visit again but only for a nice romantic dinner for two.Special Features:
- Good food, but a better bar.Roadpir8Dined on 9/7/2013The bar craft was excellent. They had great creative drinks as well as well done takes on some classic cocktails. Try the Dark 'n Stormy and the Elder Sour. The food was good how ever it did not wow me.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside seating is loud withCocoaDined on 9/6/2013Outside seating is loud with cars accelerating and decelerating, right on the corner of Civic and Main. Service was slow, friendly but somehow intrusive without being helpful. Food was fine, at 2x the price of comparable Vietnamese cuisine. A spring roll is a spring roll is a spring roll, but here it's $10 and at a pho shop it's $5-$7. Other dishes were ok but undistinguished. Dishes are not dolled up to justify the price, but a bit dumbed down to avoid shocking the palate of the clientele. This is a GREAT PLACE to go if you want cocktails (quite good!), foofy surroundings and Americanized food. This is MEDIOCRE PLACE to go if you want Vietnamese food.
- First time experience toEleve.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2013First time experience toEleve. There were 5 of us who enjoyed all the food we ordered. Particularly liked the mango salad, Everything was very good.Special Features:
- Food and cocktailsJoJoDined on 8/27/2013Eleve has interesting dishes that are quite flavorful and easy to share. The cocktail list is interesting and doesn't disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went here for a birthday celebratioLoveWCDined on 8/24/2013Went here for a birthday celebration. I noted in the reservation that we had a birthday. When it came time for dessert, I mentioned the birthday again and she said she was aware. My friends were so surprised that the waitress already knew! Also, the birthday girl has a gluten allergy and the waitress was very helpful in knowing what my friend could eat and what could be modified. Overall , great food and great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2013Went with the whole family. The kids got to try most of the dishes. Portions were not that big but good for a bite tasting type. food and service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good. DidAK19VIPDined on 8/18/2013The food was very good. Did not understand why the service was slow. There were only two other occupied tables on an early Sunday dinner. Have been there a few times. Will go again but not in a hurry to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to it's billingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2013Eleve was my first venture into Vietnamese cuisine and I'm 64 years old! A friend picked the restaurant and an early Sunday dinner proved to be delightful. Located near The Lesher Center in Walnut Creek it does a bristling business I'm told on Friday and Saturday evenings. This being vacation season the restaurant was not crowded. Any wine list having a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc gets a thumbs up from me. Bartender Cuong makes a mean Whisky Sour with a great deal of care and attention. We split an excellent Papaya salad as well as a Bass Entree with Bok Choy and a side of garlic noodles. The food was excellent if a bit pricey and the service was very attentive and friendly. I'd highly recommend Eleve and I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!PixyDined on 8/7/2013Upscale Veitamease Restaurant gets a 5 star from me for the service and food - Sebastian was very attentive and gave good details of food choices. Went there for a business lunch and we started with crispy calamarie - yum, and shrimp spring roll (soft rice paper) - so fresh tasting. Main course was marinated short ribs over rice with the best sauce ever! Tried a sparking water with hint of mint and orange peel - great flavors, went well with the meal! I would definately go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a very convenientOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2013This is a very convenient restaurant to the Lesher theater. The food was made with fresh ingredients and very good. The bar drinks are very overpriced, though inventive. I would return here again for its convenience factor when attending a performance at the theater.Special Features: