2555 NW Campus Village Way
Bend, OR 97701Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elevationbend.com/
- Phone: 8775412433x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: 11:30am - 1:30pm
Dinner: Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Elevation will be closed for these 2014 holidays: Friday, July 4th, Thursday, November 27-28, Wednesday, December 17 - January 2, 2015.
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Cajun, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chef Instructor David Trask, Restaurant Management Instructors Sam La Duca and Mike Cooper
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: As an applied learning environment for Cascade Culinary Institute students, Elevation has 72 indoor seats, and 60 seats outside (during the summer). The Elevation food philosophy is one that emphasizes the use of local and seasonal ingredients, and regional microbrews and wines.
- Private Party Contact: Elevation Restaurant 8775412433x
A word from Elevation
Elevation, the student operated restaurant at Cascade Culinary Institute (CCI), uniquely engages community diners as an integral part of the student learning experience. The Elevation menu, which changes two times per term, boasts of high quality ingredients that are sourced from regional growers, ranchers and producers. Patrons who dine in a "live classroom environment," are provided with an opportunity to offer feedback via an e-survey at the conclusion of the dining experience. Guest input is then integrated into the instructional process on a weekly basis in order to enhance the student learning process. As part of the CCI Capstone Course, learning outcomes within Elevation associate with students developing confidence in cooking and service techniques and developing effective communication and teamwork skills prior to their transition into the regional hospitality industry workforce as future leaders and innovators.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Elevation - Best Restaurants in Bend ›
Elevation reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (31)special occasion (30)neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (18)great for lunch (16)good for groups (15)romantic (15)scenic view (13)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Great food, great atmosphere, great prices and a great way to support the college program. We will go back and can't wait to try the lunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeanaashDined on 9/11/2014This was my second time dining with a fair amount of people. Each time the service was over the top, the food perfect and the wait staff very well trained. We loved the room, fireplace and ambience. Several from each group have re-booked to come back.Special Features:
- fancy food, friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014fair prices for excellent food, prepared with flair and served in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere--we are regularsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good value for eleganceNeighborsDined on 9/10/2014We appreciated the linens and table setting and the excellent food. We all felt the veggie side was too small (on the salmon plate). It was nice to be there in our casual clothes and to know that's OK. The bread is excellent!Special Features:
- ExceededluvfoodDined on 9/5/2014Our expectations were exceeded. Awesome appetizer with the Huntsman plate which included meats and cheeses and great bread. We had the salmon which was very good and the rib eye which was large but cooked just to my order. There could have been a few more vegies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE the foodLoveDined on 9/5/2014LOVE the food!! Great food, great service! So worth the money! Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience - will returnRalph73Dined on 9/5/2014I brought my mother to the restaurant during a recent visit and was very please with the experience. The food was great, reasonable prices, and nice atmosphere. I'll definitely be returning more often.Special Features:
- Hidden GemBobMDined on 9/4/2014We throughly enjoyed our meal with friends at your lovely place. The staff was awesome, the restaurant gorgeous and the food was amazing. Seriously, the prices were ridiculously reasonable. We plan on coming in more often, as it's not only the best food in town but also the best quality that doesn't break the pocket book. Thank you so much!Special Features:
- Students at the culinary schoolKittyhawk411VIPDined on 9/4/2014This restaurant is for people who like good fare and are willing to help the students become better cooks and servers. The wine list was quite good, and the menu as well. The timing was a bit off - the soup course came out before the bottle of wine, but that might not have happened if the manager had not gone home early because there were only two reservations the night my party of two was there. I had the steak which was perfectly prepared and $17 which was half what it would have been at any other restaurant in town, so this leads me to believe they are subsidized. I recommend this restaurant for Bend locals, and I will no doubt return. Visitors to Bend have a wide variety of other better choices.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014We thoroughly enjoyed Elevation! The food, our server (Brian) and the tour of the culinary school! Highly recommend!!!Special Features:
- Friday evening dinner findNeighborsDined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Elevation on Friday evening. Everything was almost perfect. The bread basket came after we asked for it. The iPad wasn't offered but when we asked for it upon leaving, we couldn't seem to make it work. Very small details and overall we appreciated our servers and the cuisine very much!Special Features:
- Loved it!!LoveDined on 8/22/2014Fabulous food! Great wine! Lovely atmospere! If you haven't been you should go! Great prices! New favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodazkuehnDined on 8/21/2014Always a great meal! Will come back every time we are in Oregon. The steaks are the best we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableawarcDined on 8/20/2014Our first meal at elevation was very good. The prices were reasonable. I had hoped for a few more choices in all the categories (I thought menu was too limited) but everything we tried was good. The outdoor setting is fantastic! Service was kind of slow but friendly. The cookies at the end were super delicious. I would go again and am eager to try it for lunch.Special Features:
- TumalogirlDined on 8/14/2014Enjoyed the meal very much. The server was delightful and we enjoyed interacting with the students. We will come back soonSpecial Features:
- Great dining experienceBendfamilyDined on 8/14/2014We had a wonderful time at elevation. The wait staff took the time to talk with our group which had kids to explain the menu. The food itself was so good and had a lot of care in preparing the dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 72countingDined on 8/8/2014This is a teaching restaurant so perfection is not expected. The lay out is very nice and the staff is attentive. A little too much spice in the pasta for my taste. The salmon was dry and the asparagus was over cooked. We will go again, but not right awaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014That was one of the best meals we have eaten out in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BraviCenaDined on 7/30/2014The students can be proud of their achievement. From the moment one walks through the door the whole experience is superior. The food is delicious and the presentation beautiful. The service is attentive and friendly. I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The hush puppies, and glazed salmon were outstanding!Special Features:
- July 25 lunch reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014Even with just 4 lunch entrees offered (and 3 appetizers), everyone in our party of 8 had something to their liking. And the food was uniformly beautifully presented and delicious. The variety of tastes was shared, and we all agreed that our expectations were surpassed! The 2 desserts offered that day were a watermelon sorbet (heavenly) and a Snickers bombe (absolutely outstanding).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014COCC is operating a real gem. Excellent food at reasonable prices, fine service in a superb training facility for the students enrolled in the culinary program. More residents and tourists should know about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014Wonderful service and food are exceptional pluses from this restaurant. The experience is somewhat marred by the large room experience. Breaking up the room with privacy screens or other design features would be a real plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Educate train for SuccessGoalsmetDined on 7/17/2014We were properly greeted, service was exceptional and the meal was served simple elegant the portions on the steak were large wow this was a great experience Wee came for my husbands birthday and were not disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinewfriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Everyone enjoyed their appetizers and entrees. The food was plated with care and style, especially the dessert plates (yummy). Atmosphere was casual and very friendly. Even though we dined inside next time we're going to sit alfresco, the fireplace is a nice touch.Special Features:
- spontaneous dinnerranchomirageDined on 7/2/2014The staff was excellcent. Food fabulous. Dining room a little cool in temperature. Could use bread warming stones in the bread basket.Special Features:
- Exceptional foodDiscriminatingDinerDined on 6/12/2014The salmon was perfectly cooked with just the right amount of spices to accent, but nor overwhelm, the fish. They accommodated my special request (via Open Table) to have champagne chilled and ready at the table upon our arrival (it was an anniversary dinner). Service was friendly and knowledgeable, especially for student culinarians. Knowing we were celebrating a special occasion, they put together a trio of the current desserts for us to share. I couldn't have asked for moreSpecial Features:
- WonderfultennistimDined on 5/28/2014Elevation is one of our favorites places to dine out for dinner. The food and service is always outstanding. We especially enjoy the creative dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- boobooDined on 5/23/2014The quality of the lamb was disappointing...too much fat, gristle. The potato accompaniment was under seasoned. The mint sauce was too sweet and had already swirled everywhere, so even though I didn't like it, I was stuck with it. My guests enjoyed their salmon and lasagna. The lasagna looked really interesting. Service was terrific and our tip showed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in BendJoanneDined on 5/21/2014It is a gem! The food is so amazing we came for lunch and returned the following evening for dinner We were in Bend for a week and ate at some alleged high end restaurants. By far Elavations was the best food for the entire week. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 263 reviews are from the Elevation reviews archive.
- It's a learning experienceDingosMomVIPDined on 5/16/2014Very impressed with the ambience of Elevation attention to detail. I love that the restaurant is a "learning ground" for new chefs, restaurant managers, wait staff, etc. There were some holes in service but nothing huge and our food was not great but very tasty. These young folks are there to learn the business and we knew that going in. The salmon was very undercooked but still tasted good. My husband did not want to send it back as he thought maybe it was supposed to be nearly raw. My lamb was good though. The chocolate cake dessert was OK as well. The appetizer plate of cheeses and meats was very good. We will definitely go back as we liked talking with the staff and their future plans and they were all very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mosly goodMorrisonsDined on 5/8/2014Three of our 4 dinners were terrific. I had the lasagna and had to send it back. I had to order an appetizer for my entree. Of the 3 terrific dinners, one was not what the diner wanted to order because at 6:30 p.m., they were already out of that entree.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentQMommaDDined on 5/2/2014Our Red Hat group (Mountain Mommas) come to lunch every other month without fail. We enjoy a fabulous meal, fantastic service, and appreciate the opportunity to support our community education program. Thank you very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday lunchEddieDined on 5/1/2014We enjoyed the experience over all. Food was good, but not great. Service was very good, but there were few lunch tables filled. Wine was "OK" but prices were too high for the quality of the wine and fills were not at all generous. All in all, we remember back to lunches at the old venue which we enjoyed much more. I appreciate that the students may be getting a better overall experience and that is certainly a positive for looking to become a part of a commercial venture.
- Mr. John Dillonhellojohn2014Dined on 4/24/2014Hanna was wonderful. Very helpful great service wonderful food knowledgeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014My daughter is a student at Cascade Culinary Institute and Elevation is their student run restaurant. We had a wonderful experience. The food was very good and it was a pleasure assisting the students with their learning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at ElevationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2014Great experience! Great food! Great service! Great atmosphere!Special Features:
- Gourmet Dining, Supporting StudentsMaladiesDined on 4/16/2014Elevation is a restaurant where the chefs and the servers are all culinary students (the maître d is an instructor). The servers are charming and helpful and the food is simply divine. There is a nice wine list (though I couldn't partake--work related, alas), and the desserts are scrumptious (I wish I could have ordered a lemon tart to bring home). There is a set menu so students can practice their culinary skills each night, perfecting each meal, and trust me: the meals are perfect (I adored my salmon, bok choy, rice and a smattering of coconut sauce; the spring salad with fried goat cheese is also delicious). Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experience in the treesmountains2foodDined on 4/11/2014Was a good dinner and presentation was beautiful. was a tad slow on getting our food. Started at 630p and had dessert at 830p even though place only had 3 other tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place for conversationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014We have watched the evolution of the Culinary Program at COCC since its inception. We take pride in seeing the students so enthusiastic about what they are doing. They give a level of care and concern not found in many restaurants. And, we are supporting their learning experience. My lunch was outstanding..and I mean it! It was a perfect way to spend some good time with old friends, too--and not be rushed out! CSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.