Elevation Chop House and Skybar
1723 McCollum Parkway B#600
Kennesaw, GA 30144Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Elevation Chop House and Skybar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elevationatlanta.com/
- Phone: (770) 485-7469
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday 5pm -10pm
Saturday 11am - 10:00pm
Sunday 11:00am- 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Todd Paige
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Menu Available
- Special Events: Events, Rehearsel dinners, Birthday parties, Anniversarys, & Corporate dinners. Contact our event coordinator, Missi Russo at 678-517-2236
A word from Elevation Chop House and Skybar
The view from the Elevation Chophouse is as spectacular as the food. The entire front of the multi-story structure is constructed of glass panels with a view of Kennesaw Mountain National Park and the aircraft landing and taking off only a few feet away on McCollum Airfield. Only Restaurant in Georgia that makes Liquid Nitrogen Margarita and Martinis Tableside. Chef Driven Menu, all menu items made from scratch daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Elevation Chop House and Skybar - Best Restaurants in Kennesaw ›
Elevation Chop House and Skybar reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (81)special occasion (47)good for groups (43)neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (29)romantic (28)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (14)great for brunch (12)late-night find (10)hot spot (6)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Nice placeScottVIPDined on 11/20/2014After reading the reviews I was excited about the evenings dinner. Upon arriving I found the parking to be a bit hard to come by, the place needs a little updating with paint. My wife and I where sat at a table for 6 (which is all they have by the windows) Our waitress was outstanding and was trained very well. She offered many ideas on selections and was spot on. The food was very good and came to us hot. The owner spent a lot of time talking with one table, matter of fact came by many times to that table.... as a owner myself he needs to learn he had other patrons and should consider spreading his attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 11-15-14 S3MomoDined on 11/15/2014Upon arrival the staff was great in accommodating our seating requests (moved a party of 8 from upstairs to downstairs to accommodate a get who had issues with all the stairs). We were also pleasantly surprised with our meals. Especially the ribs, fried shrimp & brisket! Some of us have been to Elevation on several previous occasions & we weren't a fan of the food in the past. But this time, it was delicious! The food is a bit on the pricey side ($20 for 8 shrimp & $24 for a slab of ribs w/fries), but it's worth it for a special occasion in Cobb. Definitely worth trying if you've never been & you have to get one of the Liquid Nitrogen Margaritas or Martinis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElevationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2014Great food, service, and atmosphere! I had the mahi mahi and my husband had the ribeye. Both were prepared perfectly and we'll definitely go back to Elevation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PlaneFanNoGRITSDined on 11/9/2014The food was fine, prices were good, the service was mediocre. No smiles or thanks for coming. I had to ask the waiter for appetizer plates. He did other things while our food got cold. Overall not bad. It was my son's birthday and he mainly wanted to see planes take off and land.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencekanderson1213Dined on 11/8/2014My husband and I had a great experience. Spinach dip was on point. I had the brisket with mashed potatoes and asparagus and it was probably one of the best I've had. He had the burger made with chuck, brisket and sirloin. Everyone was very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Took my family here for a nice dinner. We had some really good food. Only issue was my son had really salty chicken fingers which he couldn't eat. However the waitress was great and brought him some grilled instead. They really need to have a kids menu that the parents can look at, even if it's something basic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a blast!RVatorDined on 11/7/2014Elevation Chop House is the complete package. My wife and I are airplane nuts, so the runway view is probably our main attraction. Love seeing the delight in young kid's eyes as corporate jets, cessnas, Blackhawks and Ospreys distract them from the food;-) Someone ordering a liquid nitrogen martini always seems to spark the energy to a new level. Fav food is the Ribeye medium rare w/ Caesar salad. The Ribeye is big enough that my wife and I usually split it. Loaded baked potato has a nicely salted and crispy skin. Just 'changed it up' last night w/ the backin cheeseburger; very good burger. Service has been great this last year. Not sure if there was a change in mgmt, but the staff have stepped up their game and complete the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.dallasfam5Dined on 11/2/2014Went to Elevation Chophouse with my teen kids. Service was great. Very attentive, professional, polite and even engaged my teens in conversation. Food was exceptional this time. We had lime caesar salad, calamari (a favorite of ours), filet and two burgers. Everything cooked as ordered, medium, and well seasoned. Will be back...hopefully soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and DrinksTravelFunDined on 11/1/2014Drinks were great. We order the Big Calamari for an app. I think it was little over cooked. One party member had the salmon it was very good and tender, another party had the chop burger which melted like butter in your mouth. I ordered the brisket which was very tender, but barely seasoned. We all tasted each other's food to get a variety of the place. The one thing we were NOT impressed with was the mashed potatoes!!!! They are instant mash potatoes with chunks of real potatoes to throw you off. You wouldn't think it would be that hard just make a batch of real good mashed potatoes!!!! Its a neighborhood gem and late-night find for their drinks and if you really want a good burger.Special Features:
- Still a favorite...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014We dine regularly at Elevation and on this occassion, we brought friends who had never been there. They ENJOYED the outing so very much. Steaks are delicious and well prepared. Drinks are absolutely the best - love the Nitrogen Margarita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat atmosphereJetmakerDined on 11/1/2014Food was excellent and service was really good. Our only regret is that we did not sit upstairs which has the best view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My girlfriend and I were looking for a place for dinner on a Saturday evening and decided to give Elevation a try after driving past everyday. We were pleased with the service and the atmosphere. The price was not incredibly over priced, slightly expensive but what you should expect for the place. The food for decent, we had salmon and brisket. We both were pleased with our meal but I want to try the steak next time I go back and the brunch menu looks outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!pickypalateDined on 10/29/2014We have been to Elevations many times, and we have never been disappointed. The food is amazing, and the menu has something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageChironDined on 10/26/2014It is an average restaurant. Decent food. Little pricy. Nice and fun views of the runway to watch planes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at ElevationlikestodineDined on 10/25/2014We had dinner at Elevation Chophouse on Saturday night and were very pleased with the food and service. I had mahi mahi over a bed of risotto and a side of spinach. It was delicious! My partner had the beef brisket and it so tender he didn't need a sharp knife. We went on a Living Social coupon - it was out first time. I would definitely go there again. A little obscure to find - so use your GPS!Special Features:
- Excellent SteakTbozDined on 10/25/2014Having tried all the local steakhouses around here, this one is truly a standout. The service is very good too, and the view of surrounding Cobb county, Kennesaw Mtn, the airport etc. at about sunset is as good as it gets. Bon AppettiteSpecial Features:
- Fantastic!SmallsDined on 10/23/2014This place is off the chain! I would recommend this place and go again and again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweetest Day!FinedineDined on 10/18/2014Lexy is such an awesome waitress! She made sure everything was perfect. Gave great recommendations. My boyfriend LOVED it, keeps talking about itSpecial Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/17/2014We have eaten at Elevation several times and have always been happy with our food. This time was different. My husband decided to try the most expensive steak. It was tough. He had thought he would spurge this time. He was highly disappointed. My food was great. I had fried shrimp and they were cooked properly.Special Features:
- 5 StarsopentableDined on 10/16/2014Highly recommended for a completely enjoyable experience. Food, service and atmosphere were all worthy of a 5 star rating. Food was prepared and seasoned to perfection. We had the Rock Shrimp appetizer and my wife chose the Angus burger while I chose the Ribeye. We both felt the meal was easily on the level with 5 star provisions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual dining spot24dinnerDined on 10/10/2014The food was great, may need to check their old dining ware. Loved the idea of dinin at an airport, a nice conversational piece.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steaksSuzeeQVIPDined on 10/10/2014food and cocktails were very good, great view of the planesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time charm!RockinRobinDined on 10/3/2014This was our first visit. I did not know what to expect, but I was really impressed with the atmosphere, menu, and service. Luke , our waiter, was great. He knew the menu well and made great suggestions. This is a hidden gem. We will return without a doubtSpecial Features:
- GreatInkedDined on 10/2/2014The food is always amazing and the service is generally pretty bad. On my most recent visit, our server was actually pretty good (though new and pretty nervous). Only complaint was the hostess, who was seating people without reservations before people with reservations for some reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going Back...watchtheplanesDined on 9/28/2014Enjoyed a very tasty brunch and plan on going back for dinner...Special Features:
- Great except for parkingNoslackDined on 9/26/2014Everything was perfect , except the parking lot was very dark. Once that is fixed I would give everything a 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok ExperienceTerryDined on 9/26/2014Ok does not mean bad. We had a groupon and was celebrating a birthday with a party of 4. For the price, the experience was ok, but maybe not without the groupon. The service person did not know the food/bar menus-maybe she was new? She kept running back and forth to the service station/bar when we had questions. Filets were cooked to order and without issues. The ribs and risotto was good but the fries with lemon pepper were a little odd. The creme brulee was good. The table side liquid nitrogen margarita was fun. Overall my expectations were higher given the $30/main plates. If the service was more professional/informed and there was a little polish to the booths, tables, floors, it might be worth the value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as always!BekkaDined on 9/21/2014This visit to Elevations Chophouse was for my daughter's 17th birthday. Elevations is on of our most favorite restaurants. We were seated immediately in the upper level dining area. Our party was of 7, and we were seated at the windows. Planes were coming and going during our entire meal. I had the Caribbean Mahi Mahi. It was great! Daughter#2 and husband had shrimp fettuccini. They both raved about it. Daughter#1 had the chicken parm. This is what she always gets. Another ordered salmon which looked amazing! Two steaks were ordered and looked fantastic as well. This was not our first experience, nor will it be our last!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014We went to brunch at Elevation Chop House to celebrate a friend's birthday. Every table in the restaurant has a great view of the runways at this community airport. All of the food our group ordered was delicious and very well prepared. Our server was very professional and very friendly. Prices were reasonable. A great place for any one who enjoys aviation and/or good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Dining at an AirportHasperatDined on 9/13/2014This place has a lot going for it even though it's on a Tarmac at an airport wedged between a quarry, industry and a less than attractive stretch of US41. The food was well prepared and presented - very solid contemporary American fare. We enjoyed our filet, mac-n-cheese, Parmesan risotto and salads. The table-side nitrogen cocktails were novel, delicious and will definitely bring a smile to your face. The view of the airport was interesting and the restaurant does boast probably the best view of Kennesaw Mountain aside from the Georgian Club. Our only complaint was that the UGA game was going on and patrons were overly enthusiastic about the home team winning, which did give a sports bar feel at times. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent - much better than our last visit.Special Features:
- Great for date nightDueEast5Dined on 9/12/2014We love eating here. Food is always good, view is unique and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014I wanted to try something different for our anniversary this year and this restaurant didn't disappoint. Great food, great view, and great service! Expected the restaurant to be crowded on a Friday night but it was actually pretty quiet. Only thing we would recommend would be putting a few more pasta dishes on the menu. My wife's choices were limited but she still enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, great food2manydogsDined on 9/5/2014When we first drove to Elevation Chop House, we were surprised to find it actually on the airport property. We actually drove past it first! Once we realized it was actually on airport grounds, we followed the signs to the restaurant. The view from the restaurant of Kennesaw Mountain, and the airport's runway, are spectacular. The service was very good, and the food was excellent. I had the brisket, which was very tender, and flavorful. My husband had the chicken parmesan, and said it was very flavorful and rich. We dined with a perfect view of the mountain, and got to see several planes take off and land. We would definitely go back to Elevation. We would also recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Great to see the changes!NicknameVIPDined on 8/27/2014I go to Elevation 2-3 times/year because of the wonderful view at sunset. I've learned to enjoy the view while tolerating the food...until now. They've changed...FOR THE BETTER. The food was good, the wine list is now decent and you cannot beat the airstrip at sunset watching the planes take off and land. My fiancee and I decided last night that we're going to go monthly to Elevation...and that is a shocking statement based on what they've been in the past. We had a thoroughly enjoyable meal, wonderful service and a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeating CustomerWHSpeedVIPDined on 8/24/2014We went with another couple that hadn't been there in a long time and once agian the food was loved by all. Two people had steaks, cooked perfectly. The others had salmon and mahi-mahi. We all shared the entrees and determined we all had winners. We tried a couple of Nitro Margaritas which were great, as well as the key lime pie and the bread pudding. Luke, has been our server the last two times we've visited and he was everything you'd want your server to be; personable, knowledgable and engaging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We had bruch here for my birthday. The food was great and the staff was very attentive and friendly. The food came out quickly after we ordered and the view of the airplanes moving around the airbase made it a unique experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great!chicagofanDined on 8/23/2014We visited Elevation for the first time on Saturday. The restaurant seemed very full, but this never affected our service. Elevation was very enjoyable, great food, great service, unique location and drinks frozen with liquid nitrogen. Amazing.
- Nice service!KarenDined on 8/16/2014We were extremely happy with our server, Savannah. She was very attentive and helpful which made our experience MUCH better!! We prefer sitting upstairs but there was yet another private party going on so we ended up having to sit downstairs again. The food was very good - the salmon was great and so was the steak. We had the rock shrimp as an appetizer and it was pretty good also. ALWAYS get the nitrogen margarita! It's awesome!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner Aug 9thMrSkiDined on 8/9/2014Drinks, desserts and meal were outstanding--friendly and a great LOCAL (non-"chain") place to go.Special Features: