Elevation Chop House and Skybar
1723 McCollum Parkway B#600
Kennesaw, GA 30144Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Elevation Chop House and Skybar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elevationgeorgia.com/
- Phone: 7704857469x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday 5pm -10pm
Saturday 11am - 10:00pm
Sunday 11:00am- 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Todd Paige
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Menu Available
- Special Events: Events, Rehearsel dinners, Birthday parties, Anniversarys, & Corporate dinners. Contact our event coordinator, Missi Russo at 678-517-2236
A word from Elevation Chop House and Skybar
The view from the Elevation Chophouse is as spectacular as the food. The entire front of the multi-story structure is constructed of glass panels with a view of Kennesaw Mountain National Park and the aircraft landing and taking off only a few feet away on McCollum Airfield. Only Restaurant in Georgia that makes Liquid Nitrogen Margarita and Martinis Tableside. Chef Driven Menu, all menu items made from scratch daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Elevation Chop House and Skybar - Best Restaurants in Kennesaw ›
Elevation Chop House and Skybar reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (88)special occasion (65)good for groups (45)neighborhood gem (40)romantic (37)kid-friendly (31)fit for foodies (24)great for brunch (23)great for lunch (18)vibrant bar scene (11)notable wine list (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Nice service!KarenDined on 8/16/2014We were extremely happy with our server, Savannah. She was very attentive and helpful which made our experience MUCH better!! We prefer sitting upstairs but there was yet another private party going on so we ended up having to sit downstairs again. The food was very good - the salmon was great and so was the steak. We had the rock shrimp as an appetizer and it was pretty good also. ALWAYS get the nitrogen margarita! It's awesome!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner Aug 9thMrSkiDined on 8/9/2014Drinks, desserts and meal were outstanding--friendly and a great LOCAL (non-"chain") place to go.Special Features:
- elevation schoolhouse in Kennesaw,divine2dineDined on 8/8/2014We had 830 reservations and we were finally seated at 915. Our drinks orders we served incorrectly. Overall it was a bad experience and we will not be returning to this establishment.Special Features:
- Can count onBobKDined on 8/2/2014You can always count on a great dining experience at Elevations. The atmosphere along with great food and fabulous attentive service makes for a n excellent dining event. Fresh food, prepared the way you like it and served hot to your table. What more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceTheMrsDined on 8/1/2014Table for 4 on a Friday night was a success. I especially loved the nitrogen martinis/margaritas that were made at the tables. It was definitely a show for all. All the food was prepared well, and seasoned perfectly. I had the blackened shrimp fettuccine with a side of sauteed spinach. My husband's filet mignon was also cooked perfectly. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Fun placeLogeDined on 8/1/2014I had heard that this was a good restaurant so I decided to try it out. The pre-dinner drinks are good and quite fun as the liquid nitrogen adds some adventure to the drinks. Since it is named "chop house" I had intended to order a steak but the beef brisket looked so good I couldn't resist. It was tender and delicious. The calamari was good too.Special Features:
- Great, again!PapaBuckDined on 7/29/2014We love Elevation for the food and wine/beer list. Every time thay we have been there we have tried something new. While kids love the place and are more than welcome, I find the kid in me when a plane is landing or taking off. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ViewsMichaelDined on 7/22/2014With tremendous views of the airport, the ambiance is incredible. The drinks are outstanding!Special Features:
- Nitrogen Martini'siluvatlantaDined on 7/19/2014I went for the Nitrogen Martini... It was worth the experience. The food was good. I can't complain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/19/2014Although the nitrogen margarita was awesome, be aware-- the chicken Parmesan has HAM in it, though the menu says nothing about it but, mentions every other ingredient. The waitress was very kind about it, but the manager never came over to apologize or see how we were. Disappointing.
- Wow'd again...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014Keep coming back to Elevation. It is one of our "go to" places for entertaining out of town guests. Beautiful nightime scene.Special Features:
- brichDined on 7/19/2014Ordered the special which was grilled trout. It came out with the wrong sides. The waiter took it back and it came out with the correct sides but was now so well done it was crunchy. Took a while to get the waiters attention. He apologized and asked me if I wanted something else, I said I would like the trout just done the way it should be. He said no problem. By the time it came out my husband was completely finished with his dinner and waiting for me. It was really good when it finally came out. No one from mgmnt came over to apologize or offer a discount or dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014food is always delicious and the service is always OUTSTANDING!Special Features:
- Overrated.....DissatisfiedDined on 7/18/2014We had wanted to try this restaurant for years. We picked our 27th wedding anniversary. I wish we had chosen someplace else. The restaurant was "good" but nothing to go out of our way for. The steak had some sauce that was not pleasant to the taste buds....even though the steak was very good. The ribs were nothing to write home about. We tried the Sangria and it also was disappointing. I could have gotten a better meal at Longhorns for half the price. The place has an identity crisis....white table clothes trying to be upscale with ESPN playing thru the place trying to target a sports bar for the pilots. We decided to leave and have dessert somewhere else that we knew we would enjoy.Special Features:
- Special Occasion BrunchKLS1031Dined on 7/13/2014We recently held a birthday Sunday brunch at Elevation. The group consisted of 17 people, some babies and children. The children were entertained by the planes, the food was great and the service commendable. We waited a little longer for our food than I would have liked but we were a large group so it was understandable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Came with group of 9 for my Dad's birthday. Food was great and server (Luke or Lucas I think) was fantastic. My Dad is a fan of planes so he really enjoyed the view. I was so pleased that we were seated by the windows and upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME SERVICELoves2flyDined on 7/4/2014The service is AWESOME here. I find myself come here often. The food is GREAT but the service is outstanding. Laine is TOPS. She gives great suggestions and I haven't been disappointed yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch overlooking the runwayChrisVIPDined on 6/29/2014We recently had brunch at Elevation. Great experience - good menu selections and yummy food. I am a picky eater and our waitress was very accommodating (much appreciated!) We really enjoyed sitting next to the wall of windows, watching the planes land and take off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greet food; good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Hostess was accommodating; they were able to seat us a little earlier than our reservation. The length of time between table visits was a little long but overall the service was good. The seemed quite busy but we never felt rushed. We always got we needed and the server Megan was pleasant and knowledgeable. Food was yummy and cooked as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we'll be baclcoppertopDined on 6/21/2014The food was outstanding. The kids lived their nitrogen drinks and it was fun to watch them prepare them tableside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy 16th Birthday KelleyMEubanksDined on 6/21/2014We had a great time! The service was excellent! We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hanniebunsDined on 6/20/2014The service was great. The liquid nitrogen margarita is a neat novelty. They have someone prepare the concoction at your table. However, the food was average restaurant fare. The service was great; attentive and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique ExperienceRVatorDined on 6/20/2014Elevation Chophouse offers great views of the Kennesaw airport while providing an upscale experience and food. My favorite are their Cesar salads and Ribeye steaks! I love watching the enthusiastic stares in the younger children's eyes as aircraft taxi past the windows, or a buiz jet parks up front.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden SecretGabesMomDined on 6/19/2014Only my 2nd time here, but it was a special occasion, and I wanted someplace nice to take a friend for her 70th birthday. Elevation Chophouse did not disappoint. Steaks melt in your mouth and are superbly prepared. Great salad, fries, and desserts. Service and view were also great. My friend was impressed, and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Fun and Unique!ZWagDined on 6/15/2014What a great environment... watch private jets land, take-off, and enjoy the sights of the regional airport while eating great food and enjoying interesting beverages. Must try the Liquid Nitrogen Margaritas!! Both an event and a fantastic drink.Special Features:
- DivaliciousDined on 6/15/20141st time and the food was delicious. Everything was seasoned just right. Large quantity of food (depends on what you order). Loved the nitrogen drinks (even non alcolholic drinks). The preparation of the nitrogen drinks was very entertaining to the adults and the young kids. Would love to meet the chef. Great staff.Special Features:
- Just OKWoozleDined on 6/15/2014Steak was excessively salty. Drinks were overpriced. Service was very slow and inattentive. Annoying children at table across the aisle kept pushing behind us and bumping our chairs to get closer to the windows so they could see the planes. Although I know this wasn't Elevation's fault, if I come back I'll make a reservation for a later hour to avoid this.
- Plan for at least 2 hours for lunchBarefootstamperDined on 6/15/2014We were warned by our server, who was outstanding, that the kitchen was behind schedule. She wasn't kidding. Our 1:30 lunch wasn't brought to the table until 3 pm. When the food did arrive, they had forgotten the appetizer and two of the sides. Additionally, they served everyone but me. I had to wait another 10 minutes for my salad. While they were very quick to remove forgotten items from the bill, there is really no excuse for that kind of service. The food was wonderful, and our server was very attentive and professional. It's a mixed review. I'll eat here again... I'll never bring a guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kmattDined on 6/15/2014Our family had a great brunch for Father's Day at The Chop House. Enjoyed the delicious food, friendly staff, and watching the planes taking off and flying in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must do betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014We were a party of 8 and had made a reservation weeks in advance. I received a call days in advance to confirm my reservation. However when we arrived 20 minutes early for our reservation time and checked in with the hostess we had to wait an additional 20 minutes past our reservation time. Then when we were finally shown to our table, we were shown to a 6 top. We had to wait additional time for a larger table to be cleared. Standing around in the dining room. It was embarrassing. Also, a high chair was requested. We were told they were out of high chairs at the moment. Had to wait on that, too. When the high chair finally came, the safety buckle was broken. The food was overlooked. Omelette was dry, burger had to be sent back. Yikes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightLindaVIPDined on 6/14/2014Our reservations were for 8:00 for a party of 7 and upon arrival we were seated immediately. The seating was very comfortable and everyone had elbow room (another words we were not put at a table designed for 6). Our server was delightful and very attentive and the food was delicious - everyone was served at the same time and the orders were served as requested. The wait staff worked as a team and were very attentive. We will return to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerMichaelDined on 6/14/2014We arrived right on time for our reservation but the hostess seemed to be having issues seating my wife and I and the couple before us. However the fried shrimp meal and filet meal that we got were very tasty. We especially enjoyed the special margaritas... Made with liquid nitrogen .... Very cold n much like a sorbet.... We enjoyed our dinner. On the way out the door the hostess ignored our departure(she was busy chatting with a waitress) and didn't say thank you or come back soon. Obviously the hostess was new and didn't know exactly how to treat customers. Still it was loads of fun.Special Features:
- Face lift, please!MariettaJenDined on 6/13/2014Picked Elevations for a Father's Day dinner based on the recommendations of friends. My first impression wasn't good... the interior needs a face lift, BAD. Water on the floor near the bar, questionable cleanliness, menus the size of encyclopedias and booths that look like they've taken a good beating; not at all what I expected from a steakhouse. I stayed reluctantly but I'm glad I did. The food is great! The service is great! The owners just need to thoroughly clean the restaurant and reinvest in a new floor and new booths/tables and chairs. Food and servers get a solid 10, ambiance is great looking out on the tarmac, but the interior gets a 5 (and I'm being kind with that).Special Features:
- Elevation ExcellenceDragonflyDined on 6/13/2014Our dinner for two last evening at Elevation Chophouse and Skybar was a delightful experience! The staff members were friendly and our server was outstanding; she was very attentive and efficient as well as pleasant and fun. Our food was delicious and the atmosphere was relaxing with a lovely view of Kennesaw Mountain and planes landing/taxiing across the tarmac. It was my first time to dine there. (I used a Groupon certificate.) I/we will definitely visit Elevation again and gladly pay full price for a fun time and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; service needs work1dinerDined on 6/10/2014We dined here for our anniversary, which was on a Tuesday night. Our reservation was early (6:00 p.m.), so there were only a couple of other tables occupied while we were there. It was raining and stormy on the night we were there, so there was not much activity on the airstrip. But the restaurant is all windows on one wall and has great views, if anything had been going on. My husband and I both had the Beef Brisket, and it was delicious! It was, also, a very generous serving. The drinks were reasonably-priced, as was our dinner. Our waitress was friendly and our meal came out quickly, but we waited quite awhile after we had finished eating for her to see if we wanted to order dessert or were ready for the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- in a holding patternkgatthetableDined on 6/8/2014Food was good although you can find meal as good for less. My salmon was very good but appetizer was best item we had. While waiting at the bar we ordered a drink from their menu but the bartender clearly didn't know how to make it as kept referring back to the menu for ingredients. When we finished the appetizer I ordered a martini which never made it's way to our table, had to ask another waiter for water, and there was a mix up with my girlfriend's side order. We were compensated by the delivery of three small strands of asparagus (on the house) and a card for a free dessert or drink on our next visit. We did enjoy the view of small planes landing and taking off and while the food was good we'll be giving the card to someone else.Special Features:
- What a surprise!princessmoytoyDined on 6/8/2014Nicer than expected. Food was great. Atmosphere was fun. Short on waitstaff. We will return.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!KLS1031Dined on 6/5/2014Although we have lived in the area for over twenty years, we visited Elevation Restaurant for the first time this past week. The food, drinks and service were excellent. We can't wait to bring our grandkids to Elevation for lunch or brunch as they will enjoy the view of the runway and the planes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IssyDined on 6/3/2014We celebrated our father's 84th birthday and everything was perfect!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantLynneDined on 5/25/2014Great restaurant with a beautiful view especially at sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.