Elevation Chop House and Skybar
1723 McCollum Parkway B#600
Kennesaw, GA 30144Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Elevation Chop House and Skybar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elevationatlanta.com/
- Phone: 7704857469
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday 5pm -10pm
Saturday 11am - 10:00pm
Sunday 11:00am- 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Todd Paige
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Menu Available
- Special Events: Events, Rehearsel dinners, Birthday parties, Anniversarys, & Corporate dinners. Contact our event coordinator, Missi Russo at 678-517-2236
A word from Elevation Chop House and Skybar
The view from the Elevation Chophouse is as spectacular as the food. The entire front of the multi-story structure is constructed of glass panels with a view of Kennesaw Mountain National Park and the aircraft landing and taking off only a few feet away on McCollum Airfield. Only Restaurant in Georgia that makes Liquid Nitrogen Margarita and Martinis Tableside. Chef Driven Menu, all menu items made from scratch daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Elevation Chop House and Skybar - Best Restaurants in Kennesaw ›
Elevation Chop House and Skybar reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (75)special occasion (51)good for groups (34)neighborhood gem (34)romantic (28)fit for foodies (24)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (15)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (7)notable wine list (4)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Sweetest Day!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Lexy is such an awesome waitress! She made sure everything was perfect. Gave great recommendations. My boyfriend LOVED it, keeps talking about itSpecial Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/17/2014We have eaten at Elevation several times and have always been happy with our food. This time was different. My husband decided to try the most expensive steak. It was tough. He had thought he would spurge this time. He was highly disappointed. My food was great. I had fried shrimp and they were cooked properly.Special Features:
- 5 StarsopentableDined on 10/16/2014Highly recommended for a completely enjoyable experience. Food, service and atmosphere were all worthy of a 5 star rating. Food was prepared and seasoned to perfection. We had the Rock Shrimp appetizer and my wife chose the Angus burger while I chose the Ribeye. We both felt the meal was easily on the level with 5 star provisions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual dining spot24dinnerDined on 10/10/2014The food was great, may need to check their old dining ware. Loved the idea of dinin at an airport, a nice conversational piece.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steaksSuzeeQVIPDined on 10/10/2014food and cocktails were very good, great view of the planesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time charm!RockinRobinDined on 10/3/2014This was our first visit. I did not know what to expect, but I was really impressed with the atmosphere, menu, and service. Luke , our waiter, was great. He knew the menu well and made great suggestions. This is a hidden gem. We will return without a doubtSpecial Features:
- GreatInkedDined on 10/2/2014The food is always amazing and the service is generally pretty bad. On my most recent visit, our server was actually pretty good (though new and pretty nervous). Only complaint was the hostess, who was seating people without reservations before people with reservations for some reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going Back...watchtheplanesDined on 9/28/2014Enjoyed a very tasty brunch and plan on going back for dinner...Special Features:
- Great except for parkingNoslackDined on 9/26/2014Everything was perfect , except the parking lot was very dark. Once that is fixed I would give everything a 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok ExperienceTerryDined on 9/26/2014Ok does not mean bad. We had a groupon and was celebrating a birthday with a party of 4. For the price, the experience was ok, but maybe not without the groupon. The service person did not know the food/bar menus-maybe she was new? She kept running back and forth to the service station/bar when we had questions. Filets were cooked to order and without issues. The ribs and risotto was good but the fries with lemon pepper were a little odd. The creme brulee was good. The table side liquid nitrogen margarita was fun. Overall my expectations were higher given the $30/main plates. If the service was more professional/informed and there was a little polish to the booths, tables, floors, it might be worth the value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as always!BekkaDined on 9/21/2014This visit to Elevations Chophouse was for my daughter's 17th birthday. Elevations is on of our most favorite restaurants. We were seated immediately in the upper level dining area. Our party was of 7, and we were seated at the windows. Planes were coming and going during our entire meal. I had the Caribbean Mahi Mahi. It was great! Daughter#2 and husband had shrimp fettuccini. They both raved about it. Daughter#1 had the chicken parm. This is what she always gets. Another ordered salmon which looked amazing! Two steaks were ordered and looked fantastic as well. This was not our first experience, nor will it be our last!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014We went to brunch at Elevation Chop House to celebrate a friend's birthday. Every table in the restaurant has a great view of the runways at this community airport. All of the food our group ordered was delicious and very well prepared. Our server was very professional and very friendly. Prices were reasonable. A great place for any one who enjoys aviation and/or good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Dining at an AirportHasperatDined on 9/13/2014This place has a lot going for it even though it's on a Tarmac at an airport wedged between a quarry, industry and a less than attractive stretch of US41. The food was well prepared and presented - very solid contemporary American fare. We enjoyed our filet, mac-n-cheese, Parmesan risotto and salads. The table-side nitrogen cocktails were novel, delicious and will definitely bring a smile to your face. The view of the airport was interesting and the restaurant does boast probably the best view of Kennesaw Mountain aside from the Georgian Club. Our only complaint was that the UGA game was going on and patrons were overly enthusiastic about the home team winning, which did give a sports bar feel at times. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent - much better than our last visit.Special Features:
- Great for date nightDueEast5Dined on 9/12/2014We love eating here. Food is always good, view is unique and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014I wanted to try something different for our anniversary this year and this restaurant didn't disappoint. Great food, great view, and great service! Expected the restaurant to be crowded on a Friday night but it was actually pretty quiet. Only thing we would recommend would be putting a few more pasta dishes on the menu. My wife's choices were limited but she still enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, great food2manydogsDined on 9/5/2014When we first drove to Elevation Chop House, we were surprised to find it actually on the airport property. We actually drove past it first! Once we realized it was actually on airport grounds, we followed the signs to the restaurant. The view from the restaurant of Kennesaw Mountain, and the airport's runway, are spectacular. The service was very good, and the food was excellent. I had the brisket, which was very tender, and flavorful. My husband had the chicken parmesan, and said it was very flavorful and rich. We dined with a perfect view of the mountain, and got to see several planes take off and land. We would definitely go back to Elevation. We would also recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Great to see the changes!NicknameVIPDined on 8/27/2014I go to Elevation 2-3 times/year because of the wonderful view at sunset. I've learned to enjoy the view while tolerating the food...until now. They've changed...FOR THE BETTER. The food was good, the wine list is now decent and you cannot beat the airstrip at sunset watching the planes take off and land. My fiancee and I decided last night that we're going to go monthly to Elevation...and that is a shocking statement based on what they've been in the past. We had a thoroughly enjoyable meal, wonderful service and a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeating CustomerWHSpeedVIPDined on 8/24/2014We went with another couple that hadn't been there in a long time and once agian the food was loved by all. Two people had steaks, cooked perfectly. The others had salmon and mahi-mahi. We all shared the entrees and determined we all had winners. We tried a couple of Nitro Margaritas which were great, as well as the key lime pie and the bread pudding. Luke, has been our server the last two times we've visited and he was everything you'd want your server to be; personable, knowledgable and engaging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We had bruch here for my birthday. The food was great and the staff was very attentive and friendly. The food came out quickly after we ordered and the view of the airplanes moving around the airbase made it a unique experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great!chicagofanDined on 8/23/2014We visited Elevation for the first time on Saturday. The restaurant seemed very full, but this never affected our service. Elevation was very enjoyable, great food, great service, unique location and drinks frozen with liquid nitrogen. Amazing.
- Nice service!KarenDined on 8/16/2014We were extremely happy with our server, Savannah. She was very attentive and helpful which made our experience MUCH better!! We prefer sitting upstairs but there was yet another private party going on so we ended up having to sit downstairs again. The food was very good - the salmon was great and so was the steak. We had the rock shrimp as an appetizer and it was pretty good also. ALWAYS get the nitrogen margarita! It's awesome!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner Aug 9thMrSkiDined on 8/9/2014Drinks, desserts and meal were outstanding--friendly and a great LOCAL (non-"chain") place to go.Special Features:
- elevation schoolhouse in Kennesaw,divine2dineDined on 8/8/2014We had 830 reservations and we were finally seated at 915. Our drinks orders we served incorrectly. Overall it was a bad experience and we will not be returning to this establishment.Special Features:
- Can count onBobKDined on 8/2/2014You can always count on a great dining experience at Elevations. The atmosphere along with great food and fabulous attentive service makes for a n excellent dining event. Fresh food, prepared the way you like it and served hot to your table. What more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceTheMrsDined on 8/1/2014Table for 4 on a Friday night was a success. I especially loved the nitrogen martinis/margaritas that were made at the tables. It was definitely a show for all. All the food was prepared well, and seasoned perfectly. I had the blackened shrimp fettuccine with a side of sauteed spinach. My husband's filet mignon was also cooked perfectly. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Fun placeLogeDined on 8/1/2014I had heard that this was a good restaurant so I decided to try it out. The pre-dinner drinks are good and quite fun as the liquid nitrogen adds some adventure to the drinks. Since it is named "chop house" I had intended to order a steak but the beef brisket looked so good I couldn't resist. It was tender and delicious. The calamari was good too.Special Features:
- Great, again!PapaBuckDined on 7/29/2014We love Elevation for the food and wine/beer list. Every time thay we have been there we have tried something new. While kids love the place and are more than welcome, I find the kid in me when a plane is landing or taking off. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ViewsMichaelDined on 7/22/2014With tremendous views of the airport, the ambiance is incredible. The drinks are outstanding!Special Features:
- Nitrogen Martini'siluvatlantaDined on 7/19/2014I went for the Nitrogen Martini... It was worth the experience. The food was good. I can't complain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/19/2014Although the nitrogen margarita was awesome, be aware-- the chicken Parmesan has HAM in it, though the menu says nothing about it but, mentions every other ingredient. The waitress was very kind about it, but the manager never came over to apologize or see how we were. Disappointing.
- Wow'd again...jph1786Dined on 7/19/2014Keep coming back to Elevation. It is one of our "go to" places for entertaining out of town guests. Beautiful nightime scene.Special Features:
- brichDined on 7/19/2014Ordered the special which was grilled trout. It came out with the wrong sides. The waiter took it back and it came out with the correct sides but was now so well done it was crunchy. Took a while to get the waiters attention. He apologized and asked me if I wanted something else, I said I would like the trout just done the way it should be. He said no problem. By the time it came out my husband was completely finished with his dinner and waiting for me. It was really good when it finally came out. No one from mgmnt came over to apologize or offer a discount or dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014food is always delicious and the service is always OUTSTANDING!Special Features:
- Overrated.....DissatisfiedDined on 7/18/2014We had wanted to try this restaurant for years. We picked our 27th wedding anniversary. I wish we had chosen someplace else. The restaurant was "good" but nothing to go out of our way for. The steak had some sauce that was not pleasant to the taste buds....even though the steak was very good. The ribs were nothing to write home about. We tried the Sangria and it also was disappointing. I could have gotten a better meal at Longhorns for half the price. The place has an identity crisis....white table clothes trying to be upscale with ESPN playing thru the place trying to target a sports bar for the pilots. We decided to leave and have dessert somewhere else that we knew we would enjoy.Special Features:
- Special Occasion BrunchKLS1031Dined on 7/13/2014We recently held a birthday Sunday brunch at Elevation. The group consisted of 17 people, some babies and children. The children were entertained by the planes, the food was great and the service commendable. We waited a little longer for our food than I would have liked but we were a large group so it was understandable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Came with group of 9 for my Dad's birthday. Food was great and server (Luke or Lucas I think) was fantastic. My Dad is a fan of planes so he really enjoyed the view. I was so pleased that we were seated by the windows and upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME SERVICELoves2flyDined on 7/4/2014The service is AWESOME here. I find myself come here often. The food is GREAT but the service is outstanding. Laine is TOPS. She gives great suggestions and I haven't been disappointed yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch overlooking the runwayChrisVIPDined on 6/29/2014We recently had brunch at Elevation. Great experience - good menu selections and yummy food. I am a picky eater and our waitress was very accommodating (much appreciated!) We really enjoyed sitting next to the wall of windows, watching the planes land and take off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greet food; good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Hostess was accommodating; they were able to seat us a little earlier than our reservation. The length of time between table visits was a little long but overall the service was good. The seemed quite busy but we never felt rushed. We always got we needed and the server Megan was pleasant and knowledgeable. Food was yummy and cooked as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 986 reviews are from the Elevation Chop House and Skybar reviews archive.