Élevage at Epicurean Hotel
1207 S. Howard Ave
Tampa, FL 33606Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Élevage at Epicurean Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://epicureanhotel.com/eat/restaurant/
- Phone: 8139998726x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chad Johnson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Élevage at Epicurean Hotel
At Élevage, James Beard Award Semifinalist, Executive Chef Chad Johnson reexamines classic cuisine from around the world and elevates it with a modern twist. Developed out of Bern's Steak House traditions, this restaurant continues to do things differently with great pride and passion. The concept curates the idea of Nostalgia meets Nouveau in all aspects of Élevage, from the reclaimed wood througout, to the enticing menu items that Chef Chad Johnson brings to life within this concept. The Beverage program is led by Dean Hurst, Director of Spirits, and Eric Hale General Manager/Sommelier of Élevage & EDGE. Combined, they bring both wine and mixology to another level. At EDGE Social Drinkery, the Rooftop Bar, you can enjoy Dean's creations, crafted by Dean and our extremely talented bar team. At Élevage, you can enjoy a world class wine list curated together utlizing all resources within the Bern's family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Élevage at Epicurean Hotel - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Élevage at Epicurean Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (88)notable wine list (58)special occasion (55)hot spot (53)neighborhood gem (45)romantic (33)good for groups (28)vibrant bar scene (26)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (19)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Saved our nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We were dining at a nearby restaurant but left due to the poor quality of food... That's how we ended up at Epicurean. It was my fiance's birthday and we wanted to have an excellent meal and night out. We are so thrilled to have stumbled across The Epicurean. The wine menu is phenomenal!! The waiter offered us a mini tasting and ordered a fantastic Pinot Noir instead of our usual Cabernet. The scallops were cooked and seasoned perfectly. Our dinner was top notch and we had a fantastic time. The staff is incredible from Omar at Valet to the Manager that made sure we were having an incredible night. A BIG THANK YOU to our waiter too! We have found a new favorite dining spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loud, food was decentMissSharpeDined on 10/17/2014Our server was the best thing about our experience at elevage. The atmosphere was extremely noisy, particularly due to the loud, obnoxious seated four tables away. The food was good, a few hits and misses. The butter was outstanding, tasting freshly churned. Overall, decent experience, but not up to Bern's standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 adults2playinghookieDined on 10/16/2014Service was exceptional from the entire staff. Exceptional food would be a complete understatement and would do it no justice. The selection of different flavors and combinations allows for everyone to have something they are going to love. We see a return visit in our near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!MrsJLGDined on 10/15/2014We went for dinner and our server Patrick was outstanding. We could not have asked for better, more professional or friendly service. He was very attentive but not overly so and we wanted for nothing. The atmosphere is a kind of modern, ecclectic decor with a possible underotne of nautical. The found was incredible. We had a starter of lobster gnocci which is nothing like it sounds. Flavorful and plentiful it was a great start. The beet salad was fresh and different. I had scallops (slightly undercooked) and AMAZING goats cheese and roasted tomato grits. My husband had a steak sandwich which was equally amazing Overall we had a great experience and would tell anyone to come here! And thanks again Patrick!Special Features:
- 70th BirthdaycelebrateDined on 10/14/2014Our first Evelage dining experience was yummy and enjoyable. Food offerings right up our alley and our waitress,Tiffany, kept our food and drinks coming...we were stuffed by the end of our small plate(s) meal! A new experience well worth repeating!Special Features:
- Great hotel restaurantPaigeDined on 10/10/2014This was one of the best restaurants we could have eaten at, great décor, lots of history about the family who built it, knowledgeable staff, we would recommend to anyone and especially foodies. We have eaten at some of the best in the country and this place is on our list for the furture.Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestSlowhand0Dined on 10/9/2014Despite so many negative reviews, I treated a friend to a birthday luncheon recently and was underwhelmed to say the least. The best part was the pre-lunch cocktail. We ordered a basket of the "fresh baked artisanal bread" for $4.00. There were four slices of warm, buttered toasted brioche slices, but the rest was dried out, hard, white and rye baguette slices. I had a roasted tomato soup with cheese soldiers. The soup was very tasty but the cheese soldiers were dry and inedible. At this point, my guest ( another foodie like myself) and I decided to play it safe with burgers...lamb for her and beef for me. She enjoyed her lamb burger. Mine was thin and dry. A pecan brownie was lovely to share. The bill with tax and tip $106. Not returning.
- Evening at ElevageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014The food was excellent. Small tables, high noise level and informal dress by wait staff did not provide a feeling of elegance. The atmosphere did not match the pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere - Food MarginalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014I took my friend to lunch for her birthday. We found the food only marginal. We ordered the Homage to Berns and the onion rings were so salty we couldn't eat them. They had apparently sat under a heat lamp for some time because they were also soggy. The service was great as well as the wine. I do plan to give it another try during the dinner hour to see if the food is any better in the evenings.Special Features:
- fantasticBruedemanDined on 9/26/2014Our food was amazing. The veal marsalla was terrific. My fiance had the hanger steak which she loved. It was a beautiful restaurant with great ambiance. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Momsluv2eat2Dined on 9/26/2014Too pricey for the food, my dish was too saltynot enough variety, noise level too high The food was good, service was great. Dessert was the best !! Not worth the drive. Glad we tried it once ( maybe) don't think we will be back for secondsSpecial Features:
- Wow!!!NancyBVIPDined on 9/25/2014I'm not sure which was greater, the fun factor or the food factor. This is a restaurant that simply cannot be missed. Begin with possibly the best service I have ever experienced, move on to a most interesting and quirky menu with items that end up being far more delicious than their names might suggest, and top it off with a warm, if not a bit too loud atmosphere and does it get any better? We ordered several small plates to share and they were all fabulous. The Pork and Beans, the fried green tomatoes, the beet salad, the mushrooms, the cheese plate and oh my god, the steak sandwich, all winners. Great drinks and wine menu as well. We wanted to check out the rooftop bar, but it was raining buckets so that will have to wait for next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/23/2014Excellent food....even with its hotel association, it pulls from the prestigious Bern's past and places it's own twist on food. Excellent service and selection of wine. Knowledgeable staff and very attentive. Good that it is down the street from Bayshore to walk off the calories after done eating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time with great service!JpbfsuDined on 9/21/2014Mark Adam did a remarkable job with the explanation, suggestive selling, and knowledge of the menu. Hostess could have been a little more welcoming and professional. Overall a great experience for our 1yr anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the $$jbj26Dined on 9/20/2014Considering its affiliation with Bern's and considering we ordered $30 entrees, I expected much better food quality. Appetizers and entrees all left much to be desired. Presentation and service were very good, but food quality was similar to Outback/Chile's. You can do much better elsewhere for same $$.
- DisappointedgfdfchickVIPDined on 9/20/2014Nothing on menu looked exciting. Having grown up in Tampa and having dined at Berns often, this was a let down. Felt like I was eating in a barn and paying high end prices. Decor was odd. Been there, won't be back.
- Great Staff and Delicious FoodRiceSpiceDined on 9/19/2014Group of six of us were there for a birthday dinner. Our server was very attentive and catered to everyone's crazy requests and orders. I had the tuna casserole which was beyond excellent and my husband had the hangar steak which he enjoyed. I've been to Elevage a couple of times now and have not been disappointed. Wish it was not such a rainy night because it would have been nice to grab a drink on the rooftop bar, but we walked crossed the street and had post-dinner drinks at Bern's.Special Features:
- Good food, able to hear!LeslieVIPDined on 9/18/2014Good place to meet friends for lunch and actually be able to carry on a conversation and hear each other. The food is very good and the ambience nice. A bit pricey for everyday so go on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waaay too loudPattyPVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were there on a saturday night and the clatter of cutlery and the voices of fellow diners was distracting and unpleasant. We will never eat here again on a busy weekend. The food was very good and the service outstanding, so it's a shame to lose an otherwise fine local restaurant from our repertoire.
- We keep coming back!chetDined on 9/13/2014Ewe have always had a great experience there. The food and the staff are excellent.Special Features:
- Great food, cool atmosphereHeidiDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I enjoyed date night here. The staff was very attentive. The veal chop and steak sandwich were both delicious. We went up to the rooftop bar afterwards to enjoy a drink and nice view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkDelapazDined on 9/11/2014Elevage was recommended for its food and it was a disappointment, the food was at best ok but lacking in flavor and imagination. The server seemed only interested in adding to the bill, overall would not recommend, we have better luck at Edison, Refractory, and a few other places in Tampa
- Trendy spotmarcioDined on 9/6/2014We had a great dinner to celebrate our anniversary. Tiffany, our waitress was outstanding and made some great recommendations. The wine selection is impressive and the food was great. We then moved to the rooftop bar, which has some awesome drinks and a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the vealicequeen83Dined on 8/30/2014Dined at Elevage over the Labor Day weekend. Nice ambiance. The veal and the steak were great! Loved the extensive wine list.Special Features:
- Dinner ExperiencesohodinerDined on 8/30/2014It was our first time at Elevage and it was a wonderful experience. The food was great with elevated flavors. The ambiance was great and loved the décor of the restaurant. The tables are a bit close together but overall, it was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience at ElevageLuvdessert3VIPDined on 8/30/2014We tried Elevage for the first time. It was excellent! The food was fabulous. I kept it simple with the Homage to Bern's and would never believe someone could improve on the Bern's steak sandwich but they did! We also started with the bikini sandwich (fabulous!) and shared mac and cheese. Great experience and excellent service. Before dinner, we hit the rooftop bar, Edge, and enjoyed some great cocktails. Definitely a wonderful evening out.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Went to celebrate a birthday and it was everything we were hoping for and more. The food was outstanding. Our server, Chris was very helpful and gave us a fantastic run down of the restaurant and the menu, as it was our first time. There was a fun choice of cocktails, the food was beyond words, the chef was very accommodating when I wanted to substitute a side and my boyfriend even received a hand written note for his birthday. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brithday DinnerCMPDDined on 8/23/2014Excellent experience, minus the noise level; it was so loud we could not hear the waitress tell us about the menu or anything else she said. We could not even hear ourselves talk, so it became very distracting and annoying. We were celebrating my dad's birthday, and could hardly talk. Otherwise, great experience; I recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish with a hint of interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/17/2014The place is not only upscale and gorgeous but they have a some chefs that are really inspired by freshness. They have a living wall in the cocktail area that is to the ceiling. The chefs come out daily and harvest the greenery that they need for the day. Each dish is has a unique flavor that I have not had anywhere else. We were lucky enough to meet with Chef Max and he was very polite to explain the inspirations that he and his team have had to make some of the dishes we tried. One of my favorites was the French Toast with the Figs and Bacon Marmalade. It is nice to see such a new place getting everything right. We will definitely be back because chefs like Chef Max making dining here a experience to remember!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2014Horrible service, waiter forgot coffee, had to ask numerous times for water, although restaurant was not busy. Will not be back.Special Features:
- Great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014This is a high quality restaurant without the inflated prices. The steak sandwich is wonderful, and is just as good, if not better, than the steak sandwich at sister restaurant Berns. Also, the wine and beer list were extensive. Much simpler and a better atmosphere/view than Berns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie MeccaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014I highly recommend this place to any foodie. From the decor to the use of locally grown/raised food (including inside the restaurant), staff's knowledge of the menu, and the execution of each dish – Elevage truly is an outstanding experience that is easily approachable to anyone. The chef uses popular dishes such as cedar plan salmon, strip steak, and veal marsala but expands the concept uses a large and diverse culinary vocabulary. The techniques and use of ingredients are not easily matched. I can't wait to explore more of the hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A “HAPPENING” KITCHENPatCVIPDined on 8/15/2014My husband has not stopped talking about the golden beet salad since lunch! He said that not being a fan of what is normally thought of as peasant food, this one was incredible! This was a concert of flavors, from the toying sweetness of the roasted golden beets, thinly sliced endive, fresh leaf spinach, “purple haze” goat cheese, in a maple mustard vinaigrette. The beets tasted like fresh pears! We finished lunch with another new entry: a tasty blueberry tart with vanilla ice cream on a bed of cinnamon sugar and blueberry coulis. Needless to say, this is an artful kitchen in the hands of a number of quite talented young chefs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- energetic and noisyjakeVIPDined on 8/14/2014Good food and good service. Some interesting plates, presented well. Place is all tile and concrete with lots of young energetic people so the noise level is pretty high. Otherwise worth a shot if you are in the neighborhood. Do go to the rooftop bar for a drink either before or after dinner if the weather permits.Special Features:
- Delicious as always!Foodiefan24VIPDined on 8/11/2014The place continues to perform. Great service and a wonderful meal! Setting the bar for Tampa and beyond!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service-food was not so goodlouiepDined on 8/9/2014Good service. Food was not good for the price. I dont mind paying for good food, but when the food is average, i feel disappointedSpecial Features:
- Simply Excellent!FloridaFoodieVIPDined on 8/8/2014Elevage may become one of our new favorites in Tampa Bay... Great menu, excellent bar, and outstanding service! Not to be missed...Special Features:
- An Epicurean delight!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/7/2014What a great restaurant! Went twice the same week - once for a business dinner with 12 folks and another for a celebratory dinner. All I can say is WOW! Creative menu; wonderful ingredients; excellent service. Really a delight. This is my new favorite restaurant in Tampa. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableFoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014We go to Elevage frequently because we love the energetic scene, great food and drinks, super bartenders and wait staff. We always feel welcomed. If you want to have a good time out with quality food, this is the place to go. It can be very noisy at times, especially on rainy nights because everyone from the outside rooftop bar runs to the inside bar. The energy just gets better. If you want a quiet night, go elsewhere. And on rainy nights the covered valet area is a big plusSpecial Features:
- Exceeded ExpectationsBourbonAndAbsintheDined on 7/26/2014The dining room was energetic but at the same time we could carry on a conversation without issue among the four of us. The service was outstanding; Attentive and engaging. We split a variety of starters including the scallops, raw oysters and the escargot risotto. Everything was very tasty but the risotto is a must order. The entrees were seasoned and cooked perfectly (monkfish/hanger and strip steaks). The hardest part was deciding what to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.