Elements Restaurant- Taboo Resort
1209 Muskoka Beach Rd
Gravenhurst, ON P1P 1R1Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Elements Restaurant- Taboo Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tabooresort.com/culinary_elements.php
- Phone: 7056878430
- Hours of Operation:
Elements is open daily 7am – 11am for breakfast (closed July and August as breakfast is served in the Boathouse), 12pm - 3pm for lunch (closed July and August as lunch is served in the Boathouse) and 5:30pm – 9:30pm for dinner.
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Canadian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Dymond
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, View
A word from Elements Restaurant- Taboo Resort
Welcome to Elements, Taboo’s fine dining restaurant located right in the hotel. This elegant 100 seat dining room is decorated in soothing tones, contemporary furnishings and features modern art and sculptures. It boasts a fantastic view of beautiful Lake Muskoka making for a perfect romantic dinner or an upscale meal with friends. Enjoy sumptuous dishes prepared daily by our Executive Chef, Andrew Dymond, and his culinary team. New this year, Chef Andy has worked alongside Chef Doug McNish to introduce new vegan menu options to all of our menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Elements Restaurant- Taboo Resort - Best Restaurants in Muskoka ›
Elements Restaurant- Taboo Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (8)special occasion (6)good for groups (3)notable wine list (3)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (1)neighborhood gem (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- WineloversDined on 10/2/2014We enjoyed our dinners but found the prices outrageous. 6 oz of wine was $12.50 ( that's more than the price of a bottle of the same wine in the store). If you bought a 12 oz carafe in the restaurant, it was $29! You do the math.Special Features:
- Used to be...FansofMaineCoonDined on 9/27/2014as reviews in the past show it seemed to be a nice place to have a fine dining. Now it is only expensive .... Menu was short, nothing really special, looked like a normal family restaurant. Service was poor, not trained at all, even complaints did not change a thing. So in the end a horrible evening except for the wine - but this is the result of the winery, not the restaurant .....
- 45 minutes waiting2lateDined on 8/22/2014We stayed at the resort and made reservations several days in advance for our anniversary dinner. I took the later time slot, so that they would have a better chance of a window seat. We arrived on time, to find a large group in the lobby being told that they would have to wait, "10-15 minutes". No big deal, sat down to excellent martini at bar. 8:00 is late to start with, but time clicked by with zero feedback from the restaurant! By 8:30, it was ridiculous - but we waited another 15 minutes for our table; no apology or offer to pick up the cost the drink. Brought in, the restaurant was at least half empty, yet they tried to seat us in the front area, by service station. No apology, nothing. Ruined the night, though food was good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Overall-a great dining experience.having talked to a person at the restaurant earlier in the day I did have to remind the server last minute that we were celebrating a bday.Special Features:
- PauliDDined on 8/12/2014My husband daughter and I enjoyed 3 different entrees. Steak,chicken and pasta.The food was very flavourful and the bottle of white wine was amazing. Our waitress Ashley was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu items and very quick to make suggestions. Our experience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service and hospitalitytooviDined on 8/10/2014I have two kids with certain food allergies, the chef was very kind and outstanding accommodating. we had a great time having dinner in a restaurant all of us together. will come back again, no questions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perhaps worst restaurant experiencelove2dineDined on 7/29/2014This is a beautiful restaurant. Our server was very slow, right from the beginning. Our food took over 1 1/2 hours to arrive. There was obviously some issue in the kitchen, but our server spent the evening just ignoring us. We finally spoke with a manager who made things right for us. It was very unfortunate that our evening was basically ruined by this experience. When we finally received our food, it was excellent.
- Very pleasant eveningjustatethereDined on 7/22/2014Had a family dinner there last week. Service was professional and friendly. And the food was of high quality. Would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSiHingDined on 7/6/2014We found the menu to be no different than going to a jack actors or one of the big box style chains. For the hype and money they charge you're far ahead at a Canyon Creek or Keg style restaurant. The waitress tried to scam us by padding up our bill with extra drinks we didn't have. When I pointed it out she immediately blamed the bartender stating he told her we left the bar without paying for our drinks. Ironically we did have a few drinks before we were seated and the friendly bartender kindly mentioned that we would need to settle up before moving to our table, which we gladly did. Lastly, the menu online is far better than the limited menu at the restaurant. Don't be fooled like we were.
- Culinary Theatre Was OutstandingDominicMDined on 7/6/2014My fiancee and I attended the culinary theater here with Guest Chef Jesse Vallins. Outstanding food, amazing service and dynamite wine pairings. Can't recommend this enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not even close to fine diningSweetmonaDined on 7/5/201445 minutes for appetizers and again between courses. Server laughed when we asked what the hold up was for the food. Table was not cleared of empty glassware and dishes. No bussers or support staff around to help. Table of 6 and each of us was disappointed with the quality and taste of both courses. Beef short rib appetizer was a large bowl of gnocchi in thick cream with tiny shreds of short rib. Caesar salad was flavourless and barely dressed. Flatbread was tough with almost no toppings. Med-rare steak was unseasoned and impossible to chew. Vegetarian pasta dish was just noodle in oil with tiny specks of veg. I guess they figure once they have you there, there is nowhere else to go. In a city, we'd have left before the appetizers arrived.Special Features:
- Trying to hardTorontoGamblersVIPDined on 6/29/2014Food presentation is over done, it just seems they're trying to hard... Picture 1980's fine dining, little portions and lots of drizzle. More time spent on prepping delicious food than trying to present it would be helpful. The food was very average, portion size smaller than any fine dining in a major city. Wait staff is excellent, friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is a little boring, a good playlist would change the feel, but the views are great if you are near a window. You're paying foodie prices and not getting a foodie experience.Special Features:
- The following 6 reviews are from the Elements Restaurant- Taboo Resort reviews archive.
- Lovely eveninglindalouDined on 6/19/2014Good food, good service, beautiful view! If we hadn't of had several of the delicious , but overpriced cocktails our bill would have been more reasonable.Special Features:
- Great view, not so great menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014Wonderful view and great wine list, but very limited menu......I ended up having Flatbread appetizer for main course because nothing else appealed to me.Special Features:
- Love the staff thereShy2014VIPDined on 5/18/2014They treat you like a king and queen. Food was great. everything is great!Special Features:
- Christmas DinnerSlomo44Dined on 12/25/2013We looked forward to having a traditional"roasted Ontario turkey " dinner in the beautiful Elements restaurant on Christmas Day. What a disappointment when our meals arrived and we realized the turkey was rolled turkey breast, not what we would have expected in such an upscale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meh...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/1/2013We were in muskoka for the weekend, read good reviews of this place, so we went there... Food was OK, nothing special... Service was OK, my wife ordered oysters but was told it was sold out but the server didn't come back to her replacement order for 15 min... Kids running and playing all over around us... View was decent only if you have window tables... Bottom line a big meh... Nothing special about this place...Special Features:
- Not greatest visit to TabooOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/15/2013Have eaten here a few times, always lived it and this visit was not the highlight. Taboo seems to be good at staples (burgers, meats, etc.) but pad Thai and other dishes were weak. Will try to make it for brunch next time which was really good the last time I tried it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.