Elements On Level One
2300 Dulles Corner Boulevard
Herndon, VA 20171Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Elements On Level One
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dulles.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/entertainment/restaurants/index.jsp
- Phone: 7037936830x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:30am, Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Dinner: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Warschaw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer off-site catering options to groups from 20 to 100 people in the Herndon/Reston area. Please contact our Catering Department at 703-793-6880 and let us make your next event a successful one!
- Private Party Facilities: Elements offers a private dining room adjacent to the restaurant for groups ranging in size from 10-50 people. The room has a fireplace and the ability to provide a wide variety of seating options for your event. We can accommodate private dining for all meal periods. Please contact us for menu options and pricing.
- Private Party Contact: Ben Garvey 7037936835x
- Entertainment: Only for Special Occasions / Holidays
A word from Elements On Level One
Elements on level one offers contemporary American cuisine using the freshest local ingredients. Our signature dishes include Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, Shanendoah Valley Lamb Chops and our Chocolate Mashed Potato Cake. We are an environmentally friendly company and we source many of our ingredients from local farms in the region. Our wine list focuses primarily on American wines and is maintained by our sommelier. Elements Bar and Lounge is a very open, hip and spacious area with comfortable seating. The Bar and Lounge features ten unique signature cocktails along with a large selection of beers, wines, cocktails and a light fare menu. Happy hour specials Monday through Friday from 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm. We also offer a private dining room that can accommodate groups from 10 - 50 peopleContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Elements On Level One reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
good for groups (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- I wanted to check out thisDannyVIPDined on 3/21/2014I wanted to check out this restaurant for a while to see how good it was. The food was good but I wasnt too impressed. The restaurant is in the Hyatt. There really isnt a separation between the bar sitting area and the restaurant..... They should consider a glass partition or something. Maybe there was more to the restaurant that we didnt see? The host stand wasnt manned but we didnt have to wait long. I ordered the filet mignon med rare, It was medium. stuffed portebello mushroom was good. I didnt realize it was fried as menu didnt mention it. I should have asked. I'm not sure i'd return.
- The service was incrediblyPatriciaVIPDined on 3/12/2014The service was incredibly poor. I felt like we were being rushed out of there. The waiter kept bringing the bill when we wanted to order desert and coffee. The meal was poor quality. When I asked to get a dish without a sauce I was told no exceptions were ever made. I could not even get salad dressing on the side! I would never return or recommend this place.
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2014Our waiter Ivan went above and beyond in making our St Valentin's dinner enjoyable. Nice guy willing to please us. Food was very good and the ambiance very relaxed and quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh. It did in a pinchluv2dineDined on 2/14/2014Wifey and I don't normally go out for Valentines day. This year we did. Went here, and basically, there's nothing special about this normal hotel restaurant and bar. I especially don't think the $100 that we spent was worth it. I could go to Outback and spend $60 on better food.
- Food was fantasticjmmsrudyDined on 2/7/2014I had the seafood paella and my wife had the mushroom ravioli. The food was absolutely fantastic.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, fresh food!LocalFoodieVIPDined on 12/29/2013We had brunch here following a wedding at the hotel. We expected blah hotel food and were pleasantly startled by the made-to-order eggs, wide selection of breakfast meats, lox bar and pastry selections. The fresh squeezed orange juice was another stunner. The service was attentive and friendly. Everyone was dedicated to helping us enjoy our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving Brunch 2013JVdinersDined on 11/28/2013With exception of one particular item, we were pleased with the quality of the food and the attentiveness of the server and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thansgiving Buffetcae1Dined on 11/28/2013Food was very good. Would have been outstanding, but the prime rib was overcooked and tough, but I guess it was turkey time. Also, we had to ask for whip cream for the pumpkin pie. The service was outstanding. Overall, a very nice experience and we would do it again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving DayMikeyDined on 11/28/2013The food was great and the service excellent. Everyone made our Thanksgiving Day buffet a success!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel Restaurant GemPaulVIPDined on 11/18/2013We usually stay clear of hotel restaurants, Put it near a major airport and we give it an extra wide berth. This restaurant is definitey the exception. Great healthy menu called "create your own" Chose your protein, it's size, how it's prepared, sauce and choice of sides. Food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your moneySamuelVIPDined on 10/19/2013I thought I give it a try since it is close to where I live and you get 1000 open table points. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT. In other countries, hotel restaurants (like airline travel) is a luxury item. In America, everything has been commoditized. Elements on Level One is a great disappointment. For a $100 meal, the food tasted poorly. Ahi Tuna was bland and pale. My steak was ordinary. Truffle fries didn't have enough truffle oil. Truffle stuffed mushroom was way too salty (glad I didn't stroke out afterwards). My daughter's spaghetti and meatball was the worst I have tasted. The only ok dish was the caesar salad. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.
- The Best Lamb Chops EverRichieVVIPDined on 9/16/2013My wife and I typically dine out the evening prior to an international flight, and tonight we chose Elements on Level One, based on the reviews. I love lamb chops, and my wife likes ribeye steaks, so those were our choices. Without question, the lamb chops were the best I ever had in my entire life! They were accompanied with special grits and chopped tomatoes, also great tasting. My wife said that her ribeye was also excellent. We finished with a cappuccino, bread pudding and cheese cake. What a great find, prior to eating subtle airline fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2013Food was ok - Ordered the Ahi Tuna but it came back pink in the middle that was good but it was entirely too dry - should have more umph to the meal. Husband's dinner looked ok which he said tasted ok. It is in a hotel lobby but no big deal, however, there wasn't any one there to seat us - had to get the bartender's attention and he didn't know how to check us in via Open Table. Had to wait for the manager, which wasn't long because she was on her way over, reckon she saw us. Would I go back, probably not unless I was staying at the hotel.
- Ambience not impressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2013The restaurant is in a hotel lobby, not ideal. While the food was good, the place was empty on a Saturday evening. The bartender doubled as our waitress and was not very knowledgeable about the menu, but was very polite. Had I know this was in a hotel lobby, I would have never visited. The ambience is just all wrong.
- Good food, great service,hottieVIPDined on 7/23/2013Good food, great service, a little noisy...but worth it.Special Features:
- Good Food, but NoisyBillVIPDined on 7/18/2013This restaurant is located in the lobby of the Hyatt Dulles Hotel. I am generally not a fan of hotel restaurants, even if I am staying in the hotel, but this one was very good. Even though they were busy with a large business group, my service was good and so was my meal of Halibut and grilled Asparagus. However, the large open lobby with the modern décor does not provide a very warm ambiance. Also, the large business group, enjoying their buffet, made for a very noisy atmosphere. If I was comparing it to other hotel restaurants located in the main lobby, I would say it was very good, but my personal preference is toward a smaller and quieter place with more personality.Special Features:
- element 1jimmyDined on 7/6/2013a hotel restaurant without any character. Over priced mediocre food. The tiny spinach salad was drenched with balsamic vinegar. The tuna was virtually tastless with a strange tasting sauce.
- Good foodDonHVIPDined on 6/29/2013The lamb chops were excellent and the salmon was fine. Place was emp as this is in Hyatt hotel at Dulles and it was a Saturday nite. A bit eerie being the only ones there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/8/2013We had a great meal at Elements on Saturday. My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary with our kids and our parents and received excellent service and enjoyed great-tasting food and an overall great experience. Our server brought out all of our food correctly (or made sure it came out correctly) and that is no easy task considering many of our special dietary requests. He was pleasant, was patient with us (our meal was relaxed and lengthy) and even helped us get a group picture. The food was excellent, I loved the club sandwich and buffalo popcorn shrimp appetizer. Thanks for the excellent service and we will definitely be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice LunchPinkShirtGuyVIPDined on 6/8/2013My wife and I stopped in because we were in the area. The restaurant is in the lobby, which is nice. The menu is large but what we had was very good. The cheeseburger was really very good and the grilled chicken sandwich also. Waiter was attentive so all in all no complaints. We would certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingThomVIPDined on 5/24/2013We usually don't choose a hotel restaurant, but other reviews enticed us to try this. The service was very good, and the menu very interesting. They featured healthy offerings with local produce and offered sustainable seafood. But, the entree's were over cooked, making them tough and tasteless. When I mentioned this, the manager apologized and gave us a nice adjustment to our check. They may fix the problem but i don't think we'll be back.
- mother's day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Mostly excellent. My husband is vegetarian and would have liked a few more optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2013It was ok; this was our second visit for a special brunch. The jazz group was great. The food was good, the set up was a little odd and the server did not explain where the buffet items were (the egg/breakfast items were located behind the bar in a mostly separate room), we found it. There was a group attending a convention (pole dancers ?) which seemed a little odd as they walked through the brunch area ... not that there's anything wrong with pole dancing, it just seemed odd as most brunch attendees w/kids were dressed up, the convention attendees looked a little out of place. I think the $50 price was a little over the top for mothers day brunch, we probably will find another alternative next year.
- A pleasant start for our tripOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/29/2013We stayed in the Dulles area the night before leaving for a trip to Italy. I checked Open Table before we left and found this restaurant, which we enjoyed during our very short visit. As we left for 3 and 1/2 weeks right afterwards, I do not remember the details. But I do remember that we enjoyed the whole experience, the service, the location, and, of course, the food.Special Features:
- Very much enjoyed the diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013Very much enjoyed the dining experience. I am a local residence and it truly is a hidden gem. Recommend you advertise and let people you are there.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchMermaidDined on 3/31/2013Very busy, go early or on the later end for a calmer brunch experience. Buffet was very good with high quality items and diversity. Located in the hotel atrium. Lots of natural light and live music.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchSteelCudaVIPDined on 3/31/2013We have been going to the Hyatt Dulles for the last several years for Easter Brunch. They always do a great job. My only complaint is that I wish they had the Ahi Tuna this year and I feel like overall the food choices were less than they have been in the past. Also, it would have been nice to have table cloths in the back section, where we were located.Special Features:
- Although this was a very quietTerriDined on 2/11/2013Although this was a very quiet night, it was very good service and the food was yummy.Special Features:
- Second Thanksgiving visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2012Second Thanksgiving visit to Elements On Level One. The Buffet is great and the staff is wonderful.Special Features:
- It was the Thanksgiving Buffet.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/22/2012It was the Thanksgiving Buffet. Selection was limited but all of the food was decent. Nothing out of this world, but nothing terrible either. Good solid Holiday buffet.
- Good place to enjoy quiet dinnerSheriDined on 10/8/2012We enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere; we had come to talk. The food was seasonal and delicious.Special Features:
- The service was great butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2012The service was great but the food was very so so. Fish and Chips were soggy not crispy. Chicken was flavorless for the most part. Mashed potatoes were good.
- More crab cakes please!InMyOpinionDined on 9/14/2012We'd read the previous reviews and denoted the crabs cakes were a staple...it's true! The two lump crabcakes were awesome...pure meat! Slightly seared on each side on a bed of boiled potatoes and a light cream sauce of some type. They even made my Arnold Palmer correct!Special Features:
- The food overall was unimpressive,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/1/2012The food overall was unimpressive, but maybe we didn't try the right items. The mushroom/goat cheese appetizer was very good, but that was the highlight for us.
- Food was okay. Not exceptional,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/14/2012Food was okay. Not exceptional, but okay. A bit pricy for what it was. Alternately I'd suggest Market Street Bar and Grill at Hyatt Regency Reston, or Mon Ami Gabi in Reston Town Center for a similar price point with far better food.
- The food was excellent! ALynn429VIPDined on 8/11/2012The food was excellent! A wonderful surprise as most airport hotel dining rooms are not known for their high quality food. We would never have found this place if not for Open Table, thanks!Special Features:
- Special Sunday (like Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2012Special Sunday (like Mother's Day) brunches are outstanding. Should offer these brunches more often.Special Features:
- Great local findSheriDined on 7/20/2012Many locally-sourced ingredients are assembled creatively for a tasty, well-presented dining experience.Special Features:
- At hotel due to power outage...PrpleVIPDined on 6/30/2012At hotel due to power outage... Surprised at the quality meal. Cesar salad ok but needs anchovy in the dressing not just on top... Filet excellent but marred by diced potatoes... Look past that... or better yet sub to mashed. Highlight was the bread pudding. Really good! coffe nice and strong. Overal a better meal than I expected at a hotel.
- It was our first time at theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2012It was our first time at the restaurant and we had a good experience. We will definitely go back in the future.Special Features: