675 East Durant Avenue
Aspen, CO 81611Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thelittlenell.com/en/Eat-and-Drink/Element-47.aspx
- Phone: 9709206313
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday - Saturday: 7:00am - 10:30am
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm Friday & Saturday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robert McCormick
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Little Nell offers catering for parties for 10 - 200 and can handle all off-site needs.
- Private Party Facilities: When you select Element 47 for your private party, you have the peace of mind of knowing that The Little Nell’s Five Star/Five Diamond Events Team will bring an unparalleled level of expertise, imagination, and can-do spirit only found at Aspen's most legendary luxury hotel.
This seamless combination of ultra-attentive personalized, detailed services and Aspen’s incredibly rich array of recreational and cultural activities makes The Little Nell an ideal destination for, among other things:
Spectacular Colorado weddings
Desirable incentive trips
Joyous family reunions
Effective corporate functions
Productive Board of Director retreats.
- Private Party Contact: Melina Glavas 9709206322
- Special Events: FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Melina Glavas - Director of Events
A word from Element 47
The Little Nell's latest restaurant revives soulful American cuisine with a distinctive, artistic flair. Savor contemporary cooking infused with seasonal ingredients; Toast a mining town’s heritage with a glass of Colorado beer or spirits, or select from a Burgundy-rich wine list with assistance from an expert Sommelier. Element 47's sleek design creates a memorable dining ambience, highlighted by a large-scale art installation and glass wine wall -- a subtle nod to a prestigious and award-winning wine list. Indulge in breakfast, lunch or dinner at Element 47, and experience world-class, personal service in an approachable and timeless alpine environment. The talents of Executive Chef Robert McCormick and Master Sommelier Jonathan Pullis, who oversees a 15,000 bottle private wine cellar, combine to create a very special meal. Element 47, formerly Montagna, is the recipient of Wine Spectator's Grand Award and is available for private events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Element 47 - Best Restaurants in Aspen ›
Element 47 reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (20)great for outdoor dining (20)special occasion (20)notable wine list (15)romantic (14)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)hot spot (6)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (3)good for groups (2)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A Blown Sunday DinnerRoberson715VIPDined on 8/24/2014Bringing friends who had never been to Aspen to Little Nell and Element 47 I thought would be a treat. Whereas the food was excellent, my wife lingered with her salad and literally had a fork in her mouth when staff arrived with the main courses. My fault, I should have refused the food at that point and taken my chances that when it came back, it would be the same. She was not ready to be done with the salad. No one had checked to see if we were ready. We were out of wine (and considering they are charging at least triple for retail for the wine served there one would think they would be anxious to sell more). By the time the manager arrived, my friend was half done. By the time the wine came, he was done. This was a horrible evening.
- MemorableSallyDined on 8/22/2014Special meal with super attentive service. Local tomato basil and watermelon salad, local cheeses, Colorado lamb, all delicious. Fun game with Somilier for him to choose our wine - a wonderful French Bordeaux we wouldn't have ordered on our own. Lovely finish with coconut ice cream and chocolate mousse. The Little Nell"s signature restaurant is sleek, uber modern and fabulous service to match the food. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Very expensive, portions very small, and taste good but not great.
- Not the sameEatoutoftenVIPDined on 8/17/2014We used to love to come here in the restaurant's previous incarnation, Montagne. While visually the facelift is more appealing now, the food is not nearly the same as beforehand.Special Features:
- Top NotchRealtalkVIPDined on 8/4/2014Food was excellent, and you will pay for it. As long as you know that going in, it is definitely worth it! The freshly baked rolls that are complimentary are absolutely incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorribleMidlandVIPDined on 7/25/2014Ambience of a McDonald's Play Area with food not as good. 4 of us were seated outdoors. A wedding reception kicked off with a DJ within feet of us making any conversation impossible. Meanwhile, wedding guests kept pouring in and out the door having to shout themselves to be heard. As for food, 3 of us had the wagyu beef which was so tough it was all but inedible. For the pros--- good pea soup and desserts( drunken donuts) and extensive wine list. For over $600 for 4 this evening was disappointing at best. In fairness to Element 47, I rated these guys 5 stars last year for a wonderful evening. What a difference a year makes.Special Features:
- zachattachDined on 7/20/2014Both Breakfast and Brunch food was good. Atmosphere was not scene-y at all. Pleasant outdoor seating on a perfect summer day. Missing a mountain view, though. If you are looking for an upscale brunch this an BB's Kitchen would be your only options I believe. Never been to the later, so I can't compare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always exceptionalInDaBizPlusDined on 7/16/2014Superb food, service and wine selection. This restaurant is consistently great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/7/2014Great dinner--especially the vegetable salad and nettle pasta. Service excellent at dinner, quite poor at post dinner outdoor bar. Many servers so not sure what went awry.Special Features:
- Service questionableOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/5/2014Service is terrible at this resturant because no one is teaching the new staff how to serve.Special Features:
- limited menuminnesotaVIPDined on 7/2/2014Lovely setting but the menu was limited. Mu husband and I thought the food was very very good BUT the price of the food was very high. We prefer restaurants with a greater choice of food and found the prices at this restaurant to be excessively high.Special Features:
- Very confused service staffLive4foodVIPDined on 6/22/2014The chef is great, but the way in which they organize their service staff is very confusing. None of them knew what was going on. We were asked if we wanted initial drinks 3x even though we ordered them the first time. The same thing happened with our desserts. The first time we were offered dessert we were still waiting for entrees. It took forever to order our wine for the main course and we had to stop eating so we could enjoy it together. Etc, etc... Many other annoyances. When we asked for the bill it literally took 10 minutes while we stood at the entrance. The funny thing is we watched the staff and managers just messing around in confusion at the service station. It was rediculous. Get your FOH together. Never again!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceJeffDined on 6/21/2014Took 9 clients to Element 47 during Food and Wine, the staff was amazing, the food was perfect, and they handled our party of 10 with no issues, big smiles, professionalism, and also made our night one to remember. The food was delicious, easily ranking up there with the best of Aspen, and the wine selection is everything you could desire. Compliments from me and all of my clients!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Aspen DiningTonyDined on 6/21/2014Wonderful experience! The best restraurant in Aspen!Special Features:
- Silver = GoldSavitarDined on 6/12/2014Superb wine list supports a well constructed menu which is prepared with careful attention to each order. Service is professional, knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Nell never disappoints!AlvinDined on 6/1/2014This is a newer restaurant at the Little Nell but is just as wonderful as its predecessor. By the way, as a hotel, the Little Nell is a class act. Element 47 has a quiet ambiance, romantic booths, an outdoor patio (that allows dogs), fabulous and attentive servers, great wine and not-to-be-missed food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top wine and foodonthemesaDined on 5/31/2014This restaurant has the top wine list in the state, with a strong emphasis on Burgundy not available elsewhere within 1000 miles of Aspen. The food is very creative, up to date, and so this is a destination. The Spring Vegetables salad was very complex--each morsel of perfectly cooked vegetable surprised with a new flavor. A very stylish and fine restaurant that at the same time is relaxed and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 281 reviews are from the Element 47 reviews archive.
- foodie momFoodiemomVIPDined on 4/2/2014Element 47 redefines what is possible in your mountain food experience. Every morsel, from the amusé bouche to the chocolate passion fruit lollipops, we were blown away. The service was exceptional from the very moment we stepped in the door. Our server was a delight. The entire staff was attentive at a level typically experienced at michelin star restaurants. If you only have one fine meal in Aspen, this is the ONE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch in Aspenkjgom1020Dined on 3/29/2014Enjoyed a great lunch with my husband after a hike up Smuggler Mountain. Loved the bottomless Bloody Mary and Mimosa bar. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous, of Course!designer6905Dined on 3/28/2014I normally would have given my usual 5 stars, but our friend who accompanied us order Foie Gras and sent it back twice. He explained that Foie Gras should be warm throughout and it was cold in the center each time it arrived. The rest of us had a fabulous experience. I ordered the oysters to start (YUM), had a kale salad and scallops as my main course. All was delicious. Others at the table ordered the winter salad and quail. All seemed exceedingly pleased. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Fine" isn't good enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014Element 47 is the new hot spot, and the Little Nell dynasty is working hard to live up to the hype. Unfortunately, we were quite disappointed. The mis-en-bouche -- a lentil-mint soup -- was delightful and the onion soup quite good. But our other starter and our main courses were just fine. Which was our response when the manager came around to our table to ask about our meal: "Fine." Now, here was an opportunity for him to ask, "Just fine? We're aiming for outstanding. What is not to your satisfaction?" But, no, the manager replied with a lackluster "Great," then moved on to the next table, who must have been more pleased than we were because he stayed talking with them for over twenty minutes. Our advice: skip it!
- Ridiculous wine list (farOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/18/2014Ridiculous wine list (far too extensive than necessary) and even more inflated prices. For show offs. Unpleasant.
- Great winesJoeyDined on 3/16/2014A great place to be scene, very fashionable, one of the best wine lists I've ever seen. Service was very good. We had to send one plate back because it was under cookedSpecial Features:
- Not the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/14/2014There are too many better restaurants in Aspen to waste time at this overrated one. We were seated in a smaller room that was too enclosed, our waiter was not personable or particularly welcoming, his attitude felt a touch snide. Upon learning that my champagne was flat, he had to be asked again before he replaced the other 2 diners who had pours from the same bottle (the pours were slightly ungenerous, the prices were not). While the food was good, the service put a damper on the evening. At these prices, I would recommend Prospect, Pinon, Chef's Table, etc.Special Features:
- Aspen ShowyKathrynDined on 3/12/2014The service was excellent although I was unimpressed that I paid a hefty bill to share the restaurant with a bulldog and I love dogs. The winter salad was disappointing although the steak was superb!Special Features:
- Wine DelayAlexDined on 3/9/2014It does not make sense a bottle of wine be on the table after the starter served. It really happened and after my complaints, two bottle from different waiters were showed. A kind of a leak of synchronism. To make matters worse, my spouse ordered a trout which has a sauce added extremely salty. The trout was great, but the lentils covered by the salty sauce was a complete disaster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a fun dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/8/2014A completely exquisite experience. The portions were perfect, each dish was delectible. Everyone in our party remarked about how excellent the food is. The attention to detail is high, the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over priced over hypedSLdinersVIPDined on 3/8/2014it was okay but nothing special. Food tried to be creative, for example, their version of de constructed french onion soup was interesting but not unique. The portions were tiny. Ridiculously expensive, even for Aspen. There are alot better options.
- ExtraordinarlySandroDined on 3/8/2014Really special restaurant! The food, service are more then great and delicous! The wine list includes some special european wines. I would nearly recommend this restaurant for a romantic date in Aspen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great b-dayjdcadDined on 3/7/2014wife's birthday dinner was fantastic. the choice of small and large plates was perfect to try several. wine list was extensive good thing we decided on varietal prior or it would have taken hours to review whole list. sommeliers were knowledgable and personal. whole experience an A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place and food as wellBrittettesVIPDined on 3/1/2014We had an amazing time . Friendly staff, great design and te food was great ! Small servings but worth every bite .
- Food was okOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014The food was just ok we were on a party of twelve so we got to taste all the deserts as sugested by our server. They were below average. The service was great and the little nell stands to justifie a visit.Special Features:
- Menu changes often as chefAspenhuskeretteVIPDined on 3/1/2014Menu changes often as chef procures product locally, but everything we had was exceptional -- onion soup and foie gras as appetizers were not the standard you find elsewhere. Truly creative and extraordinarily tasteful. Same with our entrees -- duck and Waygu beef filet. Carrot cake was small but delicious. Our waiter, Dalton, was exceptional, giving great recommendations for food and wine by glass, and attentive but not intrusive service. Newly renovated to be less stuffy, Element 47 has upgraded itself in all areas to be the most exceptional restaurant in Aspen's fine dining scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food environment andLukeDined on 2/28/2014Great food environment and service. Well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Small PlatesMichiganJimDined on 2/18/2014Menu had great small plate options, fantastic wine list, and personable and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2014My son and I went for a light dinner. The wait staff was absolutely wonderful, providing thoughtful suggestions and friendly but over intrusive service. Very accommodating on a special to-go order. Everything was very, very good.Special Features:
- One of the best in AspenwashdcerVIPDined on 2/13/2014We had a great dining experience here. We were staying at the Little Nell over President's Day and of course couldn't pass up the opportunity to dine here. We thought it was one of the best restaurants in Aspen. We shared a small plate, large plate, and dessert and thought that was plenty of food for the two of us. The venison and scallops were outstanding. The bread they bring out for free is really really good. The apple cider doughnut dessert is my favorite. The living room is a good place for a drink and is Chair 9.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FantasticDiningMDVIPDined on 2/13/2014We eat here when we are skiing Aspen/Snowmass. It's always a fantastic meal with exceptional service. There isn't a bad thing to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowcarsNfoodVIPDined on 2/7/2014Aspen is a tourist city. The food probably could be above average and still be in business... But Element 47 adds a dining experience that will rival your home town bestest restaurant --- this place cares and what is evident, they excel to be one of the finest restaurants, in the country, Ask for a booth.Special Features:
- excellentaspenDined on 2/5/2014we had one of the best meals we've had at the Nell in the past eight years. every course was perfectly prepared and presented. wine selections (assisted by the sommelier) were excellent, service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.