8222 1/2 W. Third Street
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.electrickarma.com/
- Phone: 3236532121
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: paramjit khinda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer specialized catering for any event for 20-1000 people.
- Entertainment: Romantic Bollywood movies are projected on a big screen in the main dining room.
A word from Electric Karma
In the heart of West Hollywood, California, upscale Indian restaurant Electric Karma is popular with both celebrities and neighborhood locals, who praise the authentic Punjabi cuisine prepared with unconventional flair by owner and chef Paramjit Singh. The management and staff are on a first-name basis with regular customers, creating a warm and friendly atmosphere to match the backdrop of Electric Karma’s romantic, open-air courtyard and candle-lit dining room. At night, films of Indian beauty Ashwariya Rai and other Bollywood stars are projected silently above the main dining room to the ambient sounds of world or house music, giving the restaurant a Hollywood hipster air. Electric Karma’s heated courtyard is ideal year-round for both intimate, private gatherings and special business occasions. Appetizers include traditional vegetarian samosas seasoned with tamarind and sweet tomato chutney, pakoras fritters, sambar soup and cheese naan with mango chutney.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Electric Karma reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)romantic (7)special occasion (7)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Love itMongaposDined on 10/12/2014Such a good expierence love everything of it!! The place the food the service mmhhh delicious!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great decor, great foodPdemelloDined on 10/4/2014This is my favorite Indian restaurant in LA. The food is great and the ambience is even better. The waiter is very helpful and friendly, they take care of you pretty well.Special Features:
- Karma was just rightAMPorterfieldDined on 8/31/2014We'd come here before for a glass of wine at the bar before trotting off somewhere else. This time we came for dinner, and it was outstanding. The grilled eggplant appetizer was crisp outside and soft in, with a great dab of sauce on each piece. Chicken nirvana, was, um, nirvana, as was the lamb special. The wait staff was very attentive (without overdoing it).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special, delightful and deliciousFaulknerVIPDined on 8/12/2014The food, service and ambiance were so good that we kept saying we're coming back here soon -- this was our first time. It's an A+!!Special Features:
- Amazing food, best serviceMoeMoneyMoeFoodDined on 8/11/2014We had the best waiter. My friend had never had indian food and so he walked her through everything on the menu. He also taught us how to make some of the things they have on the menu! The food was phenomenal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Great food, very friendly staff and owner. Monday was a slow night but was perfect for our small group to enjoy the experience.Special Features:
- Branching outnew2LADined on 7/26/2014We went there to find a new restaurant. This was very good. We will definitely go back. Service was fine. Yelp had reviews of poor service, not so with our visit. We did have to get her attention, but she came right over. We actually enjoyed that she didn't hoover.Special Features:
- Awesome!LaylayDined on 7/18/2014This was exactley as i pictured it and wonderful i loved every bit of it. Food was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 137 reviews are from the Electric Karma reviews archive.
- Great food, HORRID serviceLAfoodieDVIPDined on 5/12/2014Would never dine here again or recommend it, based on: checked on ~twice in a two hour period, waited 30 minutes for an iced tea refill, had to get up and ask for service multiple times, staff forgot dishes, etc.
- yummy!biscuittVIPDined on 4/20/2014the food here is always great! i went during passover so i couldn't have the naan. i ordered the combo for one w/ vindaloo chicken. it give you a taste of a few things which i love! the service was also really good. about 4 people came over to our table to ask how we were doingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/18/2014So colorful, so fun - and the food is out of this world delicious. Perfect for a Girls' Night Out! And order the coconut-cherry naan for a sweet change up.Special Features:
- Ahmed is a bossahmedisabossDined on 3/30/2014Food was great, and loved our waiter. He was friendly and made me and my girlfriend feel really comfortable. Only real problem I had, was they took a really long time giving us our check and our take out boxes after we asked for them. Minor issue, other than that a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and movies too!CathyDined on 3/25/2014Really enjoyable evening with delicious food, attentive service and Bollywood extravaganzas. Lots of fun. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Delicious & charmingCatSezDined on 3/6/2014Wonderful food. Perfect naan. Lovely, gracious service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not only is the food amazing,NazyVIPDined on 2/27/2014Not only is the food amazing, the decor is great! It's very serene and relaxing and a great place to cozy up and have a romantic dinner! ... Did I mention the food is great?! :)Special Features:
- I was still hungry when IOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/10/2014I was still hungry when I left, despite spending about $20/person. Other than that, it was good.
- Very Cute & Cozy Indian RestaurantJennDined on 1/30/2014I went to this neighborhood gem on a date and loved it. the service was wonderful and the food was amazing. I loved the low table seating, too. A great find and wonderful food1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & Servicezeke00Dined on 1/4/2014Excellent Food, Excellent Service. I would definitely recommend it to everyone for romantic and non romantic events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the floor seatingSAroraDined on 12/9/2013I booked this place for 2 esp. because of the reviews of its exciting floor seating. I've been bored of the boring table chair setting and I enjoyed the quaint, cosy, informal, floor setting here(very earthy & colourful; somewhat based on an Indian village courtyard). We were here for an early lunch so it was only us for almost the entire 1 1/2 hrs. duration; we've read it becomes packed at night. The service was decent, but could have been more particular since we had to ask for couple of things, including bowls to eat the curd raita we'd ordered. The owner, who belongs to N. India was very humble and amiable, and our lunch ended with some good old Indian masala chai served personally by him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date SpotADeGaDined on 11/13/2013This is a wonderful place for an intimate date, especially if you sit on the floor in the back room. There is something about sitting on the floor that eases the tension and allows you to be more comfortable with your date. The decor was fun and the food was phenomenal. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My 2 centsAlikVIPDined on 11/8/2013Worst service ever!!! Had reservations and waited... Then waited for drinks... When the they finally came to take the order,, none of the food come with NAAN's. Really you order Indian food and no rice or NAAN.. Great!! No biggy that's their business mod You guys really need to check that out though. Next food arrives .. Oh the NAANs that we had to order came before the entrees... That's smart guys, let them get cold. Bottom line we saw the waiter once and the other helpers like twice. Decent food and decor , service really needs an over haul!Special Features:
- Fantastic food and wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/8/2013Fantastic food and wonderful staff! We asked them if they knew of a specific dish, and even though it was not on the menu, they made it for us. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a nice surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2013I had not been to Electric Karma for some years. My mistake. Food was great and the service was friendly. We had a great dinner and enjoyed the leftovers the next day to revisit a great night at what will now become a monthly favorite.Special Features:
- The food is delicious, theRancheroDined on 9/20/2013The food is delicious, the portions are perfectly adequate and the prices are low by LA standards. And there's off-street parking if you're patient enough to seek it out. The 8200 W. Third Street neighborhood is simultaneously heimish and hip. We will definitely return to Electric Karma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Indian diningOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/18/2013I was looking for something between LAX and the Valley to take my wife after returning from a trip to Amsterdam. Having just enjoyed Indian food in Amsterdam, I think Electric Karma was right on par. The Chicken Korma and Lamb Tikka Massala was delicious. The sauces had very nice texture and flavor. The atmosphere was very romantic. There is traditional dining in the front and a courtyard in the back with low tables and couch style cushions on the floor for a very fun dining experience. If you're not used to this type of seating you may want to opt for the traditional table dining, getting up up after dinner can become a challenge. Electric Karma is a nice intimate restaurant with delicious food. We're looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- yumm!biscuittVIPDined on 8/9/2013the food is always great! i tried a compo dinner for the 1st time and you get a good taste of 3 things...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/5/2013Everything was delicious and the service well done. Next time we may sit in open room back-of-the-restaurant area. Looked nice.
- Traditional Indian atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2013Traditional Indian atmosphere with traditional food. Overall nice execution, nothing innovative thoughSpecial Features:
- Best Indian Fare in TownOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2013I hadn't been back to Electric Karma in nearly 5 years and I don't know what kept me away so long! We were a very demanding group of 6 restaurant snobs and no one left disappointed. The food was outstanding - we started with the scallops marsala which came in a wonderfully light and flavourful creamy sauce. The onion pakora is also noteworthy - prepared lightly battered and fried, it was served fresh and crispy. My main dish was the chicken saag which I think is the best in town - the dish is more spinach than sauce and is loaded with tender chicken. That served with saffron rice made the dish light, fresh and delicious. Service was spot on attentive and knowledgeable. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/11/2013Delicious food, friendly and attentive service, and the ambience is charming and quite romantic! Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- The food was great, the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/6/2013The food was great, the service was not. The restaurant was not even busy, the servers were not occupied, and yet we had to get up from the table to get them to come to our table. No one ever checked to see how things were going. Water was never refilled, plates were not taken off the table at the end of the meal, and just neglect in general. Again it would be understandable if the place was busy and there weren't enough servers, but quite the contrary. The food was great and it has good ambiance. I would probably go again, but would hate to see a pattern in this service. They definitely need training in customer service.
- Had great time in the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/9/2013Had great time in the patio area, food was great, and I will definitely return.
- I've been to Electric KarmaOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/8/2013I've been to Electric Karma before and always had a great, efficient, and friendly service. But on this particular night (2/8/13), service was extremely poor. Meal was good as usual but when it came time to enjoy our coffee, only one of us had received our coffee, three was originally ordered - where was the other two?? On top of that, we had to request for our check about 3-4 times. What happened Electric Karma?! I've always had a good experience here...Special Features:
- Peaceful Karma, pleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Love the Indian decor in the dining room, but we felt rushed by the waiter to choose our dishes quickly without discussion. Then the main course dishes came when we had eaten half of the starter, so we sent it back and said we weren't ready. After that, the main and dessert came slowly, when we were ready - so we relaxed. The food was tasty and well-cooked, somewhat generic Indian dishes. My husband and I were pleased that the manager came personally to each table to ask if everything was all right, but we didn't want to complain about the service. The waiters are professional and efficient, food good, lovely decor and ambience - just relax please and don't rush the diners.Special Features:
- Celebrated my husbands birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/8/2013Celebrated my husbands birthday here. We were hungry when we got there. Hostess was not smiling the whole time and we waited for a while before some was ready to get our order. Server was apologetic. Food was great!Special Features:
- i've been about 10 times andbiscuittVIPDined on 1/1/2013i've been about 10 times and the service used to be really bad. the last 2 times, it has been wonderful. the food is always yummy!Special Features:
- Fabtastic restaurant. ThisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/21/2012Fabtastic restaurant. This one is on par with the great ones in London. The food is sublime and complex. Been there multiple times and havent been disappointed yet.Special Features:
- food is always great! thisbiscuittVIPDined on 12/5/2012food is always great! this time the service improved too :)Special Features:
- Love this ambiance and theNicknameVIPDined on 12/1/2012Love this ambiance and the crazy Bollywood movies but the service has always been less than stellar. The other night we were seated but didn't see a waiter for 10 minutes even though the restaurant was under half filled. They sat people next to us and of course the waiter that came helped them first. Nice, friendly wait staff but they have to step up the service!Special Features:
- I had the most fabulous time!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2012I had the most fabulous time! Excellent cuisine, staff and ambiance!!! Electric Karma is an amazing restaurant, best Indian Food in town!Special Features: