Ela's Blu Water Grille
One Shelter Cove Ln
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Ela's Blu Water Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elasgrille.com/
- Phone: 8437853030x
- Hours of Operation:
BRUNCH: Sunday 11:00 - 2:00pm
LUNCH: Monday - Friday 11:00 - 2:00pm
DINNER: Daily 5:00 - 10:00pm
LIVE ENTERTAINMENT: Thursday - Sunday 7pm -10pm F
Thursdays 7pm - 10pm : HARRY SANTANA
Fridays/Saturdays 7pm - 10pm : JOHN WASEM
Fridays/Saturdays 7pm - 10pm : REID RICHMOND
Sundays 11am - 2pm: MARTIN LESCH
Sundays 7pm - 10pm : TIM MALCHAK
Private Party bookings available in our Penthouse Private Dining Room
Docking fees/ complimentary when arriving by boat with reservations
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Meagen Mehaffey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Second Level private dining for Wedding & Private events for up to 80pp
Penthouse VIP Dining Room available for parties up to 20pp
- Private Party Facilities: Best Water View Dining on Hilton Head
Book your next event with us
- Private Party Contact: Ken Mehaffey - General Manager 8437853030x
- Entertainment: Original Artist Productions,Classic Rock, Island Music
Reid Richmond every Thursday from 7 - 11pm
John Wasem every Friday & Saturday from 7 - 11pm
Martin Lesch every Sunday 11-2pm
Tim Malchak every Sunday 7-10pm
- Public Transit: OMNI RESORT / MARRIOTT RESORT / WESTIN RESORT offer free shuttles to ELA'S
Palmetto Dunes - DunesBuggy - free shuttle to ELA's
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Enter Shelter Cove Harbour and follow Shelter Cove Lane to the private parking for guests.
OMNI RESORT / MARRIOTT RESORT / WESTIN RESORT offer free shuttles to ELA'S
For directions call our concierge at 843-785-3030
A word from Ela's Blu Water Grille
Featured in Bon Appetit and the winner of numerous Open Table awards, ELA's Blu Water Grille is a shining star on the Hilton Head culinary scene. Fresh catch seafood and prime cut steaks of the highest quality, artfully prepared by Chef Meagen Mehaffey, compliment the extensive boutique wine selection. Located at Shelter Cove Harbour overlooking the marina and Broad Creek, ELA's is known for the best water views on the island. A casual intimate interior, wrap around dining patio exterior, and nightly entertainment provided by local recording artists sets the perfect dining experience or location to host special events, private parties, or rehearsal dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Ela's Blu Water Grille - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Ela's Blu Water Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (177)great for outdoor dining (147)romantic (120)special occasion (119)fit for foodies (73)notable wine list (51)neighborhood gem (51)good for groups (23)great for brunch (22)great for lunch (19)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- shrimp cocktail and apex predatorsavocatVIPDined on 8/27/2014We enjoyed shrimp cocktail and relished swordfish skewered. Ahi tartare? Not so much. The shrimp was pure fun. A crunchy salad lay hidden beneath a horseradish sauce with 6 giant shrimp hanging out atop it all. The other memorable dish was simple cubes of swordfish alongside bell peppers and red onions, thrown on a grill. The setting of this spot was lovely at sunset. Views toward the northwest across a marina as yachts came by at the end of the day. As darkness fell,lights sparkled on the waterway. Romance worthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern style cookingItaloKiwiDined on 8/27/2014Upmarket restaurant with upmarket pricing. We ordered flounder which was served with asparagus and carrots wrapped in the middle with some kind of béarnaise sauce on top. I thought that this looked good and tasted bad. Flounder is a bland fish and was accompanied by a Bernaise sauce. Bearnaise sauce is a traditional accompaniment for steak in France and I think is ill-suited for flounder. Didn't anyone taste this dish before they served it up? The herbs are designed to bring out the flavour in the meat; flavours that don't exist in fish. The vegetables were effectively steamed inside the wrapped fish but they were actually undercooked - nobody checked whether the fish and the vegetables cook at the same rate - hint: they don't.Special Features:
- Our Favorite on HHI!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Ela's is located on the Shelter Cove Harbor and it sets a beautiful stage for romance and special occasions. Sitting on the balcony and watching the sun set is a site we come back for often. Earl and the staff at Ela's are attentive and menu is never disappointing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Ela's is one of our favorite restaurants on the island. We had dinner on the veranda with a cool breeze and temps in the mid-80s. Awesome sunset views of the marshland and marina. The cobia and duck were outstanding dishes. Best Key Lime pie on HHI. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Enjoyed everything. Food was great, Service was great Beautiful View Would highly reccommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatingbywaterHHIluvtoeatDined on 8/25/2014Food was excellent, service excellent and view excellent. Highly recommend fried green tomatoes. Best I've had in area and I'm trying them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice BrunchClub1136Dined on 8/24/2014We had a very nice meal here with very good service . Our waitress Vanessa was very friendly and pleasant. Eggs Benedict were very good!Special Features:
- It Doesn't Get Any BetterRWAHHDined on 8/23/2014Once again our experience at ELA's was extraordinary. The Food, The Service, The ambience and view all extraordinary. One of us had the Grouper from the menu and the other the Chef's Special fresh Cobia on Lo Mein noodles and Bok Choy which was an explosion of flavors. In any case both dishes were prepared to a paramount of flavors. Our server Amber was just exceptional she has to be one of the best on Hilton Head Island. We cannot recommend ELA's enough, if you are looking for an exceptional dinning experience and ambience on Hilton Head, don't miss ELA'sSpecial Features:
- To die for!SueMDined on 8/23/2014We went to the restaurant for my birthday dinner. In my OpenTable reservation, I requested a table by the window to take in the great water views and we were thrilled with the table provided. Dinner was amazing - from the fresh warm breads, freshly shucked oysters on the half shell, to the huge shrimp cocktail my husband had, and through to our excellent filet mignon steaks (his well done, mine Pittsburgh rare, and both done perfectly!). Service was ok, though our waiter was a bit full of himself. Still, I'd highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great meal and wonderful setting. If it hadn't been quite so hot, we would have sat outdoors. We'll be back to do that in the fall.Special Features:
- Everything came togetherSearcherVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had dinner at Ela's for the first time this week. It was one of the best meals we have had in years. The view, the best in Hilton Head, the service, perfect and the food could not have been better. I had the Scallops and they were excellent. My wife had the Crab Cakes. They had a roasted taste and cooked just right. The Calamari was some of the best ever. It was cut thick like French fries not in rings and as tender as I have ever had. The wine suggestion was just right. A meal we will remember for a long time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Fantastic ocean view. Great service. Swordfish kabob was excellent. Drinks spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XxxxVIPDined on 8/17/2014Ela's was excellent! We loved the musician on a Sunday night who played great rock classics on guitar. The beet salad was great and the grouper very enjoyable. Our waiter was very accommodating with special requests. Everyone was happy with the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceHHpeopleDined on 8/17/2014The view was beautiful , yachts everywhere ! The food was tasteful, at first it looked like a little bit of food but I ended up full and not even finishing . Loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't be disappointedkmj72Dined on 8/16/2014Service was great! Great water front views, especially in the evening with the candles and patio lighting. Great menu selection, everything we tried was very good.We loved it so much we ate there twice during our stay on Hilton Head!Special Features:
- beautiful views,great menu ,servicesashapitsDined on 8/16/2014Not only was the view terrific but the menu as well as the staff were terrific! First time but will not forget and will be back.Special Features:
- Very goodKennyGDined on 8/15/2014We visited Ela's while we were in Hilton head last week and as in past visits we found it to be very good. We always take an outdoor table overlooking Shelter Cove Marina and Broad Creek. If you have not been to Ela's you should give it a try. The food is always very good and the outdoor view is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/13/2014Chef was not on duty for the night and the line cooks were not up to the challenge, chef we had read about had left and the new one had taken the night .line cooks need more training to maintain consistency in the food .ambience location beautiful .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedNICKDined on 8/13/2014Ela's was a great experience. The crabcakes & swordfish skewer starters were terrific, the pan seared snapper was consumed with extreme haste. The grouper was delectable and well presented. Will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedLuluDined on 8/11/2014We went for a special night our and while it was lovely, the food was not up to par. My husband was up half the night - duck from either the oysters if the snapper. The only good part of the meal was the dessert. Definitely not worth the high price we paid.Special Features:
- Worth a VisitWeeatoutalotDined on 8/10/2014Food was very good. We enjoyed our evening and the ambience. Our service was good. I would definitely recommend the restaurant and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Ela'sSchrockyDined on 8/10/2014If your looking for ambiance, terrific view and wonderful food, then you've found your place. Lobster Bisque was to die for, the grouper and scallops were nothing short of fabulous. We had terrific service as well. Add Ela's as your must go to the next time you're in Hilton Head!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok foodKristinDined on 8/9/2014My fish was raw in the middle. They cooked me a new piece with no issues but it wasn't great either... No flavor. They comped Dessert but took nothing off the fish. My husband was almost finished with his meal by the time my correctly cooked fish came.Special Features:
- wonderful dinnerSusanVIPDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I came here for our wedding anniversary. The food was superb and the service exceptional. The only down side was two women at the table nearby arguing over the food bill. We will definitely come back!Special Features:
- BethBethc225Dined on 8/5/2014We celebrated our 42nd wedding anniversary at Ela's . We knew nothing about the restaurant , and found it on line. We were thrilled with the experience. The food was amazing....not cheap, but amazing. Service was great and the location was wonderful. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- FoodMargo75Dined on 8/5/2014Food was expensive for quality. Calamari was most unusual. Sauces made them edible. Oysters not of good quality. Sides were not quality for restaurant of this expense Requested reservations at 7. Could not get. when we left at 7:30 several tables empty. Noise from a group with 7 or 8 small children at a table away from parents.Special Features:
- Wonderful place!!PackerfanDined on 8/2/2014We went to dinner here while on a business trip. Made reservations for three at seven. We were 25 minutes early and they seated us right away! The food was great! I had the scallops and they were big and very tasty! Will be back for another meal when we visit Hilton Head Island again!Special Features:
- Little priceyalittlepriceyDined on 7/31/2014This was our third year dining at Ela's during our summer vacation in HH. Once again we were very pleased with our experience. Food, service, live music, wine all very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would like to keep to myselfTNtrvlVIPDined on 7/28/2014We have eaten here three times when vacationing. Elas has become a favorite and so far not overcrowded as it is tucked away to itself. Best outside dining in Hilton HeadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view but not 4 usLUV2EATDined on 7/28/2014Arrived on time with our open table reservation and were escorted to the outdoor balcony with over 90 degrees, humidity and thunderstorm threat. When asked to be seated indoors by a window we were told "the tables are all spoken for" and seated cramped in back. Three out of four liked their dinners the fourth said his flounder was overcooked and dry. Our bill was $206 for the four of us and those window tables remained empty all evening. We felt punished but for what?
- Good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014We enjoyed the food. We sat indoors because it was very hot and humid outside (late July). Indoors was pleasant and live music was entertaining. the food was delicious. Service was average for the prices.Special Features:
- familyof5Dined on 7/27/2014Dined with family - Staff was extremely polite and welcoming. From appetizers to desserts, the food is absolutely fantastic. Extremely pleased and worth every penny. My family enjoyed a wonderful evening out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014A peaceful and relaxing location to begin our trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthday celebrationsmd301Dined on 7/26/2014We came to Ela's on a recommendation from others and I am so glad we did. The calamari and lobster nachos were so good for appetizers!! The best entrees on our table were the swordfish, crab cakes and flounder but the rib eye was HUGE and equally good We were just too full to put a dent in it. We had a great evening celebrating a great birthday!! And thank you to a great wait staff!! They were very friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RDA2176VIPDined on 7/25/2014Had not been there for for almost a year. Better than ever. Great food and service with a great view even though it rained that night.Special Features:
- saraDined on 7/24/2014Excellent food and service! Our waitress was very knowledgeable about all the items on the menu. Can't beat the waterfront view! Our group of six each tried something different and all dishes, from salads to entrees to desserts were beautifully presented and very delicious! We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful ViewJewelsDined on 7/22/2014We celebrated my birthday here with our 3 children. The ambiance was great and the view even better. It overlooks a very nice marina, and since we love boats it was a great view for us. It is walking distance to shelter cove so if you are planning to see Shannon Tanner and/or fireworks after dinner, then its a great spot. The calamari was delicious as was our meal. The server was just okay. He wasn't very inviting although he did "serve" us well enough.Special Features:
- Don't Miss this Neighborhood GemDennisSVIPDined on 7/19/2014Great views of the Harbor. Service was outstanding as was the food. Our server was knowledgeable of the menu items and made wonderful recommendations.Special Features:
- Food & VIEWOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/16/2014WE BOTH HAD A DELICIOUS FISH DINNER AND THE SETTING, LOOKING OVER THE HARBOR WAS PERFECT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better last yearMommyDined on 7/15/2014My family ate here in July of 2013. My husband and I had the scallops. It was so delicious. I was excited to go back again this year. I ordered the same dish but it was prepared differently and I'm not sure the scallops were fully cooked. I much preferred last years perparation with the balsomic glaze. I'm not sure that we will go back again next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ela's is a special place for HHIArtGfromCLTDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant is in a great location and is privately owned and operated by experienced professionals. The staff is friendly without being overbearing. A very inviting menu with many locals fresh fish items. The food was delivered promptly, presented smartly, served hot and was excellent! I would highly recommend Ela's for almost any occasion but if you are looking for something just a little bit better than the usual this is definitely the place on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.