Ela's Blu Water Grille
One Shelter Cove Ln
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Ela's Blu Water Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elasgrille.com/
- Phone: (843) 785-3030
- Hours of Operation:
BRUNCH: Sunday 11:00 - 2:00pm
LUNCH: Monday - Friday 11:00 - 2:00pm
DINNER: Daily 5:00 - 10:00pm
LIVE ENTERTAINMENT: Thursday - Sunday 7pm -10pm F
Thursdays 7pm - 10pm : HARRY SANTANA
Fridays/Saturdays 7pm - 10pm : JOHN WASEM
Fridays/Saturdays 7pm - 10pm : REID RICHMOND
Sundays 11am - 2pm: MARTIN LESCH
Sundays 7pm - 10pm : TIM MALCHAK
Private Party bookings available in our Penthouse Private Dining Room
Docking fees/ complimentary when arriving by boat with reservations
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Ryan Alpaugh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Second Level private dining for Wedding & Private events for up to 80pp
Penthouse VIP Dining Room available for parties up to 20pp
- Private Party Facilities: Best Water View Dining on Hilton Head
Book your next event with us
- Private Party Contact: Ken Mehaffey - General Manager 8437853030x
- Entertainment: Original Artist Productions, Classic Rock, Island Music
Reid Richmond every Thursday from 7 - 11pm
John Wasem every Friday & Saturday from 7 - 11pm
Bill Peterson every Sunday 11 - 2pm
Tim Malchak every Sunday 7 - 10pm
- Public Transit: OMNI RESORT / MARRIOTT RESORT / WESTIN RESORT offer free shuttles to ELA'S
Palmetto Dunes - DunesBuggy - free shuttle to ELA's
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Enter Shelter Cove Harbour and follow Shelter Cove Lane to the private parking for guests.
OMNI RESORT / MARRIOTT RESORT / WESTIN RESORT offer free shuttles to ELA'S
For directions call our concierge at 843-785-3030
A word from Ela's Blu Water Grille
Featured in Bon Appetit and the winner of numerous Open Table awards, ELA's Blu Water Grille is a shining star on the Hilton Head scene. Fresh catch seafood and prime cut steaks of the highest quality, artfully prepared by our culinary team of experts, compliment the extensive boutique wine selection. Located at Shelter Cove Harbour overlooking the marina and Broad Creek, ELA's is known for the best water views on the island. A casual intimate interior, wrap around dining patio exterior, and nightly entertainment provided by local recording artists sets the perfect dining experience or location to host special events, private parties, or rehearsal dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ela's Blu Water Grille - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Ela's Blu Water Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (149)great for outdoor dining (122)romantic (99)special occasion (96)fit for foodies (69)notable wine list (48)neighborhood gem (45)good for groups (17)great for brunch (17)great for lunch (15)hot spot (13)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great LocationHHI2EatDined on 11/23/2014Great view overlooking the marina. Food was excellent and the live music was an extra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Find for Great Food and Wine ListOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/16/2014Visiting Hilton Head and looking for a casual fine ding restaurant with great atmosphere. Elsa's had it all plus a guitar player singer playing oldies in the bar that you could hear in dining room - nice background music! Our waiter was outstanding and took great care of us! Food was excellent - Filet was tender, short ribs fell off the bone, red striped very good. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMaryVIPDined on 11/14/2014Heard rave reviews but the food didn't measure up. Three of us had the grouper on mashed potatoes w/vegies. All were very dry and tasteless. I understand al dente, but I couldn't cut my vegies with the knife that I had. On the plus side, the salad & the calamari were good and one person had the flounder which was very good; however, for the price of the food & drinks, I had expected better quality.
- ExcellentHappyhappyDined on 11/11/2014Dinner at ela's should be on everybody's list when choosing a place to dine on hiltonhead. The views of broad creek and the marina are spectacular even after the sun sets and you can't really see the water. The food, service and wine selections were as good as you can find. I will definitely reccomend ela's to everyone I know and keep it at the top of my list for great restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An impressive eveningJazzmanDined on 11/9/2014A bit difficult to find at night, but once we were there we were seated a a table overlooking the marina. Our young waitress was most cordial and helpful, and the resulting courses wre loved by all at our table. The entertainer Tim Malcheck was a pleasant low-key guitarist and vocalist who added another dimension to the atmosphere. We'll be going back there again, now that we know how to find it.Special Features:
- not so good this timeHHRaeDined on 11/6/2014Have been to Ela's several times. Food and service were always good. This time, they were short on waitstaff, the kitchen was backed up. We were seated promptly and then no one asked us what we wanted to order for 45 minutes. When the food came, it was cold. Doubt that we will return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Best new restaurant in Hilton HeadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Ela's is the best new restaurant in Hilton Head in years. The atmosphere was perfect. It was comfortably full and still very quiet. The food was outstanding. I'll be back as soon as I can get back to Hilton Head.Special Features:
- Hilton Head GemFredBDined on 10/30/2014Sat outside under the heat lamp. Wonderfully talented musician sang 70's & 80's hits: Niel Diamond to John Denver to Beatles to Billy Joel. Grouper & snapper dishes nicely prepared. Shrimp & grits appetizer was 3 grilled giant shrimp wrapped in proscuitto over a grilled cake of grits, not your low-country standard. Attentive service. Thursday evening at 7:30 was not busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luvtoeat2224Dined on 10/28/2014This was a restaurant under another name when we first ate there. We loved Ela's. Great food and great atmosphere- we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection with a view!BarpinkdogDined on 10/25/2014Our table for four overlooked the Marina from the outdoor seating area at Ela's Blu Water Grille while a wonderful musician on acoustic guitar set the tone for a top notch meal and outstanding experience... Suffice to say, our drinks, the wine selections, every single appetizer, entrée and dessert we ordered were cooked to perfection, served by an attentive wait staff and totally delicious!! We could not have been more impressed if we we're at one of our favorite restaurants in the middle of Manhattan. We will be back for sure on our very next visit to Hilton Head, don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- papersVIPDined on 10/24/2014Excellent customer service as well as fabulous food selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014It was extremely loud and difficult to hold a conversation with our questsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Our experience was outstanding. We were seated immediately, the service was excellent and the food was "a cut above."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food overratedMartyDined on 10/19/2014Blackened tuna was over seasoned. Door was left open on a cool night making for a chilly environment.Special Features:
- Noting Short of ExcellenceRWAHHDined on 10/18/2014Ela's never disappoints the new menu has some very exciting dishes and we will be back to try them all. As always the staff was extremely friendly and on top of things making for a very enjoyable evening. Thanks Ela's for the great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worldtravelerVIPDined on 10/17/2014Outstanding view and the seafood was excellent, especially the seared scallops. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Choice at Hilton HeadalanDined on 10/16/2014This was our first trip to Ela's and won't be our last. Great food and great attentive service. For an appetizer we strongly recommend the Lobster nachos. I had the flounder and my wife had the grouper. Both were prepared perfectly and had some spices and herbs that made the flavors really pop. One of the nicest things about the service is when we ordered the Lobster nachos appetizer we asked the waiter if we should go ahead and order our entrees. He said, "I control the serving and flow of the food, so don't worry about being rushed" and the timing was perfect. They have a bar area and there was a guitar player and singer, but it was not too loud, just nice background music. All around - a great restaurant.Special Features:
- 2 visits, both greatMiddlesisterDined on 10/16/2014We spent 8 days in Hilton head and Ela's was the restaurant we went back to our final night. They really know how to cook fish! We had oysters both visits, the first visit, they were great, fresh and meaty and a kind we had never had before-sorry we can't remember the kind. The second visit, we had two kinds of oysters. The Blue Points were great, the other kind were tiny and certainly weren't worth the price. The grouper was amazing!!!! Good service both nights with different waiters. The restaurant iis very noisy, especially if there are diners upstairs-the noise flows right down to the main floor. Sit outside if you can.Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary Dinnerenb1226Dined on 10/13/2014We went to Ela's to celebrate our 1st anniversary and could not have picked anywhere more perfect! It was a beautiful night and our table on the deck had a gorgeous view overlooking Shelter Cove. The music and atmosphere was lovely. The food was delicious. We started with the lobster nachos, I had the grouper, and my husband had the crab cakes. We had mentioned it was our anniversary on the Open Table reservation form, only to make sure we would get a good table, but the restaurant surprised us with dessert on the house! Such a kind gesture. We'll definitely return the next time we are in HHI!Special Features:
- Excellent food and entertainmentJudyVIPDined on 10/12/2014Went with a group of friends. Our food was great. The singer that performed that night was so good. Totally enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as over cooked.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Far to expensive for the quality we received. I don't mind paying for really good food but it was just not there on the three dishes we were served. The restauran t was terribly noisey. Food was mediocre at best,
- What a View!! Full Moon!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014We had a table for 6 outside on the patio. The owner pointed out exactly where the full moon would be rising and it was BEAUTIFUL! The bartender is the best! Great wine suggestions from him and a nice personality! My grouper was great and the short ribs were awesome!!!Special Features:
- TrickedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/4/2014We had reservations about a couple of weeks ago on a weekend nigt.They had 2 different steak options... One with sides 2 sides and one that was a la carte and a bit more pricey. My husband liked ths setup of the one with the 2 sides since it had horseradish on top and just asked about alternating the mushrooms for asparagus. She said there was an up charge... He said ok. When he received his steak it was the a la carte one with a little something on top... Looked like cheese. We asked the server when she came back where the horseradish was that was supposed to come on top... She said that was it... Really... We also had to ask for bread. Basically she sold us the item he didnt want. My husband is not a complainer so we just finished checkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb as usualChrisDined on 10/3/2014Ela's is one of the best restaurants on the island and we have always had outstanding food and service. We took out of town guests this time and they were impressed even though it was rainy and the view was not the best. The fresh, local grouper was wonderful and their calamari has spoiled us for eating it anywhere else.Special Features:
- Don't miss it!PeterDined on 10/3/2014If you are in Hilton Head for a short time make sure Ela's is on your "short list". One of the most relaxing venues on the island with outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside watersideThreeweaversDined on 10/1/2014We enjoyed the quiet of the cove and the presentation of the food as well as the food.Special Features:
- Ela's a blastGr8placeVIPDined on 9/28/2014Amazing food, great ambiance and entertainment! We were able to get the entire bar singing along!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marina side gemShaunGDined on 9/27/2014Ela's was amazing. Situated on the second floor next to the marina you get great views of the sunset and the boats coming in. The food was to die for. The Calamari is not the traditional and their rake on it is great. The steaks were cooked properly and the sides were rich and delicious. The dessert tray was the hardest decision of the evening. Dave behind the bar is funny and a renaissance man, very knowledgeable and funny. They have live music which was also a treat.Special Features:
- Wonderful Meal1stontheislandDined on 9/25/2014My husband and I went here for our anniversary and had a wonderful dining experience. Being on vacation we wanted a place with a view. We found many restaurants in Hilton Head are in shopping strips or overlook a parking lot. Ela's was a wonderful view of the marina and very romantic. We had a table for two outside and listened to live music. Our waitress was friendly and knew when to check on us and when to leave us alone. The beef carpaccio was a delicious appetizer and would highly recommend it! I had the diver scallop dish which was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat DinersOutofTownersDined on 9/24/2014Ela's was on our list of places to dine again on this trip to Hilton Head. The seafood was very good and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Will come backJudyHHIVIPDined on 9/21/2014This is not the first or last time we have been at Ela's. Love the view and food excellent. Best calamari on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificBobODined on 9/20/2014We had a terrific experience. The food and service was excellent...the view of the marina fabulous and the entertainment wonderful. We cant make enough positive comments on the entire evening. The grouper was delicious and the scallops amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerupsetDined on 9/19/2014We returned to Ela's for dinner and it was worth it. We had a wonderful view of the Broad Creek from Ela's second floor. The food was excellent and the there was no rush about anything. We left 2 1/2 hours later full and happy.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our evening at Ela's.Anniversary34Dined on 9/18/2014Good but, not great. Scenic harbor views were lovely. Service was great, food was not quite to the level I had read about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeasGirlDined on 9/16/2014We were served very cold, seriously undercooked entrees, both of us! This is not what I expected as we had eaten there before and had been very satisfied. The server did her best to correct the situation - one entree at a time - so we had our second entree well after the first was finished. For some reason it took 25 minutes to prepare another order of flounder. It was not a good experience and I was disappointed that management did not make an appearance or apology at all. As I said, not what you would expect from Ela's. We were offered a 30% discount on the entrees but after this unfortunate experience and with all the great restaurants on the island we would hard pressed to return.Special Features:
- UnremarkableLive2eatDined on 9/15/2014The ratings did not measure up to our experience. Ordered whole lobster out of shell over risotto. It was just ok. After our meals were brought to the table we never saw our waiter. Had to ask for more water, and wave him over to order more wine. He seemed more occupied with another table and seemed to forget we were there . He never asked if we wanted dessert, we had to ask him to bring the dessert tray. He was just not that interested. Very strange considering this place had such great reviews. Disappointed to say the least.Special Features:
- Beautiful view/good foodBigredmomDined on 9/15/2014Nice evening with attentive service, good food, beautiful view. Would go back!Special Features:
- Great outdoor seatingFood4thoughtDined on 9/14/2014So glad we found this place! Food and service were great. We sat outside with a water view. It is a bit on the pricey side but the food is good! I feel the atmosphere and experience make up for the menu prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticupsetDined on 9/14/2014I do not normally review anything unless I can fuss about it. Ela's will be an exception. The food was wonderful, the portions right sized, the wait staff attentive and the keyboard player fantastic.Special Features:
- A waste of $200NCmysterydinerDined on 9/13/2014I don't really know where to begin. Perhaps I'll start with the server not knowing the difference between redfish and red snapper. This visit started bad and became progressively worse. We ordered the lobster bisque and shrimp cocktail for starters. The bisque was right at room temperature while the shrimp came poorly cooked (2 were nearly raw and mushy) and far from properly cleaned. We both ordered fish dishes which were entirely lackluster and flavorless. Top that off with a horrible creme brulé that wreaked of propane from a bad attempt at browning the sugar crystals and you have one giant mess of a meal. As a pretty seasoned foodie, I would say to avoid this place at all cost.Special Features: