Ela's Blu Water Grille
One Shelter Cove Ln
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Ela's Blu Water Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elasgrille.com/
- Phone: 8437853030x
- Hours of Operation:
BRUNCH: Sunday 11:00 - 2:00pm
LUNCH: Monday - Friday 11:00 - 2:00pm
DINNER: Daily 5:00 - 10:00pm
LIVE ENTERTAINMENT: Thursday - Sunday 7pm -10pm F
Thursdays 7pm - 10pm : HARRY SANTANA
Fridays/Saturdays 7pm - 10pm : JOHN WASEM
Fridays/Saturdays 7pm - 10pm : REID RICHMOND
Sundays 11am - 2pm: MARTIN LESCH
Sundays 7pm - 10pm : TIM MALCHAK
Private Party bookings available in our Penthouse Private Dining Room
Docking fees/ complimentary when arriving by boat with reservations
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Ryan Alpaugh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Second Level private dining for Wedding & Private events for up to 80pp
Penthouse VIP Dining Room available for parties up to 20pp
- Private Party Facilities: Best Water View Dining on Hilton Head
Book your next event with us
- Private Party Contact: Ken Mehaffey - General Manager 8437853030x
- Entertainment: Original Artist Productions, Classic Rock, Island Music
Reid Richmond every Thursday from 7 - 11pm
John Wasem every Friday & Saturday from 7 - 11pm
Bill Peterson every Sunday 11 - 2pm
Tim Malchak every Sunday 7 - 10pm
- Public Transit: OMNI RESORT / MARRIOTT RESORT / WESTIN RESORT offer free shuttles to ELA'S
Palmetto Dunes - DunesBuggy - free shuttle to ELA's
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Enter Shelter Cove Harbour and follow Shelter Cove Lane to the private parking for guests.
OMNI RESORT / MARRIOTT RESORT / WESTIN RESORT offer free shuttles to ELA'S
For directions call our concierge at 843-785-3030
A word from Ela's Blu Water Grille
Featured in Bon Appetit and the winner of numerous Open Table awards, ELA's Blu Water Grille is a shining star on the Hilton Head scene. Fresh catch seafood and prime cut steaks of the highest quality, artfully prepared by our culinary team of experts, compliment the extensive boutique wine selection. Located at Shelter Cove Harbour overlooking the marina and Broad Creek, ELA's is known for the best water views on the island. A casual intimate interior, wrap around dining patio exterior, and nightly entertainment provided by local recording artists sets the perfect dining experience or location to host special events, private parties, or rehearsal dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ela's Blu Water Grille - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Ela's Blu Water Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (164)great for outdoor dining (133)special occasion (108)romantic (107)fit for foodies (62)neighborhood gem (47)notable wine list (46)great for brunch (21)hot spot (19)good for groups (18)great for lunch (16)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Marina side gemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Ela's was amazing. Situated on the second floor next to the marina you get great views of the sunset and the boats coming in. The food was to die for. The Calamari is not the traditional and their rake on it is great. The steaks were cooked properly and the sides were rich and delicious. The dessert tray was the hardest decision of the evening. Dave behind the bar is funny and a renaissance man, very knowledgeable and funny. They have live music which was also a treat.Special Features:
- Wonderful MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014My husband and I went here for our anniversary and had a wonderful dining experience. Being on vacation we wanted a place with a view. We found many restaurants in Hilton Head are in shopping strips or overlook a parking lot. Ela's was a wonderful view of the marina and very romantic. We had a table for two outside and listened to live music. Our waitress was friendly and knew when to check on us and when to leave us alone. The beef carpaccio was a delicious appetizer and would highly recommend it! I had the diver scallop dish which was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat DinersOutofTownersDined on 9/24/2014Ela's was on our list of places to dine again on this trip to Hilton Head. The seafood was very good and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Will come backJudyHHIVIPDined on 9/21/2014This is not the first or last time we have been at Ela's. Love the view and food excellent. Best calamari on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificBobODined on 9/20/2014We had a terrific experience. The food and service was excellent...the view of the marina fabulous and the entertainment wonderful. We cant make enough positive comments on the entire evening. The grouper was delicious and the scallops amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerupsetDined on 9/19/2014We returned to Ela's for dinner and it was worth it. We had a wonderful view of the Broad Creek from Ela's second floor. The food was excellent and the there was no rush about anything. We left 2 1/2 hours later full and happy.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our evening at Ela's.Anniversary34Dined on 9/18/2014Good but, not great. Scenic harbor views were lovely. Service was great, food was not quite to the level I had read about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeasGirlDined on 9/16/2014We were served very cold, seriously undercooked entrees, both of us! This is not what I expected as we had eaten there before and had been very satisfied. The server did her best to correct the situation - one entree at a time - so we had our second entree well after the first was finished. For some reason it took 25 minutes to prepare another order of flounder. It was not a good experience and I was disappointed that management did not make an appearance or apology at all. As I said, not what you would expect from Ela's. We were offered a 30% discount on the entrees but after this unfortunate experience and with all the great restaurants on the island we would hard pressed to return.Special Features:
- UnremarkableLive2eatDined on 9/15/2014The ratings did not measure up to our experience. Ordered whole lobster out of shell over risotto. It was just ok. After our meals were brought to the table we never saw our waiter. Had to ask for more water, and wave him over to order more wine. He seemed more occupied with another table and seemed to forget we were there . He never asked if we wanted dessert, we had to ask him to bring the dessert tray. He was just not that interested. Very strange considering this place had such great reviews. Disappointed to say the least.Special Features:
- Beautiful view/good foodBigredmomDined on 9/15/2014Nice evening with attentive service, good food, beautiful view. Would go back!Special Features:
- Great outdoor seatingFood4thoughtDined on 9/14/2014So glad we found this place! Food and service were great. We sat outside with a water view. It is a bit on the pricey side but the food is good! I feel the atmosphere and experience make up for the menu prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticupsetDined on 9/14/2014I do not normally review anything unless I can fuss about it. Ela's will be an exception. The food was wonderful, the portions right sized, the wait staff attentive and the keyboard player fantastic.Special Features:
- A waste of $200NCmysterydinerDined on 9/13/2014I don't really know where to begin. Perhaps I'll start with the server not knowing the difference between redfish and red snapper. This visit started bad and became progressively worse. We ordered the lobster bisque and shrimp cocktail for starters. The bisque was right at room temperature while the shrimp came poorly cooked (2 were nearly raw and mushy) and far from properly cleaned. We both ordered fish dishes which were entirely lackluster and flavorless. Top that off with a horrible creme brulé that wreaked of propane from a bad attempt at browning the sugar crystals and you have one giant mess of a meal. As a pretty seasoned foodie, I would say to avoid this place at all cost.Special Features:
- Really nice evening1forthemoneyDined on 9/13/2014On vacation and celebrating our 30th. The view at the outside terrace was great overlooking a marina. Our waitress was great - attentive but not obtrusive. The only thing that kept it from 5 stars was the food. It wasn't bad but it wasn't at the level that warranted the prices. I had grouper. The fish was dry and slightly over cooked. It sat on a base that was a creamy something or other that didn't really complement the fish. My wife had filet mignon ordered medium well and came out well and slightly dry. For dessert I had creme brule that was not as firm as it should and was slightly watery. My wife's key lime pie was great. I would definitely go again as it really was a nice quiet romantic evening for us and the food was pricey but good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The view at sunset was breath taking...The lobster bisque was amazing....The crab cakes where exceptional...The grouper was however was a little over cooked. The service was friendly and well- timed. Great wine list that was affordable...We will return to try more dishes on our next Visit to Hilton Head.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Resturant on HH IslandsnowbirdDined on 9/11/2014always wonderful -- cant wait to go back. The best overall restaurant on Hilton Head Island. Chef has great features and the view at sun set is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Had the halibut it was wonderful. The lanterns on the table are not conducive for conversation. Will visit this resturant again
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014The absolute worst waitress in the world! Could not even open a bottle of wine!Special Features:
- Excellent!arlieallieDined on 9/7/2014Food was great as was service. Excellent spot. Beautifull view of marina and great for strolling before or after dinner.Special Features:
- Great dinnerRoseDined on 9/6/2014Hilton heas has soo many.restaurants, this is a reliable good dining experience! Food was delicious, good atmosphere!Special Features:
- Incredible food, service, and viewsemondDined on 9/4/2014We were beyond thrilled with our experience at Ela's. We were on our honeymoon and I'm pretty sure they gave us the best table of the restaurant (outside, secluded). Everything from the bread to dessert was great, as was the service. We will be back when we return to Hilton Head!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!CheermomDined on 9/3/2014I eat a lot of steak and enjoyed one of the best ever NY strip steaks here. It was flavorful and perfectly cooked. I started with the pear arugula salad which was also outstanding in its flavor. My husband loved his shrimp cocktail and filet. Our waitress, Amber was attentive and the the views of Shelter Cove at sunset are an added delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOnVacationVIPDined on 8/31/2014We were very excited for our dinner at Ela. Bad from the start. Ahi appetizer didn't contain quality tuna. Was stringy with sinew and swimming in sauce. For an entree, I had the grouper which was excellent. However, I asked to substitute the starch side with double veggies and was told no substitutes were allowed. I would have to purchase the extra veggies as a side. She misunderstood when I said it was ok to just eliminate the starch and brought the extra veggies. These consisted of baby carrots and snow peas. The carrots were so hard, couldn't cut them with a knife. The peas were just a step above. When our bill arrived, there was an $8 charge for the extra veggies! Ugh. The entire evening was a turnoff. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Generally quite goodjshottDined on 8/30/2014Located on Shelter Cove Harbour, the view was very nice. Our waiter was adequate or slightly better. The menu offered several tempting choices, and adequate selection of wines. Food was well prepared. The downside was that our reservation was during the prime dinner period on a Saturday on a holiday weekend, and the restaurant was full. We were seated about 15 feet from the guitarist providing live music, and there are no soft services in the place to absorb the sound of happy diners. The result was a noise level that made discussion among the four of us difficult. For all the pluses Ela's has, this was a major negative.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014We have been coming to HHI for 7 years and this was our first time at ELAs. The outdoor dining view was excellent. Very helpful waitress and the presentation and taste of the food was greatSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ealon Thompson. jrEalonDined on 8/29/2014Food good not Great, truffle mash potatoes were very strong truffle flavoring, however Pork was very good. Flounder strong fish odor & dry. Coconut Gelato was excellent,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time findKeithelderDined on 8/28/2014Found this place while vacationing at Hilton Head... Fabulous all the way around! The calimari was fantastic as we're the seafood as well as steak selections our group had! Would definitely recommend if you are near there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shrimp cocktail and apex predatorsavocatVIPDined on 8/27/2014We enjoyed shrimp cocktail and relished swordfish skewered. Ahi tartare? Not so much. The shrimp was pure fun. A crunchy salad lay hidden beneath a horseradish sauce with 6 giant shrimp hanging out atop it all. The other memorable dish was simple cubes of swordfish alongside bell peppers and red onions, thrown on a grill. The setting of this spot was lovely at sunset. Views toward the northwest across a marina as yachts came by at the end of the day. As darkness fell,lights sparkled on the waterway. Romance worthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern style cookingItaloKiwiDined on 8/27/2014Upmarket restaurant with upmarket pricing. We ordered flounder which was served with asparagus and carrots wrapped in the middle with some kind of béarnaise sauce on top. I thought that this looked good and tasted bad. Flounder is a bland fish and was accompanied by a Bernaise sauce. Bearnaise sauce is a traditional accompaniment for steak in France and I think is ill-suited for flounder. Didn't anyone taste this dish before they served it up? The herbs are designed to bring out the flavour in the meat; flavours that don't exist in fish. The vegetables were effectively steamed inside the wrapped fish but they were actually undercooked - nobody checked whether the fish and the vegetables cook at the same rate - hint: they don't.Special Features:
- Our Favorite on HHI!KimberlyDined on 8/26/2014Ela's is located on the Shelter Cove Harbor and it sets a beautiful stage for romance and special occasions. Sitting on the balcony and watching the sun set is a site we come back for often. Earl and the staff at Ela's are attentive and menu is never disappointing.Special Features:
- bkcadcdineDined on 8/26/2014Ela's is one of our favorite restaurants on the island. We had dinner on the veranda with a cool breeze and temps in the mid-80s. Awesome sunset views of the marshland and marina. The cobia and duck were outstanding dishes. Best Key Lime pie on HHI. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Enjoyed everything. Food was great, Service was great Beautiful View Would highly reccommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatingbywaterHHIluvtoeatDined on 8/25/2014Food was excellent, service excellent and view excellent. Highly recommend fried green tomatoes. Best I've had in area and I'm trying them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice BrunchClub1136Dined on 8/24/2014We had a very nice meal here with very good service . Our waitress Vanessa was very friendly and pleasant. Eggs Benedict were very good!Special Features:
- It Doesn't Get Any BetterRWAHHDined on 8/23/2014Once again our experience at ELA's was extraordinary. The Food, The Service, The ambience and view all extraordinary. One of us had the Grouper from the menu and the other the Chef's Special fresh Cobia on Lo Mein noodles and Bok Choy which was an explosion of flavors. In any case both dishes were prepared to a paramount of flavors. Our server Amber was just exceptional she has to be one of the best on Hilton Head Island. We cannot recommend ELA's enough, if you are looking for an exceptional dinning experience and ambience on Hilton Head, don't miss ELA'sSpecial Features:
- To die for!SueMDined on 8/23/2014We went to the restaurant for my birthday dinner. In my OpenTable reservation, I requested a table by the window to take in the great water views and we were thrilled with the table provided. Dinner was amazing - from the fresh warm breads, freshly shucked oysters on the half shell, to the huge shrimp cocktail my husband had, and through to our excellent filet mignon steaks (his well done, mine Pittsburgh rare, and both done perfectly!). Service was ok, though our waiter was a bit full of himself. Still, I'd highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great meal and wonderful setting. If it hadn't been quite so hot, we would have sat outdoors. We'll be back to do that in the fall.Special Features:
- Everything came togetherSearcherVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had dinner at Ela's for the first time this week. It was one of the best meals we have had in years. The view, the best in Hilton Head, the service, perfect and the food could not have been better. I had the Scallops and they were excellent. My wife had the Crab Cakes. They had a roasted taste and cooked just right. The Calamari was some of the best ever. It was cut thick like French fries not in rings and as tender as I have ever had. The wine suggestion was just right. A meal we will remember for a long time.Special Features:
- TomgDined on 8/22/2014Fantastic ocean view. Great service. Swordfish kabob was excellent. Drinks spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely view ~~watersideVIPDined on 8/20/2014this was our first time at ela's and we certainly wanted it to be wonderful since it was our 25th wedding anniversary. we were not disappointed. we sat outdoors on the wrap around deck and the view was stunning. the pear arugula salad and shrimp cocktail were very good as were the snapper special and the scallop risotto. our server was very pleasant and attentive. the only negative was the creme brulee - it was cold and pasty, not light and smooth - and it was not caramelized on top at all which ruined it. other than that, everything was wonderful and we thoroughly enjoyed our anniversary dinner!! thank you!Special Features: