3503 Central Ave NE
Albuquerque, NM 87106Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elainesnobhill.com/
- Phone: 5054334782x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Garrick Mendoza/ Andrew Gorski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Elaine Blanco 5053288225x
A word from Elaine's
Elaine’s is an American Bistro featuring American contemporary food prepared in house using time honored methods. We only feature fresh foods, as close to locally grown as we can make happen. We have an eclectic wine menu featuring the wines of California, Washington State, Oregon, along with some fine French wines, along with a smattering of Italian classics. Our Chefs have been sourced from the finest restaurants in America, both executive chefs have degrees from the famed Culinary Institute of America, they both went on to hone their skills with the finest chefs in America, before returning to Albuquerque to become partners in this venture.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Elaine's - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
Elaine's reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (65)special occasion (55)neighborhood gem (50)romantic (42)notable wine list (22)good for groups (10)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Surprise FindljcapVIPDined on 10/14/2014I was visiting Albuquerque and chose this restaurant based on Open Table reviews. It was excellent! The people and service were as outstanding as the food. My only criticism would be to turn down the very nice music a bit. Everything was delicious and special!Special Features:
- Disappointing eveningJoBlueDined on 10/11/2014We have been wanting to try Elaines and had heard some good things...When we got there , it was pleasant, fairly quiet and the room was small and intimate.....unfortunately, the food ruined the experience....we ordered the taste of fall and it literally a few pieces of pumpkin. a few raisins, and a drizzle of some sauce....the selection of entrees was so limited. I am vegetarian and there wasn't really even one choice...very unusual these days for any restaurant....so, I decided to have salmon, which I love....they were out !...sooooo....I went with skirt fish which the waitress suggested.....it was awful!....so bland and stringy and drowned in a thick, white sauce....actually inedible. Dessert was nice but we will not be backSpecial Features:
- Perfect EveningakanterDined on 10/11/2014We were so pleased with Elaine's! The menu had just changed a few days before, and my husband was super pleased by the fall choices. Everything was delightful, filing and flavorful. Our server was a crack up! Michael? I think was his name. Started with a joke and kept us pleased. Our dining experience was wonderfully timed so we could take our time and enjoy each course, as well as each other. I'm so happy we choose Elaine's for our wedding night dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best restaurNt in AlbuquerqueBrukzDined on 10/9/2014Elaine's has become my go-to restaurant with out-of-town guests. Everything about Elaine's is first rate. Delicious, seasonal food, excellent service and warm ambiance.Special Features:
- Elaine's As Good As The First TimeGuitarmaniacDined on 10/9/2014This was the second time that we've been to Elaine's and it does not disappoint. Great service and great food. We took friends from Az. and they loved it. Both couples shared the Scallop appetizer and they we're melt in the mouth good. The server suggested the chicken dish and normally that would not be a choice. One of our guests had it and said "it was the best he has ever had. I had the Salmon and the girls had Skate and Lamb. All in all another great meal with a great wine. Thanks Elaine, we love your restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't sit down until you're sureStillwaitingDined on 10/7/2014We were recommended the Pre theatre dinner, and reserved. When we arrived we were told that menu was still available. We sat down. The waiter then came to tell us that menu was not available. We left. We won't go back .
- excellentjpk2Dined on 10/4/2014The restaurant was a very nice find. Elaine was very nice and was engaged in the activity of the meal and the wine. It has a small menu which works great if you like the choices but in my view it is always better to be good at a few things and not try to do too much.Special Features:
- A 10 plus!Lucky1947VIPDined on 10/3/2014Best food I have ever eaten. Perfectly prepared. Great service. Lauren was fabulous. Elaine exudes charisma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elaine's is a delight!wheeeDined on 10/3/2014Probably the best fine dining in Albuquerque right now. Menu offerings are well considered, diverse, and nicely presented (delicious too!). Wine list has something for everyone/every occasion without being too pretentious. Staff are well versed in food and wine offerings. While we didn't take advantage of these, the prix fixe and happy hour offerings looked promising.Special Features:
- SARSAR1Dined on 10/3/2014Excellent food and service. I had a steak and my wife had the Lamb, both were great choices and perfectly prepared. Smaller portions but perfect unless you are really hungry.Special Features:
- Late night dinnerChrisDined on 10/2/20149 PM dinner at Elaine's was lovely - a perfect follow-up to an early film at The Guild down the street. Lighter fare options were perfect for dining later than usual.Special Features:
- Very pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014The flavors were spectacular! Prices are high, but you get what you pay for. Not a single complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveVIPDined on 9/30/2014The staff at Elaine's are very friendly and provided excellent service. Elaine herself is a character and lots of fun. My swordfish was over cooked, but the rest of the meal perfect. Try the banana creme brûlée.Special Features:
- bonitaVIPDined on 9/26/2014Wish the menu had more choices. Very limited. But everything we had was very good.Special Features:
- Lovely for 2-4 for intimate diningfoodfan2Dined on 9/26/2014We had an interesting and delicious meal before a play. The portion size was satisfying but we weren't stuffed. The ambiance and service were excellent. The owner came to our table twice to ask if we were enjoying our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightfully Wicked!lovebugDined on 9/26/2014Two in our party choose the prefix course with wine pairings, what a great choice. Our other friend choose from the regular menu but all of us were members of the clean plate club! It was my first visit and I have plans to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visitingABQDined on 9/25/2014Good food, good service, good wine list. Lamb was special. Pinots were excellent.Special Features:
- Special Place - Don't Miss ThisABQTRAVELERDined on 9/24/2014Menu is not inexpensive, but the food is well worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noneVIPDined on 9/20/2014Here is a place that offers Santa Fe quality food at Albuquerque prices. The gazpacho starter was terrific and the main courses of either the tuna or the scallops were exceptional. Both main courses were the right size and done to perfection. This is a relatively recent addition to the local restaurant seen and well worth a try. We will be repeat customers many times over in the future.Special Features:
- Dinner delight.NellieDined on 9/20/2014Excellent dining experience. Food was wonderful and presentation great.Special Features:
- Best SopaipillasFoodieDined on 9/19/2014We'd been wanting to go here for several months, and the opportunity arrived. Such a friendly owner and the food was great. The sopaipillas that you get as the starter (the "bread" service), were excellent. So yummy. We will be back soon to try more of the menu.Special Features:
- Improved Menu-Still Beer/Wine OnlyMikeHuntVIPDined on 9/13/2014It's been a while since I've been to Elaines, and I'm glad to see that they've relaunched the menu with more approachable choices. The shrimp cocktail appetizer is awesome, and definitely not your grandmother's style. Very good. Still, there's only beer & wine available, so if it's a pre-dinner cocktail you're looking for, head over to Scalo's across the street first.Special Features:
- Good, but noisytravelingman1Dined on 9/6/2014Ate there on a Saturday night. For our tastes, too noisy. Perhaps a weekday night would be better. Hard surfaces do not absorb sound, so with a full dining area, the ambient sound level was high. We may try again on a weekday night to see whether there is a difference. For us, the sound level detracted from the food, which was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak and lamb in Albuquerque.BigFatFoodieDined on 9/6/2014I went to Elaine's with my wife and another couple. I ordered the Lamb and my wife ordered the 16oz bone in ribeye (it was the market special that evening.) I wound up eating half of my wife's steak. Not because my lamb was bad, infact it was delicious. Because it was hands down the best steak I have ever had in Albuquerque. We went to Vernon's the week before and it was better than theirs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Dining ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/4/2014I was visiting Albuquerque and did some research online and this restaurant came up high on the reviews so I decided to check it out. I had an early reservation on a Thursday evening so it wasn't crowded when I arrived but it did pick up when I left. As I entered, I was promptly greeted and asked if I had a preference for a booth, table, or bar. I opted for the booth and was greeted by my server. He was very helpful in helping me decide on a couple of items I was considering on the menu. I started with the poke appetizer and had the sesame crusted salmon for my entrée, which were excellent choices. I wish I was staying longer so I could try other items on the menu...but I guess that will need to wait for another trip.Special Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014This was a great place to take the special someone.Special Features:
- Wow!TinManVIPDined on 8/23/2014What a foodie's find in Albuquerque. My wife and I enjoyed everything. The food is comparable to the finest cuisine available ANYWHERE. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014Elaine's is a very nice little bistro in Nob Hill. My wife and I are picky, and well,...Great food, great service! We will be back!Special Features:
- Fantastic!UndercoverdinerDined on 8/16/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner - from the firsts, to the seconds, to the thirds...paired our meals with glasses of wine to enhance the experience. Dessert was off the charts, too. This is the best high end restaurant I've been to in ABQ in almost 6 years....now they need to be consistent. I'm sure Elaine will make sure the experience is consistent from one night to the next.Special Features:
- BRAVO ELAINE!food4blissDined on 8/16/2014Five stars for Elaine's!! An elegant restaurant, much needed (and highly appreciated!). Great care has been taken with all important details. The room is tastefully decorated, the tables spaced intelligently and set with impeccable taste. Of the utmost importance, the staff: Highly skilled, responsive, unobtrusive. The food: Beyond criticism ( for this diner who, for some reason, could not sample everything at one sitting....) What more is there to say about a restaurant? Taking all above factors into consideration, it will become obvious that this is not a place for noisy,family fun. There are plenty restaurants of this kind in Albuquerque. Elaine's is for the serious, educated diner. Come and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific eveningAggieGrandpaDined on 8/12/2014Our first visit to Elaine's is nine months into their business and they have a smooth operation. Tuesday evening was not crowded and it was a perfect setting to celebrate my wife's birthday. The staff were friendly and welcoming and provided all the information about the menu that you could ask. The small establishment has a nice outdoor area as well which we will look forward to on another visit. But the hit of the evening was the terrific food. Tuna Poke, Gazpacho, summer salad of compressed melons, Gnocchi and Diver scallops topped off with a lovely lemon tart. And some quite nice wine to go along with any choice you might make. All in all, a terrific evening. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OustandingGLJABQDined on 8/9/2014This was our second visit to Elaine's. This experience was as outstanding as the first visit. The overall quality of the menu and the service was truly nothing short of excellent. We will be back.Special Features:
- Best in AlbuquerqueGothereDined on 8/8/2014I have eaten at Elaine's three times, and each time has been excellent: creative; perfectly prepared; delicious. Worth every penny. And the service is also excellent: efficient and quiet. And Elaine is great. It is the best restaurant in Albuquerque.Special Features:
- Good Experiencethelonelydiner69Dined on 8/2/2014The staff was spot on with being tenative. Multiple servers assured we had what we needed. The owner I believe was there aiding her crew and checking on the diners. I had the lamp and my SO had the steak. The food was really good but I was hoping for just a bit more flavor. Lamb was a bit under seasoned. We had the tuna to begin with and it was really yummy. Overall I recommend this spot. It's new. It's quiet. Great ambience and was a good relaxing dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restauranttandpDined on 7/29/2014This has become one of my favorite ABQ high quality restaurants. The room feels great, the service is top flight, the food is terrific, interesting wine list.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experiencetinyDined on 7/22/2014Fantastic dining experience in the local area. Elaine's S'mores are awesome!Special Features:
- FoodForThoughtVIPDined on 7/18/2014We were in town for an event and found the listing on Opentable. All eight of us were thrilled with the food. Additionally, Elaine was on hand. She is very charming and friendly, and we hope she has great success with her restaurant. She deserves it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QueenBDined on 7/12/2014First time dining at Elaine's. Officially my new favorite restaurant! Food was fresh and delicious, but presentation was on hit! Will be back and have already recommended to others! Tuna poke - the macadamia nut compliments the satiny texture of the tuna! Shrimp coctail - whoever thought of making the horseradish into a custard, genius! Gnocchi - amazing texture! Beet salad - fantastic goat cheese. Spotted black pig pork belly - melts like butter in the mouth! S'more dessert - camping without going camping! Bravo! Way to go, Elaine! You're on to something over there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jewel in the 505FoodEnglandDined on 7/11/2014Incredible food from the beginning until end. Impressive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectQuietscotDined on 7/11/2014My wife's soup was delicious...the scallops were excellent and we shared a lovely lemon tart. I had an inventive and delicious salad and lamb. All of the flavors were sophisticated and expertly prepared. Unfortunately my lamb was tough. A sharper knife didn't help there was too much connective tissue. The Malbec wine was fine and we had delightful dinner. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.