3503 Central Ave NE
Albuquerque, NM 87106Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elainesnobhill.com/
- Phone: 5054334782x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Garrick Mendoza/ Andrew Gorski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Elaine Blanco 5053288225x
A word from Elaine's
Elaine’s is an American Bistro featuring American contemporary food prepared in house using time honored methods. We only feature fresh foods, as close to locally grown as we can make happen. We have an eclectic wine menu featuring the wines of California, Washington State, Oregon, along with some fine French wines, along with a smattering of Italian classics. Our Chefs have been sourced from the finest restaurants in America, both executive chefs have degrees from the famed Culinary Institute of America, they both went on to hone their skills with the finest chefs in America, before returning to Albuquerque to become partners in this venture.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Elaine's - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
Elaine's reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (68)special occasion (54)neighborhood gem (49)romantic (40)notable wine list (24)good for groups (9)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- bonitaVIPDined on 9/26/2014Wish the menu had more choices. Very limited. But everything we had was very good.Special Features:
- Lovely for 2-4 for intimate diningfoodfan2Dined on 9/26/2014We had an interesting and delicious meal before a play. The portion size was satisfying but we weren't stuffed. The ambiance and service were excellent. The owner came to our table twice to ask if we were enjoying our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightfully Wicked!lovebugDined on 9/26/2014Two in our party choose the prefix course with wine pairings, what a great choice. Our other friend choose from the regular menu but all of us were members of the clean plate club! It was my first visit and I have plans to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visitingABQDined on 9/25/2014Good food, good service, good wine list. Lamb was special. Pinots were excellent.Special Features:
- Special Place - Don't Miss ThisABQTRAVELERDined on 9/24/2014Menu is not inexpensive, but the food is well worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noneVIPDined on 9/20/2014Here is a place that offers Santa Fe quality food at Albuquerque prices. The gazpacho starter was terrific and the main courses of either the tuna or the scallops were exceptional. Both main courses were the right size and done to perfection. This is a relatively recent addition to the local restaurant seen and well worth a try. We will be repeat customers many times over in the future.Special Features:
- Dinner delight.NellieDined on 9/20/2014Excellent dining experience. Food was wonderful and presentation great.Special Features:
- Best SopaipillasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014We'd been wanting to go here for several months, and the opportunity arrived. Such a friendly owner and the food was great. The sopaipillas that you get as the starter (the "bread" service), were excellent. So yummy. We will be back soon to try more of the menu.Special Features:
- Improved Menu-Still Beer/Wine OnlyMikeHuntVIPDined on 9/13/2014It's been a while since I've been to Elaines, and I'm glad to see that they've relaunched the menu with more approachable choices. The shrimp cocktail appetizer is awesome, and definitely not your grandmother's style. Very good. Still, there's only beer & wine available, so if it's a pre-dinner cocktail you're looking for, head over to Scalo's across the street first.Special Features:
- Good, but noisytravelingman1Dined on 9/6/2014Ate there on a Saturday night. For our tastes, too noisy. Perhaps a weekday night would be better. Hard surfaces do not absorb sound, so with a full dining area, the ambient sound level was high. We may try again on a weekday night to see whether there is a difference. For us, the sound level detracted from the food, which was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak and lamb in Albuquerque.BigFatFoodieDined on 9/6/2014I went to Elaine's with my wife and another couple. I ordered the Lamb and my wife ordered the 16oz bone in ribeye (it was the market special that evening.) I wound up eating half of my wife's steak. Not because my lamb was bad, infact it was delicious. Because it was hands down the best steak I have ever had in Albuquerque. We went to Vernon's the week before and it was better than theirs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Dining ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/4/2014I was visiting Albuquerque and did some research online and this restaurant came up high on the reviews so I decided to check it out. I had an early reservation on a Thursday evening so it wasn't crowded when I arrived but it did pick up when I left. As I entered, I was promptly greeted and asked if I had a preference for a booth, table, or bar. I opted for the booth and was greeted by my server. He was very helpful in helping me decide on a couple of items I was considering on the menu. I started with the poke appetizer and had the sesame crusted salmon for my entrée, which were excellent choices. I wish I was staying longer so I could try other items on the menu...but I guess that will need to wait for another trip.Special Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014This was a great place to take the special someone.Special Features:
- Wow!TinManVIPDined on 8/23/2014What a foodie's find in Albuquerque. My wife and I enjoyed everything. The food is comparable to the finest cuisine available ANYWHERE. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014Elaine's is a very nice little bistro in Nob Hill. My wife and I are picky, and well,...Great food, great service! We will be back!Special Features:
- Fantastic!UndercoverdinerDined on 8/16/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner - from the firsts, to the seconds, to the thirds...paired our meals with glasses of wine to enhance the experience. Dessert was off the charts, too. This is the best high end restaurant I've been to in ABQ in almost 6 years....now they need to be consistent. I'm sure Elaine will make sure the experience is consistent from one night to the next.Special Features:
- BRAVO ELAINE!food4blissDined on 8/16/2014Five stars for Elaine's!! An elegant restaurant, much needed (and highly appreciated!). Great care has been taken with all important details. The room is tastefully decorated, the tables spaced intelligently and set with impeccable taste. Of the utmost importance, the staff: Highly skilled, responsive, unobtrusive. The food: Beyond criticism ( for this diner who, for some reason, could not sample everything at one sitting....) What more is there to say about a restaurant? Taking all above factors into consideration, it will become obvious that this is not a place for noisy,family fun. There are plenty restaurants of this kind in Albuquerque. Elaine's is for the serious, educated diner. Come and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific eveningAggieGrandpaDined on 8/12/2014Our first visit to Elaine's is nine months into their business and they have a smooth operation. Tuesday evening was not crowded and it was a perfect setting to celebrate my wife's birthday. The staff were friendly and welcoming and provided all the information about the menu that you could ask. The small establishment has a nice outdoor area as well which we will look forward to on another visit. But the hit of the evening was the terrific food. Tuna Poke, Gazpacho, summer salad of compressed melons, Gnocchi and Diver scallops topped off with a lovely lemon tart. And some quite nice wine to go along with any choice you might make. All in all, a terrific evening. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OustandingGLJABQDined on 8/9/2014This was our second visit to Elaine's. This experience was as outstanding as the first visit. The overall quality of the menu and the service was truly nothing short of excellent. We will be back.Special Features:
- Best in AlbuquerqueGothereDined on 8/8/2014I have eaten at Elaine's three times, and each time has been excellent: creative; perfectly prepared; delicious. Worth every penny. And the service is also excellent: efficient and quiet. And Elaine is great. It is the best restaurant in Albuquerque.Special Features:
- Good Experiencethelonelydiner69Dined on 8/2/2014The staff was spot on with being tenative. Multiple servers assured we had what we needed. The owner I believe was there aiding her crew and checking on the diners. I had the lamp and my SO had the steak. The food was really good but I was hoping for just a bit more flavor. Lamb was a bit under seasoned. We had the tuna to begin with and it was really yummy. Overall I recommend this spot. It's new. It's quiet. Great ambience and was a good relaxing dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restauranttandpDined on 7/29/2014This has become one of my favorite ABQ high quality restaurants. The room feels great, the service is top flight, the food is terrific, interesting wine list.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experiencetinyDined on 7/22/2014Fantastic dining experience in the local area. Elaine's S'mores are awesome!Special Features:
- FoodForThoughtVIPDined on 7/18/2014We were in town for an event and found the listing on Opentable. All eight of us were thrilled with the food. Additionally, Elaine was on hand. She is very charming and friendly, and we hope she has great success with her restaurant. She deserves it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QueenBDined on 7/12/2014First time dining at Elaine's. Officially my new favorite restaurant! Food was fresh and delicious, but presentation was on hit! Will be back and have already recommended to others! Tuna poke - the macadamia nut compliments the satiny texture of the tuna! Shrimp coctail - whoever thought of making the horseradish into a custard, genius! Gnocchi - amazing texture! Beet salad - fantastic goat cheese. Spotted black pig pork belly - melts like butter in the mouth! S'more dessert - camping without going camping! Bravo! Way to go, Elaine! You're on to something over there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jewel in the 505FoodEnglandDined on 7/11/2014Incredible food from the beginning until end. Impressive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectQuietscotDined on 7/11/2014My wife's soup was delicious...the scallops were excellent and we shared a lovely lemon tart. I had an inventive and delicious salad and lamb. All of the flavors were sophisticated and expertly prepared. Unfortunately my lamb was tough. A sharper knife didn't help there was too much connective tissue. The Malbec wine was fine and we had delightful dinner. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time Was a CharmJamonDuoVIPDined on 7/11/2014This was my second time dining at Elaine's and it was just as fantastic as the first. The food is fresh, thoughtfully prepared and dare I say, fun. You must try the Spotted Black Pig...the most tender pork ever to pass one's lips! Service is attentive without being intrusive and the sommelier really new his stuff. Don't forget to leave room for dessert: It's worth the calories!Special Features:
- adventurous diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/9/2014I had a variety of dishes meandering through Elaine's menu. An first course of seasoned salmon and vegetables,Special Features:
- cuisinierDined on 7/5/2014Great care in food prep and presentation - we had scallops and lamb dishes and they were perfectly done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menu great serviceVisitorDined on 7/5/2014It was a special birthday. I was getting a zero and wanted a new place to. Experience. Guided by the reviews on Open Tablei chose a fairly new restaurant and I was not disappointed. As with all NM restaurants I wished the sopaipillanutrition would be seved last. In this case tiny ones more resembling beignets were served with honey butter and bacon bits as a bread service at the beginning. They were wonderful and delicious. What a change from the usual baguette! The gnocchi, tuna poke, and crab gazpacho were all outstanding appetizers. The only disspoointment was a swordfish entree that was cooked about 60 seconds too long making it a little chewy and dry rather than succulent. The preparation and sauce was great though.Special Features:
- Elaine's AlbuquerqueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Very good food. Interesting menu. Excellent service. Overall great experience and will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- E For Effort, Room To GrowChowDown64Dined on 7/4/2014There are many things to recommend a night at Elaine's: atmosphere, lighting, excellent wine menu with generous by-the-glass pours, superb service, super cool background music. But the food is uneven—some of it exceptional, some of it lazy or weirdly conceived. Some examples: a delicate pairing of sea scallops and salsa verde is for some reason accompanied by warm mustard-heavy potato salad; a piece of "ash ravioli" (looks and tastes like, well, ash), does nothing to enhance the unbelievably delicious pork belly; and the much-talked-about deconstructed s'mores, which arrives at the table wafting the smell of a campfire (a neat trick), is way too sweet, thanks to cloying milk chocolate and what tastes like jarred marshmallow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperiencevmthomasDined on 6/28/2014What food I had was good. I went to order the scallops for main course but it was no longer available so I had salad (which was good) but not the dinner I expected. Maybe another time. Disappointed I didn't get my main dish I wanted that day.Special Features:
- We loved itTravel4workTravel4playVIPDined on 6/27/2014Our dinners were delicious and beautiful in presentation. Loved the swordfish, scallops, and gazpacho soup. The mini-sopapillas with honey butter as the bread service were so yummy. Excellent service. We definitely plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for those who are lite eaterscowboysrule931VIPDined on 6/24/2014make sure your guests like small plates when they go. The food is very good but the portions are small compare to regular restaurants. The chef is very creative with the presentation and it is a good place for a romantic night out with that special person .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice addition to AlbuquerqueOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/20/2014Delicious food and great service. Creative dishes and good wine list. We really enjoyed our evening at Elaine's. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Fine Food in ABQBrukzDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I tend to return to the same restaurants, ad nauseum because there is simply not enough fine dining in Albuquerque, whether white tablecloth or casul, we just want good food that is well prepared and unpretentious. Elaine's fits the bill. I love that the Chef uses available local ingredients (farm to table) and changes the menu accordingly so there is no chance of getting in a rut with one or two dishes. Elaine is a delight, presiding over the dining room, greeting guests and following up with table visits. A perfect place to dine bridging the gap between upscale and just plain old comfortable.Special Features:
- A delightful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2014We enjoyed good food prepared well. My brother (a good cook in his own right) mentioned how he couldn't replicate what he ordered and what he ordered was absolutely wonderful. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but limited menuJeanDined on 6/14/2014I'd suggest looking at the menu on line. What the have on line is pretty much what they have. The food is good but it is a bit pricey and some of the items are oddly "deconstructed" The Caesar salad is a pretty presentation but having everything piled on the romaine lettuce heart made it difficult to eat. The Elaine's smor was very disappointing. $10 for a glob of marshmallow from a jar with milk chocolate and a graham cracker broken up and then warmed up. The swordfish and leg of lamb, however, were quite good and well prepared.Special Features: