3503 Central Ave NE
Albuquerque, NM 87106Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elainesnobhill.com/
- Phone: (505) 433-4782
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Garrick Mendoza/ Andrew Gorski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Elaine Blanco 5053288225x
A word from Elaine's
Elaine’s is an American Bistro featuring American contemporary food prepared in house using time honored methods. We only feature fresh foods, as close to locally grown as we can make happen. We have an eclectic wine menu featuring the wines of California, Washington State, Oregon, along with some fine French wines, along with a smattering of Italian classics. Our Chefs have been sourced from the finest restaurants in America, both executive chefs have degrees from the famed Culinary Institute of America, they both went on to hone their skills with the finest chefs in America, before returning to Albuquerque to become partners in this venture.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Elaine's - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
Elaine's reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (65)special occasion (64)romantic (49)neighborhood gem (48)notable wine list (24)good for groups (11)hot spot (11)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/21/2014Had a party of four last Fri night for a birthday celebration. Our waitstaff was terrific, being very attentive , but not intrusive. The menu is small, but the choices were well prepared, served hot, and seasoned well. The wine list should probably be expanded a bit. Seems to be a big jump from moderately priced selections to higher end Napa valley cabs. Like to see some more selections from France. Generally, well done, well priced and well serviced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!KellieDined on 11/15/2014Wonderful service... our waiter was great, patient... we were offered a complimentary glass of wine upon arriving because there was a tiny bit of a wait (like 5 min!). There were four of us and we ordered 3 different starters, 2 of the veggie course and 4 different main courses- EVERYTHING was delicious, beautifully presented and tasted amazing! We had fun ordering such a variety so we could all taste a bit of everything. We ordered 2 desserts and had yummy espresso. Highly recommend Elaine's for a great dinner out and/or special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistentSaurkrautVIPDined on 11/11/2014Our party of four ordered three different dishes: one loup de mer (roasted fish), one flatiron steak, and two skate wing entrees. The steak aand roasted fish were delicious. The skate wing was poor quality fish and not as well-prepared as the other dishes. We were disappointed because the place gets good reviews which the restaurant did no live up to.
- Great foodlovesfoodDined on 11/7/2014This is a a great find in Albuquerque. The food is excellent. Service was terrific. Parking was a bit difficult on a Friday night so allow a little extra time. Elaine takes an active role in greeting guests which is nice to see. The salad dressing was especially excellent! Atmosphere is nicely done but not stuffy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Flawless food. Sophisticated, layered flavors. Best in town. Elaine takes personal responsibility to ensure you are completely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!FineWineDinerDined on 10/28/2014Elaine's is an undiscovered gem in the Nob Hill area. My group enjoyed a Wine & Small Plate Event with an Italian Winemaker. Grazie!Special Features:
- genericthatguyDined on 10/25/2014Spacing was artificially tight for an Albuquerque diner and didn't feel natural like Farina. Both of our sides were flanked with generic first dates- e.g., a guy in his finest blazer, collared shirt, and square-toed shoes with a woman in sensible heels and light blonde highlights. Service was wildly prompt. It's the type of place where the waitstaff say things like "We could tell you the beer of the evening if you'd like" in a way that intones that you should not order beer here because it's not that type of establishment. The food was good and boring in a generic upscale french-ish haute way, though the starter sopapillas were a nice touch. It's a place not out of place in boring, upscale areas in LA. To be clear, that's not a compliment.Special Features:
- Elaine serves great foodWillierayDined on 10/24/2014The food won't be found at many ABQ restaurants and it's preparation and taste is excellent. The wait staff is knowledgeable about the menu and is very attentive. I like this place for dinner; and I recommend this place to anyone looking for a great place to eat. However it is not a hang-out place; a Friday/Saturday night party destination. After you eat...Then What? There is no live music, which a number of other eateries in the vicinity offer. The only alcohol served is wine and a very limited beer selection; so if you want an after dinner drink you have to go elsewhere; and for the money I paid I wanted a dining experience. Bottom line..If you have concert plans or are attending an event at Popejoy come here for a great meal.Special Features:
- Celebrating Special OccasionGoodEatsInThe505Dined on 10/24/2014Elaine's was recommended by friends as a place for us to enjoy a celebratory dinner with them and our parents. The menu, food quality and service did not disappoint. We enjoyed the special fried brussel's sprouts and anchovy appetizer. The steak and salmon were generously proportioned, and the entrees were paired well with their sides. Deserts were ample enough to share. We will return!Special Features:
- DannoDined on 10/21/2014Excellent way to celebrate a birthday or anniversary. Jessica was the best server!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining expeeriencenananddenDined on 10/21/2014Everything about our dining experience was wonderful. And the hostess is exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/15/2014This restaurant is a unique place. No full Liquor license. Only Beer and Wine. Menu is small but there is a seasonal flair. Food is presented well.Special Features:
- Surprise FindljcapVIPDined on 10/14/2014I was visiting Albuquerque and chose this restaurant based on Open Table reviews. It was excellent! The people and service were as outstanding as the food. My only criticism would be to turn down the very nice music a bit. Everything was delicious and special!Special Features:
- Disappointing eveningJoBlueDined on 10/11/2014We have been wanting to try Elaines and had heard some good things...When we got there , it was pleasant, fairly quiet and the room was small and intimate.....unfortunately, the food ruined the experience....we ordered the taste of fall and it literally a few pieces of pumpkin. a few raisins, and a drizzle of some sauce....the selection of entrees was so limited. I am vegetarian and there wasn't really even one choice...very unusual these days for any restaurant....so, I decided to have salmon, which I love....they were out !...sooooo....I went with skirt fish which the waitress suggested.....it was awful!....so bland and stringy and drowned in a thick, white sauce....actually inedible. Dessert was nice but we will not be backSpecial Features:
- Perfect EveningakanterDined on 10/11/2014We were so pleased with Elaine's! The menu had just changed a few days before, and my husband was super pleased by the fall choices. Everything was delightful, filing and flavorful. Our server was a crack up! Michael? I think was his name. Started with a joke and kept us pleased. Our dining experience was wonderfully timed so we could take our time and enjoy each course, as well as each other. I'm so happy we choose Elaine's for our wedding night dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best restaurNt in AlbuquerqueBrukzDined on 10/9/2014Elaine's has become my go-to restaurant with out-of-town guests. Everything about Elaine's is first rate. Delicious, seasonal food, excellent service and warm ambiance.Special Features:
- Elaine's As Good As The First TimeGuitarmaniacDined on 10/9/2014This was the second time that we've been to Elaine's and it does not disappoint. Great service and great food. We took friends from Az. and they loved it. Both couples shared the Scallop appetizer and they we're melt in the mouth good. The server suggested the chicken dish and normally that would not be a choice. One of our guests had it and said "it was the best he has ever had. I had the Salmon and the girls had Skate and Lamb. All in all another great meal with a great wine. Thanks Elaine, we love your restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't sit down until you're sureStillwaitingDined on 10/7/2014We were recommended the Pre theatre dinner, and reserved. When we arrived we were told that menu was still available. We sat down. The waiter then came to tell us that menu was not available. We left. We won't go back .
- excellentjpk2Dined on 10/4/2014The restaurant was a very nice find. Elaine was very nice and was engaged in the activity of the meal and the wine. It has a small menu which works great if you like the choices but in my view it is always better to be good at a few things and not try to do too much.Special Features:
- A 10 plus!Lucky1947VIPDined on 10/3/2014Best food I have ever eaten. Perfectly prepared. Great service. Lauren was fabulous. Elaine exudes charisma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elaine's is a delight!wheeeDined on 10/3/2014Probably the best fine dining in Albuquerque right now. Menu offerings are well considered, diverse, and nicely presented (delicious too!). Wine list has something for everyone/every occasion without being too pretentious. Staff are well versed in food and wine offerings. While we didn't take advantage of these, the prix fixe and happy hour offerings looked promising.Special Features:
- SARSAR1Dined on 10/3/2014Excellent food and service. I had a steak and my wife had the Lamb, both were great choices and perfectly prepared. Smaller portions but perfect unless you are really hungry.Special Features:
- Late night dinnerChrisDined on 10/2/20149 PM dinner at Elaine's was lovely - a perfect follow-up to an early film at The Guild down the street. Lighter fare options were perfect for dining later than usual.Special Features:
- Very pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014The flavors were spectacular! Prices are high, but you get what you pay for. Not a single complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveVIPDined on 9/30/2014The staff at Elaine's are very friendly and provided excellent service. Elaine herself is a character and lots of fun. My swordfish was over cooked, but the rest of the meal perfect. Try the banana creme brûlée.Special Features:
- bonitaVIPDined on 9/26/2014Wish the menu had more choices. Very limited. But everything we had was very good.Special Features:
- Lovely for 2-4 for intimate diningfoodfan2Dined on 9/26/2014We had an interesting and delicious meal before a play. The portion size was satisfying but we weren't stuffed. The ambiance and service were excellent. The owner came to our table twice to ask if we were enjoying our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightfully Wicked!lovebugDined on 9/26/2014Two in our party choose the prefix course with wine pairings, what a great choice. Our other friend choose from the regular menu but all of us were members of the clean plate club! It was my first visit and I have plans to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visitingABQDined on 9/25/2014Good food, good service, good wine list. Lamb was special. Pinots were excellent.Special Features:
- Special Place - Don't Miss ThisABQTRAVELERDined on 9/24/2014Menu is not inexpensive, but the food is well worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noneVIPDined on 9/20/2014Here is a place that offers Santa Fe quality food at Albuquerque prices. The gazpacho starter was terrific and the main courses of either the tuna or the scallops were exceptional. Both main courses were the right size and done to perfection. This is a relatively recent addition to the local restaurant seen and well worth a try. We will be repeat customers many times over in the future.Special Features:
- Dinner delight.NellieDined on 9/20/2014Excellent dining experience. Food was wonderful and presentation great.Special Features:
- Best SopaipillasFoodieDined on 9/19/2014We'd been wanting to go here for several months, and the opportunity arrived. Such a friendly owner and the food was great. The sopaipillas that you get as the starter (the "bread" service), were excellent. So yummy. We will be back soon to try more of the menu.Special Features:
- Improved Menu-Still Beer/Wine OnlyMikeHuntVIPDined on 9/13/2014It's been a while since I've been to Elaines, and I'm glad to see that they've relaunched the menu with more approachable choices. The shrimp cocktail appetizer is awesome, and definitely not your grandmother's style. Very good. Still, there's only beer & wine available, so if it's a pre-dinner cocktail you're looking for, head over to Scalo's across the street first.Special Features:
- Good, but noisytravelingman1Dined on 9/6/2014Ate there on a Saturday night. For our tastes, too noisy. Perhaps a weekday night would be better. Hard surfaces do not absorb sound, so with a full dining area, the ambient sound level was high. We may try again on a weekday night to see whether there is a difference. For us, the sound level detracted from the food, which was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak and lamb in Albuquerque.BigFatFoodieDined on 9/6/2014I went to Elaine's with my wife and another couple. I ordered the Lamb and my wife ordered the 16oz bone in ribeye (it was the market special that evening.) I wound up eating half of my wife's steak. Not because my lamb was bad, infact it was delicious. Because it was hands down the best steak I have ever had in Albuquerque. We went to Vernon's the week before and it was better than theirs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Dining ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/4/2014I was visiting Albuquerque and did some research online and this restaurant came up high on the reviews so I decided to check it out. I had an early reservation on a Thursday evening so it wasn't crowded when I arrived but it did pick up when I left. As I entered, I was promptly greeted and asked if I had a preference for a booth, table, or bar. I opted for the booth and was greeted by my server. He was very helpful in helping me decide on a couple of items I was considering on the menu. I started with the poke appetizer and had the sesame crusted salmon for my entrée, which were excellent choices. I wish I was staying longer so I could try other items on the menu...but I guess that will need to wait for another trip.Special Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014This was a great place to take the special someone.Special Features:
- Wow!TinManVIPDined on 8/23/2014What a foodie's find in Albuquerque. My wife and I enjoyed everything. The food is comparable to the finest cuisine available ANYWHERE. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014Elaine's is a very nice little bistro in Nob Hill. My wife and I are picky, and well,...Great food, great service! We will be back!Special Features: