El Torito Grill - Beverly Hills
9595 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
El Torito Grill - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.etgrill.com/
- Phone: 3105501599
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: For all catering information, please contact Lance Danell, General Manager. (310) 550-1599.
- Private Party Facilities: For all private party information, please contact the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Alma Alonzo 9499751979
- Entertainment: We do not offer any live entertainment. However, most sporting events are broadcasted. (Sunday and Monday night football, NBA Basketball, College Football etc..)
A word from El Torito Grill - Beverly Hills
El Torito Grill celebrates a fusion of contemporary and native flavors of Mexico. El Torito Grill artfully blends the traditional and the unexpected. A pleasing palatte of colors, textures and tastes that brings to life the very essence of all that Mexico celebrates. Rich culture. Delicious cuisine. Festive gatherings of family and friends. At El Torito Grill, you will receive unparalleled service and taste creative interpretations of nuevo classics prepared with only the freshest and finest ingredients. Dishes are designed to satisfy and surprise. Our flour tortillas are handmade, prepared fresh throughout the day and served with our fresh salsa quemada, salsa roja and signature honey butter. Our wood-fired mesquite grill imparts a sweet, smokey essence to our food in the traditional Mexican style. We invite you on a culinary journey through Mexico's past. And its future. El Torito Grill. There is no other.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Torito Grill - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
- My beef is with Open TableLCinLADined on 1/14/2013My beef is with Open Table - according to the restaurant, they did not receive notification about this reservation, made several days in advance, until the late morning of January 14th. The table was not set up for our party and we had to wait (not long, but what's the point of using open table if the reservation is not conveyed until the time of the reservation?).Special Features:
- Rhey could not find reservation.missydog02Dined on 1/12/2013Rhey could not find reservation. We were setted anywaySpecial Features:
- A standout among chain restaurants.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/1/2013A standout among chain restaurants...clean space, efficiently prepared, tasty food, great service.Special Features:
- Happy New Year!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012The food , the ambiance is amazing. We had a wonderful experience in picking this restaurant for our New Years Eve dinner. The food is excellent.Special Features:
- Great Soup!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/2/2012Thank you for the Recomendation for recommendation from our server of the Roasted Tomatoes Specialty Soup! Taste so Different and so Fresh and Its so good! The Mocajete I hope that is how you spell it!It is brought to you in a Hot Lava STONE Grinding bowl! It can feed 2 people easy! It’s got Chicken Steak Chilies lots more! I went back twice already you can walk to Rodeo Drive down the Street afterwords, I went early at 1pm not many people at that time must pick up later. still great food both time! 12/11/12Special Features:
- I have been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2012I have been to this restaurant many times and I always had a good meal. Last time I had an excellent meal!! Thanks to the chef and team!! Way to go.Special Features:
- My food was...OK, my guestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012My food was...OK, my guest had to send her's back.
- USC football game on a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/15/2012USC football game on a Saturday night - bar was pretty busy, so service was not great. Love the unique margaritas.
- Unacceptably bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2012This was the worst service I have had at a restaurant in years. We had a group of 10, so we expected some delays, but the wait staff virtually ignored us for large blocks of time, brought the food out completely randomly (some people received entrees before their own or other people's appetizers; some people received nothing until others had finished two courses), brought several incorrect items, and charged us for things that had never appeared. Getting a water refill required a concentrated effort for several minutes as different people told us they would send someone else who never showed up. . . . There were no apologies or explanations & neither the restaurant nor staff looked terribly busy.
- One of the best fresh mexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2012One of the best fresh mexican resteraunt groups in la. Fresh food with a good variety. Service here surpasses other locationsSpecial Features:
- This is a staple around theBheaterVIPDined on 8/17/2012This is a staple around the beverly hills area. The food is always very good and service is perfect....drinks are great and they even have early bird specials. Kid friendly and great mexican food.Special Features:
- Their Happy Hour means onlyDaisyDined on 8/9/2012Their Happy Hour means only selected drinks...I don't do Margaritas so I didn't benefit the happy hour prices.
- Great guacamoleOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/7/2012Great fresh guacamole, prepared tableside. Love it!Special Features:
- As a chain resteraunt ownedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2012As a chain resteraunt owned by El Torito one would think the food to be similar. Hoqwever,, far from the truth is tht all El Toritios should be as good as El Torito Grill. Food is fresh and prepared right there for any one to see. Variety for all taste. Service is the best at Beverly Hills location comparative to other locations.Special Features:
- great drinks; service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/4/2012great drinks; service was extra slow this time - seems like the restaurant was under-staffed.
- wonderful Mexician restaurantBheaterVIPDined on 7/26/2012wonderful Mexician restaurant in the heart of Beverly Hills. A fast moving bar scene especially on thursday friday and sat. nights.. Great family friendly and they honor reservations. What more could a person want when hungry and wanting Mexican food.. They have an awesome at the table guacamole service. Bar drinks are wonderful and go early get a bargain..Special Features:
- Margaritas in Beverly HillsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2012It's not what it used to be, but it's good enough for a decent lunch and drinks with friends or co-workers.Special Features:
- Great for lunch! We orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/12/2012Great for lunch! We ordered guacamole to share which they made at the table minutes after placing the order. The chicken fajitas were great. Service was attentive.Special Features:
- Hopefully Sunday was an offOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/10/2012Hopefully Sunday was an off night. The food was not remarkable in the least, and the service was just ok. There is a change of ownership application notice on the door.Special Features:
- The food is consistently outstandinDisappointedVIPDined on 6/2/2012The food is consistently outstanding, especially the chicken fajitas. The service is excellent with every server aiming to please.Special Features:
- The tortillas they bring toHollettLADined on 5/25/2012The tortillas they bring to the table and the great, extensive and varied drink lost are standouts.Special Features:
- The overall experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2012The overall experience was good; however, although we had made a reservation weeks ahead, arrived at least 20 minutes before the reservation time, and the restaurant was almost empty, we were directed to a booth right next to the kitchen. We asked for a different seating arrangement and they complied with our request (an unnecessary and inconvenient extra step.Special Features:
- Pros: Large dining room soOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2012Pros: Large dining room so wait time was none. They make fresh tortillas on the spot which are delish! Margarita's were perfect! Cons: Menu is limited and food just tasted normal. Nothing exciting about the food or flavor.Special Features:
- food was average. pricesBatyaDined on 5/4/2012food was average. prices are higher than comparable restaurants in the area. tortillas, salsa and chips are great.
- overall great neighborhoodBheaterVIPDined on 3/30/2012overall great neighborhood run to. the food is good however lately the service has been spot on. they really seem to be listening to what the client want. Yeh thank you for listening.....Special Features:
- mexican beverly hills styleBheaterVIPDined on 3/24/2012Mexican in the center of beverly hills is always fun.You really don't have to over pay and have a fun mexican good time..... The bar scene on friday nights is a great hang out.....The food is fresh and the service friendly. The tortillas are made fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- the best of all was our server!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2012the best of all was our server!!!!!!! she was exceptionally wonderful! Funny, quick, informative, and willing to substitute if iot made us happy. Best service experiance ever! A very long time ago i worked for El Torito grill and recall that the fajita salad had grilled jicama instead of the onions. having that on the salad is a much better choice than onions that overwhelm the dish. just a suggestion...
- Food was just ok. It's "chainy"OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/18/2012Food was just ok. It's "chainy" atmosphere and food and the server was more like getting you in and getting you out instead of making you feel like a customer.Special Features:
- Only downside is the priceBatyaDined on 2/12/2012Only downside is the price of the food - a bit steep.
- The food and the service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2012The food and the service was stellar. Don't miss the fresh guacamole or the carnesada. Be careful, the carnesada chimichuri is a bit spicier than expected, though the other two varieties are nice an mild. The price can't be beat for the area. Would eat here anytime!Special Features:
- This is my favorite go-toOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/23/2011This is my favorite go-to restaurant in the area. The food is delicious, the prices are very reasonable and the staff is friendly. Over the holiday, I took my family here, and they couldn't have been more pleased. They told me that the next time they're in town, they'd like to return. I especially appreciate the delicious non-alcoholic adult drink options.
- On this evening, the restaurantBatyaDined on 11/22/2011On this evening, the restaurant accepted three large-sized events to use their facilities, making the atmosphere a "zoo" for those patrons wanting to simply enjoy a peaceful dinner. They should only allow such groups to reserve their outside area room so that other patrons are not disturbed, or close the restaurant to outside patrons for the evening. This was probably the worst dining experience we have ever had in any restaurant.
- Over-priced for a lunch.BatyaDined on 11/12/2011Over-priced for a lunch. Good quality of food, nice atmosphere, and friendly service; need to adjust their menu prices to provide better value.
- Crunchy chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/3/2011I am not a fan of the food at this El Torito. Don't be fooled into thinking that it's normal El Torito fare, the food here is "up scale" but mostly it's crunchy chicken (they put some kind of hard corn in their chicken), black beans and green rice. I'd much rather go to Frida's down the street for "up scale" mexican food, but El Torito's is fine in a pinch.Special Features:
- Taco tuesday is great dealLAFoodGuy1VIPDined on 9/20/2011Taco tuesday is great deal ($2 tacos + $5 specialty margaritas)! But the service is awful...slowSpecial Features:
- A step up from most chainOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2011A step up from most chain Mexican restaurants and its El Torito siblings. Really good tortillas made on premises. Open kitchen. Good salsas. Lots of substantial salads.Special Features:
- Great for a moderately pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2011Great for a moderately priced chain. Food is consistant. You always know what you will get. I personally love the ceviche & mexican shrimp cocktail.
- I don't usually care for chainMamaZDined on 8/22/2011I don't usually care for chain restaurants, but the food is good...nothing special, but it's fine. I chose it for the convenient location. Our server, John, was very attentive.
- The food was delicious, everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/29/2011The food was delicious, everything was prepared perfectly. The fresh made tortillas instead of the standard chips and salsa is a unique gem. Only complaint is the service was on the slow side. It wasn't bad enough to not go back, but I would never eat there if I had an appointment afterward. Overall, a great dining experience.Special Features:
- For some reason, the waiter17foodfreakVIPDined on 7/26/2011For some reason, the waiter was so harassed he was running from table to table and paying no attention -- maybe not is fault -- he seemed overworked. But there was next to no service. Food was more or less deposited at the table, and that was it! Pleasant place, but in need of more waiters. The hostess was wonderful and solicitous.