El Torito Grill - Sherman Oaks
15301 Ventura Blvd
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
El Torito Grill - Sherman Oaks
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.etgrill.com/
- Phone: 8189077172
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Pepe Lopez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: El Torito Grill offers our catering services anytime anywhere with a great variety of plated luncheon or dinner as well as lavish buffets.Whether you choose to host your next business or social event at a personal residence, outdoor locations or our beautiful restaurants, you may rest assured that any gathering with us is a truly fun and memorable event that suits your goals, occasion and budget.
A word from El Torito Grill - Sherman Oaks
El Torito Grill features specialty menu items created by the Company's executive chef, Pepe Lopez, including mesquite broiled fish and steaks, as well as Mexican combination platters. Salads and soups are also available for both lunch and dinner. To compliment the range of specialty items, El Torito Grill offers a wide selection of upscale margaritas, in addition to a complete list of Mexican beers and cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Torito Grill - Sherman Oaks reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- nohonoshernohonosherDined on 10/21/2014El Torito is a great place for large groups and easy dining. the staff is always amazing. We often go here with a handicapped person and they always work so hard to accommodate her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014Enjoyed the tamale and chicken enchiladas very much although it was a little too loud and hard to have a conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/3/2014I always enjoy eating at El Torito Grill! The food is consistently good, the servers are friendly and the atmosphere is energetic. I'd recommend the Shrimp Diablo, if you like spicy, or the Fajitas Supremas. Also, get the fried icecream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going backShaedaVIPDined on 8/28/2014Disappointed. Sat down to lunch and waiter comes over to take drink order but while we are giving our order he walks away and doesn't come back but goes to serve other tables. After 5 min we got up and left.
- Great food, poor timing on serviceBluetagDined on 8/26/2014Steak nachos were great, so was the BBQ chicken tostado. The service was spotty, though. We ordered nachos as an appetizer to share, to be followed (of course) by the main course. The waiter, after turning in the order, told us that nachos took longer to prepare than the entrees we ordered, so they all might come out at the same time. Even though we asked him to hold the entree order, they did in fact arrive at the same time. How hard would it have been to have turned in our appetizer order first, and then our entree order?Special Features:
- Upscale Mexican CuisineStealthDined on 8/24/2014There's no refried beans here, or horchata, just an upscale menu that is both refined and refreshing. Enjoy the pre-meal warm tortillas and the outside view of people watching. Once the main course comes I'm sure you'll find it enjoyable, whatever you order (try the mesquite ribs). You'll pay a little more, but here I found it worth it.Special Features:
- The following 90 reviews are from the El Torito Grill - Sherman Oaks reviews archive.
- OkShellyVIPDined on 4/17/2014Miss the one in BH and service is always lacking when I go here.Special Features:
- anythingforapartyDined on 4/16/2014Enjoyed the food. The selection was accomidating to the fact that we had some restrictions on what my guests could eat.Special Features:
- So-so experienceQurlyGirlDined on 4/13/2014It wasn't extremely busy but the service was slow and the drinks we ordered came after our meal was served. The food was fine nothing spectacular but wasn't expecting it to be since we had been there before. Also, when I made the reservation I had noted we were celebrating a birthday and would have thought the hostess would have told our waitress but nothing mentioned. We ended up getting dessert elsewhere as my kids were looking forward to ice cream at Ben & Jerry's.
- Great MealgigiDined on 4/6/2014My husband I drove out to Sherman Oaks to meet some friends for a late lunch on Sunday afternoon . We had a coupon that we had printed off an e-mail for 2 margaritas and 2 combos for $20. When we presented it to our server, we were told that they didn't honor that coupon as their El Torito was an El Torito Grille. When we took a look at the menu, we realized that the selections were very different from the regular ET. Not a problem. The food was excellent. Especially the steak and shrimp combo. Our server offered freshly made flour tortillas along with 3 different sauces. Yummy. We will make the long drive again.... it was that good!Special Features:
- El Torito Sherman Oakslove2eatDined on 4/5/2014Great food but terrible service. Had to ask for items repeatedly before finally getting them. They bring chips but no salsa, waitress brought wrong drink, etc...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TacosLexionnVIPDined on 3/18/2014Went there with a good friend. We ended up not ordering off the menu as they had tacos as a buffet. We were surprised of how good they were and how inexpensive it was overall. I would go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great experience!Snowflake981VIPDined on 2/22/2014Bad service, mediocre food at best, the restaurant was a mess and the servers didn't care!Special Features:
- room for improvement.AndresDined on 2/17/2014My wife had the BBQ ribs which she loves at this place. I had the shrimp a la diabla which were bland, dissapinting and will not order again. The guacamole trio we enjoy and roasted tomato soup was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New place for brunchvalleymomVIPDined on 2/16/2014I received an email announcing El Torito Grill was now offering Sunday Brunch. I took some family members there to celebrate their birthdays and anniversaries. It was an excellent choice. There was a large variety of foods, attractively presented. Everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Tasty and lovelyFoodieGirlDined on 2/15/2014Pretty restaurant. Food was great. Upscale version of El Torito.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeGenie025Dined on 2/14/2014I read a lot of reviews on Yelp & Open Table before deciding on this place for valentine's Day But I'm glad I decided to just go despite the reviews. I had reservation that I made thanks to Open Table. We got there exactly at that time & we got attended right away. Everyone else had a wait time for 20 minutes. Once seated our waiter came right away with fresh made tortillas, Sweat Butter & 2 different kinds of Salsas. Which were awesome!!! So different from chips & salsa. The food was so flavorful. I absolutely love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- if you have a problem do notOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/14/2014if you have a problem do not count on the manager to resolve it
- Great For the MoviesyummyDined on 1/31/2014We always eat at El Torito Grill before the movies. Very convenient and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always have a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/26/2014I always have a wonderful time at El Torito Grill! The food is consistently good, the service is always prompt, and the food always tastes great! I recommend the fajitas supremas, the guac and the deep fried ice-cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I absolutely LOVE El ToritoOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/17/2014I absolutely LOVE El Torito Grill! The food is consistently good and the place is always SO full of energy. My issue arrises when I ask the waiter THREE times to ensure there is NO CHEESE in any of my meals. I was very clear before ordering that I have an ALLERGY to dairy. The first meal that comes out is dripping with cheese (I ordered soup) I send it back and he brings another soup "without" cheese. But wait, this one had cheese as well, but instead of it being mixed in the soup, it was all sitting at the bottom. He obviously just poured the soup out and used the same bowl for the new one. After giving it back again, I told him I wasn't going to eat anything. He was nice that time and brought me a full meal without cheese.Special Features:
- Mucho Noisy!!acprodDined on 1/11/2014Better than average chain with a large menu. Great margaritas and fresh guacamole made to your liking at the table. I split the chicken fajitas with my girlfriend and that combined with the specially prepared guacamole was more than enough food. The problem with this particular El Torito is that it's situated in the Sherman Oaks Galleria and gets the movie crowd. It was so noisy and chaotic Saturday night that I couldn't wait to leave. If one goes during the week when it's less crowded, the experience would be more pleasurable.Special Features:
- Post Theater MunchiesTarzanaDaveDined on 1/1/2014As we exited the movie theater, we all had the same feeling gnawing at our insides: HUNGER. There are several upscale restaurants nearby. We tried all of them but they all had 45 minute waiting times. Open Table showed that the El Torito Grill had availability in 15 minutes so I made the reservation. I called a minute later to ask if there was anything sooner than our reservation and was told to come right over, NOW! So, the wait went from 45 minutes without a reservation, to 15 minutes with a reservation to zero minutes. To make it even better, the food was hot and delicious. Our server, Raffiel, was friendly and accommodating. We had a great time.Special Features:
- a just ok NYE dinnerCOLDTACOVIPDined on 12/31/2013Cold rice, cold tacos, holes in the booth seats....hey at least we got a reservation for NYE.
- Terrible and inattentive serviceDoreeVIPDined on 12/28/2013Terrible and inattentive service but wonderful night manager who fixed up the mixed up order, the mixed up bill (charges for things we did not even order). After the female night manager came to help our original waiter was all over our table. Will not go back for dinner but will try lunch.Special Features:
- Too busy on fri nightKGdinnerzVIPDined on 12/27/2013We come to the grill a lot and last Friday we received terrible service. Usually the service is pretty good but even though there was not much of a wait outside, our waiter was obviously handling too many tables. He was tough to track down and difficult to keep his attention once he came to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come for the Food!crob3888Dined on 12/22/2013If what you seek is Gourmet Mexican food, El Torito Grill has it all. Our group tried the carnitas (incredibly juicy), the lobster quesadilla (fantastic flavors), the shrimp enchiladas (fresh and delicious), and some tequilas. They were a delight. Service was slightly slow, so don't come here in a rush expecting to get in and out in less than 30 minutes. Take your time, enjoy a drink, savor your food, and you'll be just fine. Oh, and the warm tortillas that they serve every table as an appetizer are to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- total disasterUno1VIPDined on 11/15/2013It took the totally incompetent staff more than 45 minutes to locate a table and seat us.
- alwasy good for lunch with friendsLunchWFriendsVIPDined on 11/2/2013prompt, friendly service and tasty food gets me coming back here time and time again. don't miss the freshly made tortillas.Special Features:
- Portion size was just right.LunchWFriendsVIPDined on 10/29/2013Portion size was just right. Service was great - not intrustive, but friendly and professional (anticipating needs).Special Features:
- Overall decent mass market foodCharlesLA352Dined on 10/26/2013Good food. Really bad service. Waiter made 4 mistakes, forgot drink order, forgot to bring parts of order etc. I think it was just the waiter was inexperienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConvenientSandebVIPDined on 10/19/2013If you are going to Arclight movies at Sherman Oaks Galleria but too noisy and food blah.....
- Not your typical Mexican FoodvalleymomVIPDined on 10/13/2013As a rule Mexican food is not high on my list of favorites, but El Torito's menu has such an assortment of temptations. The ribs are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food okay, great customer service!SallyslaphappyDined on 10/12/2013You can't really go wrong with El Torito as far as the food. Where it shined was in the customer service. The wait staff was totally swamped, but they were on it. I also had a coupon that I couldn't print, and the manager just had me email it to him right then, and he honored it with a little more of a discount. This place is obviously a hot spot, so if you're looking for a vibrant place on a saturday night, go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have eaten at El ToritoYolandaVIPDined on 10/2/2013I have eaten at El Torito Grill several times in the past, but our last visit was very disappointing. I ordered the romaine salad with chicken. The portion was very small, the presentation was unappealing and the salad lacked substance. The rest of my party was equally disappointing and the service was very spotty.
- Had a 6:30 reservation. tableWaitingDined on 9/28/2013Had a 6:30 reservation. table was not ready when we arrived. We told the hostess we would be waiting in the bar. We bought a round of drinks and thought it odd we had not been called yet at it was after 7. My husband went to hostess and she said we called your name and no one answered. He reminded her we said we would be in the bar, and she replied, "oh yea". we finally sat down closed to 8pm. we were greeted right away with water tortillas and table side guacamole, but no waitress. She finally took our order and the food took a long time too. we watched several tables around us order, receive food and finish before we got ours. The food, when it arrived was good, but we had eaten so many chips waiting no one could really enjoy.Special Features:
- happy Hour aint happydleeVIPDined on 9/27/2013I had a reservation and wanted to sit on the patio, but when I arrived, because my friend has asked for a booth, she said the patio was reserved (it was half empty). When we finally got a seat on the patio, we might has weel have been in the desert as we got terrible service. The waiter was ueber slow, confused and disorganized. My margarita was pure alcohol and their beans are watery.
- Love El Torito GrillSUprvarDined on 9/7/2013It is centrally located between us and my in Laws, good food for Kids and adults alike, good Margarita's and the service is excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the GalleriaPickyVIPDined on 9/5/2013WE often meet our Valley friends at the Sherman Oaks Galleria. We don't like huge restaurants, Cheesecake FActory, P.F. Changs, etc. It's always so hectic. We will definitely be returning to El Torito Grill next time we have friends to meet. Great service and good food.Special Features:
- always greatwormDined on 9/2/2013We like going here for the dinner and drinks before a movie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.