El Torito Grill - Irvine
1910 Main St
Irvine, CA 92614Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
El Torito Grill - Irvine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.etgrill.com/
- Phone: 9499751220
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 9:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Mexican, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Pepe lopez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from El Torito Grill - Irvine
El Torito Grill features specialty menu items created by the Company's executive chef, Pepe Lopez, including mesquite broiled fish and steaks, as well as Mexican combination platters. Salads and soups are also available for both lunch and dinner. To compliment the range of specialty items, El Torito Grill offers a wide selection of upscale margaritas, in addition to a complete list of Mexican beers and cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
El Torito Grill - Irvine - Best Restaurants in Irvine ›
El Torito Grill - Irvine reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (20)great for brunch (15)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (12)kid-friendly (9)special occasion (8)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (4)romantic (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Quickly going downhillBBarnesDined on 8/19/2014This used to be my favorite restaurant but the last time I went and took 14 coworkers, it was a serious let down. It seems that they have 86'd the ceviche, even though it's still on the menu. 2 people wanted a mango margarita and they were out of mango. I ordered fajitas and it was not sizzling plus the meats were overlooked. The waitress was too busy eating and chatting to get us our beverages in a timely manner. I will not be taking anyone back there and will have to find a new favorite restaurant.
- SadDerrickDined on 8/15/2014Each time I've come there has been an issue. Wrong order Everytime except the last two visits but they forget everything and you sit waiting. No water refills, brought my fajitas but no tortillas for 10 mins. Awful. I'll never go backSpecial Features:
- SteveDined on 8/10/2014Need bacon Need bacon Need bacon Need bacon Need baconSpecial Features:
- Food Qualitysorry3Dined on 8/1/2014Ordered Cerviche - not available. All food arrived very late apparent it had been sitting under a heat lamp for quite some time.Special Features:
- it was goodnezzDined on 7/27/2014it was my grandmothers birthday and she had a nice Sunday brunch and fun birthday there ! a lot of foodSpecial Features:
- Celebration PossibilityCalGalDined on 7/27/2014Brought party of 10 to Irvine El Torito Grill to celebrate grandfather's birthday. Space adequate to accommodate our group's size, terrific server in Rodisela, and plenty of food to choose from for all age levels (2 yrs to 78 yrs). We did not feel rushed and enjoyed our time together, but did find the traffic pattern of the food service area a bit difficult to navigate due to congestion and restricted flow on the floor, especially as the opening for the food service area is right where people enter the restaurant itself, which contributed to the crowding. Still, we would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodmikey2005Dined on 7/19/2014The tortillas they bring out with the chips are excellent!!Special Features:
- Hit or MissFlumppDined on 7/9/2014This place is somewhat inconsistent. Sometimes it's a great experience, and the food and service is great, other times, like my last visit, it's just average. Our server had tables all over the restaurant, thus service was poor. We had to ask several other people for more water, salsa, etc. The food again, was OK. I had the scallop dinner and they were way overcooked. My date had the fajitas which were ok. Too bad because this place has great potential. The salsas are great, food has potential, service needs training. They also need a manager on the floor.Special Features:
- nothing to write home aboutFoodieVIPDined on 6/24/2014Came in for dinner and drinks. Seated right away although it was busy with large groups for graduation celebrations. Ordered the roasted tomato soup which was served not hot so I am not sure if this was an error or if it should be served hot. I would have preferred hot soup. Ordered a salad with chicken that was prepared table side. It was fair. Kind of tacky that the receipt came back with a long sheet of paper for a survey and online questionnaire. Tacky in my opinion for an upscale venue.
- GREAT EXPERIENCEFRANNIEDined on 6/21/2014WE TRULY ENJOYED OUR EXPERIENCE AT EL TORITO GRILL. THE FOOD WAS VERY GOOD AND OUR WAITER WAS EXTREMELY INFORMATIVE AND PLEASANT TO US. IT WILL BE ONE OF OUR FAVORITES. WE ALSO LIKED THE FACT THAT THE MENU IS THE SAME FOR LUNCH AND DINNER. THANK YOU KINDLY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellentLuckyDined on 6/8/2014I would recommend this to anyone, especially in a group setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a lot on the menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014The food was ok but there was not a lot on the menu. Our waiter would vanish for 15 minutes and everyone else would become our waiter. The restaurant was not busy at all so who knows what he was doing. The food was warm, not hot as if it came right off the grill.
- lunchyVIPDined on 5/24/2014we both had the special fehitas. All the meat was way overcooked and dry. Don't order these.
- Not what it used to be...markVIPDined on 5/17/2014Service was really not very good. The food was "okay". The table-side guacamole was very good. The tortilla soup was very good. The salsa is very good. The homemade flour tortillas were a bit gummy. The enchiladas were not good - they took a corn tortilla, filled it, then rolled it and poured not-very-good sauce over it. As it was not baked, the tortilla was raw, and was not good. The taquitos were greasy and soggy. A taco was served on a flour tortilla - why? Plenty other better options.
- Wait time was horriblelovtoeatDined on 5/11/2014Although I had a reservation at 11 a.m., I wasn't seated until 11:25. I don't see the point of a reservation if you're not going to seat us on time. One more thing, our waiter was horrible. dirty plates just sat at our table & we didn't get refills until we hunted our waiter down. A bit disappointed, however the food was amazing.Special Features:
- The following 81 reviews are from the El Torito Grill - Irvine reviews archive.
- Decent food, great for families.RichDined on 5/3/2014We made last minute reservations here because we had 6 family members come into town "out of the blue". El Torito Grill was happy to accommodate our large party of 12. They got us to our table very quickly and the waiter(s) that helped us were extremely attentive the entire time. I can't say the food was special, pretty much standard mexican sit-down fare, except for the freshly baked tortillas, which were both delicious and plentiful (the excellent waiters brought us fresh tortillas throughout the duration of the meal). The price was very reasonable too. Overall I would not hesitate to bring a big family with kids here again in the future. Just don't expect the food to be that amazing (except the tortillas! love those!)...Special Features:
- Brunch not so specialfoodfriendDined on 4/27/2014We went there to celebrate a birthday, to us it was not a celebration. Made reservation days ahead and were put in the very back by the door. We were forgotten by the service crew had many plates that we piled up on the back of our booth. The food was just satisfactory. The home made tortillas were not maintained very well, every time we went up to get more we always got the last one, the taco bar barely gave you any meat in your taco, and very few condiments for your tacos (no cheese..just cilantro and onions) We have had brunch at the old El Torito Grill in Fashion Island and always loved going there, this was no comparison.
- Sunday brunchMishDined on 4/27/2014Made reservations in here...still had to wait. Service was SLOW. Food was COLD. Not a great experience. I have been to many el toritios and grills. This one was def not to go back to. I'd rather drive further to get better service and food
- Hostess was incorrectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014When we arrived at El Torito Grill on 4/20 at 11 I checked in with the hostess who could not find my name on her reservations list. I then said that's odd because received confirmation and she asked if it was via email. I said yes and she told me they do not send out reservation confirmations via email and my reservation must of been for the other el torito. I didn't continue checking my email for it like I should of and instead had to wait an hour for a table of 4 while parties of 7 who came after me were being seated. I called and spoke with the manager Chris about this and he said he would talk to her but didn't offer any discount or anything for my inconvenience.Special Features:
- GREAT Service!ScottGeeDined on 4/13/2014LOVE the home made tortillas, and the custom omelets are grand, as is the champagne.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable experienceTennisGirlDined on 4/11/2014I've been going to El Torito Grill for a while. A good food, nice service. A few times I had Sunday branch there with friends. A very convinient location right in a middle of Irvine. I can highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014I made reservations on line, and even got a confirmation from you. However, when I got to the restaurant, there were no reservations received in my name. You did a very poor job in communicating with the restaurant that I spent the time and effort to make a reservation. They never got it.
- Great servicewjpughDined on 3/19/2014This restaurant has really great service. The staff did anything for you. I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Enjoy El Torito GrillPleasantVIPDined on 3/16/2014Service and food was excellent. Love those flour tortilla's.Special Features:
- Dependable local Mexican restaurantLikeToEatOutVIPDined on 2/26/2014We keep coming back because the restaurant consistently delivers its menu and provides good service. Easy option for us to grab good dinner. We were there on a Friday night this time, and the restaurant was packed. The noise level was very high, but our service and food remained the same - nice job! We will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/23/2014Great brunch, but wish they would have labeled the items. It was hard to know what you were eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with the LadiesBoberanDined on 2/20/2014Fabulous Margarita! Enjoyed the scallop ceviche. Chicken salad is diet friendly and delicious. Loved the dressing.Special Features:
- What's A Reservation Good For?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2014Why make a reservation when you wait another 25 mins for your table? This location is poorly managed.
- only one thing wrong...FajitaboyDined on 2/14/2014We were, unfortunately, seated next to a untensil collection area and had to listen to the guy CLANGING the silverware into a bucket a top volume for five minutes. Our server was good, though, when we asked her to tell him to knock it off. Other than that, great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavorful, dependable MexicanLikeToEatOutVIPDined on 2/1/2014We enjoy coming to this restaurant for a Mexican-themed meal. Service is always fast and attentive. Food is good quality.
- Service sufferedJosephVIPDined on 1/25/2014We eat at El Torito Grill often and the service is usually great, but Saturday night the waiter's timing was way out. The hostess seated us nicely in a quiet table as requested. But then: drinks slow to come, guac at table ok, long wait to order, salads served quickly and main course served about 4 minutes into our salads...we almost sent them back. We watched and the waiter could not multitask...one thing at a time. Food was excellent - we'll be back and hope to get the short guy next time.
- lunch with friendsjovaliDined on 1/23/2014Been to this location multiple times. Food is pretty much on point, but service varies. This visit service lacked. Two people in our party of four did not get what they ordered so we had to wait extra. Staff was friendly, but lacked attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchScottGeeDined on 1/19/2014Great custom made (while you watch) omelets, home made tortillas and champagne on the patio. Hard to beat the brunch buffet combination, along with these accompanyments.Special Features:
- Great service. 5 stars!!!Steven67frDined on 1/18/2014The waitstaff was excellent. The quality of food was good. The menu was very differentiated from the non grill el torito locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality foodBBarnesDined on 1/14/2014Love the fresh tortillas. It's not your typical Mexican food. High quality and extremely delicious. You can't miss with this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/29/2013Had an average experience here. Host was nowhere to be found and when he did finally arrive answered the phone and kept us waiting. Think if the phone didn't ring we'd still be standing there. The tortillas were killer as usual but this time they were a little burnt. Carne Asada was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the bestLove2dineoutDined on 12/22/2013After making reservations we arrived and still had to wait for a table at least 10-15 minutes. They told us open table wasn't the same as calling in for a reservation. They said it just puts us in line for a table as if we had walked in and put our name on a list. It took an hours for us to receive our meal after we ordered it. Good food but not worth the wait.
- Didn't see our server oftenstorm2014Dined on 12/14/2013Didn't see our server often enough...we had to keep flagging him down if we needed something. When he served our food, he literally threw it on the table because he was in a big hurry and when he came around to collect the plates, he grabbed them and took them when people were still eating. We brought a birthday cake and one of the other servers grabbed the cake and started taking it away and there were 3 pieces left on the platter....nobody asked us if we wanted to take our leftovers to go....we felt like they were rushing us through so they could seat more people but nobody was waiting. All the servers were rushing.....I'm wondering if you were understaffed or is that the way it always is?
- I made this reservation aLammasDined on 11/29/2013I made this reservation a week in advance as we had a large party (12 people). When we arrived at the restaurant, they were not set up for us and did not have the reservation. I'm not sure what happened or how OPen Table works but I will not use this service again because of the above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grilled Chicken SaladconeillDined on 11/26/2013Gentlemen, Having been in the restaurant industry for over twenty years and a fan of El Torito for about the same amount of time, I feel compelled to let you know how disappointed I was in my last visit. First of all, the service was fantastic and couldn't have been better! The big disappointment was in the food! How could four grilled chicken salads be so bad?? ALL four salads were almost wilted and the chicken was rock hard. Also, the quantity was very sparse for a high gross profit item.