2100 Spring Road
Oak Brook, IL 60523Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eltapeorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6308282044x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm; Lounge Hours: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm -12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Executive Chef: Franco Diaz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant
A word from El Tapeo
The name “El Tapeo” originates from southern Spanish local slang “Vamos de tapeo” which translates as, “Let’s go for tapas”. El Tapeo offers a menu of authentic Spanish Tapas with small plates and main courses for sharing “family style”. The lounge will offer the same menu "tapas style" small plates to share.In the Lounge, enjoy live entertainment on select Friday and Saturday nights along with craft cocktails, signature sangria or fine wines and champagnes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Tapeo reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (11)special occasion (10)fit for foodies (8)romantic (8)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (5)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014White table cloths a Must for a menu with prices. . .Not placemats. . . Tables like school decks hard to pull chair up to the table. . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodJunkieVIPDined on 9/6/2014Le Merdien new to the Oak brook area was looking forward to booking a group party there but after I had tried the food I was not impressed. Food needs help, the music is there is too loud your server has to shout while he's telling you about the menu. I was hoping there will be a great view since the restaurant is Higher and not ground level, my view was of The Double Tree..my inside view were these large block pillars that blocked off the scene in the place. Service was great, couldn't complain there.Special Features:
- Trendy, upscale Spanish in the mallSuburbanscoutVIPDined on 9/5/2014We were surprised and delighted to find El Tapeo through Open Table. The restaurant just opened a month ago in the Le Meridien hotel in the Oak Brook Shopping mall. Situated on the top floor of the hotel, and decorated with a sleek contemporary flare, it reminded me of dining at Jaleo in Las Vegas. The food was excellent, and the service attentive and friendly. The menu is more limited than our favorite Tapas restaurants in Hillside and Naperville, but the atmosphere is younger and exciting. The 9th floor shopping mall view looks better at night, and the restaurant cleverly places blinds helping sustain an illusion that we might be in Chicago or another urban setting.Special Features:
- Food was good. Nice service by AJLisaMcDDined on 9/5/2014Chairs were a bit uncomfortable. Ambiance was nice, energetic. Nicely decorated. Manager greeted us. All of the staff greeted us - very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- East Meets MidwestJebblueDined on 9/3/2014Definitely East Coast in terms simplicity of design. Motel 6? I had deviled eggs, baked ham and sausage tapas, plus ate one of the wife's lamb chops and had chocalate tort and creme brûlée for desert. All were rated from a low of excellent to a high of fantastic. The drinks were also world class and the drinks were served with a single solid ball of ice. That said the open floor plan with a highly reverbant hard floor can get noisy. At sunset the sun becomes a laser beam and there is no blind to block the death ray. I had to shift to an odd corner of our table to provide my wife with a solar eclipse using my head as a makeshift moon. Also no wifi unless you are a guest. Food, bar, service, view, a+ . But the devil is the details.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to work the kinks outJeevesVIPDined on 8/23/2014A well designed space with great views/sunsets on the 9th floor of the Oak Brook Le Meridian. Seemingly interesting cocktail menu priced as if produced by one of the city's top mixologists at $13 - $15 per drink fails to deliver. Extremely limited tapas menu for a "tapas" restaurant yields a handful of staples thoughtfully prepared but hardly inspired. Being only a couple miles from one of the best most consistent tapas restaurants Midwest will be a problem. Skip the over priced meat/cheese boards. Again, much better exmples already in the neighborhood. Entrees are priced as entrees, but portioned as shared plates. Deserts uninspired. Music & lighting turned WAY up. Go early for the view, get a drink, go someplace else to eat.Special Features:
- I dont think sotastebudspotonVIPDined on 8/22/2014Absolutely zero bang for the buck. Food below average at ridiculous price for quality and quantity received. Drinks were good but overpriced. Wine way overpriced. Can't believe it will make it without a menu overhaul and more moderate pricing. On the positive side - the space is very nice with a lot of windows and a good looking bar. Tables have a wooden crossbar at foot level which is awkward.
- Macek88Dined on 8/16/2014First time in this new restaurant. Food was fantastic!!! Even bread, just from the oven! Best olive oil I ever had!! Our server Patrick was very nice and make us laugh. This hotel and restaurant is very modern, very European. It need some punch! Just white and grey colors. Piano bar would be perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineDined on 8/15/2014This is a new favorite spot of ours! The restaurant is gorgeous with scenic views thru the floor to ceiling glass windows. We enjoyed a beautiful sunset during our dinner. The food was delicious and our server was very knowledgeable of the various food selections available. He took time to explain the options an answer any questions we had. The staff is friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is upbeat and modern. It was truly and enjoyable experience. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. Reservations recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerLorneVIPDined on 8/14/2014First time for dinner. Very modern style tapas style restaurant. Food very good with great view of sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the El Tapeo reviews archive.