El Sitio Steak and Seafood
729 C Haddon Ave
Collingswood, NJ 08108-3711Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
El Sitio Steak and Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elsitiocollingswood.com/
- Phone: 8562401217x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Sunday: 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from El Sitio Steak and Seafood
We, at El Sitio, cook what we want to share, the good memories of our flavors. Come and join us and feel like home, taste our comfort and traditional dishes from Ecuador, Peru and Argentina like empanadas, ceviche, tasty seafood and Argentinean steaks seasoned with chimichurri sauce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
El Sitio Steak and Seafood - Best Restaurants in Collingswood ›
El Sitio Steak and Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)great for outdoor dining (35)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (19)special occasion (17)romantic (14)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We have tried many places in Collingswood, but never El Sitio. We have always walked by and looked at the menu. When deciding where to go for a birthday dinner, we wanted to try something new. The food was amazing! The ceviche and empanadas were the best we've had. The staff was friendly. We were early for our reservations but they still sat us right away. There is outdoor seating as well.Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great. Had the Filet with Monchega cheese, unbelievable!Special Features:
- WilburDined on 8/30/2014As I have said before this is a gem. By far the best in callings wood . You must go. Food and service superbSpecial Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014El Sitio is a nice place for a date night or family dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinnerRabYVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great place for dinner with friends. The food is very good and the service is good as well.Special Features:
- Should've spoken upNancysfanciesDined on 8/22/2014On the way home, the three of us discussed our meals and all realized they had one thing in common - way too salty. I wish now we had said something, as this could probably have been addressed by the kitchen via preparing new entrees. I love this restaurant and have dined here five or six times, but this is my second salty experience. Otherwise, the flavors created here are amazing. El Sitio, please monitor your salt shaker, as it takes away from the enjoyment of your excellent food.Special Features:
- OverpricedJRocks888VIPDined on 8/16/2014First, I wanted to point out that there was a sign outside the restaurant that said there was a prefixed menu availabe ( a three course meal for $28). We asked about it and they specifically said that this only pertains to certain days of the week and that it was a ploy for people to come in. We did not like that at all. We are willing to pay a little more money for good food, however, we both had a over the $30 plate and unfortunatley, it was not worth it. I had the Perusian fillet and it only had three tiny pieces of fried fish fillet. He had the steak, which tasted like rubber. We were very disappointed in the restuarant. We liked the area and the atmoshere and we were hoping to come back again, but we will not.Special Features:
- Enter your phone number hereJoanieDined on 7/23/2014I love going to a comfortable restaurant that serves nicely-prepared ethnic food. This is one of those places. The staff is very nice and capable. My only concern is that the noise level is higher than I'd like. I wish they'd do something about this - install some sound-deadening material on the walls, maybe. Then it would be perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE IT HERE!k8marielDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I have dined her twice now and we will continue to come back..The food is amazing, made fresh and with fresh ingredients, and the service is always friendly. My husband is obsessed with the tropical ceviche and I LOVE the grilled provolone! I have ordered steak twice, and both times it was fantastic! This is a must try restaurant!Special Features:
- YUM!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014My boyfriend and I tried this place out last Friday and it was amazing. We got the soup of the day (potato/cheese), empanadas - which were as good as the ones I've had in Buenos Aires, their Lomo entree, and a salad. Everything, including the bread with mushroom/olive oil dip, was incredible. Plus, it's a BYO. Service was attentive and friendly as well. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Has so much potentialmariaeVIPDined on 7/17/2014Peruvian food is delicious, they almost, but not quite, make it like it should be here. The place is very inviting and hostess was very helpful. The service is inexperienced at best. This place needs great service to make it stand out from all the other Collingswood eateries. They are ill-equipped to handle larger parties as food takes a long time presenting itself to the table. I have high hopes for this little slice of Peruvian fare, I will be back to try it out at a later date.
- Over ratedTashaDined on 7/17/2014The food was not as flavorful as I would have expected. They their beef is from Argentina, I have had Argentinian beef before and it tasted nothing like that. Service was extremely slow. Not worth going to if you are expecting a unique or different experienceSpecial Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014Food was delicious from the outstanding appetizers to the homemade Tres leche. The service was very very professional and friendly. II highly Recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VibrantAimeeDined on 7/12/2014Vibrant flavors, many interesting menu options for both apps and entree. Good balance of protein choices, fish/chicken/beef. Enjoyed El Sitio appetizer sampler, fried items crispy and not at all greasy. The restaurant tends to be noisy since there are no soft surfaces to help absorb sound. The atmosphere is festive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceSLFP14Dined on 7/5/2014The food was great. Our waiter was knowledgeable and very nice. I don't have anything bad to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great peruvian dishestriciamVIPDined on 7/3/2014nice little byob in Collingswood. we sat outside on a breezy summer day. nice patio. great food, appetizers and fish! great area restaurant. staff was very accommodating, priced well. byobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great latino foodFreddeBonairDined on 6/28/2014After seeing the movie "Chef" we were very hungry. As there are no Cuban restaurants in South Jersey, El Sitio seemed like the next best thing. The food was delicious and satisfied our craving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyNicholeDined on 6/27/2014Expect to spend a pretty penny (or 100) when dining at this restaurant. The food is good, but other Collingswood restaurants have better food, service, etc. and are cheaper.Special Features:
- Grat food & service but loud musicshryx86Dined on 6/27/2014When the two of us walked into El Sitio I wasn't sure where to wait to be seated for the reservation, but we were only standing by the entrance no more than 30 seconds before we were greeted warmly and given the option to sit inside or out. The weather was perfect for sitting outside, and we really enjoyed it. My only complaint was that the music was a bit loud, but we were seated across from the speaker. It made some conversation difficult, but not impossible. Our waitress was very attentive and courteous. The empanadas were perfect, and we both enjoyed our main courses. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- ehIdrathernotDined on 5/31/2014Reserved outside seating and were forced to eat in, b/c the hostess gave the only available outside seating to the couple ahead of us that did not reserve outside seating. I know this, because she asked them right in front of us and then offered them outside seating. The food is good, but prepare to wait a minimum of 45 minutes for your food.
- love it here!jessicaVIPDined on 5/16/2014I have been to El Sitio several times in the last year - my meals have always been outstanding. I'd recommend and will be back!Special Features:
- THEBARONVIPDined on 5/16/2014The food was good, the service was ok but the noise was unaccepatable.Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceMackieDined on 5/15/2014This was our first visit and the South American cuisine was a nice change from the numerous Italian restaurants in our town. The menu had several interesting selections, with the beef selections seeming to be their specialty. Our only negative was our poorly trained server, who removed our bread plates without asking while we were still eating, and later tried to remove my husband's dinner before he was finished. And the loud "Hi, my name is so and so" upon sitting down is not what you expect at a more upscale restaurant. While the restaurant was practically empty we had to stand up and look for someone to take our payment. Maybe this was a one time thing. I would go back again for the food.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DinnerSJDiner1VIPDined on 5/11/2014Went there for first time on Mother's Day and greatly enjoyed our dinners. Fixe price menu had a lot of choices and was a real bargain at $32.00 each. BYOB is a big plus also. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's day dinnersnowdogDined on 5/11/2014We had dinner here for the first time on Mother's day and I was dissappointed. It was initially very loud on the patio, although our waiter was nice enough to have the music volume turned down. I guess I must not be a real south American food fan..I wasn't really crazy about anything I had.
- Delicious EateryYvonneDined on 5/11/2014Really nice in the heart of restaurant row, we had a table of nine and ordered nine completely different plates of food. Each meal was so beautiful be plated, there was not a single complaint from anyone. We finished off our meal with tres leches cake, this cake was so moist and delicious that it took all of my effort not to want to order a second one. The servers constantly checked to ensure that we were having a good time, the food was perfectly prepared and that if there was anything we needed. Top-notch restaurant and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss ItJoanieDined on 5/10/2014We dine here often because we love the food. It's always very well-prepared and the menu is full of dishes we ordinarily don't get to eat. The service is very attentive, too. If you haven't dined here, you're missing a fine experience.Special Features:
- SaucyprlywtzDined on 5/9/2014The menu options are good but everything seems to be in a lot of sauce. I am gluten sensitive. There were a decent amount of GF appetizers, but not entrees. Had to ask for chef to prepare my food more plainly (not as saucy). I was well accommodated and my dinner was delicious. My husband had the tuna, but said it was dry (he ordered it medium). He ate lots of mine. We had the mussels appetizer and there were many empty shells in the bowl (not from us eating them). Our friends enjoyed their meals. Our waitress was attentive and very sweet! It is BYOB which we also like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not miss El Sitio!AndreaMDined on 5/7/2014I had a delicious dinner at El Sition with some friends last week. There wasn't many other people in the restaurant at all. I find this odd because the food and service were both so fantastic. We ordered the scallops to split between for of us - there were awesome! I ordered the tuna and it was finished perfectly. The waitress was accommodating and so friendly. I hope this restaurant sticks around - I would hate to see another top notch restaurant leave Collingswood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 45 reviews are from the El Sitio Steak and Seafood reviews archive.
- Ok. But not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Appetizer was great, but entree was so so. Had flounder stuffed with crabmeat. There was no crabmeat and the fish was over cooked.
- Mostly excellentMedfordDined on 4/27/2014El Sitio sampler - staff willingly substituted one item and all were excellent. I would have liked a bit more of the sauce, which added a unique, slightly tangy flavor. The Lomo Saltado was wonderful with a bit of spice - just a little heavy on the salt for me, but I don't eat much salt to begin with. My husband really enjoyed his chicken arepas. Our friend - another foodie - said chicken stew was exceptional. The tres leches cake - fabulous. The restaurant is nicely decorated. My sole complaint was noise - I could clearly hear conversation from the other side of the room. I recommend textile wall and ceiling hangings to absorb some of the sound. The staff was very gracious. We weren't rushed through our meal or continuously interrupted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperienceEgselaDined on 4/25/2014Food was great as was service; noise level is very loud. We ate there on a Friday night and every table was filled, including a fairly large group [12 people] sitting behind us. If you don't mind speaking loudly you will enjoy your experience.Special Features:
- Awesome food!eatalot118Dined on 4/20/2014Spent our Easter lunch here. The place was surprising and food was great. We ordered a bunch of different dishes and we all gobbled it up. Service was fast and attentive staff. One of the best ceviche and the mussels. It's a BYOB by the way.Special Features:
- First time at El SitioChristineDined on 4/19/2014We went to El Sitio for a celebration and had a nice meal. The tropical ceviche appetizer and the parmesan oysters were awesome. The standout entree was my husband's skirt steak, which we feared would be tough but was so tender, smothered in mushroom, onions and gorgonzola. Our only source of discontent was with the service. To be clear, we never waited excessively long for courses, Rather, our server seemed so unsure and inexperienced. She did not know how to answer several of our questions, nor did she know how to pronounce some of the dishes. I do not believe this is entirely her fault, she seemed so young. It's the responsibility of the restaurant leadership staff to take the time to professionally train and educate young staff.Special Features:
- Different and very good!KuklaDined on 4/18/2014El Sitio is a rarity in south Jersey - good South American food. Neither too spicy or too different, its offerings are interesting and flavorful. Make a reservation as it is on the small side and enjoy!Special Features:
- Chef's Specials WonderfulJoanieDined on 4/15/2014We dined on a rainy Tuesday night. It was worth going out in the rain for the excellent entrees we had. They were both specials and worth the money.This is the place to go for well-prepared, ethnic food. A nice change from the usual restaurant menus!Special Features:
- Excellent Night OutfoodiemomDined on 4/12/2014My husband and I had been looking for a BYOB that had an outdoor dining option and we chose El Sitio. When we got there we were told there would be a half hour wait to sit outside and we opted not to wait. We were seated inside right in front of the window so there was still a nice view to the outside. Our waiter was attentive and perfectly paced for our leisurely dinner. We ordered the parmesan scallops appetizer, they were delicious. Our main courses were the coconut shrimp for me and the Argentinian filet with crabmeat and spinach for my husband. Both meals were excellent, but the beef was truly out of this world. The dessert was phenomenal. It was a pound cake soaked in sweetened condensed milk with a caramel sauce on top.Special Features:
- A South American SamplerFrankKDined on 4/5/2014The restaurant occupies a corner spot on Haddon Avenue, in the midst of Collingswood's restaurant district. We shared two appetizers, the Peruvian ceviche, which was very tasty and combined with sweet potato slices and large corn kernels, and the octopus with olive sauce, which turned out to be a very nice combination. For main courses, we had Ecuadorian lamb stew with "Amazon fruit" and plantains and grilled tuna with South American vegetables. The dishes were carefully prepared, beautifully presented and quite delicious. My wife wanted a taste of lulo fruit, which they use in one of their sauces. The proprietor brought out a sample of the sweetened sauce they use in cooking. The waitstaff was very attentive and knew the menu well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Filet MignonJohnWDined on 3/29/2014Excellent dinner with a host of South American dishes to offer along with American favorites. The Filet Mignon was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeDaveDined on 3/29/2014Enjoyed our dinner, would recommend this restaurant, stands out from others in the area. Nice ambience, interesting menu. Seemed like it was the first night working for our waitress, she wasn't too helpful with food recommendations. Food was very good--had Argentinian steak (tasty), and my wife had stir-fry type dish with steak. Both were okay choices, but it was a bit difficult to decide what to get with the wide range of options on the menu, but would look forward to going again! BYOB aspect was great for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.