El Senor Sol
5117 South Yosemite
Greenwood Village, CO 80111Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
El Senor Sol
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elsenorsol.com/
- Phone: 3037711058
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 10:30 am to 9:00 pm
Friday and Saturday 10:30 am to 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from El Senor Sol
Our restaurants have proudly served the Denver metro area with the best Mexican dishes for over 15 years. All of our dishes are prepared with the freshest and finest ingredients. Our chips and salsas are prepared daily in order to bring the real taste of Mexico. El Señor Sol has become a perfect place to come and enjoy lunch with coworkers, or unwind after work with one of our famous delicious margaritas, or have a great dinner with family or friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Senor Sol reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)late-night find (2)fit for foodies (2)romantic (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Best wings I've had in a whileEmorypete88VIPDined on 8/24/2014I chose the spicy wings... The sauce was minced jalapeño peppers (seeds included), and something resembling franks red sauce. Simple, but extremely memorable. Great happy hour!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican food!FitforFoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014The reviews I had read about the restaurant commented primarily about their margaritas. It's true, the margaritas are very good! But so is the food! I had a chicken burrito (my usual order at Mexican restaurants), but this one was different. The spices were just right and it was FULL of chicken, nothing like the skimpy ones I've always had before!! We will eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ten Minutes Before Closing Time2eatandsmileVIPDined on 8/19/2014This was our second visit to El Señor Sol. The service has been above and beyond from the moment we entered the restaurant, to the time we walked out the front doors. Both visits were right before they close on a weeknight, and never, did we get the feeling that we were not welcomed, or needed to hurry. We are late eaters and find that the feeling we get from a lot of establishments is, " Oh No, Why did they come here?" I wish I would have caught the names of the team. The food is pretty good too. The salsa has perfect spice level (not for the weak), pitcher of margaritas are top notch, and pleasantly surprised with chicken tortilla soup. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed. Thanks a million to the closing night crew!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good MargsFrankVIPDined on 7/8/2014Grande 32oz house margaritas for $10.99 during happy hour and decent food too!Special Features:
- Good food, good serviceJustMeDined on 6/24/2014Food is consistently good. Service has improved a little too! Thank you! Great place to go!
- TastyinmyopinionDined on 6/3/2014This is my new favorite Mexican restaurant. Food was delicious!Special Features:
- Good margarita'sFeedMeNowDined on 6/3/2014They make a better margarita than my previous Mexican restaurant. The beans were good but not a fan of the veggies in the rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 22 reviews are from the El Senor Sol reviews archive.
- Once again, did not disappointFeedMeNowDined on 5/20/2014Wife and I went for a second try as we loved the first one. while i had the same thing as before, my wife decided to try something different and it was just as good as the first visit choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinco de MayoFrankVIPDined on 5/5/2014What a great place to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! 32 oz margaritas and green chili smoothered steak burritos. Patio is open now and the weather was great for sitting outside...Special Features:
- Not as good this timeDenverGalVIPDined on 5/2/2014We went back, because we enjoyed it so much the first time. They were much busier this time. Our waiter was very young, possibly new and had to defer with another waiter almost every time we spoke with him. We tried different things this time (we both got "make your own" combo plates) and they were not as good. Overcooked and bland. Will probably try it again sometime, but probably not on a Friday night.
- This was way better than expected!FeedMeNowDined on 4/27/2014The house margaritas were awesome and the carnitas burrito was pure pleasure. wife enjoyed enchiladas and the table side guacamole. this is now our new favorite mexican restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chips & Salsa excellent. serviceKrissyDined on 4/12/2014Chips & Salsa excellent. service so so. would try again if in the area
- We enjoyed itDenverGalVIPDined on 4/7/2014The food was very good, as were the drinks. The place was nearly empty when we went there, which is unfortunate. I don't think a lot of people know about this place. It's located at the end of a strip mall. We really enjoyed the food though. Will go back.Special Features:
- First bad experienceLarrySVIPDined on 3/7/2014Have eaten there numerous times and enjoyed it. This time, I had a blended margarita that was all crushed ice. The green chili I ordered was little more than soup. I'll try it again because of previous good meals, but this one was disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & MargaritasFrankVIPDined on 2/25/2014Wow the Shrimp Tacos & Chicken Tortilla Soup were outstanding! Watch out for the El Señor Sol sauce it has a kick. The Grande (32 oz.) House Margarita was potent and delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mexican foodDebiDined on 2/14/2014It's good, simple Mexican food. Good, selective menu. Bright colorful decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Mex. atmosphereChescoDined on 2/14/2014Colorful bright interior. Good, service, very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- El Senor Solcarol9950Dined on 12/31/2013We were disappointed! We went there for dinner on New Year's Eve--we had a 7:30 reservation. They took our drink order, then immediately a different waitress came to take our dinner order. I ordered shrimp tacos--so spicy I could not eat them. My husband ordered steak fajitas--the tortillas were burned and the steak was so overcooked it was very tough. Then, at about 7:50 they started piling chairs up around us, and they informed a couple just coming in for dinner that they were closing at 8:00. Why would they have 7:30 reservations available if they were closing at 8:00? We were the only diners in the place and they were very anxious for us to leave, so we did, dinners basically uneaten! Our bill was $47! Bad choice for New Year's Eve!!!!!
- Large margaritasTurketteDined on 12/31/2013I have dined at another El Señor Sol location previously and was happy with the experience. The Greenwood Village location could use some improvement though. My food was ok. I had the cheese enchilada plate, it was a bit too spicy for me. My husband had the flaming carne asada and said that it was very fatty and tough. I had the 32 ounce margarita that wasn't very potent at all. The worst problem though was the service. There were several times when someone at our table asked for something and it was either slow to come or never showed up. All 9 people were done eating and ready to leave but none of the plates were cleared and we had to finally ask for the checks. The restaurant was not very busy at all.
- We had an enjoyable eveningTammyDined on 12/16/2013We had an enjoyable evening at El Senior Sol. We've been to other locations, but this was our first visit to this location.Special Features:
- We think the ambiance is theLynnDined on 11/25/2013We think the ambiance is the best we have seen in Mexican restaurants in the southeast area. The margaritas were the best (personal opinion) I have had in a long time. The Mexican music was great, and the best part was we could hear it the whole time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceMtnBikingLesaDined on 11/3/2013We came down from the Foothills to check out this newest El Senor Sol Location. We were pleasantly surprised on good service and good food and there was no hesitation for a second bigger serving of salsa unlike other El Senor Sol's we have visited that are closer to home. The waitress was eager to please yet it was a rather quiet Sunday evening. The steak fajita's for two was a good portion - the meat was a little well done for my taste but my husband was happy and I would agree that the flavor was delicious! We will come back to this location!I would recommend this to a friend.
- just what we neededtordyVIPDined on 10/29/2013we couldn't ask for a better local quiet place on a Tuesday evening thank you so muchSpecial Features:
- Its hard to find a good MexicanBabetteDined on 10/28/2013Its hard to find a good Mexican restaurant in the area and this fit the bill. We would go back.Special Features:
- Standard Mexican FareOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/27/2013The food was what one would expect from a Mexican restaurant.
- First time visitorRedreviewerDined on 10/11/2013This was the first time to this El Senior Sol restaurant. The closest is closed due to a car accident so we decided to try the Yosemite restaurant location and were pleasanly surpirsed at the atmosphere and size of the restaurant. The food was great and the margaritas were tasty. We will likely go out of our way to dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and friendly people.MageeVIPDined on 9/19/2013Good food and friendly people. Very colorful deco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was somewhat blandOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2013The food was somewhat bland and while the drinks are large they are somewhat weak. . I probably wouldn't go back again.Special Features:
- Great place for guacamoleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/1/2013Great place for guacamole and margaritas, the entrees need some work.Special Features: