2062 First Street
Livermore, CA 94550Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elsacsteakhouse.com/home
- Phone: 9253711173x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 12:30 pm - 9:00 pm,
Friday & Saturday: 12:30 pm - 10:00 pm,
Sunday 12:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30 - 6:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Mexican, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rodrigo Ochoa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We server private events. Parties can be from 25 and up. We can make a menu that can fit your budget.
- Special Events: We can also open for private events.
A word from El Sacromonte
Our cuisine is an original blend of many cultural influences, with traditional dishes as well as duck, salmon, fish and other unique items, such as steak and tapas. We are passionate about bringing downtown Livermore an energetic and festive dining and bar experience with fresh, delicious cuisine. All of our dishes are made with the highest-quality ingredients.Continued
We are the most unique Mexican - Latin American Fusion in Livermore area.
We are the most unique Mexican - Latin American Fusion in Livermore area.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Sacromonte reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (2)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- loved the lambOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Ordered the half rack of lamb and it was cooked exactly as I requested (medium) and was seasoned perfectly. At $15, it's a great value. It came with mashed potatoes and some carrots. My only wish is that with more vegetables. I also loved the cheese dip appetizer we ordered. The ceviche was just okay in my opinion. As for the ambience, I love the decor and the restaurant is quiet, yet also kid friendly. Don't let the lack of crowds discourage you. If you're looking for taqueria style Mexican food, don't come here. I would describe their food as a fusion of Mexican and American with a California flair. If you're looking to have a nice, relaxing dinner without breaking the bank, then this place is for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Latin American cuisineinconnueVIPDined on 6/14/2014The menu is diverse and offers unique presentation of Latin American eats. We had a generous serving of Mango Cerviche, Duck Flauta, and Pork Tacos. All were fantastic and exotic, and reasonably priced for food that is not mainstream. We had a 7pm seating on a Saturday night, and had great service. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Excellent place for a celebreation!TDC1Dined on 6/12/2014This place was amazing. it is centrally located in downtown Livermore and the food was amazing. The specialty drinks are amazing and the desserts are fantastic. I recommend the lamb and ask them to pair it with one of Livermore valley's fine wine. the staff is fun and really are focused on the ultimate dining experience. They will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I LOVE this place!DavesRavesDined on 6/11/2014If you have not tried this wonderful restaurant, I recommend giving it a try! Don't miss the Ceviche - it is terrific! Every time I've been here I've really enjoyed my meal. The portion sizes are generous and the flavors are perfect! The mole is divine! The atmosphere is relaxed and I quite enjoy the aesthetics of the space. I'm looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Family DinnerBrooklynBabeVIPDined on 5/17/2014My family and I had dinner at El Sacromonte on Saturday evening. This was our first visit to this establishment. We were warmly greeted at the door and escorted to our table. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu (which was greatly appreciated considering this was our first time dining at this restaurant). The menu choices were varied and our entrees were excellent. We were very happy with our dinner selections. The restaurant also offered a host of drink options. We will definitely return to El Sacromonte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turned off by bread...NotimpressedDined on 5/16/2014The bread was stale and old, they should invest in better bread before serving a teaspoon of mashed potatoes and steak. We were not impressed and most likely will not return. Get quality products and serve quality food before you call it "fine dining"Special Features:
- HSCAVIPDined on 5/11/2014I really want to love this restaurant, but it's hit or miss whenever we go in. We went as a party of 6 on Mother's Day. We were seated quickly, but there seemed to be an issue with who was serving our table. That got sorted out, but overall the service was slow. All of our meals were good; my duck was delicious. I love look of the restaurant, and I think they have an interesting menu. I just wish they could be consistent with their service. We'll be back to try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day brunch 2014fooditemDined on 5/11/2014We sat outside in the shade for a 2014 Mother's Day 1pm brunch - It was $32/person and consisted of a buffet offering with bottomless mimosas. The buffet food was good, but not great. There was a salmon dish, sausage/becon, waffles, fresh fruit, prime rib (pretty fatty) and custom omelet bar, plus desserts. It was nice, but not to die for. Livermore now has enough restaurants that El Sacromente may find itself priced a little high relative to high quality competitors.
- Excellent ServiceYandRDined on 4/20/2014We were there for Easter Brunch. We loved the traditional american and Latin foods, made the brunch even better. The Prim Rib was great. The service was wonderful. Jose and the wait staff were very attentive to our needs and ensured our endless mimosas were always topped off. We plan on going back for dinner real soon.Special Features:
- Changing menu soonfizbingirlVIPDined on 4/3/2014The food and service were very good. But because the owner is changing up the menu soon a few dishes and wine bottles we wanted to order were not available. What we ordered was delicious. I rated the noise level rating as moderate only because the music was loud. The patrons were quiet. Even though we live in Alameda, we will be back to see what the new menu is all about. I hope they offer another Amazon Social deal!
- OK, menu liited, and someMikeVIPDined on 4/2/2014OK, menu liited, and some things were not available.
- A great steak houseJohnDDined on 4/2/2014The steaks were cooked properly. The sauces that accompanied the steaks were outstanding. A great evening overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks & Different SteaksTomasDined on 3/28/2014Not only did they serve your standard faire of steaks, they had a large variety of steaks done in Latin styles. I don't know if the different variety of steaks are from Mexico, a region of Mexico or other Latin American countries but I'm looking forward to going back and finding out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okaydatenighterDined on 3/22/2014We reserved this from open table. NEver been there before. The photo was accurate. It is a nice looking place. Heavy wood and interesting decor. The food was just okay. We both had a filet. Mine was okay. I did't like the sauce that came with it. It tasted like a version os catsup. My husbands didn't have nay sauce. He said it was a good cut of meat but needed some sauce. The asparagus was really fat and bitter. Service was good and the drink were too. There were a few other families in the restaurant so it seems like a good place to go with kids.Special Features:
- excellent!PunnkinLoverDined on 3/21/2014What a great find. Food, service and drinks were top.notch. while the prices are.a.bit.high, the portions Nd quality of food was amazing!Special Features:
- Eh...honestyisthebestpolicyDined on 3/15/2014The restaurant is beautiful and the service was great, but the food was just ok. We started with the ceviche as an appetizer. It was tasty, but very dry. My husband's rack of lamb had a wonderful sauce, but was overly chewy. The rack was presented in full so you have to cut each piece, however this was not an easy task. Most lamb you can slice your knife easily through the bones, but this one felt like you were fighting it. It was not a pretty sight gripping the bones for leverage to force your knife through, then have other items from your plate splatter as a result. I ordered the chicken mole and was disappointed. The chicken was dry and the overall meal was cold. Definitely work on the food. Other aspects were great.
- lovely restaurantenjoyfoodDined on 3/15/2014i love the art and decor of this restaurant. the food is also very good! I've been here about 7 times. one time the mashed potatoes weren't anything special. The presentation is lovely, the service is very good. when you aren't satisfied with something they graciously fix it, including drinks. the bartender himself checked with us to make sure we were happy and offered to remake or add to our satisfaction. the chef also came out to see if everything was satisfactory. Try the raspberry lemon drop, very yummy, made w raspberry purree. the tres salsas steak very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like quality food....SandyVIPDined on 3/14/2014We have been to El Sacromonte for lunch and dinner and have enjoyed every meal. My mom said her burger was better then the Ale House. If you love prime rib, then this is the place to go. Absolutely delicious and beautiful presentation. Not only was the prime rib delicious, but the mashed potatoes, carrots, corn on the cob, and horseradish are a perfect combination. We have even been lucky enough to meet the chef and let him know how much we enjoyed the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish gemSouthernvisitorVIPDined on 3/14/2014Terrific service, unusual & quality food, nice outdoor ambiance, food could be a little hotterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service spoiled dinnerFiverDined on 3/8/2014El Sacramonte has decent food and a unique menu, but poor service spoiled our experience. First it took 20 minutes to seat our party of 8 (I had a reservation through Open Table). The hostess offered to get us water, but only brought glasses and did not fill the glasses until about a minute before our table was ready. The waiter was very nice and gave us a delicious seviche appetizer. He took our order quickly, but the food took a very long time to arrive. He and the hostess hovered in a way that was annoying. The tables were so crowded that the restaurant was really noisy. Half the time we could not hear what the waiter was saying. My dish (steak medallions) was good, but the chicken mole was very overcooked. Will not return or recommend.
- This place is a gem!TDC1Dined on 2/26/2014We had a large group of eight at this fabulous restaurant. The service was amazing, the food was delicious and their suggestions on wine pairings were fantastic. This is a place I will come again and again. The variety of steaks on their menu was impressive and the décor was stylish. I look forward to trying new items on their menu when I return. This is a must visit restaurant.Special Features:
- Very Good foodMARGEDined on 2/15/2014Interesting menu. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. Housed in a beautiful old building in center of downtown, lots of atmosphere inside, but high ceilings magnified the noise level to the point that I was continually having to have things repeated across our table for 2. Notified them it was a birthday on reservation, but nothing special was done for her except they said "Happy Birthday" after I reminded them. Good variety on drinks. 2 drinks, 2 dinners 2 desserts. $105.00. plus tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great find!mmprVIPDined on 2/9/2014My wife and i have been planning more outings to the Livermore vineyards followed by early dinners at one of the many restaurants that are part of the downtown Livermore restaurant renaissance. We had heard some good things about El Sacramonte and gave it a try this past weekend. Boy, were we impressed! Everything we had was delicious and the place is beautiful. We'll definitely make this a regular stop whenever we are in this areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could Have Been BetterOutandaboutDined on 2/8/2014My husband had been here a couple times and raved about the delicious food, so we decided to take my niece for her birthday. It's beautifully decorated with a nice bar and it's not a big restaurant. We got right in at 6:30 on a Sat. evening. The noise level was loud when we first arrived and increased to extremely loud by the middle of our meal, we had to yell to be heard. Our server was friendly, but forgot to bring my husband's wine, he had to remind her. At the end of the meal, we had asked about a complimentary dessert for my niece's birthday and she said absolutely but forgot to bring that too. :-( My husband complained his meal was cold by the time it got to the table but it was good. Glad we went, but could have been better.Special Features:
- I ordered the beef tenderloinOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2014I ordered the beef tenderloin medium rare, but it came medium, other than that all was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/27/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at El Sacromonte. My wife and I both ordered a drink, appetizer, main and dessert. Every dish was above expectations. For specifics, we got: Calamari - Wife liked it, and it came with some excellent sauces Chorizo - I loved it, just enough spice Filet w/ 3 sauces - Tender, juicy, and great sauces Filet w/ Hibiscus - Maybe a little too much sauce, but still very good Cream Brulee - A little different than a standard one but excellent Sweet Crepe - Way better than I had hoped. I would go back just to order this Total for our mean was 135 including Tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly cooked rib-eyeMarciDined on 1/27/2014The "tres salsas" were good, but the steak, all by itself, was great! I'm not sure why, but I've not had the best luck with medium-rare steaks being cooked, well, medium-rare! This was cooked to perfection; tender and flavorful. The "tres salsas" added an extra dimension, but the last few bites were just with the steak alone, and I was happy! Nice/spicy jalapeno margarita helped to wash away a busy work day and set the stage for a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mis-informationDisney1Dined on 1/26/2014Had eaten lunch here a couple months ago and it was great. Made reservations through Open Table for a recent Sunday lunch. The website for El Sacromonte says they serve lunch. We got to the restaurant only to find they were closed and appeared to only be open for dinner. Info needs some updating. Disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Again!GMarkDined on 1/12/2014We have made this restaurant one of our regular places because it is always so good. Everything was spot on again. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lukewarm dining experience...TheDonaldVIPDined on 1/11/2014The first time we went to El Sacromonte the food and service was very good and why we decided to go back. Unfortunately we had a very different experience this time. The service was very slow and inattentive. The food was lukewarm at best, lacked flavor and we even had to request our check at the end. When we finally received our check we were charged for a drink that we did not have and had to ask them to run it again. I travel a lot for my business and eat out several nights a week and truly understand the difference between a good dining experience and a bad one; this was a bad one. In fact, this dining experience was so bad; it compelled me to write this which is only my second review of a restaurant on this site in the past 5 years.
- Retirement Dinner PartyullrDined on 1/4/2014We enjoyed spending several hours,(service was at our pace) dining.Service was outstanding. Jerrod was our waiter and he took good care of us and helped make the evening special. Dana helped with table selection,special treat was meeting Chef Rodrigo & discussing the duck dish (which was sublime). Started with cocktails,they were generous pours & yummy.we all LOVED the food. Best duck I've had in years. Steaks were fabulous as was a shrimp dish. Each dish had it's own sauce, all were excellent! And the spiked gelato, several flavors matched with the perfect spirit (e.g. vanilla bean with rum). Decor is very interesting, keeps you looking & enjoying the space. Employees are extremely friendly, & do everything they can to make diners happy.Special Features:
- Authentic with a twist!Sharon3551Dined on 12/31/2013This is a Mexican Restaurant with a twist! Not your typical beans and rice. The specialty of the house is the lamb shank. I prefer a good steak, which is cooked with pasilla chile sauce, green tomatoes and fresh cilantro. And it's always cooked to perfection! Also the halibut with the huitlacoche sauce, acompanied with mashed potatoes. They make the best margarita's. If you haven't been here it's a must try!Special Features:
- Wonderful Experienceluv2dineDined on 12/31/2013We decided to try this restaurant for our wedding anniversary. Our reservation was 6:45 but we arrived a little early and were seated right away. Our waitress was wonderful helping with recommendations for wine and main course. My husband chose the lamb shank and said it was tender and flavorful. I had the halibut it was delicious and a surprisingly generous size. We saw a couple steak dishes pass by and they looked so good we've decided that will be our next choice when we dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New YearstrailcruzrDined on 12/31/2013Food was good, service was average but the owner a nightmare. One sip of wine, less than an ounce left in the glass and we were asked to give up our table for the next reservation. They tried to take food before we were done. We immediately got up to leave but when asking to see the manager we were told the owner had sent the hostess over to our table and that he was hiding in the kitchen and would not be coming out. We saw him RUN to the kitchen. We were there 1hr 5 min and had two courses. Realizing it would be busy later in the evening we booked at 6pm and asked not to be rushed, as we wanted to enjoy our last meal of 2013. The owner, Sergio Barba was so unprofessional that the experience really made us feel sad and uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Very Pleasurable ExperienceTrulyDeliciousVIPDined on 12/27/2013For our anniversary dinner, we tried El Sacromonte for the first time. It was a great choice! After reading the reviews, I was attracted to the restaurant because I didn't feel that they would rush us through our meal and push us out the door. We had the most lovely 2-hour, romantic dining experience ever! We shared appetizers, salad, an entrée, a bottle of wine, and a dessert. The food was beautiful and delicious. The service was very professional. We left a very generous tip, since they graciously let us linger and share meals. We can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Friend's 60th BirthdayCarolynDined on 12/21/2013There was 4 in our party. Our reservation was Saturday night at 7 PM on 12/21. We had two appetizers to share the Chorizo and the Vasca Cheese both were very flavorful and were more than enough for 4 people to share. The entrees ordered were the 3 Salsa steak ( fun to try different sauces on the steak from mild to spicy), San Pablo Steak, Lamb Shank and Elizabethan Shrimp Crown (excellent with the lobster sauce and spinach). We shared two desserts the coconut flan (I am a flan connoisseur and this was a nice change) and the corn ice cream. We also shared a local bottle of wine with dinner. The live band was starting up at 10 PM so we stayed a little longer to listen. This is a higher end restaurant so I would go for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good evening!JulieDined on 12/10/2013This restaurant was recommended to us, and we went with high hopes. Boy, was our hopes dashed to the ground. When we arrived, the restaurant was FREEZING. I asked the waiter, and he said "oh do you think it's cold?" We had to put our coats back on. We also noticed the manager had put his coat on as well. We were 15 minutes late for our reservation, our fault due to traffic. On that note, we told our waiter that we had a 7:30 show, and could we please order soon. After the order was taken at 6:05 it took 40 minutes to get our soup served, and that was after we asked a young lady where it was. We were totally ignored by our waiter throughout the evening. Husbands dinner was frozen!!!Special Features:
- SteaksDoveDined on 12/7/2013Went for a romantic birthday dinner. Steaks were cooked perfectly, great salad, and wine selection. Perfect ambiance and excellent service. My date didn't like the grilled cactus but kudos to him for trying something new :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adorable placeLF88Dined on 12/6/2013On the outside the place seemed quite small, but as soon as we came inside it was a good size. Husband and myself really enjoyed the calamari appetizer. I got the lamb shank and it was pretty good. A good menu to choose from for everyone. The only thing that bugged me was that although there seemed to be enough waiters to serve, everyone was a bit confused of what they were doing and when they needed to serve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!JeanDined on 11/25/2013I dined with a long time friend for a birthday celebration. There were many wonderful menu choices but I chose the lamb shank. It was fantastic. The service and ambiance were great.Special Features: