El Rodeo Mexican Bar & Grill
28 Allegheny Ave
Townson, MD 21204Neighborhood:
Contemporary MexicanPrice: $30 and under
El Rodeo Mexican Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elrodeomd.com/
- Phone: 4108302390
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Mariachi Bands at the Harford County location on Wed from 7-9 and Thursdays at the Towson location from 7-9, both locations offer a variety of entertainment.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from El Rodeo Mexican Bar & Grill
Neel Kamal, chef-owner of El Rodeo Cantina both in Edgewood andTowson locations!!!! El Rodeo Cantina has taken over the space in the Penthouse building at 28 Allegheny Ave. El Rodeo Cantina has established itself with great food, excellent prices and variety of Margaritas and affordable drink prices. The menu offers contemporary Tex-Mex style dishes that will tantilize and delight any palette. Moreover, all menu items can be prepared to your taste.Continued
Check them out a www.elrodeomd.com
Check them out a www.elrodeomd.com
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Rodeo Mexican Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent service and attentivenessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2012Excellent service and attentiveness. Food was fresh, tasty and moderately priced. There is ongoing construction as of this posting but it does not affect the dining room experience. If I were sitting at the bar, it could have been distracting.Special Features:
- The food is always consistentTimothyDined on 10/24/2012The food is always consistent and Arturo the waiter is sooooo friendly.Special Features:
- Every time I dine at el rodeoTimothyDined on 8/21/2012Every time I dine at el rodeo there is a really nice waiter named Arturo that is so welcoming and friendly - even if he is not your waiter. The staff is always nice and the food is always very good. Birthdays are always fun with sombrero and dessert and the song! I love this place. Muy rica comida!Special Features:
- Good friendly service. GenuineChichofiloVIPDined on 8/11/2012Good friendly service. Genuine owner/manager very receptive to patron feedback. We appreciated speaking with him and I came away with a strong sense that he is interested in providing a service of good value. The fresh chips and salsa are the best in town, no doubt. Great to have a good Tex-mex reataurant in town. Very reasonable prices and humongous portions. I'll be a regular!Special Features:
- A good findJenniferDined on 8/11/2012We had dinner about 5 pm on a Saturday. There was only one other group there, but we're assuming the business picked up later in the evening. We didn't mind the quiet at all. We really liked the spicy salsa, and the southwest eggrolls were very good. We both had chicken burritos,which weren't spicy, which we prefer. But the taste was good for the style of burrito. Parking was close by and inexpensive. And for Towson, El Rodeo was easy to find and it was easy navigate around the area. We will definitely return, and would recommend El Rodeo to others.Special Features:
- GNO- Girl's Night Out!BaltimoreKatVIPDined on 8/10/2012The place is nicely decorated. Food was good and the margaritas were yummy! I went with a group of women and we had a good time!Special Features:
- Food is good. Waiter a littleTammypDined on 8/9/2012Food is good. Waiter a little overwhelmed, maybe short staffed.Special Features:
- AverageZellspellDined on 7/27/2012TexMex was okay. Server was very nice and margaritas were delicious! Chips and salsa were better than Don Pablos, which were always a popular item. Pleasant experience, but not a need to return soon.Special Features:
- My companions enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/21/2012My companions enjoyed the Garlic Shrimp and Mexican Steak. I was a bit disappointed in the Steak Fajitas. I've had better. The most surprising thing was that despite the rather large portion, it only came with 3 small tortillas. The enchiladas I had on my previous visit were much better.
- perfect for a casual and fun dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2012awesome happy hour drink specials ($2 margaritas.. can't go wrong!), also great tex-mex food. Very casual atmosphere with great service. Try the stuffed jalapeno appetizer- it was amazing!Special Features:
- Convenient location, and niceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/20/2012Convenient location, and nice interior. But the menu is Tex-Mex and not real Mexican. There are not many items for vegetarians, and I cannot say that the food is healthy. I missed fresh vegetables and 'greens.' On the other hand, compared with average Tex-Mex restaurants, the food was better.Special Features:
- We sat inside, and had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2012We sat inside, and had a great evening. Servies was chipper and pleasant. Servers are often not in the dinning area, and it would have been nice to have someone in the dining area to refill waters though. The band was loud, but very good. We'll certainly go back!Special Features:
- Busy Friday. Our server SarapuravidaDined on 7/13/2012Busy Friday. Our server Sara was great for a busy night as was the entire staff. Steak Fajitas hot and plentiful as was the taco dinner. I liked the frozen margaritas. We would have liked both the steak and the chicken to be more spicy. A little too plain. We will be back.Special Features:
- My sister from out of townOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2012My sister from out of town was celebrating her birthday (45). The band played-and sang, and even signed a sombrero that she got to keep. It was hysterical..she had a blast. The food was good and the price was right--only negative was that it was really hot in there--of course outside it was crazy hot too so it happens. I will suggest this place to young and old!Special Features:
- It's nice to finally havePredictableDined on 6/30/2012It's nice to finally have a decent Tex-Mex restaurant in Baltimore. The salsa was amazing. The filling in the burrito was a bit mushy, but still acceptable.
- Finally! Tex-Mex in Towson!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2012Went to El Rodeo for my friend's birthday, and we had a great time! We were there on a Thursday night, and they had a mariachi band and $5 margaritas, which were great! i am very picky about margaritas, but these were pretty good! the bar was a little backed up when we first arrived, so it took a while to get drinks. our server didn't know about the $5 margarita special (which was advertised on the table stand-ups, and on their website), but after i showed him the ad on the table, he honored it. I got the mango chipotle chicken quesadilla, which was FANTASTIC! we will definitely be going back, and soon!Special Features:
- Where was the waiter?wam525Dined on 6/28/2012very good food and drinks. But the service is non-existent. Waiter was way overworked and paid no attention to any tables. Had to beg for service. No one seemed to know who was responsible for what.
- Not worth a second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2012Reasonably pleasant place with mediocre Mexican food. There are chain restaurants that offer better Mexican.
- Muchas Gracias!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012Thank you!! For bringing a Mexican restaurant to Towson!! My husband & I have been waiting for this since we moved here 3 yrs. ago! Last Sat. night we went to El Rodeo Mexican Bar & Grill for the first time. It just happened to be my husband's Birthday. We were very pleasantly surprised! The food was great (so many choices!), Margarita's were delicious (check out the "Skinnyrita" for those of you figure conscious folks), festive atmosphere (the wait staff surprised us with a Happy Birthday serenade to my husband & threw in some festive fried ice cream while donning him with a Sombrero to boot!). We were also happy that they take reservations!! Once again thank you for coming to Towson!!Special Features:
- Disapointment in TowsonGlenbDined on 6/9/2012Since it is the ONLY Mexican restaurant in the entire area they probably are not worried, but their food was tasteless. Chips and salsa was the best thing of the evening. We also ordered Queso sauce which looked like Velvita and tasted like nothing. My wife's chimichanga was over cooked and she thought it was poor flavor. My Chili Verde was chunks of pork and virtually no sauce, but what little there was was cooked to death. The dressings (lettuce, tomato or salsa, sour cream) were a dot on the plate. The flavor was non-existent. Outdoor seating was o.k. but the views are poor. Just a city sidewalk. Waiter was energetic and attentive.
- I've been there four timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012I've been there four times in one week since I love it so much! It's great. Awesome food with friendly service and a fun atmosphere!Special Features:
- I'll make this short and sweet.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/3/2012I'll make this short and sweet. The food was good but the salsa was to die for! The atmosphere is fantastic. We loved the mariachi band. I went with my girlfriend and our children but we are already planning to go back for a girls night out!Special Features: