610 W Jefferson Blvd
Dallas, TX 75208Neighborhood:
Oak Cliff / Bishop Arts
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elranchito-dallas.com/
- Phone: 2149464238
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live Mariachis everyday from 7:30 to close.
- Special Events: Elvis will be in the building August 17th and 24th. Join us for our semi-annual Elvis impersonator contest.
A word from El Ranchito
In 1983, after the success of La Calle Doce, Oscar and Laura Sanchez wanted to open another restaurant but they didn’t want to duplicate their previous success nor did they want to open just another Tex-Mex restaurant. Oscar wanted something that wasn’t found in Dallas, something that reminded him of home. Since both Oscar and Laura are from Monterrey, Nuevo Leon in Northern Mexico, they decided to open a restaurant that specialized in Comida Norteño (northern food) and Tex-Mex featuring dishes such as cabrito, mollejas, and asado de puerco. Today El Ranchito is known for it’s authentic Mexican food, freshly made tortillas and festive atmosphere where mariachis play daily. These elements – the food, the music and the friendly staff – have helped El Ranchito achieve it’s ultimate goal of creating an atmosphere where the customer feels as if they are back home in Monterrey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Ranchito reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (7)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Awesome placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014We love love this restaurant. We just went there for my sons birthday and I was awesome. The food is great and the service was really really good. Love love this place we will be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2014We had husband and wife Canadians in town, the wife originally from Mexico. She wanted a "taste of home" so we picked El Ranchito. The food is great! More Mex than Tex which is actually what she hoped for. The mariachis were fantastic as well! Everything was very well done and not "over the top" or "cheesy." She was excited they had goat on the menu. The frozen margaritas were perfect (and strong, so watch out!). Definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Great and fun placeTable4twoDined on 7/25/2014The food and service was great for the price, parking was a little tight but was manageableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this place!Billy525VIPDined on 7/22/2014How do you appropriately describe El Ranchito? I asked for sweet tea and received regular. I asked for a chicken fajita enchilada and received a beef fajita enchilada. And you know what? I'll be back! Why? Because it is a sweet, sincere restaurant with friendly service and authentic Tex Mex that tastes good! Great ambiance, also. Yes, I'll be back and simply eat what I am given! :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomenessJModinerDined on 6/20/2014Great dining experience. We set in the bar area to watch soccer/football. Service was spectacular. I don't remember the bartender/server's name but she made the experience memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican Food & Mariachi!AiredaleVIPDined on 6/10/2014My title really sums it up. Food was excellent, service was great and the band sounded awesome. Would recommend it for a night out with the family, would make a great group outing as well. Reasonably priced, huge glasses of sangria, super friendly staff and well monitored lot. Check it out!Special Features:
- great timeBilly525VIPDined on 5/16/2014During lunch today, I commented to my co-worker, "You know, their food is REALLY good!" He agreed. Good food. Friendly and fast service (although we asked for charro beans and were given refried). Just a nice, relaxed time; almost a step back in time. Parking is HORRIBLE, which would make me re-think arriving after 11:45 a.m. But, it's easy to recommend this restaurant for a good old-fashioned Tex-Mex lunch or dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly AuthenticamandapandaDined on 5/5/2014The food is out of this world! I had the Enchiladas Suizas and it was incredible. The mango margarita was also fantastic. Their refried beans are something extra special, definitely not out of a can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was great!!JohnDined on 5/4/2014Great food, Great service!! Will definitely be coming back! The mariachis were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mex and TexMex share a menuUrbanMom24Dined on 5/2/2014We recently booked a table for a group of 8 for lunch at El Ranchito. And everyone left happy! This is truly a gem in Oak Cliff. The food ranges from standard TexMex to more authentic Mexican cuisine. I've been told the cabrito is fantastic, but we didn't get to try it at our lunch. My chicken enchiladas were delicious and satisfying, but the true star of the meal was the elotes. One order comes with two cobs of corn, seasoned with spices and slathered with crema. So delicious! Prices here are reasonable and this is definitely a place where you can bring a group or bring the kids. We'll definitely be returning!Special Features:
- The following 93 reviews are from the El Ranchito reviews archive.
- Wow!YogiDined on 4/25/2014We went to hear the mariachi group and were pleasantly surprised by the fabulous food! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservation didn't workbadreservationDined on 4/19/2014I got the reservacion thru open table when we got there my reservation was no good we had to wait a long time I was really upset it was a special bday celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mariachis Hot SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014This place is great. It also has a live Mariachis band and they were awesome. The place is kind of small and the parking is limited, but its worth it for the experience you will receive. It was perfect for what I was looking for.Special Features:
- loved it!Billy525VIPDined on 3/18/2014El Ranchito is what it is! It's an authentic Tex-Mex restaurant DEEP in the heart of "little Mexico" (i.e. Oak Cliff) in Dallas, Texas. The food is good. The employees are friendly and happy. One hears more Spanish than English being spoken (which I love, since Spanish is my second language). We had such a nice lunch, we WILL be back - and soon. Bien hecho, El Ranchito, y gracias por todo!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic northern mexicanrobertearlkeenVIPDined on 3/9/2014Great place - mariachi bands at dinner. Notable population of locals there. One of my favorite mexican restaurants in Dallas.Special Features:
- neighborhood favoritetxlucky1Dined on 3/9/2014This long-time Oak Cliff restaurant serves authentic Mexican food in a somewhat rowdy atmosphere depending on the time of day you go. We went on a Sunday afternoon. With the full house and the mariachi band, the noise level was quite high. The food was good. I finally tried the goat tacos, spicy but delicious. My mojito was good and stong. It's a little pricey, so be prepared for that. There is an off-duty police officer at the door for security. It's a tough neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place with good foodZybachDined on 3/7/2014Always love going to El Ranchito. The food is always good with great service. It is very lively and very loud. Fun place to go with friends or groups but when the Mariachis play you cannot hear anything except the music. So not a great place for a deep conversation unless you go for lunch when there is no Mariachis. It is a fun place and we always enjoy our visit. If you haven't been you should absolutly give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/19/2014Great food, great service, homemade tortillas and a feel at home kind of place. The Mariachis are load but great entertainers. We absolutely love El Ranchito!Special Features:
- First of many...WendyDined on 2/16/2014It was my first time at El Ranchito. We went to celebrate my birthday. I had heard both good and bad things about the place, but man, was this place outstanding! Food, service, and mariachi were great! We will definitely go back! The prices are reasonable and totally worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server seemed to be busy.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/11/2014Server seemed to be busy. He was quick to our needs but he dropped anything we needed and left running. I think I weren't on his section. He took care of us though but he wasn't personableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elvis NightRCfromOCDined on 1/29/2014A group of 15 of us went on Elvis contest night and the place was packed as it always is on that occasion. The service was outstanding especially considering the commotion and crowds. Our waiter was excellent and not only didn't bat an eye when we asked for separate checks, but he remembered who each credit card belonged to. The food was also perfect and I'm sure the kitchen was slammed. It was a well oiled machine.Special Features:
- love this placemelissabDined on 1/22/2014Lots of fun, food is fantastic and really inexpensive. Don't be put off by the "traditional" Mexican menu items which most Americans are afraid to try....try something new, or play it safe. Elotes are a must, the mixed grill and tacos al carbon are foodie worthy. An added bonus is the entertainment - this place has mariachis almost all the time, and fun events such as Elvis and Beatles impersonators (the Elvis show we saw was fantastic).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good Mexican foodGregoryDined on 1/17/2014in an outstandingly authentic atmosphere!! Place was packed, the food was good, and the service was great. What a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014The food was very awesome and the overall vibe was amazing. I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- El RanchitoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/10/2014Food was good- had the fajitas. The ribs were a bit dry but flavor was good. The rest of the meal, steak chicken and sausage fajitas were very good and tenderSpecial Features:
- Great foodRusstinokDined on 12/27/2013Great food served . Waiter seemed to be there every time we needed something. Drinks were real, People were friendly. Great place to go for real, Mexican food, cooked the way you like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but overpricedmelmDined on 12/22/2013The food was pretty good but definitely overpriced. Mariachi was great. The restaurant was full and with a mariachi it was nearly impossible to hear if you're talking in a normal tone. I liked the place but unsure if we'll return.Special Features:
- HELLAWESOMENESSdaveDined on 12/16/2013Just fantastic! Carlos our waiter is the MAN!!! girlfriend woke up with goat taco breathe sooooooo that was bad but everything else AWESOME
- Manager unresponsiveLupeDined on 12/14/2013They had live music with two groups playing at the same time that just made it noisy. When it was mentioned to the manager he said he didn't care that is how they did it there. You don't have a category for noise level of too noisy.
- Festive atmosphereIV40Dined on 11/7/2013I enjoyed the ambience--great for a birthday party. The food was solid, but my Carne Asada was a bit salty. However, the handmade tortillas were incredible. The live music was awesome. I would visit again on a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Festive and funmalumrobDined on 10/20/2013I took my mom and girlfriend for dinner here on a Sunday night at 8pm and the place was full. The mariachi band makes it a fun experience. The salsa is the best in the city in my opinion. The food is moderately priced, and definitely above average, but not awesome. There are also several authentic North Mexican dishes. I recommend this place for a unique, authentic Mexican dinner experience.Special Features:
- Awesome Time!IsabelDined on 10/12/2013This was the first time attending El Ranchito excellent service. It was my best friends birthday and she had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I absolutely love this placelillyDined on 9/21/2013I absolutely love this place ! Food is great, atmosphere is great and they have the best mariachi's in town.!Special Features:
- It's a fun, authentic MexicanJeannieDined on 9/20/2013It's a fun, authentic Mexican restaurant.. The food is really good....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!FoodieForLifeDined on 9/7/2013Food is great, and so is service! Gonzalo was my service and he definitely goes above & beyond!! Their parillada is AMAZING!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Horrendous ClatterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2013My wife and I decided to dine at El Ranchito on a Friday evening, based on several reviews, before spending an evening strolling around the Bishop Arts District. We live in Far North Dallas, so we rarely get to this part of town. The food was extremely good and moderately priced, and the service was fine, but the evening was almost ruined by the incessant, never-ending, and extremely loud Mariachi bands (they even have more than one!). I realize there were lots of kids and families, but does the music have to be so loud as to make conversation impossible? Upon entering the restaurant, the sign says: "$15.00 for Mariachi Band to play at your table." By the end of the night, my wife joked: "Do you think we can pay them $15.00 NOT TO PLAY?"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is very authenticgeomedDined on 7/20/2013The food is very authentic and very well priced. always a line outside in the evenings which tells u how good it is. one of my favorite places to take a date or family that comes in from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The mariachis were dynamite;DenaJVIPDined on 4/21/2013The mariachis were dynamite; took my uncle from Maryland who is a classical saxophonist and he loved it! As always, food was great and service was very good. They always seem so glad to share their culture and cuisine with us as guests.Special Features:
- Wow, El Ranchito is the realFoodexplorerVIPDined on 4/19/2013Wow, El Ranchito is the real deal! It was very fun, very reasonable and full of locals and people of Mexican heritage. The margaritas were huge, the food was ample and pretty good. Very authentic. We ran a bit late but they held our open table reservation even though there was a big wait at the door. The mariachi band was very good. The lead singer could really belt out the songs!Special Features:
- Great tex mex! Always crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/19/2013Great tex mex! Always crowded so make sure you have a reservation.Special Features: