El Ranchito Del Agave
476 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10018Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
El Ranchito Del Agave
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ranchitodelagave.com/
- Phone: 2129041198
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout
- Catering: Let us help plan your next event!! Onsite Catering packages also available Buffet style packages beginning at $15 per person Table Service Packages beginning at 25 per person Full Service bar also available for your event
A word from El Ranchito Del Agave
Welcome to El Ranchito del Agave where we serve delicious food, paired with authentic Mexican decor blend together to immerse you in culture, making your dining experience an event. El Ranchito del Agave is a great place to dine with family, friends, or that special someone. We have quickly become a catering favorite for many all over the New York City area. Our careful preparation of fresh Mexican spices and ingredients is what make us stand out from the rest. Whether it be a small family gathering or a large corporate event, we care about your party! Our delicious, authentic Mexican food is sure to make your special occasion memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Ranchito Del Agave reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance1.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (1)Show More
- NEVER AGAINOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/5/2014Bad Service, Bad Food, Waste of time. Long wait time for a table of 3 but the waitress sat 2 couples down ahead of us. Watered down over priced drinks in little cups. Waited until we ordered to tell us they didn't accept the gift certificate we purchased. Very unprofessional.
- The following 25 reviews are from the El Ranchito Del Agave reviews archive.
- YuckKat98765Dined on 3/5/2014This is not a "nice" restaurant. It is maybe good for throwing back beers and watching sports. No ambience.Special Features:
- Amazing Authentic FoodVanessaDined on 3/1/2014This was a great find- a little hole in the wall that can be very often overlooked by just walking into the front door, past the initial look, the back opens up to a little piece of Mexico, filled with a great selection of Tequila, and an even more amazing staff and cooks. Traveling all over the world- this is without a doubt the best Mexican I have had. Will Return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Tasy!TheBloodmanDined on 1/27/2014The place was very empty so we were seated quickly. Started with an appetizer of nachos which had black beans and strips of beef in it topped with a white cheddar cheese. The main course i selected their combination platter. You get to choose 3 from a selection of 6 or seven. I ordered the mini burrito, the tostada and the enchilada. All three were very good. Enchilada was covered with green sauce which was very spicy (I like it that way). Platter came with a side of rice and beans or salad. The burrito came with strips of beef in it , not the usual shredded beef which you so often find.My wife had salad, I had rice and beans. I was unable to finish the mini burrito. It was very filling. We would go back if we were in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodTEE417Dined on 1/23/2014We all had burritos, and they were very fresh and light, not greasy or overpacked with rice. Place was a little odd -- from the front it looks like a fast food takeout place, it's hard to see the dining area in the rest. So much so, that for the hour we were there we were the only customers! This was a Thursday night at about 8pm. I would go back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was the worst MexicanRoseHVIPDined on 10/11/2013This was the worst Mexican food I've ever had, and I didn't actually know one could mess up Mexican food.
- I reallly like this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2013I've been back to El Ranchito quite a few times. It's become one of my favorite pre- and post-theatre spots. It's quite economical too. The food tastes fresh and freshly prepared with more care and creativity than one might expect for such a modest cost. The staff is relaxed and very friendly. It's really a great neighborhood place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic MexicanWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 7/3/2013A bit off the beaten path, and far from 'upscale' but this was really, really good Mexican food, large portions and not expensive. New York isn't the best city for Mexican cuisine, but this is a great place to get a taste for what is routine in the West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately, the food hereOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/17/2013Unfortunately, the food here was only fair. Our incredibly friendly and helpful waiter couldn't make up for food that, for Mexican, was bland.
- Food was alright, it was avpm41Dined on 4/12/2013Food was alright, it was a decent place for a lunch group. Nothing spectacular, but not badSpecial Features:
- Yeck! A night wastedhungrybunnyDined on 11/20/2012Food was pretty disgusting. Our nachos were slimy, the chicken taquitos tasted like they were fresh out of the freezer. My chicken burrito was gross, and my frozen margarita was all ice/juice. I'm never coming back.
- This was one of the worstOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/15/2012This was one of the worst meals I have ever eaten. We should have known when we walked in, the place was rmpty.All three of us felt the same way.
- No one in this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2012No one in this restaurant and staff was sitting around at the bar. Did not want to get up to seat us. Not good and do not recommend. So many other good places in NYC!
- My friend liked her tacossm86VIPDined on 5/29/2012My friend liked her tacos but I had the ceviche which was terrible (it had immitation crab and came with Ritz crackers...).
- Expected this to be more intimateForestHillsLocalDined on 5/15/2012Expected this to be more intimate and upscale from the photos online. Ambiance is more cafeteria than cafe. Food was tasty and priced right for hosting a large group (14).Special Features:
- Very tasty Mexican food, notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012Very tasty Mexican food, not the standard chain cuisine (a la Chipotle, Qdoba, etc.). Nice variety of dishes. The mole sauce is outstanding! Lots of options and great lunch and dinner specials. The margaritas and mojitos are well-made and not too weak. Comfortable atmosphere for a couple or a large group.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Spot Pre-TheatreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2012Simple straightforward neighborhood spot with fresh Mexican food and courteous attentive service. This was our second time at El Ranchito pre-theatre. We got in and out easily without devastating our wallet and had a very pleasant time.Special Features:
- My friend and I tried theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2012My friend and I tried the restaurant bc we had a $25 coupon. The neighborhood was considered up & coming and the outside of the restaurant made it look like a take out place but there was plenty of seating in the back. they could improve themselves and attract more ppl if they fix up the front. the waitors were friendly and we went seated right away and provided the menu. We mentioned to the matri de about our coupon and to the waitor. We thought that as long as our food met the $35 requirement, we could get the HHspecials but we were wrong. it would have been great if the employees told us up front. that spoiled the meal a bit. food wasnt anytime great. skirt steak was a bit tough, it should have been thinner. the fajitas was good
- The drinks are good... theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012The drinks are good... the food is really just average and the atmosphere isn't anything special!
- Local Mexican GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2012I'm going to remember this as a great affordable place to go in the theatre district. The service was friendly and effective, the food was authentic, fresh and quite good (the mild enchilada was spicier than anticipated but very good), the atmosphere was dressed down but colorful. My wife and I shared a prix fixe dinner that was a steal.Special Features:
- It's a cute hole-in-the-wallRoseDined on 3/13/2012It's a cute hole-in-the-wall with a top notch drinks. I recommend the coconut margarita. The dining room was a mix of regulars at the bar, people coming in for take-out orders, and a nice after work crowd who came in to relax. The staff was very attentive and the food was good.Special Features:
- Waitress added on an extrailovefoodDined on 2/7/2012Waitress added on an extra drink to our bill. She also had to ask her manager if she could replace a drink someone in my party didn't like. No other restaurant would ask that, they would just do it. We went for my birthday but they didn't have any desserts on the menu.Special Features:
- Great margaritas, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2011Great margaritas, food was good. A real dive though. Go with a male buddy to chow down.
- I wanted a venue close toLGParsonDined on 9/11/2011I wanted a venue close to a specific theatre, for a group of 9, where we could eat, drink & talk. This was quiet & spacious; I believe we may have been the only customers (arrived at 9pm). The food was good, but I ordered (and ate) too much. We got appetizers for the table (guacamole & nachos), and I should have just enjoyed those. But, I added a burrito (with carnitos -- very good), and it was huge! This place fit the bill for what I wanted that night. I'm not in that neighborhood often, but if I were, I would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- I went there for my friendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2011I went there for my friend and my birthday, we first get there and all you see is the front of the restaurant, and its EMPTY, but we got to walk through a little hall and inside, its a huge room, like a ball room size haha. everyone are a little unsure of their food, cause of the quirky decorations and there weren't alot of people to be honest. but we got our food fast and cheap too! it was amazinggggggggggg mexican food, i mean maybe not for real mexicans, but good enough for us. their guacamole and nachos are amazing too3 also got good reviews with their quesadella.Special Features:
- the radio music playing givesNyckDined on 6/10/2011the radio music playing gives this place kind of a more ghetto feel than it should have. The food is excellent - the service friendly and great, but a little slow to come take our order, once they did the food came out quickly and it was fresh, beautiful - really a GREAT find.Special Features: