El Quinto Pino
401 West 24th Street
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
El Quinto Pino
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://elquintopinonyc.com/
- Phone: 2122066900
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Syrian
- Executive Chef: Alex Raij and Eder Montero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Interested in booking of for a gathering, holiday party or event. Call us directly for more information.
A word from El Quinto Pino
El Quinto Pino is a Multiregional Spanish tapas bar in Manhattan from chefs Alex Raij and Eder Montero. A gathering place and the perfect place to go for drinks and traditional and signature tapas. Famous for our Uni Panini, our unique menu and off the beaten path wine list celebrating all regions of Spain. Above all, we are inspired by the tapas lifestyle and the ability of the tapas tradition to bring people together. Our authentic and creative food is rooted in tradition but has true flair and our staff is knowledgeable but most of all friendly. This winning and fresh approach has meant that El Quinto Pino has enjoyed being called “the best” and “most authentic tapas bar” over and over again since we opened in 2007.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpanish
El Quinto Pino - Best Restaurants in Chelsea ›
El Quinto Pino reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (59)neighborhood gem (55)romantic (24)good for groups (21)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (16)notable wine list (12)hot spot (12)special occasion (12)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- El Quinto Pino - Great TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014El Quinto Pino is a terrific tapas place in West Chelsea. They've recently expanded the size of the restaurant (more than doubled it!) so it's now possible to make a reservation. Food is very good - authentic tapas menu - and the setting is very Spanish. You feel as if you've been transported to Barcelona.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantAgent99Dined on 10/11/2014Food was terrific, scene was lovely and hip, and the service informed and attentive. This is a great find. A little bit of Barcelona in Chelsea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and not worth itJulieDined on 10/10/2014The food was mixed and too expensive for what it was. The portions are small. The uni was a spread on a baguette that had too much horseradish, not enough uni, and cost $15 for a small sandwich! The lamb skewers were very tasty but the portion was so small for, I believe, $9.00 that we felt ripped off. We left hungry.Special Features:
- great findLynnDined on 10/2/2014We finally found a restaurant to recommend to our kids instead of vice versa. Food and service were great. A little noisy, but they won't mind.Special Features:
- good tapas!MARGOTDined on 9/28/2014It is better for apertive than dinner, very good tapasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden TreasureellymayDined on 9/21/2014I have been to El Quinto Pino twice and just love the food and service.The venue is very inviting, stylish, and relaxed....good vibe. The potato croquettes were to die for when they just melt in your mouth. the gambas were delicious with the small bread slices dunked in the sauce, potatoes bravas in a slightly spiced sauced were a tasty delight ordered with the bacon tapas, and the desserts were not too sweet and just the right size.I had the puff pastry filled with zucchini or squash and topped with ice cream and my daughter had a berry tart and both were very good.Special Features:
- Loved itDyDuoVIPDined on 9/20/2014We went with a group of 7 late Saturday night and had a wonderful array of amazing flavors and dishes that did not disappoint! We loved the calamari, tomato bread, lamb, pork sandwich, "deviled eggs", sweet potato dish, and superb desserts. Our waiter, Georgetta was not only attentive, but had a great smile. The other two waiters were wonderful as well. We truly had a night that was reminiscent of our trip to Barcelona last year and made the reservation with that exact goal in mind. Bravo to a great team, great setting, fun location, and a wonderful menu for making our group of 7 thrilled. We all will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas Oh My..lvsmallrestaurantsVIPDined on 9/19/2014One of the best Tapas Bar/restaurants I've been to in NYC.....great selection of wines.....amazing tapas...nice background music, so you can actually talk to your guest....Will go back again...and again...a Must Visit.....Special Features:
- Amazing TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014The three of us went through a few bottles of wine and tried nearly everything on the menu. This is high-brow tapas - where there's a bit more culinary invention than that charming dusty tapas joint in Seville. Some notable favorites: The potatoes bravas. Also the croquettes. Grilled calamari with some kind of a parmesan froth. The uni sandwich. Octopus + squash. Atmosphere was chill, relaxed, very nice but not stuffy or a conceited scene. Just right for the vibe and food.Special Features:
- BrunchladyDined on 9/13/2014It was like going to a chic spot in Madrid. Every dish was more delicious than the last.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014the grilled calamari was outstanding! Any plate on our table was delicious. The service was great. Never had an empty water glass! would definitely refer friends. only negative, when i asked about moving reservations out 15 minutes, she told me we had to be off the table by 815! i was a little offended that she would say that with such a tone on the reservation call. and to boot, the night we were there, there were empty table at 815 and we didnt leave till 830. Why would a reservationist start on a negative note. ?Special Features:
- Tiny gem in ChelseaCitymouseDined on 9/6/2014Amazing food, very nice atmosphere if a little loud. The staff is friendly and very accommodating. One server even went outside to find a friend who couldn't find it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average ExperienceLoveSlidersDined on 9/6/2014The food was okay, I wasn't impressed by anything in particular. The wine and sangria were also average. Both the wait staff and busboy kept trying to take our food before the dishes were cleared, which was strange and rude for a tapas place designed for sharing and picking. It wasn't a crowded night, either. There are much better tapas place in Chelsea; I wouldn't go back here.
- cheetahVIPDined on 8/31/2014WE visited on a rainy Sunday night.The food and service were excellent .The choice of tapas was extensive.Everything was prepared perfectly.I especialy liked the fact we could order a few dishes at a time and then place our order for some additional tapas.The menu is fairly priced.Special Features:
- Disappointment between breadJoliePariDined on 8/31/2014Came specifically for the uni panini. Unfortunately we were served a drippingly buttered, horseradish flavored mini baguette with 3 specks of uni (each about the size of 1/4 of a dime). When I expressed my dissatisfaction to the server he told me that's how they make it until I pulled up photos on Instagram to show him otherwise. He offered to have the chef make it again but we opted to have it taken off the bill. He messed up the check when he brought it later on and was also hard to get a hold of the whole time even though we were 1 of only 2 tables in the whole restaurant. It's sad this was such a let down. I had heard good things about this restaurant. I will say, the potatoes and sangria were tasty but don't go for the famed uni panini
- Authentic tapas in ChelseaCsquaredrevueDined on 8/28/2014Lots of places say "tapas" but this neighborhood spot delivers the goods. Haven't enjoyed tapas this much since being in Spain. The gazpacho was wonderful and the desserts were fantastic but the jamon croquettas are my sentimental favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyable taste treatDanielnycDined on 8/27/2014Reasonably priced, lots of variety, amped up flavors, good service. Little noisy acoustics. Friendly vibe, fast kitchen.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Excellent food, service and wine. Though we were late, the restaurant honored our reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas and eclectic vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Found this gem online when wanting to meet friends in Chelsea. While we ended up spending way more money than we thought because of the deceiving prices of the tiny plates, we were not at all disappointed in either the ambiance or food. Such fresh and interesting fare, especially the octopus. Really enjoyed ourselves in this tiny tapas bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapas placeChrisDined on 8/17/2014One of Chelsea's better Spanish restaurants. Don't miss out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent tapas spotIfi1Dined on 8/14/2014The ambience was great and the food delicious. The place is a little small for groups but they take reservations so you could probably go with many people too. The noise level was a little higher than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Tapas!foodforlifeDined on 8/11/2014What a delightful evening! The food was delicious and the atmosphere was casual and hospitable!Special Features:
- Great restaurant!dot1Dined on 8/9/2014We visited NYC this weekend and found this restaurant online. The food was fantastic; we shared 7 tapas, two small appetizeres and a dessert and it was WAY more than enough! We were both thrilled with the quality of the food, the wine, and the prices. The service was also exceptional. I also had a fabulous cocktail - a frozen gin basil lemonade. My new favorite drink of the summer.Special Features:
- There's nothin btr than a Pomada!live2dineoutVIPDined on 8/6/2014The Pomada is the best drink ever! The food is wonderful too, and Spanish friends have told us that the patatas bravas are better than in Spain! The food is lovely and the service is incredibly friendly and jovial! Not to be missed :-)Special Features:
- jsalVIPDined on 8/3/2014Went here for lunch. I had the croquetas (very good), the uni panini (excellent), and the churros (very good). Service was excellent, friendly and attentive. The place was nice and cozy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas FindJMFNYVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food, service and ambience made my first trip well worth it. Tried much of the menu, including the signature sea-urchin uni and pulpo (my faves). Everything was very tasty and there is something for everyone. Accompanied with sangria, my lunch there brought me to a piece of Europe. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Just loudOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/31/2014EQP is a cute spot and the staff was very friendly. Sadly, we can't comment on the food (though it looked good) because it was so loud in the dining room we left before we could order - he noise level was more like "Deafening" than "Energetic". I spoke only to my nice neighbor at the communal table - my friend across the table was inaudible from 2 feet away. Work on those acoustics!Special Features:
- Great tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/30/2014Good food and service. We would definitely go back again. All the usual suspects are on the menu and were amazing. Noise level was a bit overwhelming at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barcelona & Costa BravaRealfoodambianceDined on 7/25/2014My son & I found the menu and ambience took us right back to Barcelona & Costa Brava (minus the Mediterranean)! Lovely neighborhood restaurant, walkable from Penn Station. Food was delicious, very fresh, perfectly prepared (highly flavorful, not overly complex, not over-seasoned. Dessert we had was authentically Catalan as were several dishes . Service from minute we arrived throughout the eve was delightful - warm, helpful, engaging without being overly intrusive - overall a pleasure . Would definitely love to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2014I recently went with a colleague for lunch. At 12:15pm on a Tuesday, we were the only people seated. The waiter was very attentive and he made some excellent recommendations. We ended up with 6 tapas and the bill came to $65 before tip. I felt this was an incredibly expensive lunch for two, given that the plates were small, even for tapas-style dining. at $6-$12 per plate, the food and location does not warrant the price. I will not be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful SurprisePatsFanNYCVIPDined on 7/21/2014I have been going to the bar at El Quinto for quite some time and was surprised to discover that it now had a restaurant. What a great surprise. The food was terrific. Each tapas dish was tasty and interesting. I especially enjoyed the garlic shrimp, the lamb skewers and Picos y Taquitos, which is a board of chorizo, marinated manchego and spreadable sausage. The hostess and waitress could not have been more hospitable and welcoming. I was especially impressed with the way the hostess took care to find us a seat at the bar while we waited for our table. I would have given the whole experience 5 stars but I found the lighting to be unnecessarily bright. It felt too industrial for a space that small. Otherwise, it was outstanding.Special Features:
- So Spanish, So Good!Neotone1Dined on 7/19/2014I have loved this place for years, and it's still fantastic. It was great when it was just a tiny, single room bar, and it's better still with the added dining room (though the extra room stole a smidgeon of charm, not too much). The food is spectacular, and is just like you would expect from a great place back in Spain. There is nothing bad on that menu. I happy to have come to know this place. I will return again & again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walk 1 Block From the High LineLolitaVIPDined on 7/13/2014What a great find! Friendly staff made me (and my young niece) feel welcome when we arrived for brunch much earlier than my friends. They went out of their way to make a child-appropriate yet sophisticated drink. Once we were seated in the small but beautifully designed dining room, the delicious food began to flow. We ordered several helpings of Nuestras Bravas, the best potatoes ever. All the dishes (and we tried many of them!) were delicious and the service impeccable. If I lived in New York, this would be my go-to place.Special Features:
- Great late night tapasNancykDined on 7/12/2014We are very pleased with el quinto pino. We made late reservations after a long day of sight seeing with our guest from Madrid. We had kids with us and it was late. The staff took care great care with us and did not seem to mind our kids. The food was terific. Our Madrian guest ordered and was pleased with the menu and the food - but found it funny when he tried ordering in Spanish and the waiter asked him to speak in English.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas, Nice Spanish Wine ListToddDined on 7/12/2014Really enjoyed our tour of Spain via tapas. Some of the basics, but then a lot of original options.Special Features:
- The Art of LunchGolem212VIPDined on 7/10/201410 of us went to Quinto Pino after a long morning of "frame gazing" amid the galleries of Chelsea. This was the perfect place for a group: good service, a varied menu and a professional but relaxed atmosphere overall. Recommended.Special Features:
- FoodFoodie29Dined on 7/7/2014The food was overall okay, nothing to go back to. I wasn't very impressed. There are definitely other places in the city that are much better. They didn't even have a candle for my friends birthday and I had specifically put in the reservations notes we were coming for a birthday.
- The following 0 reviews are from the El Quinto Pino reviews archive.