El Patron Mexican Restaurant & Cantina
12167 S. Apoka Vineland Rd.
Orlando, FL 32836Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
El Patron Mexican Restaurant & Cantina
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elpatronorlando.com/
- Phone: 4072385300x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can cater for a group of 10-200. Menus available upon request.
- Private Party Facilities: If planning an important business meeting, party, rehearsal dinner or holiday gathering, El Patron Mexican Restaurant & Cantina is the ideal location. We will make any event memorable for its excellent service, delicious food and hospitality.
- Private Party Contact: Maria (firstname.lastname@example.org) 4072385300x
A word from El Patron Mexican Restaurant & Cantina
Steeped in a culture rich with history and customs, El Patron, a family owned restaurant, serves traditional Mexican dishes such as Tacos, Enchiladas, Burritos and Fajitas alongside house specialties such as Pork Chop Al Pastor, Carne Asada and Carnitas Michoacanas. We feature over 70 different tequilas and a number of signature margaritas in addition to a full beer, wine and liquor bar. Food is probably the most important element of Mexican culture. It is often said that "cuisine is culture" so join us for that incredible experience of eating homemade Mexican food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Patron Mexican Restaurant & Cantina reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Nice service, bland foodSnowQueen5Dined on 7/19/2014Very nice, clean, modern Mexican decor. Hostess was very pleasant and brought us immediately to our table. I wondered why so few tables were occupied in such a large space on a Saturday night. Our waiter was friendly and efficient but the bartender was slow. Drinks came about five minutes after the waiter brought the chips and salsa. We ordered an excellent cheso fundido. We ordered a variety of tacos and meat dishes but we all agreed the food lacked flavor.Special Features:
- Delicious fresh Mexican foodChrisDined on 7/3/2014We found El Patron by searching open table as we left Disney's Magic Kingdom. Don't let it's location fool you - the food, service, and atmosphere are great. They have a selection of signature margaritas, some of which are made with lime juice instead of a mix. Salsa, queso, and guacamole are all freshly made in house. The entrees are unique and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceMagapeDined on 6/29/2014On the restaurant were 20 persons and we were serviced the lastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server needs English lessonsRogowski1Dined on 5/17/2014The four of us at the table ALL had a difficult time understanding the server, who was perfectly polite, but had a thick Spanish accent. Yeah, I pretty-well think that that is a good attribute for a Mexican-style restaurant, however, after three or-so times replying, "wha?, huh?" I gave up, and just nodded. It was a awkward. A slight disappointment has to do with training. When the guest is finished eating, it's proper to IMMEDIATELY bring the bill, so we don't have to wait around for the server to get done with his tasks so that we can move on to other things. That part of our experience sucked.Special Features:
- Buyer BewareRosyDined on 5/15/2014Food was OK. Margaritas were expensive and not everything was on the menu. They were not going to honor the coupon from the resort because there was fine print on their specials page that said no other deals were available with those specials. There was nothing mentioned on the coupon itself. When the manager came, she wanted to argue with me and show me the fine print on the special menu. When I asked what the regular price of the burrito was that ordered, she showed me the lunch menu, which did not even offer that burrito. She finally honored the coupon, but it was after much arguing. Based on that treatment, I would neither go back, nor recommend the place without a buyer beware.
- caliente!familyVIPDined on 5/2/2014different but wonderful twist on recipes. would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!iBiteLiteVIPDined on 4/25/2014Great food and excellent service. The guacamole is some of the best we've eaten. For dinner we had the tacos, my wife had 3 carnitas tacos and I had a duck, carnitas, and shredded beef taco. My wife's order of preference - shredded beef, carnitas, duck. My preference was the exact opposite order. Our server was great, his recommendation skill set, speed, and attention was that of a fine dinning expert. If the term fine dinning turns you off you, don't let that bother you b/c the place itself is very casual and humble.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 113 reviews are from the El Patron Mexican Restaurant & Cantina reviews archive.
- Great Mexican !!Lw76722Dined on 4/22/2014Hands down one of the best Mexican restaurants I have ! Food was very fresh, authentic , delicious and reasonabley priced.Special Features:
- Great Mexican Food away from DisneyBuckyVIPDined on 4/21/2014We had a great meal outside the parks. The service was fantastic and the meals were reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expected based on reviewsDisappointedDined on 4/20/2014Went for dinner at 7 pm. Had reservations but there were only 3 other tables occupied. Seated promptly and the waiter was pleasant. Menu looked great, but food was lack luster. Flavors described on menu were not delivered. I know the difference between Tex-Mex, California Mexican, and Traditional Mexican cuisine and this food would fallen short on all accounts. Lastly, the ambiance needs a significant overhaul. The wooden tables had worn finish and needed to be redone. The place had the air of being run by someone who no longer cares to provide an excellent dining experience, which is a shame for the wait-staff who were all very pleasant.
- Excellent mexican food!vinobaroloDined on 4/16/2014Great find. Restaurant is located in a shopping strip mall but don't let the location fool you. Excellent mole enchiladas. Can't wait to try other entrees later in the week during our visit to Orlando.
- Best Of the Best Mexican FoodChopperVIPDined on 4/16/2014If you love Mexican food, you have got to check this restaurant out. My wife and I are extreme critics when it comes to authentic, traditional, home style Mexican food. The new Chef at El Patron created the BEST food we have ever had. Drive past those franchise places and experience the true flavor of Mexican food with a whole new twist!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FOOD and FANTASTIC SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/14/2014I am not a fan of corn tortillas, but it's because I haven't been eating the authentic kind. THEY are AMAZING! I am a convert. Our service was fantastic. The drinks were great and everyone was in love with their food!! I cannot wait to come back when I am in the area!!Special Features:
- Surprisingly great!ShievaGDined on 4/4/2014Must admit coming from northeast and having eaten in Orlando all week we had not-so-high expectations for a Mexican restaurant. It was our 6 yr olds bday and he'd requested quesadillas so we did a search and found el patron--happy that at LEAST it wasn't a chain! It was a great surprise though bc our food was great--as good as some if our best places up north and our waitress was lovely. 2 thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great! authentic food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/18/2014We were pleasantly surprised! EXCELLENT food, great ambience, very authentic. A little pricey but very very worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuDannyDined on 3/15/2014The menu was a little different from the regular Mexican restaurant. Also it was a bit more "sports bar"
- Never again ...SadfaceVIPDined on 3/9/2014We waited 10 minutes to see a server and then 10 more for water and sodas. Our food order took 45 minutes - should have been 15 at most - and it arrived stone cold and tasteless. We left, which we should have done 5 minutes into this culinary mess. Never again.
- authentic Mexican foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/4/2014We are here on vacation and wanted to avoid chain restaurants. This was a fantastic find! Delicious Mexican food and the margaritas menu was incredible. We had the fajitas and a chimichanga. The food was fresh and the service was excellent 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time food is stillduglessDined on 3/1/2014Second time food is still very good with large portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotalliearmDined on 2/22/2014I never write reviews but felt compelled to after our recent visit. We arrived a little early for our reservation, but they seated us immediately. Our server was very friendly and attentive. They provide free chips and salsa and they were some of the best we have ever had--served warm, they were crisp light and delicious! Each of our entrees were great and they accommodated our special requests with ease. Despite eating three baskets of the chips we managed to save room for dessert and so glad we did as the churros served warm with some ice cream were amazing! Highly recommend this restaurant and should we ever find ourselves in the area again we will be eating here again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks can be deceiving...viviVIPDined on 2/14/2014This restaurant always looked inviting from outside but upon entering, it lost its vibrancy. We were seated in the dining area which was really uninviting and asked to move to the window area of the bar. The server happily reseated us. There were a lot of empty tables even on Valentines day. Our Server, Amanda was nicely attentive throughout the drink and ordering then she disappeared until beyond the point of we wanted our bill and to leave. We ordered a fajita and short rib dinner. The short rib was tender and tasty but served in three soft shells and a bit too sweet to my liking. The beans and rice on the side were nondescript. My husbands fajita tasted good and was a generous portion.
- DisappointingMarkDined on 2/11/2014Had 4 star recommendation on trip advisor so sounded good. Opening chips n salsa were great, sangria was very good. I had a specialty Margarita that was good maybe a little expensive for what u get but not terrible. At this point we were definitely pleased with experience. Our meals chic fajita and chicken suize (sp?) were bland and really lacked any flavor. It needed some kick, maybe the suize is like that because I tried something new. Appeared they were short staffed which wasn't a problem early on but follow up once we had our meal was lacking but waiter was running all over. Had to wait for bill which sometimes is ok but we were ready. This was on a Monday night
- Mexican RaveCavallinoRampanteDined on 1/25/2014OK, not quite a rave, but a very good independent family run Mexican in an area of the usual tired chains.Special Features:
- Only just averageTowner54Dined on 1/14/2014We were looking for some authentic Mexican cuisine on a recent trip to Orlando. What we found was, at best, only average. It was a slow night and we might have caught them at less than their best, but no one seemed to make an effort. The $12 cost for a Margerita seemed a little insane for this style of the restaurant . Appetizer arrived at the same time as the soup and entrees arrived before we finished the soup. Given that they're we're less than 10 other diners, what was the hurry. We went expecting to spend about 2 hours dining but given the service, we were finished and out the door in less than half an hour! Best for families looking for middle of the road food, a quick meal and then on to other adventures around Disney.Special Features:
- Great food!!Luv2dineoutDined on 1/10/2014What a great place to eat!!!! I was looking for a place to meet family that was in town visiting theme parks. I tried this place based on the reviews I had seen and it met all expectations and then some. The food was fabulous, the service was fast especially with our party of 8 people. We were seated right away upon arrival and our food came out very quick. The chips and salsa were so good that it was hard to stop eating them when our food came. Some of our party ordered a variety of their tacos some got the Grande Burrito. The tacos were so authentic looking and delicious! The burritos were amazing with the queso sauce on top! This is a GREAT place to eat a fabulous Mexican meal and I will be going back to dine there again many times !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum!necoviereDined on 12/28/2013a hole-in-the-wall with amazing margaritas and food. don't let the less-than-fancy interior bother you, this place is really quite awesome, i just wish it were closer to home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for a great Christmas Eveluv2eatVIPDined on 12/24/2013We dined here after being at Disney World all day with our kids, it was fantastic. We like authentic Mexican food, and this was it. Being from the West, we didn't have high hopes for Orlando, but were very happy with our choice. The chile rellenos were fantastic, as was the mole. The kids loved the fries - and they had a nice selection of Mexican and non-Mexican choices for foods - perfect for us, since we have a standout kid who doesn't like Mexican cuisine, in a Mexican food loving familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a C graderonSDined on 11/14/2013The food is pretty good...but the rest is average.
- Food was Good, Service was excellenMichael777VIPDined on 11/7/2013This is a solid restaurant. No frill's good service, good foodSpecial Features:
- Unexpect suprise.miloDined on 11/6/2013Wife & I were on a one night stay just outside Orlando & decided to walk to a close by restaurant, rather than drive. Not even a block away were several restaurants, we chose Mexican. Good choice, very pleasant, decided on a house drink at the bar before eating. Service was great, and very pleasant so we chose to eat at the bar. Food was very good, service, not just from the bar-tender, but others there, hostess, etc were great. When we come back later, will make it a point to drop by again, we had a good time, plus the bonus of very good food and "local" drinks were a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local find!Luv4chilirellanosDined on 10/12/2013In Orlando's sea of chain-restaurants, it was very refreshing to find El Patron, a quiet local eatery with great food! Our server, Javier, was outstanding and his recommendations were spot on. He even entertained our children with magic tricks! Try the El Patron fajitas - they were wonderful. The guac and margs were divine as well. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- El Patron - Great Food!NorCalDanVIPDined on 9/29/2013Pleasant surprise to find extremely good Mexican food in a strip mall. Ossobucco carnitas was delicisio! Service was attentive and timely.Special Features:
- Consistently Great!nthrichVIPDined on 9/22/2013During a recent trip attend a week long conference I found this excellent Mexican restaurant in a nearby strip mall. It was so good that we dined their on 3 occasion during the week. Each time we had a different server and the service was Great! Likewise the food was outstanding. This is quite a complement because we live in San Diego and we have many excellent Mexican restaurants and El Patron is on the top of our list. We are sure to return on our next visit to Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/20/2013Salsa was smoky but a little bland. Had the tacos. Nice choices if you want to try something different. He get the steak and bacon tacos for sure.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mexicanrestaurant in FloridanthrichVIPDined on 9/17/2013Being from Southern California we have many great Mexican restaurants being so close to the border. I was pleasantly surprised to find El Patron in a small strip mall. The food and presentation were excellent and the service was outstanding! I have dozens of avocado tress on my property and have guacamole on a daily basis at home. Their guacamole is excellent with just the right ingredients and spices. The Chile Rellenos were large, full on cheese and had the best sauce and flavor that I have ever experienced. The steak burrito was large and flavorful and was cover with a with cheese chili sauce. I am getting hungry just writing this review. I plan to visit them again this week to try more menu item before I return to California.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2013We found El Patron to offer good food, great service & knowledgable staff - our server recommended a great margarita. The owner stopped by to ask how our meal was & convinced us to try the flan - the best flan either of us have ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Defines "neighborhood gem"TrussyVIPDined on 7/20/2013A lovely casual spot, hiding it's strip mall location with great decor inside and out, super friendly service and lovely fresh authentic food that I feel I should have paid more for! We are here on a family vacation, great choices on the kids menu, that they loved. Found El Patron on OpenTable, wish we had a spot like this in our neighborhood. Strongly recommend if you are here.Special Features:
- Very nice. Great food AndOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2013Very nice. Great food And a great value. Waiter was extremely courteous and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Mexican food. Good drinks.DateNightFoodieVIPDined on 7/16/2013Solid Mexican food. Good drinks. My wife and I decided to go on a whim. Apparently, during dinner it's a hot spot. We went for lunch and had a great time. It was nice and quiet so we were able to have a conversation. We highly recommend it, especially for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Better ServicetweeksterVIPDined on 7/8/2013The food came out quickly and was very hot and fresh. The service could not of been more perfect. Nicole did an amazing job and I will ask to for her next time I dine here.I would recommend this to a friend.