El Patio Argentine Restaurant
5240 Randolph Rd.
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $30 and under
El Patio Argentine Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elpatiointernational.com/
- Phone: 3012319225
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Lunch: Daily: 9:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Argentinean, Latin / Spanish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We also provide catering services, corporate lunches and barbecues in your home.
- Entertainment: Live music on Fridays
A word from El Patio Argentine Restaurant
El Patio Argentine Restaurant was opened in Rockville in 2001. We are a family owned restaurant that serves traditional home-style meals from Argentina in a casual dining atmosphere. With authentic recipes from our country, El Patio is like a little piece of Argentina in Rockville We are a unique combination of Restaurant and Bakery with a large number of packaged goods from Argentina and the greatest variety of Argentinean wines in the metropolitan area. Our specialties include the traditional Argentinean Barbecue (Parrillada)and a variety of grilled dishes, sausages (chorizo), chimichurri sauce, empanadas and quiches including vegetarian options.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Patio Argentine Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Always goodtitoVIPDined on 3/23/2014If it wasn't because I am near bmore now..would visit more frequently. It has never disappointed me for food or vino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Buenos Aires haven in Rockville!DessertloversVIPDined on 3/8/2014We chose this restaurant because it was near where we were going afterward and we were so pleasantly surprised! I expected a drab "strip-mall" look, but it was clean and colorful, and the food was very good! I visited Argentina recently and the food at El Patio seemed very "autentico!" In addition, the desserts are incredible! Don't just look at the menu, check out the display cases! If you eat too much at dinner, you can take dessert to go! We will definitely return. Sent from my iPhoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we stopped inAuntieVIPDined on 3/1/2014Made reservations at 7, but had a bit of a wait due to lingering at the table meant for us. (What can you expect on a Saturday night?) We enjoyed the sweet breads and chinchulin! Done perfectly. Excellent chimichurri! Steaks were cooked perfectly as ordered. Recommend the Ny Strip. Delicious desserts! Everything is Very affordable as well. We really enjoyed the live entertainment they had. Lovely voice. Nice selection of Argentinian wines. Cannot wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!StephDined on 3/1/2014I highly recommend this restaurant. They have a large menu with many items that I'm sure are all fantastic. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodluv2eatDined on 2/16/2014Come hungry...servings are a good size, food was amazing.Special Features:
- A sleeperWanderingRosaVIPDined on 2/15/2014El Patio looks desolate from the outside but vibrant and full of life inside especially Friday and Saturday nights when there is life Argentine music.Special Features:
- authentic argentine steak/barbecueOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2014authentic argentine steak/barbecue restr, excellent cooking.Special Features:
- Outstandingvladi72Dined on 2/14/2014We were there for Valentine's Day. Atmosphere was fantastic. Good food, great service saxophone live music....We definitely planning to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Argentinean Food in the area.DisappointedVIPDined on 2/7/2014I am glad to finally have a good Argentinean restaurant in the area. It reminds me of my childhood. Great entertainment also.Special Features:
- What a wonderful place forSaraDined on 1/19/2014What a wonderful place for dinner. The wine choices are spectacular and varied, the pastries and desserts are delicious. The service is very European - no rushing. The cuisine is Argentinian, with a focus on steaks! My daughter's favorite is the Milanese - a breaded fried steak. I had the New York Strip and it was delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant for a wonderful family dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am happy to have discoveredtangueraVIPDined on 1/18/2014I am happy to have discovered El Patio totally by accident, and to my great fortune find it to be a place I will return to for lunch and dinner and especially for the live music!. The food and wine are an exceptional value as well, and couples as well as families were enjoying the great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/4/2014My wife and I tried El Patio Saturday night just because we had to be in the area, but were delighted to find an authentic reasonably-priced Argentine restaurant, including food, decor and wine. Of course the meat was the focal point and it was excellent. The menu also contained appetizers and pasta that would be typical. Service was jovial and efficient, with an older pro waiter. My wife had the T-Bone, tasty if not the prime quality of a first rank steakhouse, but also was not near the price of that category either. I had the pique a lo macho, a kind of stir fry with beef and sausage that was authentically spicy and well-prepared. We would definitely return to this place, and bring friends the next time.Special Features:
- It wasn't that badUruguayaDined on 12/28/2013I really wanted to find a place in DC that had South American food, the steak which my friend ordered was delicious but I ordered canelones and it looked like they had been sitting out all day and the meat inside was soggy and gross. The bakery they have attached to it is absolutely great! I liked it but I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Argentinian good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2013Loved it here, El Patio is a really good place to go for Argentinian food. The wine list is extense and the desserts are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was diappointed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013I was diappointed with the service or lack thereof. May be the lack of good service at our table coould be we looked different to the servers. My expectation was dashed, I will never set foot there again.Special Features:
- Missing Argentinajchbalt1VIPDined on 11/5/2013The restaurant reminded me so much of my trip to Argentina and how I loved the food. The empanadas were excellent. Outstanding wine list. Service was friendly and attentive. It was well worth the drive from Baltimore. I can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatchrisDined on 10/26/2013We had a great dinner, I had steak, mashed potatoes, my companions had steaks and chicken. Food was great, service attentive and the best thing was it was very affordable. I have only had carry out empanadas before but I will be back. Plenty of parking, just a real gem.Special Features:
- Love the foodLuv2dineDined on 10/19/2013Love the food as well as the ambiance (not to mention that the prices are very reasonable). The portions are more than enough – in fact we took some home. I ordered the Grilled Fish in a Blue Cheese Cream with pieces of bacon served w/ fries and a vegetable medley – simply delicious! My mother ordered the Grilled New York Strip, Fried Sweet potatoes sticks, and a vegetable medley, which she thoroughly enjoyed. For dessert, we ordered (to go) Gourmet Argentine cookies filled with milk caramel, Sweet Roulades filled with milk caramel (which it took a few days for me to eat), and Light puff pastry cake with milk caramel filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious andLeslyeVIPDined on 10/18/2013The food was delicious and the ambience was great.Special Features:
- wish I was neartitoVIPDined on 9/15/2013have been coming to El Patio for over 5 years now, and still never disspaointed.. even when they were on the small place, teh disappointment was not the food or service, but lack of parking and long wait. Overall, my friends like the parriladas and empanadas, I like the wine list.. besides the food. If you are near, make it a point to check them out.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2013I guess I had my hopes up that I would find a restaurant like at home (I was born & raised in Argentina) but was disappointed. The wine list was excellent but the food not up to standards, although the blood sausage was good. My mother who is visiting from Buenos Aires was not impressed at all. However, if customers are not natives of Argentina they won't know the difference.
- Pleasant EnoughTravellerVIPDined on 8/14/2013We enjoyed our visit to this restaurant with friends. Portions are huge, the restaurant is pleasantly decorated, and our server was very nice. The prices are extremely moderate. We visit Argentina frequently and found the food here to bear no resemblance to what we experience in that wonderful country. While the food was tasty, it was not authentic. We were especially disappointed in the empanadas.Special Features:
- office outingtasneighborDined on 7/31/2013this truly fit the bill for our office outing. everyone was quite satisfied. value was excellent. food too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than stellar experienceFrederickLVIPDined on 7/5/2013It was our first time to visit this restaurant. As lovers of tango and everything Argentinian we just had to try this place. The waiter we had a bit of an english language communication barrier, such that we were offended several times by his choice of words and made the whole dining/wining experience awkward. Gratefully, the manager was very gracious in addressing the situation making the rest of the night bearable for me and my girlfriend. I liked the grilled beef items, the blood sausage and sweetbread I could have done without. the chicken was dry and stringy. Oh well...
- Excelent serviceT4phageDined on 6/14/2013Look for Ricardo "el viejo" great service and great atmosphere live tango music is a plus. Well done!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/1/2013GOOD FOOD, GOOD SERVICE, ONLY ISSUE (MILD) WAS WAITRESS DID NOT SPEAK ENGLISH VERY WELL, SO COMMUNICATION WAS A BIT OF A CHALLENGE. BUT SHE WAS VERY SWEET SO IT MADE UP FOR THE LANGUAGE BARRIERSpecial Features:
- This was a great place toOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/12/2013This was a great place to go for a Mothers Day Brunch. Good food, good service at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okSoniaDined on 5/12/2013I had not realized it was only a brunch buffet in the late morning. I was looking forward to ordering my favorite steak dish and was slightly disappointed the regular menu was not being offered until later in the afternoon.Special Features:
- Good food, Great service.annaVIPDined on 4/21/2013They have an extensive menu from Argentenian food to Burgers and Pastas. Be prepared to wait if you do not have a reservation. Sunday lunch time was pretty crowded with more than 3 families waiting. But was never made to feel rushed. Food is good. Will need to return to try other dishes.Special Features:
- Make sure to review your billAAWGVIPDined on 3/29/2013Make sure to review your bill before making payment, on menu indicated will charge 18% for party of 6 or more, even they didn't give a good service, but they charge 20% after tax. I believe American very forfeithed gratitude system, not incurred to have good services.
- Authentic argentineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Authentic argentine a la parilla food. Well done. Great mollejas. (Not sure where else in MoCo you can get Mollejas.) Servers seemed quite inexperienced. Took a very long time to get drinks, including water. As is customary in Argentina and elaewhere in the world 15% tip added to bill (party of 4) Loved it despite shortcomings. But we love argentine food and don't see it much.Special Features:
- 1.I suppose the food was tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/20131.I suppose the food was taste good, if it was not because of my steak was scorch (I was ordering medium-well), and taste kind of “coke bitter". 2.It's good to have a live music, only thing is, it would be much better if they can lower the sound, so people can talk normally without shouting.Special Features:
- Enjoyable, Friday night spot,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2013Enjoyable, Friday night spot, easy parking, easy to find Montgomery County location. Nice alternative to Bethesda/DC. Really enjoyed the added touch of the live music (every Friday night and every other Saturday night). Nice value too.Special Features:
- We ate a late lunch at ElOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2013We ate a late lunch at El Patio. Food was alright, but nothing special. Steaks were very thin and seemeed like the value packs from the grocery store. Ambiance was fine until a table of 15 was seated next to our party of two. Large tables arent normally a problem and I'm fine sitting next to them, except for this group. Turned out they had 10 children all between the ages of 3 and 7 which means kids were constantly up running around next to our table and screaming/arguing with their parents and each other. When a restaurant is half empty at 2pm on a weekday, is it really necesarry to seat a table with that many children next to the few small groups of couples who are eating together? If you go, request to sit away from large parties.
- The food's great and seemsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/9/2013The food's great and seems authentic since most of the restaurant seems to be Argentinian folk. My husband had steak which was so tender and juicy and perfectly seasoned. My shrimp and veg kabob was also very tasty and perfectly cooked. The live music was a bit loud for allowing conversation, but it made the atmosphere very lively and fun. A great pseudo-vacation -- full of life Argentina in dull Rockville, who would have ever guessed?Special Features:
- didn't honor the reservation..butSpm39VIPDined on 2/2/2013Food was great! Low prices! Friendly staff! BUT a big BUT, as we were with kids at 8:30 at night....They did not honor our reservation...They did not have a table ready for our reservation, asked us to take a table in the bar/cafe - which we we agreed as long as we could still eat in the dining area. I think that they wanted us to stay there at a small cafe table not suited at all for 4 people and food... We had to ask several times to assure that we would be moved out of that uncomfortable area. So we had drinks and waited for 30 minutes to be seated. A restaurant that doesn't honor reservations should probably not be represented on OPEN TABLE!!!Special Features:
- Calamari great Food veryPackerVIPDined on 1/31/2013Calamari great Food very good Great prices Neighborhood strip mall atmosphereSpecial Features:
- never disappointing, foodtitoVIPDined on 1/9/2013never disappointing, food and service is great. We are about 1/2 hour or so from it, so we make it a point to come and eat and refill our wine cabinet. You can get some good deals on Wine.Special Features:
- Tastey and timelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/5/2013Table was reserved and ready on arrival. Attentive, but not over bearing waiter (very nice)... Food and beverage was a good value, well priced, tastey and timely...Special Features:
- El Patio better than everGermantownDined on 12/23/2012We have been eating at El Patio since the days they were @ Twinbrook. They have definitely improved a LOT the quality of their food, and we are Argentinos so we know what we are talking about. They always serve food that is Argentinian, really Argentinian, nothing adapted to any other style, & that's what we found this time around that makes them UNIQUE and truthful to their roots. This is an ARGENTINIAN eatery and you will find it in every corner of the place. Service was awesome, thx Marcelo! & the others were always helping, at our table. Food came warm if not hot, never delayed; cakes from the display tend to get a bit dry on the outside, but that is the only negative. They have a plentiful mini-market for groceries. U gotta try it!Special Features: