El Palacio Mexican Restaurant & Cantina of Chandler
2950 E. Germann Rd.
Chandler, AZ 85249Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
El Palacio Mexican Restaurant & Cantina of Chandler
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.epchandler.com/
- Phone: 4808025770
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch and Lunch: Monday - Friday: 10:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Regional Mexican, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Anthony Serrano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access
A word from El Palacio Mexican Restaurant & Cantina of Chandler
El Palacio Restaurant & Cantina of Chandler offers authentic handmade Mexican cuisine, award winning flavors and family friendly hospitality. With robust flavor and quality ingredients, El Palacio has won many awards for their salsa, guacamole, tacos and booth décor at numerous Arizona food festivals. El Palacio’s most popular menu items include Carnitas Ranchera's, Mole Poblano and the El Bandito Burrito. Most recently, El Palacio stole the show placing in 12 categories at the 2012 Arizona Taco Festival. El Palacio took home 1st place in Beef Taco, Anything Goes Taco, Salsa, Guacamole and the Reserve Grand Champion title. They also placed in the Pork Taco, Chicken Taco and Seafood Taco categories. At the 2011 Arizona Taco Festival, El Palacio’s salsa and guacamole took home 1st place awards. Other noteworthy accomplishments include: • Best Mexican Restaurant and Best Booth Décor at Taste. Culinary Festival, 2012Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Palacio Mexican Restaurant & Cantina of Chandler reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (4)great for brunch (3)fit for foodies (3)late-night find (3)romantic (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Had a great experience. Waiter was attentive and helpful with menu suggestions. We had a party of 7 and he accommodated us with separate checks and even a birthday dessert for one guest.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Food was poor, lact flavor poor presentation, low quality. Restaurant was not clean, menus were filthy. Menus were filthy and stcking with salsa. Refried beans were soupy and more like gravy. Would not eat here again.
- drink menudragonflyVIPDined on 7/25/2014We decided to use our open table credit and try El Palacio. The food was good and the server was friendly and efficient. The only thing I was very unhappy about is the bar drink description. I ordered the creamsicle martini hoping for something similar to the ice cream bar. It was basically super strong vodka and orange juice that even my husband said was way to strong. I sent it back for them to lighten up a little and it came back watered down vodka and orange juice. Next time I will probably just order a diet coke.Special Features:
- Good food & serviceAngelaVIPDined on 7/20/2014We like eating at El Palacio because it has great staff & their food is very tasty. A bonus is you not only get chips & salsa brought to your table when you sit down, they have an "unlimited help yourself salsa & dip bar"! We've never had bad service as any server we've ever had is always friendly & attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely will go back!dearpieDined on 7/11/2014We decided to try a new place, and checked what was available on Open Table first. This restaurant was in the general area of where we wanted to be. They sat us right away, bringing menus, chips and salsa. We ordered the taco salad, Ala Carte 1 (chili relleno and spinach and cheese enchalada) and a combo. ALL of the food was very delicious!! Our waiter was quick, however, he forgot to bring the extra sauces on the side for my husbands combo items. But overall, a very good experience with excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does NOT Honor ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/29/2014I can't really comment on the food or ambiance, as this restaurant did not honor the 9 PM reservation that my wife and I had. When we arrived a the restaurant shortly before 9 PM, the closed sign was lit up and the doors were locked despite there still being customers inside. Very unprofessional to not honor a reservation.
- Great birthday dinnerAngelaVIPDined on 6/25/2014My niece was visiting from NY & loves Mexican food, so we took her here to celebrate her birthday. Even though the waitress was new, she was very personable & made our dining experience fun! She even came out with a birthday dessert for my niece at the end of the meal!Special Features:
- The following 19 reviews are from the El Palacio Mexican Restaurant & Cantina of Chandler reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Had a group of 20 there for my birthday celebration. Awesome service and great god. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!AngelaVIPDined on 4/26/2014We have driven past El Palacio for a while now & had been meaning to try it, but never got the chance until the other day & we were pleasantly surprised. The staff was very friendly & our waiter was great. He stopped by our table before bringing another table their order to let us know he would be right with us & was extremely attentive. The food was very good & we thoroughly enjoyed dining here & will be dining here again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We stopped here on a whimCeCeDined on 3/28/2014We stopped here on a whim for lunch one day and really enjoyed it so when friends asked us to pick the restaurant last Friday we recommended El Palacio. We love Mexican food and thought this restaurant had a good menu. The chili rellenos, which both my husband and I had, were a bit short on chiles and too long on dough. Other than that the food was good. the margaritas were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodTgirlDined on 3/21/2014I was pleasantly surprised a great place was right in my backyardSpecial Features:
- First Visitgone247Dined on 2/14/2014Ease of obtaining table after rsvp on Open Table. Food was great and waiter was awesome. Atmosphere live and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentines dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Good food, and good atmosphere. A little slow service and feeling kind of hectic, it was busy because valentines day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Coming BackOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We originally ordered a mojito for my wife and a Malibu rum and cranberry juice for me. The mojito was made with nothing but artificial ingredients and couldn't taste any alcohol. My drink the cranberry was brownish in color and again couldn't even taste the alcohol. For over $7 a drink the quality was embarrassing. The refried beans in the dinner was runny and reddish in colors and didn't taste very good at all. The tamale in my wifes dinner was horrible. I have had better tamales from the frozen section of my local grocery store. The server seemed like she wasn't thrilled and had to be prompted to replace the drinks when we had issues with them. Dount we will be back and definitely will not recommend anyone to this place.
- The BEST Mexican Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/19/2014Large menu, excellent service, reasonably priced and great ambiance! We make it a point to dine there every time we are in the Chandler area! You will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- bad serviceunsatisfiedDined on 11/22/2013We were not happy with the service it took too long to get our food not to mention the chips and salsa. Additionally, the food was not good either. We were extremely disappointed in the whole experience.
- We love this place. The pricesKfamDined on 9/28/2013We love this place. The prices are really reasonable. The menu has lots of choices, even for the pickiest of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2013I read the reviews about poor service but decided to try this place anyway. The service was horrible. Our waiter would disappear for long periods of time. Our margaritas, which we ordered first, didn't arrive until after I was done eating. My water glass remained empty for over half the meal and the chips and salsa ran out. We never got any more. On top of that, the margarita was not good. Don't waste your time or money at this place.
- Favorite Mexican FoodNeverbDined on 7/23/2013When I think of mexican food, I think El Palacio. My wife and our friends visit El Palacio at least once per week and we are never disappointed. The chips are freshly made (not from a bag like other mexican food places) and the salsa is home made (not tomato sauce from a can like other mexican food places). The staff is incredibly freindly and service has always been fantastic. Prices are very reasonable and they do a great job with daily specials to make the dining experience even more affordable. Good bar area to catch a game or play trivia. Very poplar with locals. Ourstanding overall for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer pairingReservations2niteDined on 7/17/2013We went to El Palacio with another couple for a beer pairing dinner. The representative from Landshark beer was very informative with facts about his products. The portions of the food courses were pretty generous and they were very creative in their presentation. For $20.00 per person you definitely got your moneys worth. We have been to some restaurants for wine pairings but this was the first time we went to a beer pairing. Maybe a sangria or margarita or tequila pairing at El Palacio would be fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceStar4511Dined on 6/15/2013My husband and I don't eat out much, but I was pleasantly surprised by how great the service was! Food was great! Drinks a little over priced but everything else was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salt anyone?TonyDined on 6/9/2013If you want super-salty food, then this is your place. Believe me, you wont be disappointed. The food could be excellent if they just bring the salt down a few notches. In talking to the waiter and the hostess later, we were told that it was the number one complaint but the chef is also the manager, so complaints fall on def ears.
- Not recommendedTableoffiveDined on 6/7/2013The service was not very timely, had to wait for drink order for over 10 minutes. We were a party of 5, the individual that brings chips and salsa brought one bowl of chips and 2 salsas. Common sense you would bring at least 2 bowls of chips and 4 salsa's as other Mexican resturaunts. Food took quite a while. Overall this was a nice setting, kid friendly, however would not recommend.
- Nothing to write home aboutOutinChandlerDined on 6/7/2013That one one pretty much sums up everything about El Palacio. Arrived at 5:40 for our 5:45 reservation on a Friday evening (first time here, so I wasn't aware a reservation would actually not have been necessary...there was hardly anyone in the place). Hostess was nowhere to be found, so we stood around like mannequins waiting for someone to show up and direct us to our table. Party of 6 was seated at a table that could seat at least twice that, kind of awkward. Sat around for more than 5 minutes before our server presented himself to take our drink orders. Happy hour, so the margaritas were definitely on the week side. Ordered several different entrees in the group, everything was "okay".
- stay awayOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/1/2013Lousy. I would rather have gone to Taco Bell and I never go there. Do yourself a favor and don't go here...
- WOW!!! Que bueno!TBonesVIPDined on 4/30/2013My wife and I were not big fans of Mexican food until we ended up at EP. We soon found ourselves returning for good drinks/food and great conversation with Roy. As luck would have it, Roy tempted us with a mini-dinner appetizer. Soon we were ordering dinner and have tried many delicious dishes having found some favorites! Chef Anthony has also introduced a healthy menu with lighter fare but equally tasty! There are many delicious appetizers, main dishes & desserts (and events)! You are greeted with chips and fresh award-winning salsa & there are daily happy hour specials. EP has been, and continues to be a wonderful dining experience! Hmmm.... Wondering if I should not say too much lest our hidden gem become too well known! ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.