El Moro Spirits & Tavern
945 Main Ave.
Durango, CO 81301Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
El Moro Spirits & Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elmorotavern.com/
- Phone: 9702595555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sean Clark
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from El Moro Spirits & Tavern
Capitalizing on Durango, Colorado’s “old West” and Victorian heritage, as well as contemporary culinary trends and techniques, El Moro Spirits and Tavern joined Durango’s family of unique and independently-owned restaurants in mid-July 2013. Dining in Durango Colorado just got more exciting. With no known comparison, El Moro is capitalizing on the region’s growth of entrepreneurial ranches and farms, many of which are organic. We utilize a majority of locally grown and raised ingredients in our menu items. Our menu changes seasonally, and includes specials based on available fresh ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
El Moro Spirits & Tavern - Best Restaurants in Durango ›
El Moro Spirits & Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (14)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (10)special occasion (9)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (7)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Excellent food and serviceDavidCDined on 9/15/2014Good variety on the menu and the food is excellent. Wonderful friendly service. The scotch egg is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific for noshingdurangodevoteeDined on 9/3/2014This time at El Moro we went for the small plates and appetizers with our cocktails and made a delicious meal of a nice combo. Some new items were on the menu, and our server made a point to help us understand what we would be eating, and noted all the ingredients (many of which had been locally sourced). We tried the Hamachi salad small plate and it was wonderful. If you go to El Moro, don't shy away from the Bone Marrow appetizer with pickled shallots. It's like eating melt in the mouth warm butter and jam - a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic and youthful diningMtnfolkDined on 8/29/2014Very good food and excellent service. Our waiter was engaging and knowledgeable about the offerings. We had a great experience. Thanks.Special Features:
- Another great experience!durangodevoteeDined on 8/23/2014Every time we go to El Moro Spirits and Tavern, it never disappoints. This time we both had the Pastrami Spiced Wild Salmon and it was to die for. Cooked perfectly with just the right spice. As usual, El Moro had a great vibe, plus the staff was attentive and friendly, even though the place was packed. One of my favorite restaurants in Durango!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!HungryDined on 8/22/2014El Moro is always consistent with great service, a changing and interesting menu, and fabulous food. I think it's the best meal in Durango.Special Features:
- Excellent!LocalLadyDined on 8/13/2014The food was unusual and excellent. The service was outstanding. We asked our waiter to bring us plates of food he would recommend, as the menu seemed a bit confusing at first. He brought us the finest plates of locally grown delicacies. The steak I had was delicious and cooked to perfection. Everyone in our party of 7 walked out the door raving about El Moro! I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- F & B Paradise - Steampunk Setting!JJFoodieDined on 8/4/2014Great Gastropub fare like Bone Marrow and Pork Rillettes, as well as well-executed sandwiches and salads. Tons of spirits and cocktails! The Beer List is smartly divided into sections (whimsically named as different types of train cars), based upon how adventurous of a beer drinker you are. David H., the Beverage Manager, has fantastic pairing advice and can masterfully steer you to a drink you'll like on its own - but will love when paired with food. This oasis of wonderful food and drink has a cool Steampunk setting. With easily the best food, best beverage program, and best atmosphere in Durango, El Moro is the best restaurant in Durango. It is truly destination dining and the quintessential example of what a restaurant should be.Special Features:
- Great experience at El Moro!durangodevoteeDined on 8/2/2014We attended Guest Chef night at El Moro Spirits and Tavern. The food was FABULOUS - interesting flavors and combinations. El Moro is known for using fresh, local foods and curing all their own meats in house. Combine that with the creativity of Chef Sean and the unique, fun-filled atmosphere, El Moro is a winner! I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very creative foodAbsoluteRavingFanDined on 8/1/2014Our group of 4 decided to order lots off the menu ands share so we could try many items. The sashimi hamachi was excellent, the shrimp and grits presentation absolutely creative and delicious, seared scallop appetizer perfectly prepared. Would no recommend the caramelized corn app. Wasn't real fresh tasting and overly sweet. god mixologist cocktail list. Sit in front high tables for best views and action.Special Features:
- well. .....LocalgalDined on 7/20/2014I came for my birthday brunch with my family. The flavors were great, but all of our meals were child. They gave us 15% off but I really feel that more should have been taken off. A whole dish at least would have been more acceptable. I had been looking forward to trying El Moro's brunch for a long time and it was pretty disappointing.
- Thought it would be over the top.boboDined on 6/28/2014From start to finish great time and a great meal. Server adjusted her pace to ours, time for drinks (great bar) and to look at the menu. Started with 2 choices off of the charcuterie. The Prosciutto and Blue cheese were very good. Bread servings were incredibly small and had to ask for more twice. Scallops had an incredible smoke and were cooked perfectly. Both steaks were prepared to temp and were delicious. I was skeptical of taking a perfectly good Strip and adding rub and demi-glace but as scary as it sounded, it actually all married well and was delicious. Kids split a deconstructed"S'more." "Awesome. Best dessert ever." they told us. We absolutely will go back to try some more of the menu, and because we had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2 reviews are from the El Moro Spirits & Tavern reviews archive.
- Great place!EatdrinkrepeatVIPDined on 6/20/2014Don't hesitate to try El Moro. Dined there on a Friday evening with a 6:00 reservation. Great, helpful waiter, good drinks and beers, innovative, eclectic menu. Our group enjoyed grill cheese sandwiches, house made chicken sausage and mega-huge hamburgers.Special Features:
- Delicious!JimsCrewVIPDined on 5/25/2014This was our first visit. The menu offers recognizable dishes with a twist; products are locally sourced which made our salad scream fresh. Because we had difficulty picking just one entree, we each decided to order one of our "finalists" & then share. Braised barbeque pork short ribs for me & the rib eye steak for my husband. He cleaned his plate & the steak was large, but I understand; it was delicious, very tender & perfectly cooked. Even though I loved my ribs, I could not eat them all & had to take home a to-go box (yeah for later this week!). The only down side was the noise level. Hard surfaces & an energetic crowd made it very loud, so loud that we couldn't really carry on a conversation. Other than that, it was perfect!Special Features: