El Mariachi Tequila Bar & Grill
3906 N. Broadway
Chicago, IL 60640Neighborhood:
Lakeview / East Lakeview
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
El Mariachi Tequila Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elmariachitequilabar.com/
- Phone: 7735492932x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm- 11:00pm,
Friday: 4:00pm- 12:00am,
Saturday: 10:00am - 12:00am
Sunday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Jose Eduardo Hermenegildo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering menu available @ elmariachitequilabar.com
- Private Party Contact: Jorge 7733546972x
A word from El Mariachi Tequila Bar & Grill
Welcome to El Mariachi! They have a strict policy of only serving top quality, authentic dishes and the best margaritas. It has been family owned and operated for over 15 years. They offer a more genuine and unique experience than your typical Mexican restaurant with an extensive selection of over 150 tequilas (100% Blue Agave), if you don"t believe it come and see for yourself. Also, they are famous for tableside guacamole prepared at your table fresh to order, and offer the most authentic regional Mexican cuisine in all of Lakeview! The authentic Mexican experience is enhanced with imported handcrafted decor and artwork, intimate lighting and traditional mariachi music. They also have and outstanding patio and party room that can accommodate around 100 people. If you would rather be the host they can cater the food for your event! So next time you need to plan an event contact your friends at El Mariachi. You don't want to miss out! Hope to see you soon, your friends at El Mariachi.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
El Mariachi Tequila Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Lakeview / East Lakeview ›
El Mariachi Tequila Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (19)great for outdoor dining (18)fit for foodies (10)great for brunch (9)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)special occasion (6)late-night find (5)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)romantic (3)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- best chiles rellenosOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014I keep trying the Chiles Rellenos at other Mexican restaurants and am constantly disappointed that they don't measure up to El Mariachi. They use great quality ingredients in all of the entrees they prepare. I have been here for NYE, birthdays, rainy days, after the pride parade, etc. At least a dozen times. The food has been delicious every time. Tableside guac made to your level/tolerance of spice/jalapenos. My only recommendation is for them to use better quality flatware.Special Features:
- repeated terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/27/2014our reservation for 3 was for 630 on a WEDNESDAY, we were not seated until prompting them at 7pm. this is the third time this has happened when making reservations. then hilariously enough, they didn't report to open table that we showed up for our reservation. this was fixed, but seriously guys? whats up with the hosts/timing of honoring reservations? what's the point of making one if they don't honor it. at normal restaurants when they are delayed honoring a reservation, they typically APOLOGIZE and send you a drink or something. there was no acknowledgement and no apology. I'm really disappointed as I am a frequent diner here.
- Joshua made it great!MmikoVIPDined on 8/16/2014We eat at El Mariachi during the summer when we can sit on the beautiful patio outside. The food is always good and the made-at-your-table guacamole is excellent. But what made it special this time was our excellent server Joshua. He was ready with a smile and a friendly greeting, and he anticipated our every need. He made our dining experience extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restcalishDined on 8/10/2014I have send so many good reviews of this restaurant that I dont have much word to say. It a very nice mexican restaurant and great staff. and their 21.00 brunch is A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night out with friendsshabbyskid1Dined on 8/7/2014The outdoor patio at El Mariachi is relaxing, filled with blooming flowers and private from the smell and noise of Broadway. The Margaritas are tasty, chips are a bit greasy, but overall, this is a great outdoor space with tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for brunch/lunch/dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014El Mariachi has great food, fun atmosphere and great service! We have been there several times and it is consistenly great. We ate on the patio last time and it was wonderful! Great neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- EnjoyEatingVIPDined on 7/25/2014El Mariachi was a really good find. The atmosphere was nice. The food was terrific. My wife and I both really enjoyed the table side guacamole. My nachos were great … different and really good.Special Features:
- Not a good experienceMikeDined on 7/18/2014I arrived at the restaurant after my wife. It took at least 10 minutes to get a drink and another 15+ mintues to get it replaced when it didn't taste right. You'd think a tequila bar would be able to get a marguerita right on the first try. My wife's fish tacos were soggy and topped with onions by surprise. My food was OK.Special Features:
- can't beat the patio and mimosasNYCfoodiesnobDined on 7/13/2014I went here with a couple of girlfriends recently and had a great time. We stayed way past eating and continued to be served mimosas and were never rushed. The food was fine, nothing to write home about but definitely not skimpy like other all you can drink specials. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/11/201410-plus minutes to get a server to place an order. Had to ask the hostess for help. 20 minutes to get our first drink drink. Once the food arrived we were pleasantly surprised. But we had to catch a play so were out of time to really savor it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2014We were seated at a table in the back right by the kitchen when there were plenty of open tables towards the front. The restaurant was really hot and kinda noisy. Our food was decent and our service was fine. I definitely won't go out of my way to go back there.
- Great good, drink and atmospherejaikenDined on 7/4/2014I loved that the outdoor patio was enclosed with brick buildings- it not only looked pretty but was quiet from the street noise.Special Features:
- Never disappointsWexie2VIPDined on 6/13/2014El Mariachi has been a go to place for me since I moved to Chicago in 2011. Their mole sauce is what keeps bringing me back. This place can get crazy-buzy, which can make the service slow. But if you're not in a hurry, saddle-up, order a pitcher of margarita and enjoy delicious Mexican food.Special Features:
- cew002VIPDined on 6/7/2014Drinks and food were very tasty and hit the spot! Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- BrunchcalishDined on 6/1/2014After just one visit to this Mexican restaurant was enough for me to not stop going. One of the best brunch I have ever been, great staff, delicious food, cheap brunch only 21 dollars and the best their MIMOSAS are AMAZING. I really recommend this place really good.Special Features:
- Favorite placeSarBenDined on 5/25/2014Been coming here for a few years and celebrated my boyfriends birthday over brunch on a Sunday, awesome time, we'll continue to go backSpecial Features:
- Delicious Food and Drink!JennyDined on 5/20/2014I have never had a larger burrito in my life, but it was delicious and the margaritas just hit the spot!Special Features:
- The following 71 reviews are from the El Mariachi Tequila Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- 5 STARMRB1Dined on 5/16/2014This restaurant was recommended by staff at the Sun Times. The service and food were 5 star. The only issue was the noise of the people. I couldn't hear across the table however, In no way would I not recommend this restaurant. I will tell all friends, and I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch placecalishDined on 5/4/2014So I went here for my first time after few good comments and I was so impressed with their food and brunch mimosas. People were so nice and fast. Even though I got there 30 min before brunch ended I got tipsy in just that short of time lol. I think is a very good brunch spot I will try it in other occasion eventually.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencedinetwoDined on 4/26/2014It was a lot of fun. At first it seemed a little noisy because there were two birthday parties going but despite that it was very pleasant experience. Great food, great price, great service. Definitely would recommend.Special Features:
- MkatesusanDined on 4/25/2014Love it, so good!! Great neihboirhdood gem' such agood shopping experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to visit!TJLDC75VIPDined on 4/20/2014The bottomless Mimosa brunch is fantastic. The menu is extensive and the Mimosa's were great. You wont be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014Aurora, our waitress, was a delight. She put up with our antics with a smile and a refill to our bottomless mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Use Open Table AgainMikeDined on 3/29/2014I have been to this place many times, but this was the first time I used Open Table to reserve a table. A group of us wanted to go out, so I made a reservation. It was fast and easy, AND they called to confirm a few hours before. Food was excellent as always. Service was quick. The table was ready as soon as our party arrived. My only complaint is that it can get loud due to all the people talking and music playing. Other than that, I love this neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiting...ErvingDined on 3/15/2014We made reservations for 8:30 - group of 6. Got there a bit early and waited 20 minutes after our scheduled reservation. Just seemed strange because there was a way to seat us but they were waiting for this one table to leave. After that start things got better. Food was great and they have a great drink menu - and one huge margarita. Great vibe on this Saturday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2014I've been here several times and it is always good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican FoodAdamPDined on 3/8/2014Excellent selection of Mexican dishes. I like their changing nightly specials.Special Features:
- Nice placealgonquinDined on 3/8/2014This was our second time here and we were not disappointed. Nice ambiance, good food and very reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurantorpheus02Dined on 3/6/2014El Mariachi had delicious food for a reasonable price. Additionally, the entire waitstaff was nothing but cordial and polite. My girlfriend and I are already planning a return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some good Mexican FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/21/2014Table side guac is good. The cilantro lime rice is awesome, sometimes we get two sides of it for the sides. The pork tamale is good, good burritos. The margaritas are good as well. The brunch has endless mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before dance hallMartomaDined on 2/14/2014We had dinner reservations on Valentine's Day before we went to see Dances from the Heart. The restaurant food and service was very good. It was important that we get to our auditorium afterwards and the staff was prompt and accommodating. Even on a busy night, the staff made the night re-memorable. Thank you for everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The experience was okayMariaDined on 2/14/2014Food is better the suburban Mexican restaurants. I had the a steak dinner and the steak was cooked the way I asked for it. I read that they make guacamole table side but they didn't do that for us. We were seated near the kitchen which I consider to be the worst seat in the house. I personally wouldn't travel a long distance to eat here again for special a occasion. I believe the food is more expensive than it needs to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImprovedYogamom88VIPDined on 12/11/2013We tried el mariachi few times when they opened this new location. We were always disappointed that we did not return. Our friends decided to try it again and it has changed for the better. The food was mucho better and service attentive,Special Features:
- This place is slippingMarcoloco13Dined on 12/2/2013Have been a long time fan, but last few visits have been underwhelming. The margaritas don't seem as fresh or as strong, they seem perpetually understaffed, and the food is lacking a quality it used to possess. That said, service is always warm and accommodating, despite undue delays in receiving drinks and food.
- Best Mexican AroundDaniDined on 11/8/2013The food at El Mariachi was outstanding! I had the beef enchiladas, black beans and Mexican rice and was blown delighted by how good it was. Our party was for 10 and they accommodated us all. Everyone ordered different dinners and drinks and no one was disappointed. Their service was great and they even went an extra step by having almost the entire restaurant sing me happy birthday, It really made my birthday special. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.PaulaVIPDined on 11/8/2013It had great food. They gave you service that was just right. The lighting was good the food was colorful and the temps were Good.Special Features:
- Great for BirthdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2013I enjoy it very much I took my daughter for her 21st birthday and we had a great time. Dinner was delicious our server was very knowledgeable with our food specials questions and ingredients in food. Drinks were delicious. I always enjoyed going to the original Mariachis this new one has more of a modern twist. Highly recommend for friends gatherings, brunch, and don't forget the beautiful party rooms. Thanks you for been great host, Sincerely, Carlos HernandezSpecial Features:
- Worth a try!HallerVIPDined on 9/21/2013We wanted to try some place new and stumbled Across this place. Overall, our experience was pretty good. The staff was very friendly, the margaritas were fantastic and the food was pretty typical Mexican. It wasn't outstanding, but I think it's worth another shot everything was good just not great. The atmosphere is cute though and the margaritas were worth going back just for that. I'd recommend giving it a try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was very good FoodTsaintTVIPDined on 9/18/2013Waitress was very good Food was superior Noise level is too high
- Fun place with great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2013The mexican good here was excellent! I recommend getting the table side guacamole. It's so fresh and flavorful and everything is very nicely presented. The service was very good and they have an unbeatable tequila list! I went to this restaurant while visiting my brother, who lives just a couple blocks away, and he said the brunch is incredible as well with bottomless mimosas...can't wait to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.