12050 A North Shore Drive
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elmanantialrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7037426466
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Enrique Fuentes
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant can be rented for special occasions or small groups in a semi-private area. The Bar area is totally private for small groups. It can be reserved.
- Private Party Contact: Humberto 703-742-6466
- Entertainment: Live Flamenco style guitar player on Friday nights, soon on Saturday too. WINES TASTING DINNERS EVERY MONTH.
A word from El Manantial
*** We will be closing this location as of September 5th 2014, please visit our new location "Europa Restaurant" Opening approximately September 22nd. *** "El Manatial is a family operated restaurant, featuring European Fusion Cuisine. We offer Italian, French and Spanish specialties, including a Tapas bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
El Manantial reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (54)special occasion (42)romantic (36)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (31)notable wine list (27)great for lunch (24)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great!HappyDinerDined on 9/5/2014I always enjoy having lunch or dinner at El Manantial! The food is always delicious and the staff is always efficient and friendly! I am looking forward to going to their new restaurant soon. Best of luck to them in their new establishment. HappyDinerSpecial Features:
- Farewell El ManantialDickOzDined on 9/4/2014El Manantial has been a favorite for my wife and me since it opened 12 years ago. Unfortunately the Tall Oaks shopping center, in which they are located, has been imploding around them as businesses have closed or moved. BUT, we look forward to seeing the Fuentes family open up in their new location in Herndon with their new name, Europa. To the Fuentes family: thank you for many memorable meals and good times for my wife and me and with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding diningHerndon4diningDined on 9/3/2014El Manantial has quickly become one of our favorite restaurants. This is a very warm and friendly, family owned business. The service is as amazing as the food. And we're delighted that soon they are moving to downtown Herndon, where they will become "Europa".Special Features:
- Great food/Poor serviceRestonladyDined on 9/3/2014This was my first and last visit to El Manantial. My girlfriend and I made a dinner reservation for a Thursday night. We were under the impression that the menu contained tapas/small plates. Sadly, we saw the dinner menu my girlfriend ordered soup and salad and I ordered the seafood paella, no wine just iced tea. The waiter's attitude immediately changed when she and I didn't order wine and a three-course meal. We were ignored after placing our order which didn't make an enjoyable meal. While the food was good, the service was not. El Manantial will be relocated soon to Herndon in the former Russian House. We will not be returning to dine there!Special Features:
- Always a WinnerKitty4flitDined on 8/25/2014I've dined at El Manantial several times and I always have the same impression--this is SUCH a terrific restaurant. The menu has lots of options, even for vegetarians like me. The food is always fresh and delicious. The service is always outstanding. Dining at El Manantial is a treat.Special Features:
- My Favorite RestaurantSGR1211Dined on 8/22/2014The only restaurant we go to for special celebrations or when we just need a pick me up. Everyone remembers who we are and the food is always fantastic. I love the ambiance and the staff is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful placeTuncheDined on 8/21/2014Waiters have excelent service and very knowledge about food and wines. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food reasonably pricedMKinVaDined on 8/21/2014Our large party could individually choose between the regular menu and the tapas menu. The wide variety of choices was great. The good was excellent. We had a large party on a weeknight. It was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry they are moving!SuporterDined on 8/18/2014I have enjoyed dining at El Manantial since they opened. It is particularly wonderful for me as I can walk there from my house. Wish them well in Herndon, where I'm sure I will visit, but maybe not quite as often as when they were "in my backyard." I understand that they need to find a better location and have found one, I'm just selfish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent!AFSEcatsDined on 8/16/2014I've never had a bad meal here whether it was seafood, beef, chicken, etc. Service is always good and the waiter's recommendations are accurate.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in RestondavidDined on 8/14/2014El Manantial has got to be the best restaurant in Reston. Outstanding, professional service and food to die for. Great wine list. We go there for special occasions. They are moving to Herndon soon, but I expect the same over there.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingJohnDined on 8/5/2014For the price point ($160 for three people), I was less than impressed with the quality of the main courses. Tasted very much like banquet food. I had Petit Chateau, fellow diners had the Paella and a fish special. The general consensus was the food was average, i.e. worth about half of what we paid, and fairly bland overall. The service was good, but we were one of only three diners in the entire place so that says a lot. Value wise, it was not worth it to me.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014We enjoy an evening for special occasions and anytime we have friends looking for a new dining experience we bring them with us. Great food, great service, great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014The food was great and I really liked the decor. They are moving soon to a new location so I look forward to seeing what the new place will look like. A much better wine list compared to other places I've been to recently as well.Special Features:
- I love it!!!HappyDinerDined on 8/1/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Reston! The food is always good and the service is fantastic! It is a lovely family-owned restaurant that treats you like you are part of their family. We have had large groups there. We were well-served and our friends were very pleased with the food and the service. Children have been with us at times and they are always welcomed. We look forward to going to their new location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine neighborhood diningMarkdineDined on 7/26/2014Food quality and service are always good in this comfortable family run spot. Rack of lamb and blackened salmon are tops.Special Features:
- Great experiencetragbqDined on 7/23/2014As always, El Manantial delivered on all fronts; phenomenal cuisine, service, and experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite!ClintonVIPDined on 7/11/2014My wife & I celebrated our wedding anniversary and had a wonderful evening. The service was warm and inviting and the food very good as always. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantlgirdnerDined on 7/3/2014Food was very good. Service was outstanding and ambience was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch floperickaDined on 7/3/2014My coworkers and I met here for lunch and were excited about trying the tapas. Another one of my coworkers wanted pizza but the oven was not working. Overall the restaurant was nicely decorated but the food served was far from fresh. I was given cut fish to pass for scallops. I've never seen a scallop shaped like s triangle or a square. Needless to say we will not be returning.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014If you can get past the physical location if this place, the dining experience is amazing! Best find in awhileSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- El ManantialAndreaDined on 6/27/2014I really enjoy visiting El Manantial. It has been around for a long time, is family owned and provides great service. I enjoyed the Caesar salad, which is always delicious and had the seafood paella. The paella was okay, not too tasty but enjoyable! I will definitely stick to some of their other offerings on my next visit. The energy level was very low for a Friday evening so I was happy to hear that they are moving soon. I think they need to move based upon the fact that very few people were there. I learned that they are moving to the "old-town Herndon" area where the Russia House used to be located. Estimate move in about 2 months. I'll be back again soon!Special Features:
- Great place for a quiet lunchLunchBunchDined on 6/23/2014We look for restaurants with excellent food and a quiet atmosphere to catch up with friends. The staff was very attentive but not intrusive and did not hurry us. The food was very well prepared and tasty. Portions are large so we all had enough for dinner also. Great Sangria. Will go back. Check when they are moving before heading there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly friendlySandyVIPDined on 6/19/2014The host and waiters remember your face and always welcome you back. They make great recommendations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat.JeanneODined on 6/11/2014Consistently a wonderful meal that is fresh and flavorful. The service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicelisalomboDined on 6/10/2014We read the reviews on this restaurant and booked based on that. Wasn't disappointed. Loved our waiter, didn't push us and let us sit and talk without any rush. Accommodated my gluten allergies. Food was yummy.Special Features:
- Tapas All Day!FrequentDineeDined on 6/7/2014My family and I went here recently to try out their tapas menu after reading so many good reviews. Everything was pretty good and there were a variety of tapas dishes; so we were able to try a little of everything! I suggest the seafood paella, beef medallions, escargot, and crab salad. Also, be ready, although this place is relocating in the near future, it's currently located in an old, small, empty shopping center. Don't be discouraged! In addition to the tapas menu they also offer lunch and dinner menus for larger portions of well prepared food!; but if you're in the mood to try a little of everything, I definitely recommend the tapas menu! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favoriteJDinNOVADined on 6/7/2014Been going to El Manantial for many years and have tried many different menu items - all of which have been very good. This is a great restaurant for quality dining, great wine, nice serving pace, quiet enough to have a conversation, pleasant and friendly wait staff, and a nice ambience.Special Features:
- Fabulous food, perfect service.CucinabellaDined on 6/7/2014Had the pleasure of dining here as a Mothers Day surprise. Returned with a friend and planning to return many times more. Both dining experiences were fabulous- all items cooked to perfection, from appetizers to dessert. Extensive wine list. Professional and friendly wait staff. The restaurant decor is also charming. They are moving to old towne Herndon in the coming months so be sure to check their location when making a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/6/2014My wife and I are never disappointed with the food and service at this outstanding restaurant. It is among our very favorites places to eat and relax, as one can tell from my countless reviews. The bottom-line is if you have not been to this place, you absolutely must make the effort to go. You will not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemjsaburkeDined on 5/31/2014For my wife and I's 5th anniversary I was looking for something a little different. I was hoping to find something with some class and style without venturing all the way into DC. After scanning reviews and menus on Open Table, I chose El Manantial. What a great decision it turned out to be! The wine (a Spanish red blend), the meal and the dessert were fabulous. Even better than the food was the personal attention and great service from the waiter and from the co-owner. They were charming and friendly while at the same time allowing us to enjoy our special evening together. They will be moving to Herndon soon and we cannot wait to visit them again in their new location. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- The following 703 reviews are from the El Manantial reviews archive.
- Eclectic menuDinechefVIPDined on 5/17/2014The restaurant features a mix of French, Spanish and Mediterranean food. They had a wide selection of appetizers as well as entrees from each region, with a good mix of meat and fish dishes. This is one of our favorite restaurants, always a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Always:ExcellentnikitaVIPDined on 5/16/2014Food was great & service was outstanding as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to new locationSJR1VIPDined on 5/13/2014This place will be moving in July/Aug to Herndon and I'm looking forward to the new location. Tilapia was slightly overcooked as it was too tender and the duck was great but next time I will try it without the Raspberry sauce--it's just too sweet with that. Frog legs were a good choice for appetizer. Service was attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- returning customerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/10/2014I have been here many times, it is consistently great! (not good, but great!) Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodsilverfoxDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I have been dining here since it opened 11 years ago, and it is one of our favorite restaurants. Owner Humberto Fuentes could not be more gracious, and this family- run establishment delivers consistently good food in a lovely atmosphere. The menu is extensive. The duck is always a favorite, as is the mushroom or lobster ravioli appetizer. Their fish dishes are always fresh and delicious. We have enjoyed the wine selection. The staff are friendly, and knowledgeable. We will miss them at their current location, which is close to home, but look forward to dining at their new location in Herndon later this summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointing, a fine dinnerRetiredDined on 4/26/2014Everything was fresh; the fish special was so good that when I dropped a forkful of the baramundi on the floor, I had to really think about whether to pick it up and eat it. I didn't, but I still wonder if that was the right choice. We asked one of the owners to pick a good bottle of white, dry but fruity, for us, and it was a Spanish wine we didn't know but we enjoyed very much. My spouse and I have eaten here numerous times, often bringing friends, and none of us has never been disappointed. They are moving to Herndon late this summer, and we intend to eat at the new location the first week.Special Features:
- staff lunchdineandwineDined on 4/24/2014Our group of 8 people enjoyed lunch at El Manantial. The menu had a good variety of appetizers and entrees. The wine and beer list was also good. Everyone said their food was excellent. The wait staff was pleasant and attentive. I would definitely recommend this restaurant - and already have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Greata1cookerDined on 4/20/2014This family owned jewel is one of our favorite places. Very friendly, good food, great wine list and they are very knowledgeable if you need a recommendation for a good wine with your meal. Order the Apple Tartain when you order your meal for a special dessert treat..otherwise the Raspberry Tart!Special Features:
- A rare findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Stumbled accross this restaurant thanks to Siri. Had no idea it was there. They've done themselves no favor with the name of the restaurant as its 1) hard to pronounce for English speakers and 2) leaves an impression of middle eastern to non-spanish speakers. The food is french/spanish. We had a fabulous Mahi-Mahi and Petit Chateau (two grilled scallops, two shrimp and two beef medallions served with a medley of vegetables, beautifully done, couscous pilaf). The wait staff was pleasant and yet unobtrusive. The kitchen was very accommodating. The Mahi Mahi was on the menu as blackened but they grilled it at my request. A great place for date night.Special Features: