El Gaucho - Tacoma
2119 Pacific Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98402Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
El Gaucho - Tacoma
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elgaucho.com/
- Phone: (253) 272-1510
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm -12:00am
Sunday-Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm (open to close)
Friday 4:00pm-6:00pm & 9:00pm-close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jose DeJesus Boites
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live piano music seven days a week.
- Special Events: Private dining at El Gaucho Tacoma is a special occasion. Our beautiful and incomparable dining rooms are available seven days a week. We also provide buyouts of our entire restaurant. Please contact us if you are interested in reservations in our private dining rooms or request an online form.
A word from El Gaucho - Tacoma
Named as “the definitive steakhouse in the country,” El Gaucho’s award-winning menu features 28-Day Dry-Aged Niman Ranch All-Natural Certified Angus Beef® Brand Prime steaks and custom aged Certified Angus Beef® brand tenderloin filets, ribs, pork, poultry and the freshest seafood, all prepared to perfection over an open bed of glowing coals in an exhibition-style kitchen. Our extensive wine list is award-winning, and happy hour menu is widely recognized as one of Tacoma's best. Live music is offered nightly.Continued
El Gaucho is the Northwest’s steakhouse legacy focused on old-school, tableside service. We revel in helping guests create a night to remember.
El Gaucho is the Northwest’s steakhouse legacy focused on old-school, tableside service. We revel in helping guests create a night to remember.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
El Gaucho - Tacoma - Best Restaurants in Tacoma ›
El Gaucho - Tacoma reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (84)romantic (71)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (30)good for groups (13)late-night find (10)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- First time at El Gaucho.JasonMorepleesDined on 11/13/2014Took my wife there for our anniversary. The food was amazing. My wife and I had steak and lobster, and they steak may have been the best steak that I have ever tasted. Our server Anne Maria was fantastic, she explained the menu, offered suggestions and never left us waiting to speak with her. She also offered to take a picture of us so we could capture he night. Loved this place, will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experienceTroyDined on 11/13/2014Our server Rojay made our experience at El Gaucho. It was my wife's birthday and he set us up with elegant appetizer and champagne to start our evening. His attention to detail and knowledge of the food and wine were thorough. He even sent us home with a slice of key lime pie that was to die for. Food, service, and ambience were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ServiceToddDined on 11/9/2014The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. We were celebrating family birthdays and they made our evening very special from the moment we walked in the door! We have made this an annual tradition for the past five years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FeelingLuvgoodfoodDined on 11/8/2014This is our third time to El Gouchos. Food is always great. Service always supreme. This time the staff were much more friendly and sociable. Instead of feeling like a stuffy old money restaurant it is now warm, sociable, friendly. I didn't feel like Julia Roberts n Pretty Woman. What a nice change. The piano player was lovely and warming.Special Features:
- Wonderful anniversary nightEveningoutDined on 11/5/2014Service was Outstanding the food was excellent, tender and tasteful. 1st time at El Gaucho, we went there for our anniversary, atmosphere was very nice, the staff went above and beyond to make my wife and me feel welcomed. I now understand why everyone talks about this place. Prices were a little up there thought this was a special occasion so we knew that going in.Special Features:
- Our special anniversary dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Had a great time, everything was perfect. Wait staff was attentive and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- again, wonderful.mcarperDined on 10/30/2014The food at El Gaucho is excellent - the service superb. The noise level was slightly louder than I would have liked to have a nice conversation with our guests - but at least this time we were not seated right next to the piano. Everyone has to try the lobster mashed potatoes - they were ridiculously good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The food was great. The service almost perfect. The piano player could have been better. We enjoy this restraunt for special occasions. It is my wifes favotite place.Special Features:
- Swift125Dined on 10/18/2014I have been a customer for many years. We appreciate the professional staff and the formal attire. The food is always excellent. We are always pleased with the quality of service and the attention to detailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great time!RobG70Dined on 10/17/2014El Gaucho never disappoints. Great food, better service and an amazing time. Even the piano guy was fun! This was my first time to the Tacoma location and is now my new favorite (in Washington). Portland gets a lot of points for being able to enjoy a cigar.Special Features:
- Nice place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Food and service were both great. Timing between courses was excellent. We were a little taken aback by a few of the patrons attire, Seahawks jerseys and blue jeans, but I guess that isn't so far out of the norm in the PNW.Special Features:
- great once a year experienceR3dplagueDined on 10/11/2014Great ambiance and absolutely amazing food, large wine list, and the full French restraunt experience. A little pricey if you do the full 4 courses, but portions are so generous I don't think you need to, unless you wanna be rolled home. Highly recommended for extra special occasions. Amazing server and great table side shows, never change the Diablo appetizer, it set an amazing expectation that the beef fillet and dessert delivered on perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!teemanDined on 10/10/2014Best sirloin stake I have had in years, it was good and the perfect among for a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous everything!GoodgollyletseatDined on 10/10/2014We celebrated my son's 25th birthday here. They made the experience personal and fun. The food was "over the top" delicious. Amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousrtkdinerDined on 10/10/2014I took my wife here for our anniversary. There was an anniversary card on the table with rose petals. Nice touch. The food was amazing. We had the Chateau Briand. We go there every year for our Anniversary and love the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcelenteSiempreYoDined on 10/7/2014El ambiente muy relajado, el servicio muy excelente. Si, yo recomiendo este restaurante (El Gaucho) a mis amistades.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OH NO! Skip Skewer; go for pianist!sitkagirlVIPDined on 9/30/2014Party of 3 B'day dinner. NO to Tenderloin Brochette. Server accidently chucked tomato off top of skewer; landed on serve cart. Chunk of meat flipped up/off sword, rolled onto floor. Server burned trying to 'right' flaming sword/flying meat. The meat couldn't be cut w/steak knife; stretched like elastic. Waiter agreed "that isn't right". Meat replaced w/good steak, but by then, guest of honor had to dine alone. Tab W/tip, $300.- $350. $50. discount for b'days for 'club' members - nice.. BUT, wd rather have NO discount/fabulous experience. EG says they will allow $35. on future visit, available UPON REQUEST. So, OK, I'm not looking for free handouts; thanks but no thanks. W/other fine dining options, won't come begging for $35 (;Special Features:
- Wonderful nightfoodsgreatDined on 9/25/2014We were seated at a nice table complete with a birthday card and rose petals. What a great touch and a very classy act from the staff. The staff also was very knowledgeable and attentive. The food presentation was fantastic from table side salad to flaming brochettes. Steak and brochettes were cooked perfectly. Best dinning experience in the Pacific Northwest, I feel. Great value for money.Special Features:
- DeliciousYumyumDined on 9/24/2014Great food. Reheated and ate what was leftover the next night.Special Features:
- Excellent food... a bit noisySilverdaleCoupleDined on 9/13/2014Food was great. Service was very nice. Noise level was a bit loud for us. We were looking for a quiet place to talk. Ended up sitting above the music. Not to the point where we had to yell at each other. But did have to lean in to hear what was being said. The scalloped potatoes were wonderful! Wine suggestion was perfect with dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice for steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I, and another couple came here for a night out and boy were we blown away at how tender, moist, and perfectly cooked our tenderloin steaks were. The sides consisted of baked potatoes, asparagus, broiled tomatoes, and mushrooms. Everything was perfectly cooked, and the presentation was wonderful. The servers dress your potatoes with all the fixings, prepare a special sauce and cut your piece of meat right in front of you. The service was wonderful, and there is really nothing bad that I can say other than the prices are pretty steep, and our bill was right around $300 for 4 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chop HousetacomagourmetDined on 9/12/2014El Gaucho knows how to do a chop house right. Great meat, great service, love their Caesar! They are pricey, though, so check their prices before reserving. I wish they would raise the lights, however; they give you penlights since they know it's hard to read the menu otherwise.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and had a gift card, so decided to try El Gaucho. The gift card definitely helped with the expense of the evening. The food was fabulous, from the bread to the dessert sampler. Would we come again? We'd love to, but only for a very special occasion. Thank you for helping this evening to be so nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary!hikingqueenDined on 9/6/2014Our server Jake was awesome! We had a card with rose petals on the table when we arrived. He made our 11th Anniversary very special! Food was amazing, it was our first time. Steaks were really worth every penny. I had Steak Gaucho hubby had Rib Chop Side dishes were big, we should have ordered only one. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MuffinmanDined on 8/31/2014Everything was wonderful. 1 suggestion. The leftovers were packed in the same to go box and Fred has food allergies! If I had Salmon, nuts or egg on my leftovers he would not be able to eat it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerannivdinDined on 8/26/2014We had a wonderful evening, from the flowers on the table, to the excellent food completed with the desert sampler!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every pennySteveDined on 8/25/2014Absolutely a Tacoma treat. Great for special occasions or when you want that perfect steak. Looking forward to future visits.Special Features:
- Birthday NightLLarivDined on 8/23/2014We were seated immediately but not the best location in the restaurant and right next to another couple which didn't do much for private conversation. The service was excellent, friendly and helpful with suggestions. The menus is the standard El Gaucho menu so there is some lack of excitement in trying some new entrees. The food (steak) was perfectly cooked as were the sides.Special Features:
- Food/priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014I would like to start out by saying the atmosphere and service was amazing!!! However, I was a little disappointed at the food especially at the prices they charge. When ordering a $40-$75 steak you would expect it to come out prepared the way you asked and to be amazing. It was not! Luckly I had ordered a wedge salad (good) and scalloped potatoes (good) otherwise I would have left hungry. I think if I ever go back I will probably do salad and a shareable only.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Didn't know what to expect but was pleased with the food and the service and atmosphere were outstanding.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The best steak I've ever had in my life. Worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Service was excellent and the food was rich and indulgent. The only thing we didn't care for was the steak unfortunately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DiningPrincipalwilksDined on 8/14/2014I was completely satisfied with the Iconic course meals. The Diablo is the finest meal ever prepared!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh shrimp??OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014The shrimp in the shrimp salad tasted metallic. They were inedible. I'm sure they were not fresh. The halibut was nice, as was the iceberg salad. Drinks are very overpriced. Service staff was friendly but not very knowledgable and their timing needs improvement. The Tacoma El Gaucho does not measure up to the Seattle standard. For the considerable expense, I expect a memorable experience. It didn't happen. I'll drive to Seattle if I want another El Gaucho experience.
- funniteDined on 8/11/2014We had a great time, great food, and loved the piano music.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014The service here is unparalleled. Everyone from the wait staff to the support staff was excellent. I changed my reservation time 3 times and the restaurant was very acomodating.Special Features:
- Special NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We were treated like royalty for our anniversary. So appreciated the kind & special treatment! You made our night special! The food was cooked perfectly too! Thank you all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!dshakDined on 7/30/2014By far the best dining experience I have ever had. Every course we had was delicious, steak cooked perfectly. Very attentive waitstaff, and the GM/sommelier is the best. He was very informative and helpful. It was our anniversary and there was a hand written card on our table along with rose petals. At then end of the night they bring you a fruit/cheese platter that is complimentary. What more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014The food was very good, and the service was awesome. I have nothing bad to say about our dinner experience there, and plenty of good. We had the chateaubriand for two, cooked perfectly, with a complete tableside service. We loved it and we will do it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerCorrieDined on 7/27/2014Always enjoy our dinners at El Gaucho. It can be a little over priced. Had a wonderful birthday dinner with my husband.Special Features: