El Gaucho - Seattle
2505 First Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
El Gaucho - Seattle
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elgaucho.com/
- Phone: 2067281337x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: Lounge 4:00pm – 11:00pm, Dinner service begins at 5:00pm
Friday - Saturday: Lounge 4:00pm – 12:00am; dinner service begins at 5:00pm.
Happy Hour: Sunday - Monday: all night
Tuesday - Friday 4:00pm - 7:00pm and 10:00pm - close
Saturday 4:00pm - 5:00pm and 10:00pm to close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew Brandsey
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano music seven days a week.
- Special Events: Private dining at El Gaucho is a memorable occasion. Our beautiful and incomparable private rooms are available for lunch and dinner service Monday through Friday and dinner service on the weekends. We also provide buyouts of our entire restaurant. Please contact Brooke Lee at 206-267-5510 or email@example.com for details.
A word from El Gaucho - Seattle
El Gaucho is the Northwest's steakhouse legacy focused on elegant old-school, tableside service for people celebrating their lives.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
El Gaucho - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
El Gaucho - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)romantic (106)notable wine list (65)fit for foodies (58)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (17)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (13)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014El Gaucho is a great place to eat and my wife and I enjoyed ourselves, the service was amazing and we were treated like royalty. I will be coming back and now I'm pretty sure that Iwill be disapointed when I go to other fine dining establishments.Special Features:
- Attention To DetailLoveGoodFoodDined on 8/22/2014Dining at El Gaucho was a terrific experience from the atmosphere to the food and service. We enjoyed our dinner, the wait staff, and the quality of service. We will surely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great not goodbotThatLovesFoodDined on 8/17/2014Food was very good, but maybe not worth the price. You know what was worth the price? The service. Everyone there was an absolute joy to be around while maintaining their professionalism. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Servicemcoco816Dined on 8/16/2014As always with El Gaucho, the service, food and experience was wonderful. Very attentive staff but not overly so, if that makes sense. Everything was just phenomenal. Wonderful place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unsatisfiedDined on 8/16/2014The waiter got my drink order wrong the first time. My steak tasted more well done than medium well. The food was mediocre, the man on the piano was good but the restaurant was too dark and didn't satisfy my taste. It was my birthday and I got no candle on my dessert. The Met has 5 stars in my books, and will be dining there from now on.
- Big Let Down!AlexBDined on 8/16/2014I took my husband here for his 50th birthday. When I ordered my filet mignon medium rare, it came back blue. They graciously took it back, but upon return it was STILL very rare. They finally nailed it on the second try, but by this time, everyone else at the table was finished so I was eating alone. Thankfully I was not charged for the steak. On another disappointing note, when I made my reservations through Open Table, I specifically stated we were celebrating a birthday. When the restaurant called to confirm, I let them know we were celebrating a birthday. When the the dessert arrived, no candles - nothing. Our waiter apologized but informed us he was not made aware of this request. Very disappointing considering the great expense!Special Features:
- I love El Goucho!!YummyDined on 8/16/2014You can never go wrong here! Not to brag but I literally have eaten here over 20 times (mostly due to business functions). I have never been dissatisfied. Saturday evening was a rare occasion because we were there for fun and celebration verses business. The staff was polite, punctual and provided a wonderful fun element to our dinner. The food was basically perfect. You will not leave hungry. I suggest going to El Goucho when you have had NOTHING to eat during the day. The made-at-the-table caesar is one of the best and it is a very hefty portion (they might even give you the recipe)! The main dining room is not "packed" with people so it does not feel over crowded. If you are looking for a special restaurant…go here!Special Features:
- Love El GauchoSteveDined on 8/15/2014We come here 2-3 times a year to celebrate our special occasions. Their table side Caesar is amazing. The steaks always cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Steaks and ServicethekelleysDined on 8/12/2014We've been fans of El Gaucho for when we're in the mood for a great steak, impeccable service and an old hollywood style night out. It's a favorite when the folks or siblings are in town as they enjoy the throwback atmosphere. The fruit, cheese and nut dessert tray is not as grand as it once was but it doesn't need to be, there was more than enough to satisfy.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner and servicejseattleDined on 8/11/2014We started by sharing the spicy shrimp appetizer - very flavorful, although just a little too spicy for us. My friend had a filet mignon medium and I had a filet medium-rare with a mushroom sauce. The steaks were excellent - again, great flavor and very tender. We ordered a side of spinach. Before dessert, they brought out a fruit, nut, cheese platter - very good, although the nuts were a bit stale. We shared the bread pudding for dessert - wow, that was tasty! Our server was very knowledgeable about the wine and the food, which helped us. Also we felt well attended to - eg., out water glasses were always full. El Gaucho offers a lovely experience and excellent food. It is expensive! Dinner for 2 with 1 glass of wine/person was $180.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014El Gaucho Seattle is our go-to restaurant for special occasions. The ambiance is impeccable - perfectly dark and cozy. Service is always top-notch. The staff make you feel like royalty, even escorting women to the restroom. The food is undeniably good. We loved the four course menu that allowed us to try so many different foods. The roasted sweet corn is unlike any corn you've ever had and the Bailey's bread pudding is the definition of comfort food. The after-dinner complimentary cheese, nut, and fruit platter is the cherry on top. El Gaucho is hands down the best place in Seattle for a dining experience worthy for any celebration!Special Features:
- Great SteaksLennyVIPDined on 8/7/2014Best steaks in Seattle. Bit pricey but well worth it great dining experience in unique settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceKel0404Dined on 8/2/2014We decided to go to El Gaucho to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. It was an amazing experience from start to finish. We started with a drink at the bar. Out drinks were great and the service was wonderful. We then had dinner and they had special accommodations for our anniversary and made us feel very special! The low lighting made it very romantic along with the piano music at perfect volumn in the background. We had the 4 course meal which is $85 per person but I have to say for the amount of food you get and how amazingly good it is, it's well worth it! I recommend the filet mignon, table side Caesar and bread pudding! We will definitely be dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousFoodfanDined on 7/31/2014Rebecca our server was warm and friendly. The food was fabulous ( truffle soup👼). Dessert great. I don't know the name of the person who did our dessert ( banana foster). But he was fantastic and funny. Whole night AMAZINGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and spendyLizLarsDined on 7/30/2014We went and sat in the bar for happy hour. We had really amazing food for happy hour, with decent sized dishes for $10-13 each. Drinks were also discounted to $8-$10. We shared the diablo prawns, steak frites and one other dish and we're happy and full. The dishes were all vibrant with flavor and delicious! With two drinks each, the total came to around $100.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerFancyGalDined on 7/29/2014I took my boyfriend to El Gaucho Seattle for his 24th birthday. It was my very first time going there and I was impressed. He had the boneless New York steak and I had the scallops and prawns linguini. We also ordered the Caesar salad they make on front of you and let me tell you it was quite possibly the best Caesar salad I've ever had. His steak was perfectly done and my dish was delicious. The service was absolutely amazing, they made my boyfriend feel so special on his birthday. He told me that no server has ever done that before. They had a card waiting on the table for him and our server even paid for our deserts (crem brûlée.) Over all I can't wait to go back here for another celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizers and sides were great.smccormick22Dined on 7/29/2014El Gaucho's Appetizers and side dishes were great. Top of the line. I'd very much recommend the steak bites in Cajun sauce and table side Caesar salad. The entrees were a bit of a miss. The sauce was a bit too salty and the seasonings were "weird". We had the NY Steak medallions with lobster medallions. The lobster that came with the dish was grossly overcooked. It was rubbery, and lacking in that sweet lobster flavor. Overall, I would return again for the appetizers, sides and desserts, but not the entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014El Gaucho has been around for years and continues to churn out great meals and excellent service. One of the few places left in Seattle where they mix the caesar salad at your table. Execellent wine list but a tad pricy as in greater than normal margins. Steaks were outstanding.Special Features:
- Overrated expensive amazon dealNonicknameVIPDined on 7/26/2014Limited menu sub par service and they make you feel bad about honoring amazon deal. Food was average at best
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014I've always had such a great experience at El Gaucho, but that was not the case during our last visit. The service was terrible. We had to ask for bread 3 times before our waiter finally brought it over to us. When our main course finally came, everyone at the table received their meal except for me, though none of the wait staff seemed to notice or care. I finally asked our waitress about it and she seemed surprised that I didn't have my meal. ? They gave me a small app in the meantime, which was essentially plain crab meat on lettuce. When my meal came, one of my cuts of meat was undercooked, while the other was overcooked. I was really disappointed by the entire experience.
- A dining experience not 2 be missedJulesDined on 7/23/2014My first time at any El Gaucho was with a deal I purchased through Amazon Local for $175 for a four course meal for two. I chose the wine pairings and my boyfriend had the cocktails. The drinks were tastey, but the wine is an amazing deal. And each one was deliciously sinful...oh my goodness. The food. Oh the food. Ceasar salad prepared tableside...wicked shrimp, prime rib medallions, chocolate bourbon cake...all of it, absolutely perfect. And they are not chintzy, we were completely stuffed when we left. A new experience for me is that they are not worried about turning tables. They want you to stay, savor your meal, enjoy your company...it is awesome. It couldn't have been any better. Well done El Gaucho, well done.Special Features:
- left much to be desired...foodforlifeDined on 7/22/2014I'm not sure if there is a change in Chef or just a bad night. My halibut was overcooked on the outside and almost raw on the inside. My friend's filet minon was overdone, chewy (second time was even worse). The staff was very kind and brought out a second stead but it just didn't work out. They took the item off the tab but it's unfortuante the quality was just not there. For what they charge for their food, I would expect alot more.
- Love this Steakhouse!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014El Gaucho is our favorite restaurant. The food, drink and ambiance are beyond compare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedFoodieDined on 7/19/2014I was expecting top notch cuisine and the end result was not impressive. The atmosphere was nice and it was romantic, but a couple that only gets away a few times a year I was extremely unimpressed. We cook well at home so I was expecting tone wowed and it just wasn't worth the money we spent.Special Features:
- Very accomodatingHappyCustomerDined on 7/19/2014My boyfriend is allergic to dairy and they were very kind to make dairy free mash potatoes. This is something that most places will not do for him. Our waiter even brought over another basket of dairy free bread without us asking. I will absolutely recommend and will go back.Special Features:
- Great Time with El GauchorapbusinessDined on 7/18/2014The ambience is warm and inviting of conversation; the pianist in the corner is playing the jazz standards we all know. The lighting is dark, the table meant for good conversation, and the food is heavenly. Ask for Chris as your table waiter--he si very attentive, and has a sense of humor, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply divineEmeraldcitygirlDined on 7/13/2014Classic old school service, mouth-watering food, and an indoor atmostophere that somehow still feels like you're on an intimate little plaza somewhere in Spain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveDined on 7/12/2014Outstanding experience. Food can't be topped. Not a good choice if you like a light and lively ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAnthonyVIPDined on 7/11/2014A half empty restaurant on a Friday evening with slow service, missed and delayed item delivereies. Overall just not the experience I'd expect for a 500 tab for 4. To top it off, the final bill was off by 15% due to overcharges for items that were part of the multi-course tasting menu. Less than impressive service doesn't compensate for what was typically good food.
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/11/2014El Gaucho is an experience to remember. From the darkly lit room to attentive, professional wait staff to the flavor explosion of each bite this dining experience was something my wife and I will always remember. I highly recommend the Caesar Salad made table side and ordering from the "El Gaucho Experience". Be prepared to open your wallet, but it was definitely worth every penny.Special Features:
- Behind the timesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2014El Gaucho is behind the food evolution times. The portions are ridiculous and old fashioned. The room is huge but too dark to enjoy the food. The penlights provided for the menu should be a tip off. Service was top notch but fell off near the end of the meal. The sister restaurant, Aqua is present day with healthier food and beautiful scenery out of their plentiful windows. Perhaps El Gaucho needs a makeover.
- dependableharboDined on 7/10/2014Always good. Never a disappointment. We will keep El Gaucho as our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- El GauchoOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/9/2014A little old-Seattle charm and feels like a step back to the classy days of dining. Great service and fabulous food in a romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Seattle ClassicToddDined on 7/7/2014El Gaucho is a destination in Seattle. Fantastic steaks, caesars, apps, wine list, service.Special Features:
- Great food good serviceNorthDinerDined on 7/7/2014The food was very good, the service was good... maybe a little too over bearing... overall I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- SuperbEvaXDined on 7/3/2014El Gaucho never fails to impress. They gave us a very nice table complete with rose petals for our anniversary.Special Features:
- Anniversary special!!FoodieCoupleDined on 7/2/2014Service service service!!! The food was amazing, but the service was incredible. Our anniversary was so much fun! Details are what counts and the El Gaucho staff knocked it out of the park from the valet to our server, truly a team effort. I wish every restaurant understood detailed service the way El Gaucho does!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect splurgelove2dineoutDined on 7/2/2014Seattle has always been a great city for exemplary retail dining experiences, with every imaginable cuisine available. If you have to make a choice for a splurge, and you can only pick one place, it should be El Goucho on First Ave., in Belltown. With several excellent steak restaurants in town, El Goucho manages to rise to the top, and I should know, I've tried them all more than once. Granted, it is not inexpensive, but for the steaks, the wine list and the tableside service, it's worth every penny of your hard earned money. Tip: Get the tableside prepared Caesar salad and for dessert, either the tableside Bananas Foster or Cherries Jubilee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expensive for what it wasNonicknameVIPDined on 6/28/2014Amazon local deal IMO was not what I thought it would get which kind of made me feel like it wasn't worth it.for 175 for two I figured we'd be able to choose off the menu. Nope we were given menus but then quickly were told oh you need to order off this one page small selection menu. Wine pairing went along with it, and that was nice. We had good size pours. Food was tasty, nothing that special. We eat at a lot of high end places. Service was slow at first but then improved We liked our waiter. Generous portion sizes ambiance was really dark but relaxing. Will not be buying any future amazon deals for this place
- Old school bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/26/2014Food, drinks, atmosphere and a very attentive server, Maik, made for a wonderful night out. This is the way dining out should always be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.