El Gaucho - Seattle
2505 First Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
El Gaucho - Seattle
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elgaucho.com/
- Phone: 2067281337x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: Lounge 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Dinner service begins at 5:00pm
Friday - Saturday: Lounge 4:00pm – 12:00am; dinner service begins at 5:00pm.
Happy Hour: Sunday - Monday: all night
Tuesday - Thursday 9:00pm - - close
Friday - Saturday 10:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew Brandsey
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano music seven days a week.
- Special Events: Private dining at El Gaucho is a memorable occasion. Our beautiful and incomparable private rooms are available for lunch and dinner service Monday through Friday and dinner service on the weekends. We also provide buyouts of our entire restaurant. Please contact Brooke Lee at 206-267-5510 or email@example.com for details.
A word from El Gaucho - Seattle
El Gaucho is the Northwest's steakhouse legacy focused on elegant old-school, tableside service for people celebrating their lives.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
El Gaucho - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
El Gaucho - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)romantic (101)notable wine list (60)fit for foodies (59)late-night find (18)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (12)great for brunch (1)Show More
- go hungryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014we recently dined here for my boyfriends birthday. The service was fantastic and the food amazing. It feels timeless in there, classy and elegant. I couldn't believe I saw people in jeans and tshirts (dress up, Seattle)! Seriously though, GO HUNGRY. We were hungry when we arrived and left uncomfortably full. You get a ton of delicious food, so be prepared! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- HuskydinerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Food and service are excellent. A bit noisy to be really romantic. Parking fee for valet parking.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Great food, nice atmosphere and superb service. El Gaucho lives up to its reputation as a truly fine dining establishment. They go the extra mile including their post dinner fruit and cheese platter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- El Gaucho is a favorite!KMcGinnisDined on 9/26/2014I first dined at the El Gaucho in Portland and had a wonderful experience. I couldn't wait to try the one in Seattle, since that is currently where I reside. This past weekend, my sister and I had another great experience dining at El Gaucho. The service was right on target, the food was incredibly delicious, and I loved the ambiance (dark lighting, jazz-club feel). I will definitely be going back in the near future!Special Features:
- Great old time steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Dark and rich interior with a vibe of a by gone era, yet just modern enough so as not to seem dated. Great service and really good food.Special Features:
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Food was outstanding. Service very pleasant. Music a little loud but you get used to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in SeattlepuckeydrewDined on 9/24/2014While this is a special occasion place for my girlfriend and me, if we had the means, it would be a once a month kind of place. Unreal food, atmosphere and service. I cannot recommend it enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutCmeClimbDined on 9/23/2014To celebrate a special occasion, my wife and I decided to do the trio of El Goucho, Big Picture and a night at the Inn. We stopped by the bar pre-show to have a happy hour cocktail and nibble, all of which was very tasty, and the happy hour pricing was reasonable. Staff were very friendly and attentive without hovering. After the movie, back upstairs for dinner. The atmosphere was dim without being dark, and made you feel like you had the place to yourself. The service was impeccable; the waitress knew the menu well, had good opinions to help split decisions, and very personable. The food was extremely good. Quality and preparation was top-notch and the quantity was quite satisfying. Table-side Caesar Salad is a must try!Special Features:
- YumRainZone151Dined on 9/20/2014Tableside Caesar salad, chateaubriand for 2, and bananas foster all prepared tableside. 'nuf said!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as usual!DiningNyeDined on 9/19/2014Logged on to open table to make a reservation, and it asked if there was a special occasion. I said yes, our 27th Anniversary. So when we were seated at our table, there were red rose petals on the table and a card from the El Gaucho team wishing us a happy anniversary! It was very very nice. Dinner was fabulous--I actually forgot how good my dinner was from the last time we ate there, but when I took my first bite I in awe all over again. The special touches El gaucho made for our special evening was soo nice -- even to the complimentary slice of cheesecake with a candle. Thank you, El Gaucho, for an evening to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of good a little badOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014I've never been to El Gaucho and had anything short of exceptional service. Our waiter Jeff was a wonderful host and made sure we were taken care of throughout our visit. The cocktails I ordered were, again, exceptional. My only disappointment was the meal. I found much of the food to be unseasoned and quite bland. I ordered a rare Ahi Tuna steak and was shocked not to find any seasoning or even a little bit of salt. I realize that some diners are sensitive to salty foods, but much of what we ordered lacked any noticeable amount of flavor. Ok, ok – I promise to order the steak next time.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerMakeItSizzleDined on 9/18/2014I've gone to El Gaucho 5 times in the past 3 years. I've celebrated my last 3 birthdays there and have gone there on 2 other occasions. For the first time I was disappointed by both the service and food. My steak was warm at best which is unacceptable at $70 and the dinner lasted 3 hours due mainly to the 75 minute wait for our main courses to arrive. I traditionally have ordered the Banana Fosters but was so tired and disappointed by the end of dinner I opted for no desert. I will not return.
- Worth it!!Livin2LoveDined on 9/12/2014This is a VERY expensive restaurant. It is worth it! Get the truffle soup and get the bread pudding! Tableside Caesar is great, too! We absolutely LOVE El Gaucho - they take VERYgood care of us and we look forward to the special occasion of dining there.Special Features:
- wonderful if priceycg4unixDined on 9/5/2014Definitely not a cheap dining experience, but the service and food were both top notch. Well worth it for a special occasion. Their happy hour has a limited menu, but the food is just as good and costs significantly less. Will definitely come back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marisnne1234gdfoodsDined on 9/3/2014Great place love the people, pricey but pretty much worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experiencewmq13Dined on 8/30/2014Being a local, this is a place I've been interested in experiencing for some time now, but wanted to save it for a special occasion. It most definitely exceeded my expectations and all of the positive reviews I've heard/read were right. The food was fantastic, and our service was beyond amazing. I would highly recommend El Gaucho and am looking forward to this dining experience again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingCw15012Dined on 8/30/2014As usual El Gaucho never fails to impress. From the amazing service to the impeccable food. If you have the extra money to spend it's worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experiencegscotthjDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I always enjoy fining dining that runs from aperitif to appetizer, to entree to dessert and coffee, that is not overfilling, or under fed. El Gaucho raised the bar in all aspects for both of us. Our waiter Brian was excellent, he knew the menu and the specials and was quick to make what turned out to be excellent suggestions for both of us. Our food was most splendid and the flavor of the different items and sauces was fantastic. The roasted corn was particularly tasty to me. The steaks and seafood we enjoyed was incomparable. The fruit, nut and cheese to end the meal was marvelous, but we had to have some bread pudding and the Chocolate ganache, delicious!! We will be back to El Gaucho.Special Features:
- Wonderful SteakmelchDined on 8/29/2014Superb menu. My rib chop was perfectly done. Our wait staff was knowledgeable, entertaining and fully attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BerriesDined on 8/24/2014El Gaucho is a great place to eat and my wife and I enjoyed ourselves, the service was amazing and we were treated like royalty. I will be coming back and now I'm pretty sure that Iwill be disapointed when I go to other fine dining establishments.Special Features:
- Attention To DetailLoveGoodFoodDined on 8/22/2014Dining at El Gaucho was a terrific experience from the atmosphere to the food and service. We enjoyed our dinner, the wait staff, and the quality of service. We will surely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great not goodbotThatLovesFoodDined on 8/17/2014Food was very good, but maybe not worth the price. You know what was worth the price? The service. Everyone there was an absolute joy to be around while maintaining their professionalism. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Servicemcoco816Dined on 8/16/2014As always with El Gaucho, the service, food and experience was wonderful. Very attentive staff but not overly so, if that makes sense. Everything was just phenomenal. Wonderful place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unsatisfiedDined on 8/16/2014The waiter got my drink order wrong the first time. My steak tasted more well done than medium well. The food was mediocre, the man on the piano was good but the restaurant was too dark and didn't satisfy my taste. It was my birthday and I got no candle on my dessert. The Met has 5 stars in my books, and will be dining there from now on.
- Big Let Down!AlexBDined on 8/16/2014I took my husband here for his 50th birthday. When I ordered my filet mignon medium rare, it came back blue. They graciously took it back, but upon return it was STILL very rare. They finally nailed it on the second try, but by this time, everyone else at the table was finished so I was eating alone. Thankfully I was not charged for the steak. On another disappointing note, when I made my reservations through Open Table, I specifically stated we were celebrating a birthday. When the restaurant called to confirm, I let them know we were celebrating a birthday. When the the dessert arrived, no candles - nothing. Our waiter apologized but informed us he was not made aware of this request. Very disappointing considering the great expense!Special Features:
- I love El Goucho!!YummyDined on 8/16/2014You can never go wrong here! Not to brag but I literally have eaten here over 20 times (mostly due to business functions). I have never been dissatisfied. Saturday evening was a rare occasion because we were there for fun and celebration verses business. The staff was polite, punctual and provided a wonderful fun element to our dinner. The food was basically perfect. You will not leave hungry. I suggest going to El Goucho when you have had NOTHING to eat during the day. The made-at-the-table caesar is one of the best and it is a very hefty portion (they might even give you the recipe)! The main dining room is not "packed" with people so it does not feel over crowded. If you are looking for a special restaurant…go here!Special Features:
- Love El GauchoSteveDined on 8/15/2014We come here 2-3 times a year to celebrate our special occasions. Their table side Caesar is amazing. The steaks always cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Steaks and ServicethekelleysDined on 8/12/2014We've been fans of El Gaucho for when we're in the mood for a great steak, impeccable service and an old hollywood style night out. It's a favorite when the folks or siblings are in town as they enjoy the throwback atmosphere. The fruit, cheese and nut dessert tray is not as grand as it once was but it doesn't need to be, there was more than enough to satisfy.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner and servicejseattleDined on 8/11/2014We started by sharing the spicy shrimp appetizer - very flavorful, although just a little too spicy for us. My friend had a filet mignon medium and I had a filet medium-rare with a mushroom sauce. The steaks were excellent - again, great flavor and very tender. We ordered a side of spinach. Before dessert, they brought out a fruit, nut, cheese platter - very good, although the nuts were a bit stale. We shared the bread pudding for dessert - wow, that was tasty! Our server was very knowledgeable about the wine and the food, which helped us. Also we felt well attended to - eg., out water glasses were always full. El Gaucho offers a lovely experience and excellent food. It is expensive! Dinner for 2 with 1 glass of wine/person was $180.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014El Gaucho Seattle is our go-to restaurant for special occasions. The ambiance is impeccable - perfectly dark and cozy. Service is always top-notch. The staff make you feel like royalty, even escorting women to the restroom. The food is undeniably good. We loved the four course menu that allowed us to try so many different foods. The roasted sweet corn is unlike any corn you've ever had and the Bailey's bread pudding is the definition of comfort food. The after-dinner complimentary cheese, nut, and fruit platter is the cherry on top. El Gaucho is hands down the best place in Seattle for a dining experience worthy for any celebration!Special Features:
- Great SteaksLennyVIPDined on 8/7/2014Best steaks in Seattle. Bit pricey but well worth it great dining experience in unique settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceKel0404Dined on 8/2/2014We decided to go to El Gaucho to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. It was an amazing experience from start to finish. We started with a drink at the bar. Out drinks were great and the service was wonderful. We then had dinner and they had special accommodations for our anniversary and made us feel very special! The low lighting made it very romantic along with the piano music at perfect volumn in the background. We had the 4 course meal which is $85 per person but I have to say for the amount of food you get and how amazingly good it is, it's well worth it! I recommend the filet mignon, table side Caesar and bread pudding! We will definitely be dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousFoodfanDined on 7/31/2014Rebecca our server was warm and friendly. The food was fabulous ( truffle soup👼). Dessert great. I don't know the name of the person who did our dessert ( banana foster). But he was fantastic and funny. Whole night AMAZINGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and spendyLizLarsDined on 7/30/2014We went and sat in the bar for happy hour. We had really amazing food for happy hour, with decent sized dishes for $10-13 each. Drinks were also discounted to $8-$10. We shared the diablo prawns, steak frites and one other dish and we're happy and full. The dishes were all vibrant with flavor and delicious! With two drinks each, the total came to around $100.Special Features:
- Experiencing El GauchoAndyDined on 7/29/2014El Gaucho is one of our favorite restaurants. The experience this evening was, overall, fabulous albeit a delayed seating and an unusually slow pace throughout evening (3 hours arrival to departure...2 hours to arrival of entrees) and the restaurant was not too busy. We ordered the Iconic El Gaucho Experience...Dungeness crab cakes, tableside Caesar salad, NY steak w/peppercorn demi glace, sides of mashed potatoes, roasted sweet corn, aspargus and Creme brulee to finish. The presentation was beautiful and everything was done to perfection. Two wonderful wines from Alexandria Nicole Cellars (Block 17 Syrah and Quarry Butte) paired very well with all courses. We're already looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerFancyGalDined on 7/29/2014I took my boyfriend to El Gaucho Seattle for his 24th birthday. It was my very first time going there and I was impressed. He had the boneless New York steak and I had the scallops and prawns linguini. We also ordered the Caesar salad they make on front of you and let me tell you it was quite possibly the best Caesar salad I've ever had. His steak was perfectly done and my dish was delicious. The service was absolutely amazing, they made my boyfriend feel so special on his birthday. He told me that no server has ever done that before. They had a card waiting on the table for him and our server even paid for our deserts (crem brûlée.) Over all I can't wait to go back here for another celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizers and sides were great.smccormick22Dined on 7/29/2014El Gaucho's Appetizers and side dishes were great. Top of the line. I'd very much recommend the steak bites in Cajun sauce and table side Caesar salad. The entrees were a bit of a miss. The sauce was a bit too salty and the seasonings were "weird". We had the NY Steak medallions with lobster medallions. The lobster that came with the dish was grossly overcooked. It was rubbery, and lacking in that sweet lobster flavor. Overall, I would return again for the appetizers, sides and desserts, but not the entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014El Gaucho has been around for years and continues to churn out great meals and excellent service. One of the few places left in Seattle where they mix the caesar salad at your table. Execellent wine list but a tad pricy as in greater than normal margins. Steaks were outstanding.Special Features:
- Overrated expensive amazon dealNonicknameVIPDined on 7/26/2014Limited menu sub par service and they make you feel bad about honoring amazon deal. Food was average at best
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014I've always had such a great experience at El Gaucho, but that was not the case during our last visit. The service was terrible. We had to ask for bread 3 times before our waiter finally brought it over to us. When our main course finally came, everyone at the table received their meal except for me, though none of the wait staff seemed to notice or care. I finally asked our waitress about it and she seemed surprised that I didn't have my meal. ? They gave me a small app in the meantime, which was essentially plain crab meat on lettuce. When my meal came, one of my cuts of meat was undercooked, while the other was overcooked. I was really disappointed by the entire experience.